• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

D

Deleted member

It took me 11 hours, but I finally did it.
I beat the last Case in Trials and Tribulations.
So many good twists and turns here. I love that it finally brings the Fey scenario to a very epic close.
What I love what they do in the trilogy is bring up the DL-6 Incident often. It may be solved, but it's still a case that haunts all parties involved with it; Edgeworth and the entire Fey family especially.

I hated Dahlia for what she did to the prisoner and her attempted murder on Phoenix. When it started, I actually hoped that she committed the crime so that I can corner her once and for all and bring her to justice.
Then... the twist with the twins got me and... well... I felt bad.
I wanted to do so even more when she said that Maya died. I stopped playing for a bit and widened my eyes... I refused to believe such a thing.
Just being able to finally expose her contradictions and see her meltdown was amazing. I was just so stunned from it.

The end of the trial was amazing as well.
Being able to listen to this version of Pursuit Cornered was amazing. It was just the perfect way to end it all... it gives off the sense of nostalgia, victory, and the fact that it's like all the previous cases that you've done up to this point.
Then Godot confesses just because he felt bad for what he didn't do... and I felt bad for him that he was robbed by that demonic girl.
And then the final twist... Iris was actually the twin that Phoenix was dating all of that time. Wow.

Oh! And being able to control Edgeworth? Hell yes! I absolutely loved his reaction to having to uncover more Psyche-Locks on Larry. XD

Overall, this is an amazing trilogy of games. It had an amazing beginning and it ended spectacularly. You know, these games are by far the most epic games that I've played and it's a shame that it doesn't get as much praise or appreciation in my opinion.
As for Apollo Justice... I think I will skip on his game and maybe go to the 3DS game or perhaps Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright; I haven't played a Layton game, but I like Phoenix enough to buy it. I kinda wish that instead of having a new game with Apollo, they rebooted the series and created a new trilogy.
Again, special thanks to @ Moydow Moydow for introducing me to the Trilogy. These are by far some of the best games that I've played.

Oh yeah, and Robin is awesome and it's about time that we learned the name of that random guy. What a bunch of Jokers, am I right?

Last edited by a moderator:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
As for Apollo Justice... I think I will skip on his game
Wouldn't blame you, it's really not that great.

the 3DS game
It's not bad, and you don't really miss that much from not having played AJ beforehand, since nothing significant from that game is referenced (even Phoenix losing and reobtaining his badge is barely mentioned). Doesn't come close to any of the original three, though, in my opinion.

Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright; I haven't played a Layton game, but I like Phoenix enough to buy it.
I bought the game purely because of Phoenix and Maya (having not played any Layton games either until recently), and it's pretty amazing. The overall plot is more of a Layton thing than an Ace Attorney one, but you don't miss much from the Layton side without playing his games; conversely, a lot of the stuff with Phoenix and Maya has the most impact if you're already familiar with them.

Also, don't spoil chapter 5. (seriously, "chapter 5" is like video game writers' code for "****'s about to hit the fan" :p)

also this

I kinda wish that instead of having a new game with Apollo, they rebooted the series and created a new trilogy.
Eh, I don't mind Apollo as such, but I feel like I'd have enjoyed his game much more if Phoenix wasn't in it at all. If they were going to go with a new set of characters, it should have been a clean break, instead of shoehorning in Phoenix because he's Phoenix. Dunno how I'd feel about a reboot, though - never really considered the idea.

Again, special thanks to @ Moydow Moydow for introducing me to the Trilogy. These are by far some of the best games that I've played.

Speaking of Edgeworth, his two games are worth a look as well, but you'll probably have to resort to emulators for them (no choice with the second, since there's no English release :(). First one is decent - not fantastic, but still a good game - and the second one is excellent (with an impressive fan translation to boot). Only thing is, Phoenix and Maya don't show up anywhere in them (hell, everyone tries their hardest to not mention Phoenix by name - it's all "the guy in the blue suit" this and "the guy with the spiky hair" that), but almost everyone else is present and correct.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Might as well post it here too:

Sorry for stealing your gif, @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A , but 99.9% of seems legit gifs I found horribly atrocious.
I've Streetpassed a few Reggies on Mii Plaza, and I don't mean someone just coincidentally named Reggie nor the actual "special Mii" Reggies.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Also, I hope there will be female butlers...although I don't think Intelligent Systems has the guts to do male maids.
That won't stop artists from drawing the male characters in the maid outfits. Did the Bride class being female exclusive stop them?

