• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
Well my big tournament is tomorrow so you might not hear from me until later tomorrow night. They're doing pools on Saturday and the actual bracket on Sunday.

If you've got nothing to do over the weekend or might be wanting to cheer on Zareidriel or I, you should check out the (possible, but most likely) stream for Shuffle VII :estatic:

I'm gonna try my best to go solo :4robinm:and prove that Robin is a worthy foe to fight against.
Good luck Delta. I'm also competing in a tourney tomorrow and probably running solo :4robinf: since none of my secondaries are really competent yet. Let's fight the good fight! Good thing you and Zareidriel will probs make it past set 3 though 'cause I suuuuuuuuck. :emptysheep:

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
Well my big tournament is tomorrow so you might not hear from me until later tomorrow night. They're doing pools on Saturday and the actual bracket on Sunday.

If you've got nothing to do over the weekend or might be wanting to cheer on Zareidriel or I, you should check out the (possible, but most likely) stream for Shuffle VII :estatic:

I'm gonna try my best to go solo :4robinm:and prove that Robin is a worthy foe to fight against.
Best of luck in the tournament!

BindingShield

Smash Journeyman
NNID
M2TheC
Naga's breath....:scared:

Someone hasn't played Genealogy of the Holy war. Try it out, the barbecues in the game are fantastic.

Relating to that Tiki Thing mentioned three pages ago... I recruited her in 7. In my Draft run.
Anyways my draft run is just about over. (Relatively speaking) I threw my Mu into the meat grinder in Yen'fey's chapter and she hit level 13 dark flier. After Owain and Anna's paralogues I hit fifteen. Morgan is now based god. Reclassed to Merc, and he gains a level per kill due to veteran. Capped Strength, Skill and speed by the end of his paralogue. Whelp, GG game. Hero Morgan with boots and Galeforce, with Hero MU with Galeforce can destroy the game from here on.

Last edited:

Matsushi

True Blood
Petition to buff Meg if RD gets a remake.

IS pls.

Also I still have my copy of RD.

:shades:
I literally tried to level her up, but she would just always die???? whoops.

Anyway, I hope you're all having a spectacular day, lovelies! I've had a pretty long day, my mum's going on holiday tomorrow and we had to sort everything out. I'm gonna miss her so much, even though she's only leaving for a week.

D

Deleted member

I literally tried to level her up, but she would just always die???? whoops.

Anyway, I hope you're all having a spectacular day, lovelies! I've had a pretty long day, my mum's going on holiday tomorrow and we had to sort everything out. I'm gonna miss her so much, even though she's only leaving for a week.
They also introduce her as a recruit on literally the worst possible level for her.

I mean,

Why in the hell would you give the player a slow knight on a level filled with Laguz that will always attack twice (because SHE'S A KNIGHT AND SHE'S SLOW) and still do enough damage to take her out in a few turns when she's supposed to have DEFENSE AS A KNIGHT.

And she can't even damage half the tigers for SH*T.

Weird stats for a knight aside (High Resistance and Speed growth rates (50%, 65%) for a Knight (although Speed is nice, kind of, but not really necessary), and a 35% Defense growth rate, EXCUSE ME?), the devs basically cripple her being usable from the beginning by giving her during that level.

Last edited by a moderator:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I tried to use Meg once, just to see if she really was as bad as they say.

Meg's death quote said:
Ugh... I wanted to have... a wonderful wedding... Father... I wanted you to be... proud of me...
At least once, in every single Dawn Brigade chapter.

Never going through that again.

Last edited:

Matsushi

True Blood
They also introduce her as a recruit on literally the worst possible level for her.

I mean,

Why in the hell would you give the player a slow knight on a level filled with Laguz that will always attack twice (because SHE'S A KNIGHT AND SHE'S SLOW) and still do enough damage to take her out in a few turns when she's supposed to have DEFENSE AS A KNIGHT.

