• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
They still use swords though.

And then if you want to get technical Ike could use axes (if you assume that he could have been given his final promotion, Vanguard, in Smash), however he never swings Urvan around.

The issue in that regard is that the character (Ike, Lucina) is never primarily associated with using an axe or lance for Ike or Lucina, respectively.

Lucina is always seen with the Parallel Falchion and Ike is always seen with a sword and later on (once he obtains it in the game) Ragnell.

Yes, Smash is known for not paying really any attention to canon, however, to see the lords use anything but their primary weapon (swords) and furthermore their signature weapons (Falchion, Parallel Falchion, Ragnell) would be something unusual to see.

Of course that entire thing becomes a little subjective, but in terms of lances I feel it would only be right for an FE character if they were wielded by a character who primarily used them in their games, i.e. Ephraim.

Robin of course is different in this regard since his weapons (Bronze, Levin swords, and tomes) are all common weapons in Awakening, but considering that he/she stands as more "general" representation of the franchise (that is, as a representation of the entire "tactician" idea, as opposed to just being a lord from one of the franchise's many continents), his case is a bit different from the lords.

IMO.
You have a point.

Then again, it's like asking why Link uses the Master Sword rather than the first sword he gets. It's just more iconic to the character and (though not important) more powerful than the standard sword.

I still think swords are awesome.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
What is it about Twilight Princess that I can keep going back to it and never get bored?

Yes, the game is guilty of the gritty aesthetic and being a bit on the easy side, but this Zelda game above the rest I feel has the best atmosphere for me. Everything just feels so complete and proper, like an actual adventure throughout the entire game. Compare to Skyward Sword which has a bit of a pacing issue, Ocarina of Time which felt so barren, Wind Waker where it can drag for a bit with the traveling, and Majora's Mask where I couldn't give a ****.

I'm hoping Zelda U follows a TP blueprint. That would make my day.

/random
Twilight Princess is love. Twilight Princess is life.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
What is it about Twilight Princess that I can keep going back to it and never get bored?

Yes, the game is guilty of the gritty aesthetic and being a bit on the easy side, but this Zelda game above the rest I feel has the best atmosphere for me. Everything just feels so complete and proper, like an actual adventure throughout the entire game. Compare to Skyward Sword which has a bit of a pacing issue, Ocarina of Time which felt so barren, Wind Waker where it can drag for a bit with the traveling, and Majora's Mask where I couldn't give a ****.

/random
>:/

Anyway, I actually hope Zelda U follows Zelda U's Blueprint :D.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Decided to test out a new character by taking him to For Glory. Who was my first opponent? :4robinm: And I got my @** whooped. Went :4robinf: and gave him the good ol'nair. And then for the rest of our matches he wore a tag that said "Respect." What a swell guy.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

/random
It is a pretty fantastic entry in the Zelda franchise. I think the very high quality presentation and execution of its cutscenes really helps make the story extremely engrossing.

Now if I might ask, what makes you so sour towards Majora's Mask?
Just recruited Tiki. It only took me two turns.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
man I just cannot get in to codename steam anymore AND I REALLY WANT TO
PRAISE THE FOX
:fox64::foxmelee::fox::4fox:

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
No, but i would like to taste YOUR sweat
View attachment 52946
I don't know about LIQUID, but my sweat is off limits thank you very much.

unles U ar as cyoot as duh laydee in duh pictyur. :happysheep:

On a related topic, just for clarification, am I the only one here who likes Maribelle?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

unless you're as cute as duh laydee in duh pictyur. :happysheep:

On a related topic, just for clarification, am I the only one here who likes Maribelle?
No,

She's like, my 3rd favorite human female from Awakening, behind Cherche (#1~) and Olivia (#2~)

Weeman

Smash Crusader

unless you're as cyoot as duh laydee in duh pictyur. :happysheep:

No, she is one of the best characters in the game in my opinion, up there with Lucina, Kjelle and Robin him/herself.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Maribelle is a really nice lady who I do like. She's got entertaining supports and I like her design overall. She's 5th on my list of favorite first gen parents after Nowi, Cherche, Cordelia, then Lissa.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Mfw I do a blind run in a Zelda game, only to find I missed one single Heart Container.

Hcjdbdjdndmfnf

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Just recruited Tiki. It only took me two turns.
What?! How did it only take you 2 turns?!

@ Weeman Weeman is my friend and I just want him to be happy.

I won't hurt Weeman. I will only give him love and wisdom and allow him to choose his path.
Okay then. I just thought that if his decision making wasn't up to what it should be, we should just be prepared in case post something....... you know, weirder than normal

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Antonykun said:
man I just cannot get in to codename steam anymore AND I REALLY WANT TO
PRAISE THE FOX
:fox64::foxmelee::fox::4fox:

I would pick up Codename Steam, but I need a New 3DD and a Robin amiibo

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Have some Translated quotes though I didn't translate them.