I don't think so.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
That won't stop artists from drawing the male characters in the maid outfits. Did the Bride class being female exclusive stop them?

I don't think so.

On that pleasant note, Xenoblade Chronicles X's soundtrack has been released in Japan! :happysheep:

Here's a couple samples for your enjoyment, my fellow tacticians. Enjoy! :colorful:

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Now that DLC Mii costumes are a thing, it's time to start wishing for actual character DLC alts.

hooded_robin_ssb4_by_simplederk-d7rfube.png

Waaaaaaaaaaaant. :happysheep:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Red hair F!Morgan pls.
I'll concur on skipping Apollo Justice Brawler, I had no problem playing Dual Destinies originally not playing it and I felt like I wasted time going through the game, the cons easily outbeat the pros it has by a large margin. It's a game where my gut feeling of "don't play it, you won't like it" was spot on.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
@ Shaymikyu Shaymikyu look at what I found.

And on that note. Another set of Famitsu scan. They're going to release new info about Fire Emblem If weekly.

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
This is a sweet comic

D

Deleted member

Wouldn't blame you, it's really not that great.
Can you remind me again on why it's kinda meh?

It's not bad, and you don't really miss that much from not having played AJ beforehand, since nothing significant from that game is referenced (even Phoenix losing and reobtaining his badge is barely mentioned). Doesn't come close to any of the original three, though, in my opinion.
I am considering getting it, though I will wait a bit. If I feel the need to defend the innocent again, I will get the game.

I bought the game purely because of Phoenix and Maya (having not played any Layton games either until recently), and it's pretty amazing. The overall plot is more of a Layton thing than an Ace Attorney one, but you don't miss much from the Layton side without playing his games; conversely, a lot of the stuff with Phoenix and Maya has the most impact if you're already familiar with them.

Also, don't spoil chapter 5. (seriously, "chapter 5" is like video game writers' code for "****'s about to hit the fan" :p)

also this
I see. So I can play the game without getting spoiled by what happens in Professor Layton? I really just want to get it because I am an Ace Attorney fan.
I heard the story is amazing up until a certain point where it just becomes "OK."

Eh, I don't mind Apollo as such, but I feel like I'd have enjoyed his game much more if Phoenix wasn't in it at all. If they were going to go with a new set of characters, it should have been a clean break, instead of shoehorning in Phoenix because he's Phoenix. Dunno how I'd feel about a reboot, though - never really considered the idea.
I feel as though they could have done a slight reboot or created a whole new trilogy instead of... well... that. From what I heard, Apollo Justice degenerates or devalues the character development Phoenix had in the first three games.

Speaking of Edgeworth, his two games are worth a look as well, but you'll probably have to resort to emulators for them (no choice with the second, since there's no English release :(). First one is decent - not fantastic, but still a good game - and the second one is excellent (with an impressive fan translation to boot). Only thing is, Phoenix and Maya don't show up anywhere in them (hell, everyone tries their hardest to not mention Phoenix by name - it's all "the guy in the blue suit" this and "the guy with the spiky hair" that), but almost everyone else is present and correct.
I was thinking about getting the first Investigations game at least, but I can understand if it's hard to come by or if it's really expensive (it seems like one of those rare games to me... but I haven't done any investigation).

I think I fought a Sakurai before... I know that I faced a Chudat before... and maybe a Mew2King.
I haven't seen any Reggies, though.

It's just so beautiful.

Literally every single Fire Emblem soundtrack is beautiful, hence why I love playing in Arena Ferox, Coliseum and Castle Siege. :cheep:
Same. I mostly go on Coliseum because that's where all of the Awakening music is, but it has some good tracks like The Devoted and the Meeting Theme Medley.

Now that DLC Mii costumes are a thing, it's time to start wishing for actual character DLC alts.

View attachment 52662
I would love that and a Dry Bowser alt.
I wish they could make N64 alts for every character.

