• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Uh, what's all this talk about the Joker?

oh, well in that case I see why I didn't get. Still need to play FE4.
He was confirmed to be in If. And only Gerome can stop him.
This guy is named Joker and the Butler class.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I plan on getting both eventually, but it's a question of which I'll get first since I need some money left over on the eShop for :4lucas: and other SSB DLC.

Is TL like Animal Crossing where you have to play it every single day? Also, can you design your own Miis in the game?

Maybe I can sweet talk my mom into grabbing me another eShop card when she picks up Wario... Maybe.
I found this on Tinycatridge.

In Tomodachi Collection:
  • You oversee a community built entirely from Miis you elect to import – no one lives in your town unless you put them there.
  • You do not directly control any on-screen character. Rather, you watch the Miis live and interact with each other, offering advice or help as needed. Even your Mii is an independent character.
  • The town is pre-arranged. New locations unlock based on your progress re: the residents (how many there are, how many problems you solve, etc)
  • You are constantly making money just by interacting with the Miis. Say a Mii tells you “I’m hungry.” You buy food, give it to the Mii. If he or she likes it, you get money. If he or she REALLY likes it, you might also get a gift. Gifts can be items meant to be used or treasures for collecting.
  • The game doesn’t have the sheer breadth of stuff that Animal Crossing includes, but it has more potential characters to play with since you choose who lives in the town
  • It’s strictly single-player. Streetpass/Spotpass does get you more items in stores, though.

As for the other stuff, There's more randomness in Tomodachi Life than in Animal Crossing. You can't make a mii friends with another if you feel like it. You either have to wait if one of them wants to be friends with them, or they have a mutual friend. Miis won't decide to leave the island if you don't play it for a period of time. You only really miss out on the daily island donations, birthday news, and whatever items spawn in the food, clothing, hats, and apartment shops if you skip a day.

The game does indeed have its own Mii Maker so you don't have to create a bunch of Miis on the one on the 3DS menu to send to Tomodachi Life. You could import Miis from the Mii Maker and also scan Miis from QR Codes. If you want to edit the ones from the Mii Maker or QR Codes though, make sure copying is enabled.

I had the game since June and I still play it daily. More so than Animal Crossing.

Shaymikyu

In Tomodachi Collection:
  • You oversee a community built entirely from Miis you elect to import – no one lives in your town unless you put them there.
  • You do not directly control any on-screen character. Rather, you watch the Miis live and interact with each other, offering advice or help as needed. Even your Mii is an independent character.
  • The town is pre-arranged. New locations unlock based on your progress re: the residents (how many there are, how many problems you solve, etc)
  • You are constantly making money just by interacting with the Miis. Say a Mii tells you “I’m hungry.” You buy food, give it to the Mii. If he or she likes it, you get money. If he or she REALLY likes it, you might also get a gift. Gifts can be items meant to be used or treasures for collecting.
  • The game doesn’t have the sheer breadth of stuff that Animal Crossing includes, but it has more potential characters to play with since you choose who lives in the town
  • It’s strictly single-player. Streetpass/Spotpass does get you more items in stores, though.

As for the other stuff, There's more randomness in Tomodachi Life than in Animal Crossing. You can't make a mii friends with another if you feel like it. You either have to wait if one of them wants to be friends with them, or they have a mutual friend. Miis won't decide to leave the island if you don't play it for a period of time. You only really miss out on the daily island donations, birthday news, and whatever items spawn in the food, clothing, hats, and apartment shops if you skip a day.

The game does indeed have its own Mii Maker so you don't have to create a bunch of Miis on the one on the 3DS menu to send to Tomodachi Life. You could import Miis from the Mii Maker and also scan Miis from QR Codes. If you want to edit the ones from the Mii Maker or QR Codes though, make sure copying is enabled.

I had the game since June and I still play it daily. More so than Animal Crossing.
I've seen some people playing it and it looks like a blast. And that's good to know- it makes me want the game more, then. I love AC, but I can never keep it up.

