• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Hong

The Strongest
Nothin' rude about it, I'm glad you asked. :3

I am neither. I am androgynous.

My physical sex is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned, ergo I will not disclose it.

For all intents and purposes, though, I'm both and neither at the same time~ ;3
Depending on which spectrum of androgyny one is on, the best answer to the "Are you a girl or a boy?" is either "Yes." or "No.":estatic:

I for one prefer "Sure.".:039:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
inb4 the flood of priam debunk posts

I didn't hope to imply I thought you were homophobic or anything like that. Don't worry; I respect you way more than that to draw a silly conclusion based off a light jab. Just found it strange, since I see you in the DR so often and you had not made that note on anyone back there, despite the fact that straight, binary, cisgender people are a minority in the DR.
The only reason that would work is if the outrelam gate could open portals to other universes.
If not, he could be a descendant of anyone :p

Also, yeah I picked up on that a while ago actually.
And don't worry, I never thought the post implied I was homophobic at all. In the first post when you said "being in the Smash community must be kind of disorienting for you considering how much of us are around.", I read that as being uncomfortable around people who aren't heterosexual....

Cause I'm weird like that lel :seuss:

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
Nothin' rude about it, I'm glad you asked. :3

I am neither. I am androgynous.

My physical sex is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned, ergo I will not disclose it.

For all intents and purposes, though, I'm both and neither at the same time~ ;3

Seems backwards that Russia has more freedoms for gay people than the US.
Yeah, Obama urging Putin to create more rights for gays is really funny in my eyes.:smirk:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
On a similar topic...

Is it a bad thing that I was born and raised in the US, and still live in it, but have pretty much no faith or respect in it at all?
I'm not, like, bitter towards the world, either.

EDIT: I suppose that question is better posed for the general Social Thread, but I feel like the people here are more equipped to answer this question.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Yeah, Obama urging Putin to create more rights for gays is really funny in my eyes.:smirk:
Speaking of Russian LGBT stuff, some of my favourite stories come from over there.

Like this one.

Bride class confirmed available to all genders in Russia before Fire Emblem. Come on, IS! Get with the game!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Wouldn't be happier for such news... all love is love, no matter what prejudice you try to force it be painted like.

It's amazing how awareness has risen to make people take such actions to make these a reality.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I could say the same about Ireland
The result of this vote, depending on how much it passes by, might restore some of my faith in this country, but as for the specific part in which I live... :/
Yeah I guess everyone gets fed up with their own country.
But still. News like this just makes me want to go outside and say, "what's your excuse, US!?"

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
On a similar topic...

Is it a bad thing that I was born and raised in the US, and still live in it, but have pretty much no faith or respect in it at all?
Not at all. It takes a great deal of awareness and/or wisdom to criticize either oneself or something that is dear to you. It leads to improvements something every country and person is in need of. Though usually a country only improves if the leader in charge is like that or the people realize it themselves.

Compare to FE If, where you are probably in the same situation.

Speaking of Russian LGBT stuff, some of my favourite stories come from over there.

Like this one.

Bride class confirmed available to all genders in Russia before Fire Emblem. Come on, IS! Get with the game!
Yeah I have read that article some time ago, heh.

But how can we mention Russia and FE without mentioning Gregor. "Gregor joinin those two, yes?"

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I have this habit of "hearing" posts according to a user's avatar.

Or if I don't know the character, their location and I find the closest vocal match in my head. :seuss:
I worry about what voice you hear from my posts

Hong

The Strongest
Yeah I guess everyone gets fed up with their own country.
But still. News like this just makes me want to go outside and say, "what's your excuse, US!?"
Legislation decided by an office where the majority are senior white straight-identifying men
Majority of the most powerful anti-gay supporters having documented instances of same-sex interactions
Church still having at all any relation to state.

