• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Another screenshot

We all know about Sakura but now we got a look at the girl at the left who has been seen throughout the trailer and other screenshots. Her name's Linca and her class is called Oni.
She looks interesting... Stop toying with what side I should do first, IS! She looks more like she'll be Hoshido...
Perhaps she'll be some sort of new shape-shifter class/species then.
And now I have the girl I'll marry my male Kamui to. I'm a sucker for shapeshifters. If she's Hoshido only, maybe I'll follow the box art and do male Kamui for Hoshido and female for Nohr (marrying Joker, of course). This is assuming Kamui can even marry and they don't go back to very limited supports.
I just think she's the Hoshido equivalent of an axe-fighter. Like how Hoshido has naginatas instead of lances, I also think Hoshido has maces (or kanabo) instead of axes.

On a side note, at least I was able to add on that Mr. Punchable Face is a Hero. I think it fits him better. He seems too smug and arrogant to want to be a class like Berserker.
In that case, I might retract my previous statement. Though she still has a cool design...

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Guys, try not to laugh when watching this

What's everybody's favorite fruit?
Grapes and Apples.

I really love fruit.

One of the few reason I hate the assassin class. The other being they way they wild there swords.

So two more characters have been revealed for If...

Nyx on the left is a Sorceress. Guy with a 10/10 punchable face is unnamed with the class of Brave Hero.
Oh great. This games going to have THAT guy.

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink
So two more characters have been revealed for If...

Nyx on the left is a Sorceress. Guy with a 10/10 punchable face is unnamed with the class of Brave Hero.
Does anyone think of Space Dandy when they see the guy to the right?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Did somebody call for new Fire Emblem if character descriptions? No? You're getting them anyway: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=53850&page=10#entry3771857

Welp looks like Joker won't be that funny unless they portray his social awkwardness in a way like Lucina's.
Wait a minute, Ono Daisuke? Where have I heard that name before? *one Google search later*

HOLY CRAP HE'S ERWIN SMITH! That just earned Suzukaze some serious bad*ss points.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Wait a minute, Ono Daisuke? Where have I heard that name before? *one Google search later*

HOLY CRAP HE'S ERWIN SMITH! That just earned Suzukaze some serious bad*ss points.
Ono Daisuke also voiced Frederick.

Shaymikyu

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
So I beat Saints Row The Third.

I have the following to do before June 19:

Turn 13
Saints Row IV
The Witcher
The Witcher II
The Witcher III
Splatoon

Are you talking about beating them, or acquiring them?

You might be giving yourself a rough time schedule with all those games, but then again I haven't played any of those so I can't say how much time you'll spend on them. Just don't have too much fun.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Are you talking about beating them, or acquiring them?

You might be giving yourself a rough time schedule with all those games, but then again I haven't played any of those so I can't say how much time you'll spend on them. Just don't have too much fun.
Beating them.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
So people have already done this:

I'm surprised by how fast this happened, but at the same time I'm not that surprised.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Yo, do you guys recomend I check out Awakening?? I've never played an FE before, and to be honest it seems like it's the only other good RPG on the 3DS outside of Bravely Default. Also I have heard tales of a glorious booty called Tharja. Sounds fun.
I guess I'm kinda late, but the answer is YES!!!!

I have a few pieces of advice before you play the game though. None of them are a hundred percent necessary, if necessary at all, but I just thought I'd give you a few pointers that I think would allow you to enjoy the game more.

--Don't go with the female avatar, no matter how much you may be tempted to. (I never would've thought that two support convos were all it took to kill a character... :sadsheep:)

--Recruit and train Donnel at all costs. You'll be glad you did. :cheep:

--Don't kill Gaius or Tharja. It's a common beginner's mistake.

--Be aware that the seemingly important decisions you make have close to no effect on the story. (except for maybe the last one... (no spoilers))

--Chrom x Sumia is the only canon marriage. :happysheep: The fangirls are going to kill me for saying that, even though it's true.

--MOST IMPORTANTLY, Think before you ship.
I hope you have fun! And remember: these are mostly just the guidelines I think the average person would need to follow in order to enjoy the game the most; none of them are obligatory. Play the game how you want and have fun! :denzel:

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

--Chrom x Sumia is the only canon marriage. :happysheep: The fangirls are going to kill me for saying that, even though it's true.

--MOST IMPORTANTLY, Think before you ship.

It's definitely canon, but it doesn't mean you have to do it.:p

And I feel like I'm the only one who preferred female Robin's supports to the male's. Not that I've done many of male Robin's, but female's were just more interesting and fun to me overall. Maybe I just liked her character more.​

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I should make a female robin run. I made a file, but I only went to whatever chapter it was necessary to unlock wireless capabilities so I could register her in my logbook and then I never played it again. I've gotten a taste of some of the supports, but I just remember a couple being the same as M!Robin.

Though if I were to go and play more FE, I should work on the ones I've yet to beat in the first place like FE7 or SS.

Shaymikyu

I should make a female robin run. I made a file, but I only went to whatever chapter it was necessary to unlock wireless capabilities so I could register her in my logbook and then I never played it again. I've gotten a taste of some of the supports, but I just remember a couple being the same as M!Robin.

Though if I were to go and play more FE, I should work on the ones I've yet to beat in the first place like FE7 or SS.
If I recall, most of their supports with the non-Paralogue first gen characters are very similar except with Chrom and Lon'qu.