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
Butlers presumably use knives and other "Hidden Weapons". Although, Joker looks like he's holding a sword. To me, Joker looks like he's already in a promoted class, but apparently not if there's also "Great Butler" (that name might be a translation error though).

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I bet the Butler class will be slapping people with the Ladle weapon in the game. Or we add a new weapon type: METAL PLATES!
Oh. Idea!

Name the avatar Alfred and change him to butler class then unlock Gerorne as DLC or what ever and pair them up. XD

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I've seen some people playing it and it looks like a blast. And that's good to know- it makes me want the game more, then. I love AC, but I can never keep it up.
You'll have a fun time with Tomodachi Life. You can have celebrity Miis on your island like Billy Mays for example.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Random thought: the Magicant/Eight Melodies remix in Sm4sh never fails to make me tear up. It sounds like something you'd hear in the credits of a Mother movie.

Imagine that Eight Melodies bit playing at the very end of the credits when all the dramatic pieces in the credits is done and the credits are getting to the copyrights and the logo. ;~;

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Random thought: the Magicant/Eight Melodies remix in Sm4sh never fails to make me tear up. It sounds like something you'd hear in the credits of a Mother movie.

Imagine that Eight Melodies bit playing at the very end of the credits when all the dramatic pieces in the credits is done and the credits are getting to the copyrights and the logo. ;~;
Same here.:crying:

And the specific key it's in is obviously a nod to this:
You'll have a fun time with Tomodachi Life. You can have celebrity Miis on your island like Billy Mays for example.
Morgan, Shulk, Joker/Random Hot Guy, and Lucas, together on the same island.:eek:

No Riki thought since he's not humanish enough.:c
This has all been confirmed already: http://serenesforest.net/2015/05/19/fire-emblem-21st-may-famitsu-leak-weapon-triangle-revamped/

Great Butler was unfortunately a mistranslation; the correct class is Great Knight.
DON'T RUIN MY DREAMS.

Frederick has a butler-ish vibe to him anyway.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

It was actually one of the ones I was considering last summer when I had eShop money, but I ended up going for another game. One I'm sure you all have never heard of.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Ooo. Tomodachi Life talk. I'm in.

In Tomodachi Collection:

The only bit I have to add to this is the surrealist humor throughout, which truly can't be emphasized enough.

It's what I came for more than anything, and I wasn't disappointed.

Your Miis might comment on you being gone for a while if you gotta be - stuff like "I haven't seen you in forever" and the like - but that's about it.

Most things cycle through so frequently that if you don't get it one day you can catch it on the next pass. The exceptions give you plenty of time to acquire them; for example Seasonals, which you have a few months to get your hands on.

Do be warned that the game doesn't tolerate time travel in the least and will freeze your shops if you attempt it.

No Riki thought since he's not humanish enough.
Didn't stop this guy.

Shaymikyu

Ooo. Tomodachi Life talk. I'm in.

The only bit I have to add to this is the surrealist humor throughout, which truly can't be emphasized enough.

It's what I came for more than anything, and I wasn't disappointed.

Your Miis might comment on you being gone for a while if you gotta be - stuff like "I haven't seen you in forever" and the like - but that's about it.

Most things cycle through so frequently that if you don't get it one day you can catch it on the next pass. The exceptions give you plenty of time to acquire them; for example Seasonals, which you have a few months to get your hands on.

Do be warned that the game doesn't tolerate time travel in the least and will freeze your shops if you attempt it.

Didn't stop this guy.

I will make that Mii.:surprised:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Can someone answer this question?
Is Tomodachi life good?

Because there have been some reviews to say that it isn't that great.

Also the Mii's voices sound terrible.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Can someone answer this question?
Is Tomodachi life good?

Because there have been some reviews to say that it isn't that great.

Also the Mii's voices sound terrible.
It depends on what it is you're coming in for.

If you're interested in the emergent behaviors at work, you'll be amused. It also depends partly on who you populate your island with (the more attached or reverent you are of the population, the more you'll enjoy the island), and how amused you are by random social interactions in general (if you find yourself gossiping with any frequency, that's a good sign). And of course, if you resonate with the sense of humor the game has, you'll be in heaven.