Sakura: "The citizens of this kingdom are all good people."
Hinoka: "Even if the situation is unfavourable, as Hoshido's princess, I'll show you how I can fight until the bitter end."
Takumi: "I'm arrogant...? That's because I don't trust either of the two of you."
Ryouma: "As your brother, I'm proud of you all. As long as you're here, nothing can scare me."

Camilla: "It's alright. As for everyone who dared to bother you, I'll kill them all."
Marx: "Your power shouldn't be used as something like this. Stand, gripping your sword, as a soldier of Nohr."
Leon: "Honestly... Your swordsmanship doesn't determine the entirety of your strength, brothers."
Elise: "I'll do my best with you, too. If I do, surely father will forgive us."
Aqua: "I am Aqua. I'm Nohr Kingdom's princess... or was, rather."
If only Leon ended the quote with 'comrades'. :troll:

No, but i would like to taste YOUR sweat
View attachment 52946

:231:

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
What's everybody's favorite fruit?
WALLNUTS, PEANUTS, PINEAPPLE SMELLS
GRAPES, MELONS, ORANGES AND COCONUT SHELLS

:4dk::4dk::4dk::4dk::4dk::4dk::4dk::4dk::4dk::4dk::4dk::4dk::4dk::4dk::4dk::4dk:

For my real answer, I like peaches, pears when peaches aren't available.
Now that DLC Mii costumes are a thing, it's time to start wishing for actual character DLC alts.
<Hood-up Robin>
Waaaaaaaaaaaant. :happysheep:
I dunno, it's literally just the default outfit plus a hood. It's confusing enough looking at matches with 2 default color Robins, a 3rd/4th would be chaos.

I would prefer either a special gender-locked class for each, or Morgan.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I dunno, it's literally just the default outfit plus a hood. It's confusing enough looking at matches with 2 default color Robins, a 3rd/4th would be chaos.

I would prefer either a special gender-locked class for each, or Morgan.
Everyone likes the hood, though.

Besides, it's probably among the easiest alternate costumes to implement.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
What?! How did it only take you 2 turns?!
l
I used a Galeforce strategy.

I started the turn pairing up four units together and have them charge at the risen at the east and west ends of the map. Sumia and Olivia went west, and Cordelia and Robin went east. All four of them have galeforce so I could take out all three of them going 1, 2, 1 or 2.

Cherche, with Lucina charged straight after the boss while the remaining units took out the four southern risen.
The four of them will be represented like this, :4charizard::4charizard::4littlemac::4charizard:. The "Charizard" risen have to be killed with a ranged weapon, so everyone that goes after them had a javelin or a hand axe. The "Little Mac" risen can be taken out adjacent so it doesn't matter who takes it out.

Cherche and Lucina made it to the boss and the map was completed in two turns.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
@ Weeman Weeman is my friend and I just want him to be happy.

I won't hurt Weeman. I will only give him love and wisdom and allow him to choose his path.
And i appreaciate that very much, thank you my mistress Hong.
My best wishes be to you and everyone else you lovely Robin threaders.

Okay then. I just thought that if his decision making wasn't up to what it should be, we should just be prepared in case post something....... you know, weirder than normal
Like...
THIS?!

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
mfw Xenoblade Chronicles is more emotionally-charged than most novels I've read

Shulk and Dunban's confrontation after defeating Mumkhar in Sword Valley.

Oh my god.

Hong

The Strongest

Oh my god.
I know, right? Enough for me to nag some of the people I know in the game industry to play the damned game, for story among other great things it did well. Of course it has its shortcomings like the quest system's lack of navigability, but that aside. Great game and great learning experience for any game developer.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805

Oh my god.
Just wait until you get further into the game, then **** starts to get even more down!

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I know, right? Enough for me to nag some of the people I know in the game industry to play the damned game, for story among other great things it did well. Of course it has its shortcomings like the quest system's lack of navigability, but that aside. Great game and great learning experience for any game developer.
It also teaches us what I believe is a very, very important moral lesson that renews my faith in vidya narrative:

Revenge is a silly, dangerous thing that will make you even more miserable, and there's more to life than "an eye for an eye" vengeance ethics.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
It also teaches us what I believe is a very, very important moral lesson that renews my faith in vidya narrative:

Revenge is a silly, dangerous thing that will make you even more miserable, and there's more to life than "an eye for an eye" vengeance ethics.
"An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind."

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
/random
Your opinion is good and you should feel good.

Weeman

Smash Crusader

/random
Well i think it'sbecause TP kinda nailed the aesthetic of it's world.
Ruins feel like actual ruins.
Temples have a more "godly" feel to them.
And Hyrule castle actually feels like going through a castle.
From a gameplay perspective it was lacking in many areas, but i feel TP's world was the most consistent within it's narrative.
Barren, yes, but enjoyable to go through regardless.

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Congrats to all tacticians in here, Fire Emblem Awakening has sold nearly 2 million!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1050018
Congratulations Fire Emblem: Awakening!!! 1.8 million sold!!!

