• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

D

Deleted member

I wish that the Awakening Fans actually play the other games and don't only their waifu simulator.
:kirby:

*Rekka no Ken on VC f*cking INTESIFIES*

Everybody go play it now if you haven't kthx. ~</3

Hong

The Strongest
I wish that the Awakening Fans actually play the other games and don't only their waifu simulator.

I want a Roy Amiibo :happysheep:
I always find it interesting that those who have gone back and played earlier titles find Awakening to be better than FE9 or any of the GBA games barring perhaps Binding Blade. Not that I think Awakening is bad, but I much prefer earlier entries.

Still wish Nintendo would throw Path of Radiance onto the 3DS since it's barely more resource-intensive than an N64 game.

Last edited:

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
Still wish Nintendo would throw Path of Radiance onto the 3DS since it's barely more resource-intensive than an N64 game.
Yeah, Nintendo doesn't even make PoR or RD anymore and it's a real pain trying to find those games. If they would remake either of those two for the 3ds I would immediately buy it but *sigh they certainly won't remake games that aren't as popular as Ocarina of Time I guess.

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I always find it interesting that those who have gone back and played earlier titles find Awakening to be better than FE9 or any of the GBA games barring perhaps Binding Blade. Not that I think Awakening is bad, but I much prefer earlier entries.

I actually think PoR and RD could really profit from being properly remade. For one both games are severely lacking in availability (I can count myself lucky that I have both, though they aren't quite the rarest games in my collection).
Some ideas:
- Make the battle animations less awkward and stiff. Preferably as awesome as the GBA games.
- Give us all the small nice fluffy stuff from Awakening like fast forward/skip battle scenes/enemy phase on button press (dang do I love those for how much it can speed stuff up).
- Give options for more than one Support and rework RD support dialogue to not be generic mush.
- 'Casual' mode!
- Fix Biorythm into something that's actually neat to play around or get rid of it entirely.
- Buff Ike
- Rebalance RD unless the Dawn Bregade having three useful out of twenty members was by design.
- Create Soren Amiibo
- Make Robin, Marth and Lucina (and other characters) available via Amiibo

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Yeah, Nintendo doesn't even make PoR or RD anymore and it's a real pain trying to find those games. If they would remake either of those two for the 3ds I would immediately buy it but *sigh they certainly won't remake games that aren't as popular as Ocarina of Time I guess.
Maybe by the time the Nintendo 4DS comes out they'll consider making remakes other than Legend of Zelda.

Hong

The Strongest
- Buff Ike
a buffed Ike in PoR sounds absolutely terrifying.
Grand Pr Radiant Vanguard Legend Ike DLC for PoR:
  • Now has S rank in axes, bows, lances, staves and all tomes.
  • Mag and Res growth quadrupled; now you get like a whole 8 Mag at max level Kappa
  • Customizable tit guard
  • Additional spaulder for improved balance symmetry
Pre-order now for pants with +20% Speed growth and Maid Soren costume DLC.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
  • Mag and Res growth quadrupled; now you get like a whole 8 Mag at max level Kappa
  • Customizable tit guard
I'm afraid the Maid Soren costume DLC is actually only available if you have the Ike amiibo. Still worth it.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
a buffed Ike in PoR sounds absolutely terrifying.
Exactly. He's actually broken to hell and back as is, might as well embrace it.

Sakurai in Smash Fifthstycuffs:
"We thought about giving Ike Ragnell's quintouple AoE windslash ability from the PoR and RD remakes, but decided it would be too broken and went for the single one from the original. Aethir will still heal Ike for 50% and instantly shield break any enemy hit though to make up for that hard hit to his playability."

Last edited:

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276

Most of the older fans tend to look at the story/gameplay when they judge FE games, because that's usually what got them hooked on the series. Most newer fans (fans who got into the series via Awakening) look at the vast character development (even for useless/meaningless characters) when they judge the older FE games, because the dating sim portion is what got them hooked on the series.