And she can't even damage half the tigers for SH*T.

Weird stats for a knight aside (High Resistance and Speed growth rates (50%, 65%) for a Knight (although Speed is nice, kind of, but not really necessary), and a 35% Defense growth rate, EXCUSE ME?), the devs basically cripple her being usable from the beginning by giving her during that level.
Exactly! She has no chance against the Laguz, so I always have no choice but to leave her behind, but there's always one sneaky Laguz that gets to her and kills her. They should at least introduce her towards the end of Part 1.

Some death quotes, like above, always make me feel incredibly guilty that I have to continue from my last battle save. But with Meg, I simply can't carry her without something unfortunate happening.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Meg, chokehold next to healing jar at southern area, Laura on standby, Bronze Sword.

Enjoy your free EXP.

If anyone's a pain in the ass to train, it's Fiona. Level 13 Lance Cavalier first playable in a map with restricted movement, with all stats below 10, with only Imbue as a skill. Wtf.

Ironically, Fiona's the party member most likely to cap ALL her stats at the endgame. But God does she have a rough start.

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
For the record, I don't agree with the Meg hate, but I just wanted to make the joke given how much people love using it.
Well I haven't watched much of Family Guy so I don't have much of an opinion on her anyways.

D

Deleted member

Am I the only one that thinks Family Guy isn't that good anymore?

Last edited by a moderator:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

Good luck Delta. I'm also competing in a tourney tomorrow and probably running solo :4robinf: since none of my secondaries are really competent yet. Let's fight the good fight! Good thing you and Zareidriel will probs make it past set 3 though 'cause I suuuuuuuuck. :emptysheep:
Good luck to the both of you! Bring em' to school and give them a crash course in Robin tech baby!

Neoleo21

Smash Apprentice
My first FE game was actually Sacred Stones, it was pretty cool and the character development is really great but I didn't like the endgame very much. Then I moved on to FE7 and played that, its a great game with a good story, probably my second favorite FE game. I played Binding Blade after that and I could not get into it very much, I think FE7 was much better executed. Moved on to FE2, and I found it pretty archaic, but pretty fun, definitely isn't a looker, and its why I'm pretty alright with the removal of weapon durability in exchange for weapon drawbacks and bonuses. Its been a while since FE really used a horizontal weapon system. I then played FE11 and 12, hated the former for being so confused on what it wanted to be and loved the latter for nailing its mechanics and map design and its modes and for having a good story, its probably my favorite FE game. Played FE4 and liked it, though getting some of the conversations is really annoying, probably not the best game for individual character development. Could not stand FE5, way too much annoying stuff to get through and no win situations that force complete resets, that you can't see coming. FE9 is excellent if a tad too easy and FE10 is great but too unfocused and is a big step down in the character department from FE9. FE13 is good, but its a bit too easy to break and has my favorite soundtrack. I'm pretty optimistic about FE14 though, with the horizontal weapon system, new map mechanics, massive content load and intriguing story so far as well as the new weapon triangle and weapon type.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
You guys have probably seen this scan, but I don't know if you noticed...

Camilla; "the protagonist's older sister"
NOOOOOOOOOO :sadeyes:
Well, that's Nohr and the protagonist is adopted into Nohr royalty... So, technically, it wouldn't even be imbred, it would just be a Severa type deal...

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
At the same time, since Hoshido royality is your blood family, you will likely not be able to marry any of them. Since both games tend to have parallels, that means you won't be able to marry Nohr royality as well, if you can't marry Hoshido royality.