There's also this. Nyx and Blonde Gaston.
I think we need some fitting music for this guy.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Nyx?!
tumblr_msbrp3325R1srvbh9o1_500.png

Persona 3 flashbacks intensifies

I'm liking all this new info and character designs of If, it's a shame we'll have to wait a while for the game and avoid spoilers once Japan gets it.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
hey that blonde axe fighter is wearing nohr looking armor.
Brb preordering black kingdom (not really)

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

And on that note. Another set of Famitsu scan. They're going to release new info about Fire Emblem If weekly.

That's really cool how they show which characters will be available in each storyline. Although that makes it all the more challenging to decide, because I kind of want an army of Hoshidan ninjas, and it looks like only Green Haired Ninja Dude will join you in Nohr. Either way I'm loving all these new characters we're seeing!
NO ONE HITS LIKE GASTON!
NO ONE CRITS LIKE GASTON!
NO ONE S-SUPPORTS AS EASILY AS GASTON!

Matsushi

True Blood
Same. I mostly go on Coliseum because that's where all of the Awakening music is, but it has some good tracks like The Devoted and the Meeting Theme Medley.
I loooove The Devoted, though I'm pretty sure I don't make it too obvious that I do.
-sweats nervously-

I also really like Time of Action because of the intense violin.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Can you remind me again on why it's kinda meh?
http://smashboards.com/threads/rate-the-last-game-you-finished.356513/page-5#post-18577207

I see. So I can play the game without getting spoiled by what happens in Professor Layton? I really just want to get it because I am an Ace Attorney fan.
I heard the story is amazing up until a certain point where it just becomes "OK."
Yeah, it doesn't spoil anything on either side. The story does sort of drop off near the end, where Layton basically becomes the sole hero of the story, and Phoenix is just there in the background, but up to that point it's pretty good.

I got one of these guys before. He was based in America, his profile comment was "SmashSmashSmas" (the last H didn't fit), and he wasn't that great at the game. At least I can say I beat "Sakurai" at his own game :p

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form

On that pleasant note, Xenoblade Chronicles X's soundtrack has been released in Japan! :happysheep:

Here's a couple samples for your enjoyment, my fellow tacticians. Enjoy! :colorful:

...Okay. You win, Xenoblade X. I like your soundtrack now despite initial hesitation over some of the more lyric-heavy songs and just lacking a vibe to me. These two are golden.

View attachment 52662
I have been asking for DLC alts since before DLC was a thing in SSB4.

FINALLY.

So does this confirm he's Joker the Butler? I can't read Japanese.
No one fights like Gaston! Gets a crit like Gaston! Wins the favor of the RNG gods like Gaston!

Joker aside, he's my favorite design so far just because dat face.
That's really cool how they show which characters will be available in each storyline. Although that makes it all the more challenging to decide, because I kind of want an army of Hoshidan ninjas, and it looks like only Green Haired Ninja Dude will join you in Nohr. Either way I'm loving all these new characters we're seeing!

NO ONE HITS LIKE GASTON!
Darn it, :4greninja:'d.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
NO ONE HITS LIKE GASTON!
Well, a good start, but that last bit fell a tad flat.

No one fights like Gaston! Gets a crit like Gaston! Wins the favor of the RNG gods like Gaston!
...er.

Guys, if you're going to do this, you gotta go deep with it. Let me pick up what Zan put down and see what I can do.

No one hits like Gaston
No one crits like Gaston
No one smashes his foes into bits like Gaston
For the man is a hulking Godzilla
Lit'rally rippling and heaving with brawn
Ask Orochi, Elise, or Camilla
And they'll tell you whose side they prefer to be on

No one scraps like Gaston
Pummels chaps like Gaston
No one solos the Lunatic maps like Gaston

Robin finds my game model infuriating
Guess who's got feet? It's Gaston!

When I was a lad I chopped four dozen foes
Every morning to help me get large
And now that I'm grown I chop five dozen foes
For my axe is the size of a barge

No one wins like Gaston
Breaks their limbs like Gaston
No one spends as much time in the gym as Gaston

All they hired me for is eradicating
My what a guy, that Gaston

On another note:

I think we need some fitting music for this guy.
I think we know how this really needs to go.

Last edited:

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
Let's do a new topic to get this social running again. Now i want to do something that other socials haven't done yet. Ideas people.

Top Bottom