• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
It is a shame that Marth and Ike are in seperate teams. We would have crushed the opposition. Not even the infamous Mr. side b off stage would have stopped us.
Yeah, I thought that was a bit odd at first, but then I noticed they had split them up based on colours. They do this the week after they failed to put Sonic on the blue team. :confused:

Counter is predictable as ****
You haven't fought any Marths who use their brains when deciding to counter, then.

Last edited:

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Yeah, I thought that was a bit odd at first, but then I noticed they had split them up based on colours. They do this the week after they failed to put Sonic on the blue team. :confused:

You haven't fought any Marths who use their brains when deciding to counter, then.
I've fought many battles. Very many. So either I'm just super lucky to not have fought any of these 'brainy Marths,' or counter is a ****ty move.
or maybe I'm just awesome :troll:

Last edited:

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
The counter trigger-happy people annoy me to no end, partially because I don't think when I play and fall for it nine times out of ten. Either that or I'm just so readable that the people who are good with counters feel like spamming it. Probably the latter.

Last edited:

Matsushi

True Blood
I'll admit, it is pretty useful in most matches on FG. But that's because close to no one on FG uses their brain. :happysheep:
Counter is a good move for people who love to hit you off-stage! But if you fail to do so... you're practically screwed.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
If you meet counter happy people, just try to bait it out by charging a smash attack. If they counter, keep charging and unleash the blow in full force.

Or you can just grab them. :p

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Okay, now I asked my island the most important question. Do they support St. Garon or not?

Support is the left. Against is the right. The answer was obvious.

I must show the eight who went against St. Garon the error of their ways.

Last edited:

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Counter is a good move for people who love to hit you off-stage! But if you fail to do so... you're practically screwed.
You'd be surprised how easy it is to take advantage of telegraphing. The key is to know when you're telegraphing just enough for your opponent to buy it. If you make it look too obvious what you're gonna do next, one out of every two times the opponent will realize what you're trying to do. This is a simple tactic I use every time I encounter a character with counter.

If only it worked with counter in FE... :sadsheep:

D

Deleted member

Guys, I did it. I broke down and bought a Robin amiibo for $30 off eBay. I really hope it's not a scam x.x

D

Deleted member

I really wanted the Marth one more than anything but they are just too darn expensive and this price on the Robin one was just too good to pass up D:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer

seriously Windows, how the hell do you let the taskbar and desktop crash, those are like the two most important parts of the entire system :/
there's a reason I gave up using this piece of junk OS years ago, except for some reason HP really hate Linux

Guys, I did it. I broke down and bought a Robin amiibo for $30 off eBay. I really hope it's not a scam x.x
$30 is not too bad, better at least than the scalpers over here want (£55? nnnnnnnoooooope) Hopefully it actually turns up!

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

seriously Windows, how the hell do you let the taskbar and desktop crash, those are like the two most important parts of the entire system :/
Windows 8? or 7?

It usually restores them fast enough when it does crash.

:231:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
For Glory is a toxic environment...
Indeed. That's why I rarely play in FG anymore and when I do play online, it's mostly FF so I can actually have.......well.......fun. :p

I'm not nearly as skilled as all the players in FG, nor do I have the reflexes to counter said players. And I'm perfectly content with accepting that fact. I've certainty become more skillful as a player over these last several months, but I'm fairly certain I've reached the height of my skill. Fighting games just aren't my forte, but I love Smash nevertheless, the community and that's why I continue to hang around, have fun with all of you and just enjoy myself with Smash 4 in FF, friends and offline.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Windows 8? or 7?

It usually restores them fast enough when it does crash.

Everything else worked, but it took about three minutes for the taskbar to come back to life.
Normally I use some Linux distro or other, but the last Ubuntu update broke the drivers for my GPU, and I haven't had time to reinstall it yet. Plus the fact that HP (let alone Micro$oft) seem pretty determined to prevent me from installing it in the first place - the only way to even get it to boot in the first place when it does work is to poke about in parts of the BIOS settings I'm not sure are supposed to be changed by end-users. *shrug*

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form

"Do you wanna know how I got these scars?"

"Uh... your father gave them to you?"

"No. I was chased by an army of rabid fangirls. They clawed through my clothes just to feel my body. To this day, I still have nightmares from that traumatic event."

"...Was there a girl with green hair wearing glas-"

"Enough! We are to never discuss this ever again!"

"I'll take that as a yes."
I now feel obligated to make my first Kamui similar to my Robin (and hopefully actual glasses now).
I asked my island in Tomodachi Life what side will they be choosing.

Here are the results.