I know past FE games did contain some incest like
Arvis and Deirdre in which Deirdre was brainwashed which makes things even worse
but most of the times it was held to a minimum, I believe.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
In all seriousness I'm loving the characters designs in this game. Leon looks rad as ****.
Black costume with blonde hair always looks good.
Proof:
YO IMMA MURDER DOOM

Break yo mask off

Crack open your glass jaw

Using a hacksaw

And my Edge when I blast off

Lift you off of the ground, you bounce, look at you know

Throwing a cruise missile at your chest, look at you

DOWN

disclaimer: explicit

Neoleo21

Smash Apprentice
At the same time, since Hoshido royality is your blood family, you will likely not be able to marry any of them. Since both games tend to have parallels, that means you won't be able to marry Nohr royality as well, if you can't marry Hoshido royality.

I know past FE games did contain some incest like
Arvis and Deirdre in which Deirdre was brainwashed which makes things even worse
but most of the times it was held to a minimum, I believe.
FE4 was a little nuts on the incest front.
One of the characters, Lachesis actually tried to persuade her cousin to bed her, only for him to realize how wrong it was and it was plainly obvious that she tried to have an affair with her brother. The pretty good FE4 manga depicts a great deal of incest as well, with Celice ending up with Julia though its a bit NSFW.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Actually, there's not why I judge the older FE games over Awakening. Sure, I have a bias towards Awakening for being my first FE game and what not, and sure, the vast character development was appreciated, but that's not why I find it difficult to play the older titles in the series. Awakening spoiled me as a player with the insane amount of options, beautiful presentation, musical score, character interactions, and the large amount of content. And for me, what I loved about Awakening wasn't just the vast character development, nor do I find the dating sim portion to be what was most compelling. It was the deep strategy, the deep, emotional connection with the characters who were expressive, interesting and full of life, in conjunction with the pairing system that made relationships between characters meaningful to me, the outstanding music, visuals, and endless replay ability, among other such variables. All of these pieces we're mixed together with such mastery that it ultimately spoiled me as a player. I've tried to play FE7, and while it still can hold it's own, I find myself having a difficult time getting invested into everything the game has to offer and I feel a large part of that is because Awakening was the culmination of the best of FE mixed together.

But that's not to say that I think the older FE games are bad or terrible by any means. Many of older FE games do things better than Awakening, such as map and objective variety, better stories and perhaps are more strategic than Awakening. They are amazing games in their own right and are loved by many fans of the series for bloody reasons too. However, because of how spoiled I was through Awakening, it's been difficult for me to properly play through the older FE games without feeling kinda "meh" about it unfortunately. As I've said before in the past, I suspect that if I were to start with either FE7-9, I'd probably have a different perspective and outlook on Awakening and the older games as a whole, but alas, I started with Awakening. And honestly, I don't regret that I started with Awakening either. ^w^
The vast character development and lovable characters is encompassed by the term 'dating sim,' or at least I meant it to. I suppose I should have been a bit more specific there... :p

Am I the only one that thinks Family Guy isn't that good anymore?
Hell no.

FE4 was a little nuts on the incest front.
One of the characters, Lachesis actually tried to persuade her cousin to bed her, only for him to realize how wrong it was and it was plainly obvious that she tried to have an affair with her brother. The pretty good FE4 manga depicts a great deal of incest as well, with Celice ending up with Julia though its a bit NSFW.
I hope incest returns to a prominent roll in FE If.
Just look at all these waifus... (and husbandos)

Neoleo21

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone know who does the CGI cutscenes for FE: A and If since I don't think IS does them in house. Because if there's one thing I can say, these CGI scenes are probably the best 3D representation an of anime art style ever (GGXrd comes second though). I think they're also doing SMT X FE as well, because the last clip in the trailer looked slightly different from the other scenes and it turned out to be CGI which looked almost exactly like the scenes before it.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory

I think it was the only character I didn't care that died on my first playthrough of RD, what's the best you can say about her? That she might be a living shield for other units for like 2 turns? Pass.
In all seriousness I'm loving the characters designs in this game. Leon looks rad as ****.
Black costume with blonde hair always looks good.
Proof:
[collapse=mortals are weak]
YOU ARE NOTHING TO ME

[/collapse]

Top Bottom