• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Even if I don't personally support the idea for more Fire Emblem characters, I think that Tiki is the next logical choice.

The dev team could do some really unique things with the transformation concept.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I thought you might try that, so I had a good friend of mine (:4wario2:) "acquire" your Ocarina.
Well good thing I have a friend who knows a thing or two about time travel

Unfortunately for you, with the power of science, we revived St. Garon. :p
Oh come one!

*plans for the assignation St.Garon*

TOGETHER WE RIDE! CODENAME S.T.E.A.M. STYLE!:4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina:

That is pretty freaking awesome :D.

Uh, why do they have purple buttons on their backs?

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
That is pretty freaking awesome :D.

Uh, why do they have purple buttons on their backs?
It's they're steam tanks or packs if you will. After all, all the other characters in the game run on steam tanks/packs as well to traverse the battlefield, so they follow suit. It just brings the lore of Codename S.T.E.A.M. and FE together. :)

Last edited:

BindingShield

Smash Journeyman
NNID
M2TheC
Have some Translated quotes though I didn't translate them.

Sakura: "The citizens of this kingdom are all good people."
Hinoka: "Even if the situation is unfavourable, as Hoshido's princess, I'll show you how I can fight until the bitter end."
Takumi: "I'm arrogant...? That's because I don't trust either of the two of you."
Ryouma: "As your brother, I'm proud of you all. As long as you're here, nothing can scare me."

Camilla: "It's alright. As for everyone who dared to bother you, I'll kill them all."
Marx: "Your power shouldn't be used as something like this. Stand, gripping your sword, as a soldier of Nohr."
Leon: "Honestly... Your swordsmanship doesn't determine the entirety of your strength, brothers."
Elise: "I'll do my best with you, too. If I do, surely father will forgive us."
Aqua: "I am Aqua. I'm Nohr Kingdom's princess... or was, rather."
Hinoka, honestly, sounds really foolish in her quote. Not everyone in a nation will be kind. If this is juxtaposed with a Nohr suck quote, I will be mildly interested. Takumi sounds a bit like a prick. Ryouma sounds like an okay bro, but in the end, he's still lobster lord.

Um...
Marx sound really cool in his quote. Be strong! Leon sounds decent, not the best, but far more supportive than Takumi. Camila... um...
Elise sounds flipping adorable. That is all.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
It's they're steam tanks or packs if you will. After all, all the other characters in the game run on steam tanks/packs as well to traverse the battlefield, so they follow suit. It just brings the lore of Codename S.T.E.A.M. and FE together. :)
Well that's silly. Robin's Levin Sword runs on magic, not steam.

Troykv

Smash Master
Between notifications failing and my brother's graduation, I seem to have missed a bunch here. :estatic:

Heck yeah Micaiah gets my #1 vote! I wouldn't mind seeing most of the other suggestions, but I would really like to see a translation of a pure magic user in Smash Bros. Kamui would be rad, but I think I'd rather wait for the games to come out before I consider requesting him.

Also, @ Chapter Serf Chapter Serf I reached LV. 50 WHM yesterday, and I feel like this:

Yay!!! :happysheep:

Yeah... I think that the ballot should focus in Characters that don't are too big new.

D

Deleted member

My top pick for a new Fire Emblem character in Smash?
I would have to say it would be Lyn and / or Kamui.
Lyn because she represents the GBA Fire Emblem games (in fact, the first Fire Emblem game in the US) and she would have a nice katana-moveset. At least I can play as her in Project M (maybe even have her be one of my mains if she's good).
While I am not a fan of the idea of characters appearing in Smash before their debut, I think Kamui would be my exception because I think they would have some sort of unique gameplay style and I do like their design.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Between notifications failing and my brother's graduation, I seem to have missed a bunch here. :estatic:

Heck yeah Micaiah gets my #1 vote! I wouldn't mind seeing most of the other suggestions, but I would really like to see a translation of a pure magic user in Smash Bros. Kamui would be rad, but I think I'd rather wait for the games to come out before I consider requesting him.

Also, @ Chapter Serf Chapter Serf I reached LV. 50 WHM yesterday, and I feel like this:

Good on you!

You've got plenty of time, if you buckle down, to knock out the rest of the main story before 3.0 hits in June (and you've got a lot!).

And you've even got Thamaturge and Arcanist at 26 and 34 respectively!

GOOD ON YOU!

Hard Mode Primals are stupid easy these days. Just jump into the Duty Finder and you'll have 'em down in no time. So many people doing Relic weapons still it's not funny.

As for notifications failing (@Elezir) if you don't post in a topic for a day or so, notifications stop popping.

As for a new FE character I want in Smash4 (@ Troykv Troykv )?

Ask me in a year.

