• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
I made a friend ragequit Mario Party forever when I used a Reverse Shroom in MP3 in the Ice map, to open a door with a Skeleton Key from the other side, so I can get to Boo and steal his Star. On the Last Turn.

Many lulz were had.
I've done this myself many times.

I've gotten very rich from this method.
So I found out that Mario Party money matches are a thing in Cincinnati and that they're trying to develop a Mario Party metagame for 2 and 3. At first I was laughing at this but when I played a game of 2 and witnessed a few things I was impressed by how much effort they took into it.

Apparently you can skill stop the dice block in Mario Party 2 to land on a 1 or 10. I never thought Mario Party could be taken so seriously or competitively.
Mario Party 2 & 3 actually have some degree of skill to them compared to the later ones which are more luck based than anything.

Obviously luck is still a big factor, but skill will get you much farther in these 2 games than in the later ones.

Mario Party 2 & 3 were awesome. So no objections to that. :estatic:

:231:
I second this.

Also Daisy & Waluigi were pretty awesome in Mario Party 3.

How fitting that Luigi is in those cut scenes.

Duking it out with his "love interest" and rival.

Thanks for the awesome games Hudson.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Well, at least you can use the :4ness: and :4shulk:Amiibo's from what the trailer has shown. Over 40 Amiibo's will work for Yoshi's Wooly World. :3
A :4ness: and :4shulk: Yoshi... I had no plans on getting this game, but now I need it.

Hong

The Strongest
Did somebody mention armour?

^ Actually an artistic interpretation of fantasy Batman.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
On one hand, I can understand why Mario Party 1 has never seen a digital release.

On the other hand, we have good Analog sticks now, Nintendo. The time is right.

On a third hand, Mario Party's Adventure Mode was the best thing about the series and I'm upset they never brought it back on console entries.

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
So my 3ds buttons are working again and I tried playing some for glory today. It was all going ok until a person I beat switched to Robin. It was then, that I realized that I'm out of practice and really bad at Robin dittos.

D

Deleted member

Ugh... I had a dream where I deleted all of my save data in Awakening. All 600 hours! It was horrible.:c
That's a nightmare...
And I know that feel.

HOLY NAGA! You can give Yoshi in Yoshi Wooly's World a Robin and Lucina skin! :crazy: :4robinm::4lucina:

GET HYPED! :estatic:
AND SHULK! O_O
I can't believe that he will be getting a skin!
When can we preorder this game?

So I found out that Mario Party money matches are a thing in Cincinnati and that they're trying to develop a Mario Party metagame for 2 and 3. At first I was laughing at this but when I played a game of 2 and witnessed a few things I was impressed by how much effort they took into it.

Apparently you can skill stop the dice block in Mario Party 2 to land on a 1 or 10. I never thought Mario Party could be taken so seriously or competitively.
Competitive... Mario Party?
Can I see a video of this?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Robin is one of the characters I most frequently play as, but it's always hard for me to make Nosferatu work.

Any advice?

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
So my 3ds buttons are working again and I tried playing some for glory today. It was all going ok until a person I beat switched to Robin. It was then, that I realized that I'm out of practice and really bad at Robin dittos.
Robin dittos are always super fun. Especially when the other player is playing the opposite sex. :awesome: Because every Robin player will attempt to use the exact move you just tried to pull; if you use Arcfire, you'll get Arcfired, if you use Thoron, you'll get Thoroned. And I have no idea why. But what makes it fun is that you can basically turn your opponent into a living puppet.

Hong

The Strongest
Robin is one of the characters I most frequently play as, but it's always hard for me to make Nosferatu work.

Any advice?
Read when they will Counter or shield without rolling, especially when you are coming down on them from above.

The best strength of the move is that it is a command grab. Unfortunately it is painfully slow.

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978

Any advice?
Try to trick your opponents into shielding your attacks. Similar to grabs you can try to do some empty hops towards your opponent to intimidate them into shield if they think you are attacking. Mixing up your options is key. Also reverse Nos FTW.

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Competitive... Mario Party?
Can I see a video of this?
I would if I could, but we didn't record anything. There wasn't anything too impressive anyway in the game that I played outside of someone getting wrecked in Chance Time in the last 3 turns.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP

Any advice?
In addition to what everyone already said, I found that the easiest way to land it is when your opponents is on a platform. The natural tendency to do when your opponent is platform pressuring you is to jump or shield. If they don't jump, and if you have conditioned them to block your pressure with nair, fair, utilt, uair, etc, that will give you opportunities for a short hop nosferatu, which has a more generous vertical hitbox than what one would expect.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The best idea for Nosferatu is to use it offstage so you fall to your death.

:awesome:

Hong

The Strongest
Best use of Nosferatu is to waste it whenever you have time to get another projectile to chuck at people.:4robinf:

Top Bottom