Oh what could possibly go wrong. :122:
Hey since this is pretty much a general FE thread...
Anybody have gay Supports?
Besides :4myfriends:
Where do I even begin.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I know people are getting tired of St. Garon jokes, but if it makes you feel better Kotor Kotor , i tought that last post about the arm wrestling match was gold.
Now if only we could get gay marriage in Fire Emblem...~

:4myfriends:
Then Ike X Soren could become a reality... :4myfriends:

5502312304_9ac57d8326_b.jpg

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Before anyone asks, I completely and utterly ship male Robin and Chrom.
Much more romantic, meaningful, and less insulting support conversations.
What the heck, how does one even get themselves to look like that? :crazy:
Some of us are born intersex. Depending on the case, you can end up with people with greatly reduced sexual dimorphism.

Also, worth checking this out:
Proof that a significant aspect of what is considered "feminine" is not actually inherent of women, depending on the individual.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
It's a special case(character doesn't speak but poster is male), so I just go with Microsoft Mike.

Sue me. :cheep:

I imagine you in Morrigan's voice from MVC3.
So youread hirs posts as soul-soul fist, soul-soul fist?

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Ahh, it's that time of the day again~

Missed you, @NonSpecificHokori ~ ;3

Incidentally, most people use "she" when referring to me.

It's okay with me. :3

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
On a similar topic...

EDIT: I suppose that question is better posed for the general Social Thread, but I feel like the people here are more equipped to answer this question.
There are countries with far worse goverment than tbe U.S.
Right LIQUID12A LIQUID12A ? And it's not like you should judge a country based only in their rulers. Think about the people, landmarks, sports, food, etc... and feel proud you can be part of all that.
Now if your question wasn't goverment related, well i think that is going to be more of a personal issue then, since i'm no American myself.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
There are countries with far worse goverment than tbe U.S.
Right @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A ? And it's not like you should judge a coubtry based only in their rulers. Think about the people, landmarks, sports and feel proud you can be part of all that.
Now if your question wasn't government related, well i think that is going to be more of a personal issue then, since i'm no American myself.
I know there's countries with far worse governments than the US...but there's also countries with far better ones. So it's really irritating that the US is so proud of itself sometimes.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Ahh, it's that time of the day again~

Missed you, @NonSpecificHokori ~ ;3

Incidentally, most people use "she" when referring to me.

It's okay with me. :3
Ah okay, it was kinda difficult whether to refer to you as a guy or a girl. Didn't want to be rude.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
I know there's countries with far worse governments than the US...but there's also countries with far better ones. So it's really irritating that the US is so proud of itself sometimes.
Country of the free! :017:

Unless you're *obscene list of exceptions*

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
I ship M!Robin and Chrom, their relationship is borderline romantic in the game already. They just do not straight out say it.
When you live in a country you get to know the worst parts of it.

Hong

The Strongest
Ah okay, it was kinda difficult whether to refer to you as a guy or a girl. Didn't want to be rude.
Even though I myself don't care (just so happens people offline and online often prefer female pronouns for me), I always appreciate people who would ask. Not for my sake, but knowing that there are people in this world who care.

It's always best that you ask which pronouns people prefer. To some people it means a lot.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Also happy birthday Hong Hong whenever that was :4kirby:
I suppose it could have been moths since that happened, but only now i'm noticing you turned 27 so regardless:

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Even though I myself don't care (just so happens people offline and online often prefer female pronouns for me), I always appreciate people who would ask. Not for my sake, but knowing that there are people in this world who care.

It's always best that you ask which pronouns people prefer. To some people it means a lot.
Which is why I always choose my words carefully around people.
Guess that's why I'm seem so... quiet around others.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Now if only we could get gay marriage in Fire Emblem...~

:4myfriends:
You mean Soren isn't a girl? :troll:

Oh man, the LGBT movement. It's still a crime here, and the law was introduced in 1861. I don't even know why it still exists.

:231:

Hong

The Strongest
Which is why I always choose my words carefully around people.
Guess that's why I'm seem so... quiet around others.
*hug*

You're alright.
Oh man, the LGBT movement. It's still a crime here, and the law was introduced in 1861. I don't even know why it still exists.

:231:
But whenever there is a pride movement in India, they have the most epic photos somehow.

I mean, hijra are legally recognized over there, right? That's awesome and leaps and bounds beyond a lot of places.

Top Bottom