Hence why new fans will always cling to Awakening, and why older fans generally won't say it's their favorite.

Personally, I think Awakening's story had much potential, but it seems like it just sorta flopped. The epic finale sorta made up for it though. Sorta. I still believe that PoR and RD had the best stories, the former of which has the best story IMO, but they certainly aren't my favorites. The reason is simple: the tactics (especially the reclassing) in those games are terribly overcomplicated, at least by my experience. It is possible for a Fire Emblem game to be too overdone in terms of complexity. Those games are proof.

Personally, I think Rekka no Ken hits the perfect balance between story and gameplay, at least as far as international releases go. You have all kinds of strategic doohickeys, such as the ballista, weapon weight, FREAKING LAND MINES, and goals other than 'route the enemy' or 'defeat commander.' And you don't have the overcomplicated reclassing of RD. But it's not my favorite.

Awakening is currently my fav. Not because it was my first FE game, and not because of the dating sim (even if it is super addicting...). It's my favorite because :4robinm:.

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
Better yet, make ways to give Ike Eclipse:troll:

Maybe by the time the Nintendo 4DS comes out they'll consider making remakes other than Legend of Zelda.
Oh man a DS with 4 dimensional graphics(yeshh)?

Also Nintendo has already remaked several games other than Zelda, notably Pokemon. Still they will usually remake only popular series which FE is not yet part of.

• Customizable tit guard
I would prefer it if Soren could reclass into a bride:troll:.

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
If it weren't for Wind Waker, Twilight Princess would be my favorite Zelda, which is weird because I think it's the best Zelda. I've no love for Ocarina of Time and its plain world, and while I did like Majora's Mask, the dungeon designs killed any more love I would've developed for that game. Sure it had a somewhat barren world, but its fantastic cast of characters (especially Midna ♥), incredible (and not frustrating) dungeon design, grandiose boss battles, and atmosphere wholly makes up for it.
Plus it has the best design for the bearer of the Triforce of Wisdom! :4zelda:
Congrats to all tacticians in here, Fire Emblem Awakening has sold nearly 2 million!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1050018
Amazing! And to think it was planned to be the last entry! It really deserves it~! ♥ Awakening may not be the best FE in my eyes, but it reignited my passion for the series, which is why it's up there as one of my favorite games ever.
Here's to continued success for the series! :4robinf:

On a related topic, just for clarification, am I the only one here who likes Maribelle?
If it weren't for Lucina, she'd be my favorite Awakening lady. :sheep:
And I would LOVE a remake of PoR/RD. Pls IS :emptysheep:

D

Deleted member

Petition to buff Meg if RD gets a remake.

IS pls.

Also I still have my copy of RD.

:shades:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
mfw Xenoblade Chronicles is more emotionally-charged than most novels I've read

Shulk and Dunban's confrontation after defeating Mumkhar in Sword Valley.

Oh my god.
And this is another reason I am utterly in love with this game.
That scene among others is also one of the reasons it bugs me when people insist that Shulk never grows as a character. This is the same guy that had to be held back from trying to kill Mumkhar earlier in the story.

Not to mention the tragedy of poor Dunban seeing one of his war buddies turn on him like that and clearly being precise in his vengeance and specifically targeting things Dunban cares about.
I know, right? Enough for me to nag some of the people I know in the game industry to play the damned game, for story among other great things it did well. Of course it has its shortcomings like the quest system's lack of navigability, but that aside. Great game and great learning experience for any game developer.
The game isn't perfect, but what it does well, it does WELL. I'd argue it might be my favorite game now. I'm planning on a 100% run too.

As I've avoided spoilers/most impressions for X, I'm curious to see if they take it even further and buff out the flaws.
It also teaches us what I believe is a very, very important moral lesson that renews my faith in vidya narrative:

Revenge is a silly, dangerous thing that will make you even more miserable, and there's more to life than "an eye for an eye" vengeance ethics.
And this is why it bugs me when I see people say Xenoblade is a typical revenge quest story. How far did they make it in? That scene alone proves otherwise. Yeah, Mumkhar had it coming to him, but killing him wouldn't have helped much. It wouldn't bring Fiora back (well, by that point, she's not dead after all, but still) and it wouldn't have undone all the damage.

I want a Roy Amiibo :happysheep:
Tell NoA to make them more available.:4diddy: I want to but I also have college to pay for and I want to avoid piracy. I did play FE7, but I have to start over on it due to technical complications with my phone. I still prefer Awakening, but there were things I liked more about 7 as well, mainly the larger variety in objectives.
:kirby:

*Rekka no Ken on VC f*cking INTESIFIES*

Everybody go play it now if you haven't kthx. ~</3
I'll go get the legit version eventually so I can actually beat it and not lean on Markus until it's too late.

PoR is pretty much at the top of my want to play list for FE, but I don't want to spend so much money on a Gamecube game.:cry:
Most of the older fans tend to look at the story/gameplay when they judge FE games, because that's usually what got them hooked on the series. Most newer fans (fans who got into the series via Awakening) look at the vast character development (even for useless/meaningless characters) when they judge the older FE games, because the dating sim portion is what got them hooked on the series.

Hence why new fans will always cling to Awakening, and why older fans generally won't say it's their favorite.

Personally, I think Awakening's story had much potential, but it seems like it just sorta flopped. The epic finale sorta made up for it though. Sorta. I still believe that PoR and RD had the best stories, the former of which has the best story IMO, but they certainly aren't my favorites. The reason is simple: the tactics (especially the reclassing) in those games are terribly overcomplicated, at least by my experience. It is possible for a Fire Emblem game to be too overdone in terms of complexity. Those games are proof.

Personally, I think Rekka no Ken hits the perfect balance between story and gameplay, at least as far as international releases go. You have all kinds of strategic doohickeys, such as the ballista, weapon weight, FREAKING LAND MINES, and goals other than 'route the enemy' or 'defeat commander.' And you don't have the overcomplicated reclassing of RD. But it's not my favorite.

Awakening is currently my fav. Not because it was my first FE game, and not because of the dating sim (even if it is super addicting...). It's my favorite because :4robinm:.
For me, it's not the dating sim stuff and I'm tired of people assuming all people who like Awakening are just there for that, but the sheer variety of stuff to do. All the different classes, the DLC options, the many supports that give you insight into characters and encourage replayability... I agree that FE7's story as far as I got was superior, and it took more strategy to play, but the rest just makes me prefer Awakening. I'm hoping If (especially Nohr, it seems) combines the best of both worlds.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist

Actually, there's not why I judge the older FE games over Awakening. Sure, I have a bias towards Awakening for being my first FE game and what not, and sure, the vast character development was appreciated, but that's not why I find it difficult to play the older titles in the series. Awakening spoiled me as a player with the insane amount of options, beautiful presentation, musical score, character interactions, and the large amount of content. And for me, what I loved about Awakening wasn't just the vast character development, nor do I find the dating sim portion to be what was most compelling. It was the deep strategy, the deep, emotional connection with the characters who were expressive, interesting and full of life, in conjunction with the pairing system that made relationships between characters meaningful to me, the outstanding music, visuals, and endless replay ability, among other such variables. All of these pieces we're mixed together with such mastery that it ultimately spoiled me as a player. I've tried to play FE7, and while it still can hold it's own, I find myself having a difficult time getting invested into everything the game has to offer and I feel a large part of that is because Awakening was the culmination of the best of FE mixed together.

