• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
In other news, I've been playing Saint's Row The Third. And yes, I've done the best that I can to base my character off Lucina. And you're damn straight I'm using Laura's Baily for it (duh).

If I wasn't about to pass out, I'd take and post a Screenshot. The hair is kind of difficult though... It's lacking a good style that comes close.

I'll post it later today (it is 2 AM here). So after I sleep and stuff.
I wanted to go for her longer hair, but all of the long hair options kinda sucked. So I went with a short one to mimic her hairstyle before she lost her mask.

Any advice/changes would be appreciated.

Last edited:

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
So two more characters have been revealed for If...

Nyx on the left is a Sorceress. Guy with a 10/10 punchable face is unnamed with the class of Brave Hero.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Another screenshot

We all know about Sakura but now we got a look at the girl at the left who has been seen throughout the trailer and other screenshots. Her name's Linca and her class is called Oni.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
This topic is moving really fast all of a sudden...

I said I'd post it, and I did, but it may have been missed since it seems every time I go and post something fun for the R.S.T, that I said I was going to post for the R.S.T, the topic goes flying and everyone misses it, and everyone thinks I'm a lying sack of whatsit:

Linky, link!

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Another screenshot

We all know about Sakura but now we got a look at the girl at the left who has been seen throughout the trailer and other screenshots. Her name's Linca and her class is called Oni.
Isn't an Oni a dancer of sorts? Or other form of entertainer?

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I'm loving all the new official art more and more

Why's she gotta be such a qt?
Fan of...:peach: :peachmelee: :4peach:es

I'm sorry.
I figured someone was going to make that joke eventually, so it's all good :4pacman:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
No one hits like Gaston
No one crits like Gaston
No one smashes his foes into bits like Gaston
For the man is a hulking Godzilla
Lit'rally rippling and heaving with brawn
Ask Orochi, Elise, or Camilla
And they'll tell you whose side they prefer to be on

No one scraps like Gaston
Pummels chaps like Gaston
No one solos the Lunatic maps like Gaston

Robin finds my game model infuriating
Guess who's got feet? It's Gaston!

When I was a lad I chopped four dozen foes
Every morning to help me get large
And now that I'm grown I chop five dozen foes
For my axe is the size of a barge

No one wins like Gaston
Breaks their limbs like Gaston
No one spends as much time in the gym as Gaston

All they hired me for is eradicating
My what a guy, that Gaston

Magnificently done good sir.
What's everybody's favorite fruit?
Apples, but I don't eat a lot of fruit anyway.

Last edited:

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
I feel like the dude with the punchable face is 50/50 on being hilariously awesome or absolutely infuriating.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
So many quotes!

Anyways, I like strawberries, bananas, and oranges. Though there's too many favorites to list of course!

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
Another screenshot

Holy...from the looks of it Linca will be on the Hoshido side. If that is the case I think I will strongly reconsider going Nohr.(My god I love that design.)

Oranges and Bananas ftw.

Last edited:

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps she'll be some sort of new shape-shifter class/species then.
I just think she's the Hoshido equivalent of an axe-fighter. Like how Hoshido has naginatas instead of lances, I also think Hoshido has maces (or kanabo) instead of axes.

On a side note, at least I was able to add on that Mr. Punchable Face is a Hero. I think it fits him better. He seems too smug and arrogant to want to be a class like Berserker.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I just think she's the Hoshido equivalent of an axe-fighter. Like how Hoshido has naginatas instead of lances, I also think Hoshido has maces (or kanabo) instead of axes.

On a side note, at least I was able to add on that Mr. Punchable Face is a Hero. I think it fits him better. He seems too smug and arrogant to want to be a class like Berserker.
I read around that Gaston is a Great Hero and Nyx is a Dark Mage/Sorceress.

Hang on a second. The Famitsu scan has Nyx listed as a Dark Mage while that other screenshot with her and Gaston has her as a Sorceress. I'm going to assume she starts out as a Dark Mage.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
With all the new classes they're introducing, I just hope the overall class system isn't as loopy and disorganised as it was in some of the earlier games.