Conversely, if you want to take direct action on the world, you'll be disappointed; your only real control is in choosing who to populate the island with, veto power on relationships, and what items you give the Miis (with varying results; while they'll retain whatever room decor you choose for them, they will choose their own wardrobe from their preferences and whatever they have available). You are far more spectator than player in this game. And it does eventually get somewhat repetitive, though it takes a while.

Speaking of Mii's, do you know any good Young Link or Finn the Human Mii's?
Not off the top of my head, but I know where to look. Outside of Google, try Tumblr. Between the two of them I haven't been let down so far. Just make sure you throw "QR codes" or "Mii" somewhere in the search.

If I come across any myself in the meanwhile I'll let you know.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Conversely, if you want to take direct action on the world, you'll be disappointed [...] You are far more spectator than player in this game.
This is what puts me off the game (plus the fact I tried the special demo that comes with the New 3DS, and didn't particularly care for it). I also have a copy of The Sims lying around somewhere - that gives you a bit more control over the characters, so that covers me for these sorts of games anyway (though I barely use that either).

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Speaking of Mii's, do you know any good Young Link or Finn the Human Mii's?
Are there any on MiiCharacters that peeks your interest for Finn (and anyone else from Adventure Time)?

The ones with Link. If copying is enabled for any of them, you should be able to adjust their height and weight.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
It depends on what it is you're coming in for.

If you're interested in the emergent behaviors at work, you'll be amused. It also depends partly on who you populate your island with (the more attached or reverent you are of the population, the more you'll enjoy the island), and how amused you are by random social interactions in general (if you find yourself gossiping with any frequency, that's a good sign). And of course, if you resonate with the sense of humor the game has, you'll be in heaven.

Conversely, if you want to take direct action on the world, you'll be disappointed; your only real control is in choosing who to populate the island with, veto power on relationships, and what items you give the Miis (with varying results; while they'll retain whatever room decor you choose for them, they will choose their own wardrobe from their preferences and whatever they have available). You are far more spectator than player in this game. And it does eventually get somewhat repetitive, though it takes a while.
Hm, I don't think that sounds like my type of game. I still might get ti, but I don't know if I will enjoy it.

Not off the top of my head, but I know where to look. Outside of Google, try Tumblr. Between the two of them I haven't been let down so far. Just make sure you throw "QR codes" or "Mii" somewhere in the search.

If I come across any myself in the meanwhile I'll let you know.
Are there any on MiiCharacters that peeks your interest for Finn (and anyone else from Adventure Time)?

The ones with Link. If copying is enabled for any of them, you should be able to adjust their height and weight.
Okay, i'll give these places a look, though from memory, the Finn Mii's I have seen haven't been that great. Still look though. Thanks :)

The BEST class, that's what!

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
This is what puts me off the game (plus the fact I tried the special demo that comes with the New 3DS, and didn't particularly care for it). I also have a copy of The Sims lying around somewhere - that gives you a bit more control over the characters, so that covers me for these sorts of games anyway (though I barely use that either).
True dat. Nintendo hardware in general has a distinct lack of games in this genre that give you direct or direct-ish control of the characters.

Didn't think of those. God, it's been awhile since I looked around.

Will sell body for Macca.

Need..... more.... demons. MUST FUSE STRONGER DEMONS.
Feel you there, homie.

I've taken to keeping roughly half of max inventory for all my items, and selling the rest zealously. Keeps me funded pretty decently for fusions, but I don't know how well that strategy translates to the one you're playing.

Hm, I don't think that sounds like my type of game. I still might get ti, but I don't know if I will enjoy it.
The best advice I can offer is to watch someone else play the game for a bit. Few explanations do it justice; it'll either click or it won't.

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
Don't forget Gunter will follow you too...and Suzukaze...

Also, I hope there will be female butlers...although I don't think Intelligent Systems has the guts to do male maids.

Top Bottom