I am surprised to find that he decided to go with Hoshido.
I need to get Tomodachi Life... But I was going to get Bravely Default... Why must Nintendo make it hard?:cry:

Weeman

Smash Crusader

there's a reason I gave up using this piece of junk OS years ago, except for some reason HP really hate Linux

$30 is not too bad, better at least than the scalpers over here want (£55? nnnnnnnoooooope) Hopefully it actually turns up!
At least you're not using Vista :4dedede:
I found a Capotain Falcon for $70
Falcon Nope! :4falcon:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Everything else worked, but it took about three minutes for the taskbar to come back to life.
Normally I use some Linux distro or other, but the last Ubuntu update broke the drivers for my GPU, and I haven't had time to reinstall it yet. Plus the fact that HP (let alone Micro$oft) seem pretty determined to prevent me from installing it in the first place - the only way to even get it to boot in the first place when it does work is to poke about in parts of the BIOS settings I'm not sure are supposed to be changed by end-users. *shrug*
Windows 8 isn't really that good, even after the 8.1 update. I actually downgraded my Win 8 laptop back to Win 7.
Well, I hope Ubuntu fixes the driver issue.

D

Deleted member

Indeed. That's why I rarely play in FG anymore and when I do play online, it's mostly FF so I can actually have.......well.......fun. :p

I'm not nearly as skilled as all the players in FG, nor do I have the reflexes to counter said players. And I'm perfectly content with accepting that fact. I've certainty become more skillful as a player over these last several months, but I'm fairly certain I've reached the height of my skill. Fighting games just aren't my forte, but I love Smash nevertheless, the community and that's why I continue to hang around, have fun with all of you and just enjoy myself with Smash 4 in FF, friends and offline.
I'm quite the sensitive person so if someone was to name call me I would get pretty upset (probably shouldn't but hey) and the fact that I'm not as good as the others that play. When I'm online I just like to play with friends because they won't judge you or make you feel like a scrub.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
You guys are talking about For Glory? I can't take it seriously anymore after a number of things. People rage quitting, saying Zelda needs to be banned (i'm not even kidding), DIing Palutena's jab towards her and taking 80%...yeah. If I were you guys I wouldn't be upset if people call you names on there because Roll Glory is a horrible environment

D

Deleted member

My boyfriend takes FG seriously and rages so much when he plays it. I try to tell him how toxic it is but he disagrees and convinces me to play it x.x
I mean everyone is entitled to their opinions but I shouldn't be coerced into doing something I don't want to do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I'm quite the sensitive person so if someone was to name call me I would get pretty upset (probably shouldn't but hey) and the fact that I'm not as good as the others that play. When I'm online I just like to play with friends because they won't judge you or make you feel like a scrub.
I too am quite the sensitive individual so I understand how you feel. FG is quite a toxic environment, for the most part. It's not entirely terrible, but it's far from an inviting place to be. Taking FG seriously is bound to get you to rage once and a while, depending on your tolerance for losing/winning.

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
You guys are talking about For Glory? I can't take it seriously anymore after a number of things. People rage quitting, saying Zelda needs to be banned (i'm not even kidding), DIing Palutena's jab towards her and taking 80%...yeah. If I were you guys I wouldn't be upset if people call you names on there because Roll Glory is a horrible environment
No biggy. Just a bunch of smallish children wanting to feel good about themselves. Nothing wrong with that. :3
Except for everything it indirectly causes. :p

I don't always play For Glory, but when I do, I try to take it seriously for as long as it can be. Once the raging comes in, that's usually when I exit stage left.

But you shouldn't let the vast majority of people who play FG ruin the experience for you. I've been playing FG since I got the game, and I very much enjoy myself for the most part.

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
For Glory was honestly the first Smash 4 related news to get me hyped, especially since Robin wasn't announced until some time afterwards. I mean, I kept up with Smash 4 news since its Smash, but I couldn't get too excited for it because what I wanted from Brawl was the ability to have 1-on-1's online so I can get my money's worth, especially since I don't always have the luxury of offline play. And although For Glory is not exactly perfect (a better ranking system and the option to go to Battlefield is all I want) I'm happy with it and I got decent mileage out of it the first few months of Smash 4.

Edit: Also, I never rage quit. I'm too much of a sore loser to know when I should quit. "I can and I will beat this guy at least 3 times." haha.