Just as long as Barons never come back, though, I'll be happy.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
With all the new classes they're introducing, I just hope the overall class system isn't as loopy and disorganised as it was in some of the earlier games.
Just as long as Barons never come back, though, I'll be happy.
As I have yet to play any game with that class I must ask - what does the Baron do that's bad?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
As I have yet to play any game with that class I must ask - what does the Baron do that's bad?
Ever heard of a mage with the defences of an armour knight, that could also use nearly any other sort of weapon in the game equally well if he wanted to?
baron.png

In practice, you have Sigurd with his holy weapon by the time this guy shows up, so he's not that hard to deal with; just annoying. Earlier ones are pretty tough, though, particularly the ones that come with both a tome and a sword or axe (in this game they switch between them automatically based on who or what you attack with, even when it isn't their turn).

D

Deleted member

I also really like Time of Action because of the intense violin.
Time of Action is a pretty good song. I dunno how much I put it on My Music though.

How did I KNOW that link would lead to Groose's Theme?
Also, is that blonde guy a playable unit? If so I am going to only use him forever.
Because Groose is like Gaston. :p

Yeah, it doesn't spoil anything on either side. The story does sort of drop off near the end, where Layton basically becomes the sole hero of the story, and Phoenix is just there in the background, but up to that point it's pretty good.
Aww... that's pretty lame. :( OK.

(and apples)

No one hits like Gaston
No one crits like Gaston
No one smashes his foes into bits like Gaston
For the man is a hulking Godzilla
Lit'rally rippling and heaving with brawn
Ask Orochi, Elise, or Camilla
And they'll tell you whose side they prefer to be on

No one scraps like Gaston
Pummels chaps like Gaston
No one solos the Lunatic maps like Gaston

Robin finds my game model infuriating
Guess who's got feet? It's Gaston!

When I was a lad I chopped four dozen foes
Every morning to help me get large
And now that I'm grown I chop five dozen foes
For my axe is the size of a barge

No one wins like Gaston
Breaks their limbs like Gaston
No one spends as much time in the gym as Gaston

All they hired me for is eradicating
My what a guy, that Gaston
NO ONE HITS LIKE GASTON!
NO ONE CRITS LIKE GASTON!
NO ONE S-SUPPORTS AS EASILY AS GASTON!
No one fights like Gaston! Gets a crit like Gaston! Wins the favor of the RNG gods like Gaston!
You people won the Internet.

Sidhe Sí

Smash Rookie
NNID
InfiniteAlchemy
3DS FC
3926-5917-6773
Yo, do you guys recomend I check out Awakening?? I've never played an FE before, and to be honest it seems like it's the only other good RPG on the 3DS outside of Bravely Default. Also I have heard tales of a glorious booty called Tharja. Sounds fun.

Matsushi

True Blood
Time of Action is a pretty good song. I dunno how much I put it on My Music though.
I think it's the highest out of all the songs. Though out of all the Fire Emblem soundtracks in the game, I think With Mila's Divine Protection is the best one! DananananadadaDADADADADADA!!! [cue music]

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Yo, do you guys recomend I check out Awakening??
Obviously this thread will tell you yes, unanimously :p
I believe there's also a demo on the eShop, if you want to check that out first.

Aww... that's pretty lame. :( OK.
The funny thing is, while Layton is running around saving the day, you're playing as Phoenix almost the whole way through the final chapter. So Phoenix is solving all the puzzles and questioning the witnesses in the trial, and Layton is the one who gets all the credit :p

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Yo, do you guys recomend I check out Awakening?? I've never played an FE before, and to be honest it seems like it's the only other good RPG on the 3DS outside of Bravely Default. Also I have heard tales of a glorious booty called Tharja. Sounds fun.
Now Moydow got the big points covered:
Obviously this thread will tell you yes, unanimously :p
I believe there's also a demo on the eShop, if you want to check that out first.
- but I have a few more answers for the other two.
  • There's actually a fair number of good RPGs for the 3DS, or at least games that fit loosely into that category. I could go on for a minuteou may also consider Etrian Odyssey IV and Untold, Shin Megami Tensei IV, and especially Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, for a short list. The Etrian games have demo versions as well.
  • Tharja does have a glorious booty. Unfortunately you don't get to see it a ton, but it is there.

Last edited:

Matsushi

True Blood
Hell yeah, Tharja booty.

I'm definitely certain everyone here will tell you the same, but for good measure, I highly recommend you check out Awakening!

Top Bottom