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
It's definitely canon, but it doesn't mean you have to do it.:p

And I feel like I'm the only one who preferred female Robin's supports to the male's. Not that I've done many of male Robin's, but female's were just more interesting and fun to me overall. Maybe I just liked her character more.​
Just out of curiosity, how can one like a character more than the exact same character? :psycho:

I can understand why people would prefer she-Robin to he-Robin. It's all a matter of preference: fleshed-out verses sexualized. in Robin's case, the difference is hardly there when you consider the amount of fleshed-out supports she-Robin has, but I suppose it's worthy to mention that the relationship between Robin and Chrom is mostly what sold the game's story for me, so if one switches out one of the most sensitive, realistic, heart-felt support convos in the game with something that's there almost solely to sexualize, I think it's safe for me to say that character is dead to me.

No offense intended.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Just out of curiosity, how can one like a character more than the exact same character? :psycho:

I can understand why people would prefer she-Robin to he-Robin. It's all a matter of preference: Fleshed-out verses sexuallzed. in Robin's case, the difference is hardly there when you consider the amount of fleshed-out supports she-Robin has, but I suppose it's worthy to mention that the relationship between Robin and Chrom is mostly what sold the game's story for me, so if one switches out one of the most sensitive, realistic, heart-felt support convos in the game with something that's there almost solely to sexualize, I think it's safe for me to say that character is dead to me.

No offense intended.
One support isn't enough to kill a character for me, or else I'd hate Frederick and Cordelia on their supports with each other alone. Robin has tons of guys to choose from, and her Chapter 11 Chrom scene if you don't S Support them (though honestly, I actually like their S Support scene) makes up for the supports plus that fun Summer Scramble conversation.
And honestly, I was more invested in Robin as Lucina's mom than not, because some of the scenes between them tugged at my heartstrings. That's not to say I dislike the other Lucina moms as Lucina moms, but they vanish from the story after the reunion scene. To say nothing of a certain scene involving Lucina and Robin later on in Chapter 21. Trust me, I wish they did more with Sumia or Olivia or the others after that. Sumia is my favorite female first gen, and I would have loved an excuse to see more of her.

But while Robin's friendship with Chrom is important to the story, it doesn't define the character for me. Though yeah, I do like the idea of either the battle couple or the bros forever.

And maybe it's just me, but I feel like there are subtle differences between the male and female Robins. Maybe the headcanons are getting the better of me, though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

@Whoever is just now playing Awakening for the first time ever.

HnxKDRE.png

The best thing that can ever happen to you ^

I don't need to say anything more.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581

I can understand why people would prefer she-Robin to he-Robin. It's all a matter of preference: fleshed-out verses sexualized. in Robin's case, the difference is hardly there when you consider the amount of fleshed-out supports she-Robin has, but I suppose it's worthy to mention that the relationship between Robin and Chrom is mostly what sold the game's story for me, so if one switches out one of the most sensitive, realistic, heart-felt support convos in the game with something that's there almost solely to sexualize, I think it's safe for me to say that character is dead to me.

No offense intended.
While I agree that the two supports are pretty different, I don't know if you could really say the supports for female Robin x Chrom were sexualized. Yeah the supports involved the two of them witnessing each other naked, but I think the support was trying more to be comedic rather than character building. Male Robin does have a more serious and bond building support, but writing off female Robin completely just because of that one support seems wrong. There are the convos from the DLC, the scene in Chapter 11 if Chrom were to marry Robin at that point instead of going the standard s-support in the barracks, and just the story scenes themselves when they're married/Robin's interactions with Lucina.

But, it's your opinion to prefer Male Robin over female Robin which is fine. I just think you might be a bit harsh with those last couple sentences at her.

Last edited:

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
@Whoever is just now playing Awakening for the first time ever.

View attachment 52828

The best thing that can ever happen to you ^

I don't need to say anything more.
Are you sure?

Yes, he's first-gen. So what?

While I agree that the two supports are pretty different, I don't know if you could really say the supports for female Robin x Chrom were sexualized. Yeah the supports involved the two of them witnessing each other naked, but I think the support was trying more to be comedic rather than character building. Male Robin does have a more serious and bond building support, but writing off female Robin completely just because of that one support seems wrong. There are the convos from the DLC, the scene in Chapter 11 if Chrom were to marry Robin at that point instead of going the standard s-support in the barracks, and just the story scenes themselves when they're married/Robin's interactions with Lucina.

But, it's your opinion to prefer Male Robin over female Robin which is fine. I just think you might be a bit harsh with those last couple sentences at her.
It's not necessarily that I prefer he-Robin. I ain't sexist. They're both essentially the same character to me. But I cannot put enough emphasis on how big an impact he-Robin's support with Chrom had on me. It's not like it's super emotional; it just touched me in a place I didn't know existed until it did.

I did think she-Robin's supports with Chrom were funny for the most part; but by the end of the last one, I was all like, "heh... is... is that it? Really!?" I almost cried.

Sorry Robin fangirls, but I'll never think of she-Robin the same way again. :sadsheep:

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

While I agree that the two supports are pretty different, I don't know if you could really say the supports for female Robin x Chrom were sexualized. Yeah the supports involved the two of them witnessing each other naked, but I think the support was trying more to be comedic rather than character building. Male Robin does have a more serious and bond building support, but writing off female Robin completely just because of that one support seems wrong. There are the convos from the DLC, the scene in Chapter 11 if Chrom were to marry Robin at that point instead of going the standard s-support in the barracks, and just the story scenes themselves when they're married/with Lucina.

I'm just going to say it now- if male Robin and female Robin had their supports reversed, people would squeal with joy over male Robin's and accused female Robin of being boring or fangirl-baiting material. I'd bet the farm on that.

Top Bottom