• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
As for cases 2 and 3, I found them to be OK. Nothing too extraordinary, but they weren't bad like Case 3 in Justice for All.
Yeah, nothing spectacular there, just some decent filler. The fifth case is the best in the game by some distance. Not quite as strong as 2-4 in my opinion, but still near the top.

The Tiger

As for Godot, yeah he's pretty damn cool in my opinion.
How can he not be with this theme?

I wonder why he hates Wright so much...

I guess I will find out in the final case.
The final case is what makes Godot, really. It ties everything together pretty well, and is a fitting end to Phoenix's story (at least, it should have been...)

All morning my For Glory run has been nothing but Austrians.

I have no idea why.
Any of them any good? I'm almost beginning to doubt the existence of decent European players who don't spam rolls and taunt every KO like it's going out of fashion... There are a few, but as per usual with FG they're few and far between.

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978

Oh hey how'd this get here?

Anyway, in commemoration of the Robin Social Thread hitting OVER 900! pages, AND it being my Birthday today, I made this!

Happy Birthday, man.

How can he not be with this theme?
"Darker than the moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself that is coffee."

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
That's it. Kamui and him are marrying. You can't stop me.

And Joker, you say?

"Do you wanna know how I got these scars?"

"Uh... your father gave them to you?"

"No. I was chased by an army of rabid fangirls. They clawed through my clothes just to feel my body. To this day, I still have nightmares from that traumatic event."

"...Was there a girl with green hair wearing glas-"

"Enough! We are to never discuss this ever again!"

"I'll take that as a yes."

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Any of them any good? I'm almost beginning to doubt the existence of decent European players who don't spam rolls and taunt every KO like it's going out of fashion... There are a few, but as per usual with FG they're few and far between.
Eh, there was a Toon Link player that I thought was ok, he just couldn't figure out how to get me to stop moving around so he could get a KO. There was also an Olimar player that did exactly what you said, lol. Back rolls, side Bs, Fsmashes, and a taunt after he KO'd. He left when I beat him.

By the way, @redfeatherraven and other Pikachu enthusiasts:

On June 18th, we will will show a 1 hour special double feature! It’s called the “Pocket Monsters XY Pikachu the Movie 1 Hour Special”!!

This special will have a mass outbreak of Pikachu!?
And not only that, it will also have the TV debut of the Cosplay Pikachu, which debuted in the video games “Pocket Monsters Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire”, released last year!!
The Pikachu dressed up in these various costumes are sure to be a hit in the anime as well!

So, here’s a bit of exclusive information to those of you reading this:

“Pikachu Becomes a Star!? Its Movie Debut!!”
“How to Pikachu the Movie! All Right! Action!!”
“The Thunderclap Hero! Super Pikachu!!”
“Pikachu’s Thrilling Failure Award”

“An old man that loves Pikachu chooses Ash’s Pikachu to star in the movie he’s producing! But during the shooting, there’s a massive outbreak of Pikachu? In the end, Pikachu’s movie for Pikachu by Pikachu is complete… or so you’d think, but there’s not enough people on the production staff, so they can’t finish the story! But then, Satoshi rises to the task!”

Cosplay Pikachu. Cosplay Pikachu everywhere.

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
Hey, i know this isn't the place for this but, can someone answer this question?
Eh, there was a Toon Link player that I thought was ok, he just couldn't figure out how to get me to stop moving around so he could get a KO. There was also an Olimar player that did exactly what you said, lol. Back rolls, side Bs, Fsmashes, and a taunt after he KO'd. He left when I beat him.

On June 18th, we will will show a 1 hour special double feature! It’s called the “Pocket Monsters XY Pikachu the Movie 1 Hour Special”!!

This special will have a mass outbreak of Pikachu!?
And not only that, it will also have the TV debut of the Cosplay Pikachu, which debuted in the video games “Pocket Monsters Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire”, released last year!!
The Pikachu dressed up in these various costumes are sure to be a hit in the anime as well!

So, here’s a bit of exclusive information to those of you reading this:

“Pikachu Becomes a Star!? Its Movie Debut!!”
“How to Pikachu the Movie! All Right! Action!!”
“The Thunderclap Hero! Super Pikachu!!”
“Pikachu’s Thrilling Failure Award”

“An old man that loves Pikachu chooses Ash’s Pikachu to star in the movie he’s producing! But during the shooting, there’s a massive outbreak of Pikachu? In the end, Pikachu’s movie for Pikachu by Pikachu is complete… or so you’d think, but there’s not enough people on the production staff, so they can’t finish the story! But then, Satoshi rises to the task!”

By the way, @redfeatherraven and other Pikachu enthusiasts:

Cosplay Pikachu. Cosplay Pikachu everywhere.
That sounds very, very, interesting to say the least.

Last edited:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Me hopes that Nintendo decides to share more information regarding If and #FE during their E3 event, we know a good amount about the former but we know practically nothing about the latter. I'm just curious about how the collaboration will go about.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I asked my island in Tomodachi Life what side will they be choosing.

Here are the results.

I am surprised to find that he decided to go with Hoshido.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Okay, now I asked my island the most important question. Do they support St. Garon or not?

Support is the left. Against is the right. The answer was obvious.