And now for something entirely random and related to absolutely nothing in this topic, or currently going on in this topic:

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I just figured the FE characters in STEAM were robots, and the purple pulsating orbs on their backs were their power cores. :V

There are open cracks featured on their skin and clothes. Robots were just he logical conclusion to me.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I just figured the FE characters in STEAM were robots, and the purple pulsating orbs on their backs were their power cores. :V

There are open cracks featured on their skin and clothes. Robots were just he logical conclusion to me.
Nah, it's just the art style. :p

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I must admit, I'm actually very fond of Codename: S.T.E.A.M.'s art style. I wasn't a fan at first, it felt too much like a weird pastiche of antique American comic books, and then I realised that...yeah, that's exactly what it is. And it has a weird sort of archaic charm about it that I love.

It's also totally distinct from Fire Emblem and Advance Wars, so it doesn't feel at all like an extension or recreation of those IPs. It's very much its own thing.

Shame it probably won't ever see a sequel. I think it was just a fun experiment on IS's part - no more, no less.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I must admit, I'm actually very fond of Codename: S.T.E.A.M.'s art style. I wasn't a fan at first, it felt too much like a weird pastiche of antique American comic books, and then I realised that...yeah, that's exactly what it is. And it has a weird sort of archaic charm about it that I love.

It's also totally distinct from Fire Emblem and Advance Wars, so it doesn't feel at all like an extension or recreation of those IPs. It's very much its own thing.

Shame it probably won't ever see a sequel. I think it was just a fun experiment on IS's part - no more, no less.
As always, Wintropy, you know how to eloquently express my feelings for a certain subject or game. :happysheep:

Although, initially, I was already very fond of the art style for the game. :p However, we generally see eye to eye when it comes to our tastes in video games and the components that make them what they are.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Now that I'm getting a Robin amiibo I could get Codename Steam but I don't have a 'new' 3DS XL or an amiibo adapter. D:

D

Deleted member

Kamui's too new IMO.

Robin works because he is representative of the entire tactician idea which has been around for a while, but Kamui isn't really that.

Just give him/her some time to be out in the world, their game isn't even out yet.

And inb4 "But Lucina!!!!111!":

Lucina isn't her own unique character in Smash, I don't need to say anything else on that because :4marth:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form

BLESS THIS POST.

On the previous topic- if we could have another FE character, my choice would either be Tiki or either Ephraim or Hector.

Tiki because the Manakete aspect could be unique and she's a reoccurring character and a bridge between classic FE and the Awakening generation, and Ephraim or Hector because they'd represent the GBA games but still possibly have a unique feel (Ephraim with his lance or Hector with his axe).

EDIT: I forgot- Kamui would be interesting, but s/he's not even out yet, so I think it's too soon to ask for him/her.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Or does it......

Have some Translated quotes though I didn't translate them.

Sakura: "The citizens of this kingdom are all good people."
Hinoka: "Even if the situation is unfavourable, as Hoshido's princess, I'll show you how I can fight until the bitter end."
Takumi: "I'm arrogant...? That's because I don't trust either of the two of you."
Ryouma: "As your brother, I'm proud of you all. As long as you're here, nothing can scare me."

Camilla: "It's alright. As for everyone who dared to bother you, I'll kill them all."
Marx: "Your power shouldn't be used as something like this. Stand, gripping your sword, as a soldier of Nohr."
Leon: "Honestly... Your swordsmanship doesn't determine the entirety of your strength, brothers."
Elise: "I'll do my best with you, too. If I do, surely father will forgive us."
Aqua: "I am Aqua. I'm Nohr Kingdom's princess... or was, rather."
Dang, Camilla sounds like a BAMF. I think Leon's quote is really cool as well. It seems like he's saying he thinks of Kamui as more than just a warrior or weapon.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY love you guys.
And no i'm not drunk :4falcon:

maybe...

Last edited:

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
If I were to pick any character from FE to get into Smash, it certainly wouldn't be Anna.

*braces for tomatoes*

And it probably wouldn't be Tiki either.

*once again braces for tomatoes*

I thought Micaiah would be a cool/interesting addition to the roster for a time, but no matter how much I love her, I don't think she's really relevant at this point. I don't consider it a possibility any longer.

*yet again braces for tomatoes*

But the underlying reasoning behind all of these is the fact that I think
we have too many female characters on the roster.
*braces for grenades*

Not only do I think Kamui is more likely than any of the above to get into Smash, but I also think he/she would be much more fun to play as than any of them.

That having been said, I'm actually quite content with the representation FE has in Smash. If I thought Lyn could be very different from any other pure sword wielder, than I would want her as well. But even with the different fighting style from the other sword wielders the Mani Katti (or Sol Katti) could provide, being in essence a katana, I don't think that really makes her exempt from the fact that she's just a sword wielder. Plus, GBA FE, as well as the Elibe saga, has already had representation with the inclusion of Roy in Melee.