:4robinm::happysheep::4lucina::happysheep::4robinf::happysheep::4lucina::happysheep::4robinm::happysheep::4lucina::happysheep::4robinf::happysheep::4lucina::happysheep:

In celebration of Awakening almost reaching 2 million sales worldwide, and for single handedly saving the franchise from perma-death, I'd like to briefly describe why Awakening is one of my favourite video games of all time.

In January of 2013, a week before the demo of Awakening was released, I was going through an extremely difficult time in my life. I was officially diagnosed with major depression and social anxiety that very same month, leaving me in a state of despair and hopelessness for the future. I couldn't go back to my college courses because I was too depressed to even leave my bed and too anxious to escape the confines of my room. My dreams of the future seem to shatter before me and it happened so quickly, I didn't have any time to react. That very same month, I had lost a piece of my very being and was shackled to an illness that I never thought I would ever be inflicted with. Perhaps it was my hubris in believing I would never go through such turmoil that was my undoing. Whatever the case may have been, I was in desperate need of something to cheer me up, anything that could lift my spirits from the deepest depths of misery, pain and mental torment.

During my quest to search for some form of peace for my troubled mind, I stumbled across various articles on and videos that were parsing the latest Fire Emblem game. These sources of information revealed that Awakening would be perfect for any newcomers due to the various options and Casual mode, among other benefits. They had also spoken briefly of the demo being released the following week. Naturally, I was intrigued. I had never played a Fire Emblem game before, nor have I ever considered playing one due to the high learning curve and difficulty that the series was notorious for. However, Awakening seemed to shake the structure by providing a way for even someone like myself to enjoy the game and become invested in the characters, story and gameplay mechanics without pulling my hair out. With a sense of interest, I eagerly downloaded the demo the following week in the hopes that I had finally found something to distract my weary mind.

I was Awakened! :4lucina:

I remember openly crying, tears dripping down my smiling face. I had spent weeks without feeling any form of happiness, just pain and sorrow. And then Awakening came along and renewed me, gave me a form of hope and happiness. Even if it was a fleeting feeling, I didn't care. Awakening had saved my life and brought me out of the hellish mindset that I was enduring. After falling in love with the demo, I immediately put enough funds on my 3DS to purchase the game and waited for the release of the full game. I recall counting down the days, hours and even minutes until the game would be released, and I became obsessed with everything Awakening, from gameplay videos, to interviews, art, and so forth.

Finally, the day had arrived! I downloaded Awakening onto my 3DS and spent 8 solid hours playing this masterpiece of a game. It was addicting, engaging, moving, relatable and it re-awakened something deep within me that I thought I had lost. Joy. I feel in love with every character, the story, the music, presentation, everything that the game had to offer. I purchased every piece of DLC and enjoyed them throughly and have replayed Awakening countless times since first playing it. I've spent over 400 hours playing it and I do not regret doing so.

Awakening had re-awakened a franchise that was at deaths door step and breathed new life into it. I fell in love with video games again and I'm eternally grateful towards Awakening for changing my life in so many ways. And because of Awakening, I was able to meet all of you wonderful human beings who have brought joy to my life. I've meet so many friends here, individuals who I care about deeply and look forward to conversing with each and every day. It's all thanks to Awakening that I am here today, sharing my story with you all. Awakening truly does deserve the sales it has received and I'm proud to have helped make that happen.

I'd like to conclude my thoughts by sharing a quote from a certain tactician that we all know and love. :4robinm::4robinf:

"We're not pawns of some scripted fate. I believe we're more. Much more... There's something between us all. Something that keeps us together... Like...invisible ties, connecting us.”

Last edited:

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
Something that I'm a little sad to admit is that although I call myself a fan of the zelda franchise I have never played Twilight Princess. I've played a lot of the other games, but not that one. Also, Xenoblade chronicles is amazing, just amazing. That's all that needs to be said about it.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
"We're not pawns of some scripted fate. I believe we're more. Much more... There's something between us all. Something that keeps us together... Like...invisible ties, connecting us.”

Legit reaction.

TOGETHER WE RIDE!

Troykv

Smash Master
I wish that the Awakening Fans actually play the other games and don't only their waifu simulator.

I want a Roy Amiibo :happysheep:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I haven't replayed it because I don't own the game, but being my first Zelda, Twilight Princess has a special spot to me. I guess the start drags on and the bug chasing sections are annoying, but I love everything else the game has to offer. I love Majora's Mask, but I hate must of the dungeons in the game. Ocarina of Time is a nice template, but it doesn't really excel at anything to me. Wind Waker has the most fun combat, but I despise the great sea and I find every dungeon asides from the tower of the gods to be very boring, and then there's Skyward Sword...can I forget I ever even tried to play that? :4dedede:
I just enjoyed TP a lot, some say it's just Ocarina of Time with prettier graphics, I'd say it improves what that brought to the table.

Last edited:
Top Bottom