Last edited:

Matsushi

True Blood
People shouldn't really be taking FG seriously. I find myself to play so much better with friends online rather than For Glory. For Glory can hinder your gameplay for a number of reasons, including MU disadvantages, the fact that it's set in Omega stages therefore some characters (:4littlemac:) can thrive and so on. People really shouldn't feel discouraged when they lose in FG. :sadsheep:

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
People shouldn't really be taking FG seriously. I find myself to play so much better with friends online rather than For Glory. For Glory can hinder your gameplay for a number of reasons, including MU disadvantages, the fact that it's set in Omega stages therefore some characters (:4littlemac:) can thrive and so on. People really shouldn't feel discouraged when they lose in FG. :sadsheep:
Indeed. If the average player could just realize these simple truths, FG (and the world) would be a much better place.

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
I feel like I don't post in this thread as much as I want to. I play for glory a bit. Only on the 3ds though so I do not get the toxic tags that I see some people use on the wii u version. I try not to take it too seriously though. One time I had a G&W ditto where we both just mess around doing silly things without attacking each other. Every now and then I will get a tad salty if I lose or consistently fall for the same gimmick once I have identified that someone is using a simple play style (i.e. projectile spam, countering, ness pk fire>grab, luigi grab combos). I saved the replay of the G&W match, those types of matches happen very rarely online so I like to keep them.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Calm down, you need to

:^)
No, just, no.

You wot m8?
You heard me. Wot, you don't like it? Come at me!

I actually do plan on seeing that at some point. Sorry.
Sigh, that's fine. Just don't over kill that song.

You wanna know what you do with Frozen?

On Halloween, take a shot every time Elsa comes to the door.

From what I heard, the Halloween after the movie was released, that could put you under the table in under half an hour.
Probable not a great idea for someone who isn't above the legal drink age.

Though technically you're correct since Disney now owns Marvel, Marvel operates mostly autonomously from Disney and most people mentally separate the two. Thus the Avengers series doesn't seem to most people as a Disney movie so much as a Marvel movie.
hm, I guess you have a point. but I am still correct

If anything deserves to be "killed by fire", it's Planes.

Planes is the biggest pile of garbage Disney has made and Frozen is nowhere near it's level.
Well, you're not wrong.

View attachment 52460
Hey guys, what's happening in here--

View attachment 52461
What? You don't like the fire? Well, that's to bad isn't it? You know what I think?

ARCFIRE!!!

Yoooooo, guys
http://gematsu.com/2015/05/fire-emblem-if-changes-up-the-weapon-triangle
News on the weapons durability thing;
"As previously reported, weapon durability is no longer present in Fire Emblem If. But the disadvantages of this are that the stronger the weapon, the larger the unit’s disadvantage in terms of abilities. For example, the Bronze Sword has no chance of landing a Critical hit, but has +10 Critical evasion, while the stronger Steel Sword has -5 evasion and makes it hard to use a Pursuit attack. Only staffs restrict the amount of times they can be used"
New weapon triangle:
"The Weapon Triangle, which has been a mainstay in the Fire Emblem series since 1996, will see a reform in the upcoming Fire Emblem If for 3DS, the latest issue of Famitsu reveals. Instead of the standard swords over axes over lances, it’s been changed to swords and magic, over axes and bows, over lances and dark weapons"
Also new classes:
  • Maid
  • Butler
  • Great Butler
  • Shinobi
Wait, what?

I'm not sure I'm going to like 'If' all that much...
Why's that?

Oh hey how'd this get here?

Anyway, in commemoration of the Robin Social Thread hitting OVER 900! pages, AND it being my Birthday today, I made this!

Happy Birthday :happysheep:.

Also, I think @The Dorf Patrol is going to love that picture.

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
So anybody find it odd that Joker is recruitable on both routes even though he appears on the Hoshido boxart? At least I know Gunter (Purple-haired Jegan dude) does too and he appears on the Nohr boxart.

Shaymikyu

Wait, JOKER IS RECRUITABLE IN BOTH!?

NOHR HERE I COME.

But the world map is still tempting me...

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I now feel obligated to make my first Kamui similar to my Robin (and hopefully actual glasses now).

I need to get Tomodachi Life... But I was going to get Bravely Default... Why must Nintendo make it hard?:cry:
If you get Tomodachi Life, then you can marry Random Hot Guy and have kids too!

Shaymikyu

If you get Tomodachi Life, then you can marry Random Hot Guy and have kids too!
I plan on getting both eventually, but it's a question of which I'll get first since I need some money left over on the eShop for :4lucas: and other SSB DLC.

Is TL like Animal Crossing where you have to play it every single day? Also, can you design your own Miis in the game?

Maybe I can sweet talk my mom into grabbing me another eShop card when she picks up Wario... Maybe.

Top Bottom