I must show the eight who went against St. Garon the error of their ways.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Mfw when you have really good games, get legitimately read, and lose at last stock last hit.

Mfw when the guy who wins tags REKT and LOSER and leaves.

Mfw I want to legitimately punch a kitten.

Last edited:

Matsushi

True Blood
Mfw when you have really good games, get legitimately read, and lose at last stock last hit.

Ah man, this brings me back to that one occasion on For Glory when I had a few matches with this dude who was pretty good. The final match, I lost because he had fairly outplayed me, but then he tags "REKT" and "FRAUD" and I was like ?????

like seriously people who insult others on FG just need to pet a dog

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer

So FG is just being typical FG then?
I just shrug them off at this point. The only one that actually annoyed me was when I got someone who's supposed to be one of the top players in Ireland. Almost beat him as Marth, then switched to ZSS and won, before getting legitimately beaten on the last stock close to time in the third game. Got greeted with a "ZeroSkill" back at the lobby, and the guy left straight after.

There was also one Ness who I beat pretty soundly for about five straight games, then he got me with a lucky PK Flash. "SHREKT" Two elevators and d-taunts in the next game shut him up pretty quick. :troll:

Last edited:

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
For Glory is a toxic environment...
To a degree. You just have to acknowledge and get over the fact that half the people playing just want to kick your ass and make you look stupid, and that if you give them anything less, they'll rage quit.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
That's why I play For Fun :)

For Glory is okay in short doses or if you don't take it too seriously.

Matsushi

True Blood
That's why I play For Fun :)

For Glory is okay in short doses or if you don't take it too seriously.
Yeah, I hang about in For Fun as well most of the time. The only time I play For Glory is for MU experience or to just learn new things. :halfsheep:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
I honestly never found For Glory toxic in any way but I suppose that just means I get lucky with respectful opponents. I even get complimented sometimes by my opponents. Only thing I get annoyed with is when people leave right after the first round, regardless of if they win or lose. Main reason why I stopped was because I feel like I was picking up bad habits by playing For Glory players often.

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
I play FG because I have no other way to get practical knowledge of MUs fast. Unfortunately I seem to get more :4falcon:,:4mario:,:4ness:,:4zss: experience than I would like. Though I do get a lot of decent opponents actually who play a lot of matches with me. Speaking of FG, the recent conquest reminds me of this little comic.
Shulk and Peach better be happy. My Ike is putting in work in our conquest.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I play For Glory only because they have an actual 1-on-1 mode that For Fun should really have as well.

I usually get a few laughs due to good wins or feel disgusted due to trash-tier randoms who like to utilize spam tactics and use name tags when they lose or when I mess up (*u* )

Last edited:

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
I hope nobody is nitpicking the weapon triangle change. It's still the same, but adds another weapon type on each side. Unless, you really like that magic triangle or something. Although, it's nice to see Radiant Dawn knives return (and adds shuriken I guess?) with a new niche.

Oh and the Soldier class is back!

Last edited:

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Counter is perhaps the most overrated move of all time. It's predictable as ****, it's laggy as ****, and consequently punishable as ****. I don't know why people freak out over it and call it OP.

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Oh and the Soldier class is back!
This was all I needed. Thank you IS :colorful:

I've only had one instance in For Glory where my opponent was pretty disrespectful, but otherwise, it's usually my to-go place to play Smash when no one's around.

Last edited:

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
My Marth will lead the Greninja team to the glory of second place! :4marth:

not that any of our efforts matter, since the infinite FG Macs will win it anyway by the combined force of all the 2 points they gain for each loss :4littlemac:
It is a shame that Marth and Ike are in seperate teams. We would have crushed the opposition. Not even the infamous Mr. side b off stage would have stopped us.

Seriously Mac is one of my favourite MUs. I have crushed a lot of Mac on my path to radiance but I have recently fought the scariest Mac there is. One who knew about Roll canceled K.O punch. I almost lost it when he pulled that off. I still won but wow that gave me nightmares. That Mac knew what he was doing.

*5 Hours Later*
Olimar: They still at it?
Ganon: *looks up from 3DS* Yep.
You know Ganny you can just Flame Choke them to death. Hugs Flame Choke for everyone.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I remember fighting a guy named Roy on For Glory who encouraged me to keep playing even after I admitted I didn't know what I was doing, and right before leaving, he started the game, ambled about for a moment and then SD'd twice, and before leaving, changed his tag to "YOUWON".

That in itself renewed my faith in For Glory.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I play FG because I have no other way to get practical knowledge of MUs fast. Unfortunately I seem to get more :4falcon:,:4mario:,:4ness:,:4zss: experience than I would like. Though I do get a lot of decent opponents actually who play a lot of matches with me. Speaking of FG, the recent conquest reminds me of this little comic.
Shulk and Peach better be happy. My Ike is putting in work in our conquest.
Please tell me the conquest is named 'Counter-Strike'. :laugh:

:231:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I remember fighting a guy named Roy on For Glory who encouraged me to keep playing even after I admitted I didn't know what I was doing, and right before leaving, he started the game, ambled about for a moment and then SD'd twice, and before leaving, changed his tag to "YOUWON".

That in itself renewed my faith in For Glory.
You could say...

that Roy's your boy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom