• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Ah, yes, thank you.

I can see why you guys thought she was another Libra. I think it is jus the way her face looks. Though I just notice that, judging by her character, either villager or soldiers or a similar class is returning

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
Oh and it's good to know I'm not the only one who sees the situation of Nohr and Hoshido as a throwback to Thracia. There is even a joke that Kamui is the second coming of Altena.

In fact, this game has a lot of shoutouts to the Jugdral saga.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
http://nintendoeverything.com/more-...om-famitsus-full-interview-with-the-dev-team/

Basically if you needed more evidence that Nohr is evil and whatnot.

And other miscellaneous details.
– In contrast, Nohr is subject to terrible weather conditions, leading to poor crop yields and a lack of law and order
– In order to expand Nohr’s influence, King Garon orders his children to invade Hoshido
Garon is literally FE Ganondorf.

Final Boss confirmed. Garon turns into a blue pig wielding either dual great swords, or a trident.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
This has nothing to do with the current topic of discussion or any of you guys, but...
I PASSED MY VECTORIAL CALCULUS CLASS
YES YES YES
original.gif

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Garon is literally FE Ganondorf.

Final Boss confirmed. Garon turns into a blue pig wielding either dual great swords, or a trident.
I already made that connection a long time ago. Seriously, his name is some what of a give away.

This has nothing to do with the current topic of discussion or any of you guys, but...
I PASSED MY VECTORIAL CALCULUS CLASS
YES YES YES
View attachment 53488
Good job Weeman. Congrats :)

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I did it! I finally caught the three Regis in Alpha Sapphire! I can finally sleep!

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Did that Mac really just die at 50, when he was all the way across the stage?
God Lucario is dumb in teams.

I'm testing this on 3DS right now. Even factoring the two stock deficit, Lucario's Dsmash is only hitting Mac for 15%, compared to the massive 30% in the video, and is nowhere close to killing Mac across stage.

Holy ****, what even happened here? Someone test this on the Wii U version.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

I'm testing this on 3DS right now. Even factoring the two stock deficit, Lucario's Dsmash is only hitting Mac for 15%, compared to the massive 30% in the video, and is nowhere close to killing Mac across stage.

Holy ****, I think the game was rigged. Someone test this on the Wii U version.
Lucario gets stronger the more damage he has. He was at 138%. So at that percentage he would do DOUBLE damage minimum.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I'm talking about @21:07. Lucario's at 67%, Mac eats a Dsmash, and he goes from 55 to 85%, and flies all the way across the stage.

That should not have happened. Especially at 67%

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I was told that stock deficit buffs was removed in 4.

And even if it wasn't, I still can't replicate it on the 3DS. Maybe the Wii U has more ludicrous scaling?

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Ugh... I had a dream where I deleted all of my save data in Awakening. All 600 hours! It was horrible.:c

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
Anyone wants a few matches?
I need the matchup experience & i thought this would be the best place to ask.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I wish Lucario didn't have an Aura mechanic. >.<
It's really annoying have to take damage in order to deal damage. I wish he was just a floaty kung fu Anubis...
Also...I wish his Brawl d-air still...

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Can we talk about armour some more?

Here is one of my favourite pieces:
That one's awesome.
For some reason (probably the tree on the shield) it reminded me of the LotR Living Card game, which has some fantastic artwork. Magali Villeneuve (who also does art for other cardgames) in particular has some of my favorites. And being LotR, it naturally also features some nice platemails.

Her Glorfindel is glorious.
Pun not intended.

And dat Boromir. Hmmmm...

Are you sure that's enough? Maybe you'll have to lie down on your stomach a bit to get low enough to worship her.:dazwa:
*Hug* No one will understand you like I do.
Yes.

Let's take a moment to appreciate her design:
Notice how the armour combined style and elegance without sacrificing practicality. For instance, the wolf-inspired pauldrons result in a grooved shape, which make it both look really classy, but also remarkably difficult for an opponent to grip.
Ah yes, Hilde. By far my favorite Soul Calibur character.

If it wasn't for Siegfried. Sorry practical armor, oversized swords win the day yet again.
On a sidenote, am I the only one who wasn't a big fan of him having long hair ever since Soul Calibur 2 after he got rid of Nightmare?
I know it makes sense and looks pretty dang snazzy in artwork, but boy does it look wonky ingame.
Classic design all the way!

Lacks the overdesigned armor, too.

It looks like we're getting a male valkyrie in the form of Joker. From what I read around, his class is called a strategist.
Neato. While I do try to avoid spoilers for IF wherever I can, getting some little bits and pieces like this doesn't hurt my hype at all.
Oh and it's good to know I'm not the only one who sees the situation of Nohr and Hoshido as a throwback to Thracia. There is even a joke that Kamui is the second coming of Altena.

In fact, this game has a lot of shoutouts to the Jugdral saga.
That will sadly all be lost on those like me that never played them.
Oh well. I'm sure they'll keep dropping references like that for the other games, too, if Awakening is anything to go by.
Two questions

1) what are armour pictures?

2) is it bad that I don't have any?
1) Pictures showcasing badass armor.
2) Not at all.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
HOLY NAGA! You can give Yoshi in Yoshi Wooly's World a Robin and Lucina skin! :crazy: :4robinm::4lucina:

GET HYPED! :estatic:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
That one's awesome.
For some reason (probably the tree on the shield) it reminded me of the LotR Living Card game, which has some fantastic artwork. Magali Villeneuve (who also does art for other cardgames) in particular has some of my favorites. And being LotR, it naturally also features some nice platemails.

Her Glorfindel is glorious.
Pun not intended.

And dat Boromir. Hmmmm...

Hot damm, those are some really impressive illustrations!

Some of my all time favorite illustrations are from Koei's art-books for Samurai Warriors 4 and Dynasty Warriors 8.
LARGE IMAGES AHOY!

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Have fun with the convoluted method of getting Regigigas.:troll:

Good, more reason to be bummed I can't get them.
Well, at least you can use the :4ness: and :4shulk:Amiibo's from what the trailer has shown. Over 40 Amiibo's will work for Yoshi's Wooly World. :3

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
So I found out that Mario Party money matches are a thing in Cincinnati and that they're trying to develop a Mario Party metagame for 2 and 3. At first I was laughing at this but when I played a game of 2 and witnessed a few things I was impressed by how much effort they took into it.

Apparently you can skill stop the dice block in Mario Party 2 to land on a 1 or 10. I never thought Mario Party could be taken so seriously or competitively.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I made a friend ragequit Mario Party forever when I used a Reverse Shroom in MP3 in the Ice map, to open a door with a Skeleton Key from the other side, so I can get to Boo and steal his Star. On the Last Turn.

Many lulz were had.

Last edited:

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So I found out that Mario Party money matches are a thing in Cincinnati and that they're trying to develop a Mario Party metagame for 2 and 3. At first I was laughing at this but when I played a game of 2 and witnessed a few things I was impressed by how much effort they took into it.

Apparently you can skill stop the dice block in Mario Party 2 to land on a 1 or 10. I never thought Mario Party could be taken so seriously or competitively.
Mario Party 2 & 3 were awesome. So no objections to that. :estatic:

:231:

Top Bottom