But that's not to say that I think the older FE games are bad or terrible by any means. Many of older FE games do things better than Awakening, such as map and objective variety, better stories and perhaps are more strategic than Awakening. They are amazing games in their own right and are loved by many fans of the series for bloody reasons too. However, because of how spoiled I was through Awakening, it's been difficult for me to properly play through the older FE games without feeling kinda "meh" about it unfortunately. As I've said before in the past, I suspect that if I were to start with either FE7-9, I'd probably have a different perspective and outlook on Awakening and the older games as a whole, but alas, I started with Awakening. And honestly, I don't regret that I started with Awakening either. ^w^

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory

IS pls.

A lot of units in RD need buffing...I feel most mages were severely screwed with that terrible speed cap limit, laguz that aren't royals also need buffing when they aren't transformed given how fragile they are. Keep dracoknights OP though.

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
If it weren't for Wind Waker, Twilight Princess would be my favorite Zelda, which is weird because I think it's the best Zelda. I've no love for Ocarina of Time and its plain world, and while I did like Majora's Mask, the dungeon designs killed any more love I would've developed for that game. Sure it had a somewhat barren world, but its fantastic cast of characters (especially Midna ♥), incredible (and not frustrating) dungeon design, grandiose boss battles, and atmosphere wholly makes up for it.
Plus it has the best design for the bearer of the Triforce of Wisdom! :4zelda:
I will be honest here. I am pretty biased against TP. The reason is kinda petty but it just bothers me so much.
They didn't represent Ganon in a fair way. I don't mind other bosses being easy but the Ganon canon shouldn't have been this lackluster. I mean this is a guy who has so much power that he can be mistaken for a god, flattens a castle, breaks free from heavy chains and kills a holy being with a punch.... And he only does half a heart damage...not to mention you can finish the last fight incredibly fast with the sword lock.

My favourite Zeldas are Wind Waker for it lovely, colorful world, full of exploration and Majora for it's deepness.

IS pls.

Isn't she already buff enough?:bluejump:

I am so sorry....

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Tellius "What-If" DLC campaigns.

Ashnard is replaced by Meg.

Volke is a Heron and charges four-hundred-thousand gold per twelve seconds of singing his galdr.

Greil hits Ike in the back so hard in the opening cinematic that he is rendered paraplegic for life. The main character is now Mist as the sole heir of the Gawain sword art.

D

Deleted member

Tellius "What-If" DLC campaigns.

Ashnard is replaced by Meg.

Volke is a Heron and charges four-hundred-thousand gold per twelve seconds of singing his galdr.

Greil hits Ike in the back so hard in the opening cinematic that he is rendered paraplegic for life. The main character is now Mist as the sole heir of the Gawain sword art.
Oliver becomes the savior of the Laguz, loved by all.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I've been playing Fire Emblem since FE7, and have played almost every game in the series since then, and Awakening is still my favourite. My favourite in terms of plot was FE4, but Awakening wins in most other areas for me.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Well my big tournament is tomorrow so you might not hear from me until later tomorrow night. They're doing pools on Saturday and the actual bracket on Sunday.

If you've got nothing to do over the weekend or might be wanting to cheer on Zareidriel or I, you should check out the (possible, but most likely) stream for Shuffle VII :estatic:

I'm gonna try my best to go solo :4robinm:and prove that Robin is a worthy foe to fight against.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Well my big tournament is tomorrow so you might not hear from me until later tomorrow night. They're doing pools on Saturday and the actual bracket on Sunday.

If you've got nothing to do over the weekend or might be wanting to cheer on Zareidriel or I, you should check out the (possible, but most likely) stream for Shuffle VII :estatic:

I'm gonna try my best to go solo :4robinm:and prove that Robin is a worthy foe to fight against.
May Naga bless you this weekend, Delta. Tip dem mother fudging scales! For honour! For Glory! For my father! :4lucina:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey look it's actually on campus.

(If that map is right).

I could go over and visit you at the tournament if I wanted.

:awesome:

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993

Good luck, have fun, and tip those scales!

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form

Good luck, Delta! Make us Tacticians proud!

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!

Do you see anything about Elise that seems off?

Last edited:
Top Bottom