Even though I loved Roy, both in FE and in Melee, (the latter of which I played long before playing any FE game,) I'm not very happy to see him returning. I think we have enough FE in Smash for the time being. And not to mention, he's a Goddamn Marth clone.

Excluding Roy, (and one other little nitpick :4lucina:,) I think FE has all the representation it needs in Smash. I would be satisfied if the characters we have now would be the only ones we ever have in any Smash game until the end of time.

Last edited:

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
The next FE character I would want for the next Smash is either a non Clone Lucina or Anna.

Uh, what?

Are you actually drunk?
Lucina doesn't make sense as anything except a Marth clone. She is at the core a female Marth. Almost literally.

Just don't bother with Weeman. I don't think it makes a difference if he's drunk or not.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Lucina doesn't make sense as anything except a Marth clone. She is at the core a female Marth. Almost literally.
Oh. Well, I think Lucina a shot not to be a clone in Smash or at least be a luigified clone in the Next Smash.

Just don't bother with Weeman. I don't think it makes a difference if he's drunk or not.
Do you think we should call @Hong in, just in case?

Ew swords are boring.
What do you mean? What makes you say that?

D

Deleted member

:4marth::4robinm::4myfriends:

And then counting clones :4lucina: and (potentially) :roypm:.

All when FE has more weapons than swords.

Ideally I would like the franchise to have some representation of the number of other weapons that are put to use in the games.

I.E. no more swords kthxbai.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
:4marth::4robinm::4myfriends:

And then counting clones :4lucina: and (potentially) :roypm:.

All when FE has more weapons than swords.

Ideally I would like the franchise to have some representation of the number of other weapons that are put to use in the games.

I.E. no more swords kthxbai.
Well, Robin does have Magic and if Lucina wasn't a clone, she could have had spears as a weapon.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
It's time to tip the tips! (?)

Hi! I'm a Fire Emblem fan
Welcome to our humble abode. Please enjoy your stay here in our wonderful gathering spot.

Try not to be too worried about our... unusual behavior, for we're pretty average people. Expect a bit more, fun, if you will.
:estatic:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
It's time to tip the tips! (?)

Hi! I'm a Fire Emblem fan
G'Day. Welcome here

like what Delta Fist said, don't mind our odd behaviour, we are normal people. We just like to have a bit more fun they most other threads.

Trust me, I am Australian.

D

Deleted member

Well, Robin does have Magic and if Lucina wasn't a clone, she could have had spears as a weapon.
They still use swords though.

And then if you want to get technical Ike could use axes (if you assume that he could have been given his final promotion, Vanguard, in Smash), however he never swings Urvan around.

The issue in that regard is that the character (Ike, Lucina) is never primarily associated with using an axe or lance for Ike or Lucina, respectively.

Lucina is always seen with the Parallel Falchion and Ike is always seen with a sword and later on (once he obtains it in the game) Ragnell.

Yes, Smash is known for not paying really any attention to canon, however, to see the lords use anything but their primary weapon (swords) and furthermore their signature weapons (Falchion, Parallel Falchion, Ragnell) would be something unusual to see.

Of course that entire thing becomes a little subjective, but in terms of lances I feel it would only be right for an FE character if they were wielded by a character who primarily used them in their games, i.e. Ephraim.

Robin of course is different in this regard since his weapons (Bronze, Levin swords, and tomes) are all common weapons in Awakening, but considering that he/she stands as more "general" representation of the franchise (that is, as a representation of the entire "tactician" idea, as opposed to just being a lord from one of the franchise's many continents), his case is a bit different from the lords.

IMO.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
For who I'd want in Smash; Lyn, Hector, Micaiah/Soren, or Ephraim.

Lyn because she's one of the more popular lords and we don't have many female characters let alone Fire Emblem characters. Plus I feel she could be unique with her sword.

Hector since getting someone who uses an axe instead of a sword would be cool. He'd be like Ike but with an axe.

Micaiah or Soren would be cool to see someone strictly with magic.

Ephraim would be nice because he's a really cool lord who again, doesn't use a sword but a lance.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
What is it about Twilight Princess that I can keep going back to it and never get bored?

Yes, the game is guilty of the gritty aesthetic and being a bit on the easy side, but this Zelda game above the rest I feel has the best atmosphere for me. Everything just feels so complete and proper, like an actual adventure throughout the entire game. Compare to Skyward Sword which has a bit of a pacing issue, Ocarina of Time which felt so barren, Wind Waker where it can drag for a bit with the traveling, and Majora's Mask where I couldn't give a ****.

I'm hoping Zelda U follows a TP blueprint. That would make my day.

/random

Top Bottom