• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I have yet to see Frozen.

I'm honestly not a big fan of musical movies but ones like Repo: the Genetic Opera are an exception.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Looks like people are talking Disney Pixar... now there's a discussion I can get in on.

Cars 2 was awesome. At least in my opinion. Monsters University is ok. Also just in my opinion. I'm pretty sure it's the reverse for everybody else though. :p

Brave was disappointing.
don't kill me

Agreed.

I actually liked some of the old Disney sequels though. So I guess you could say I'm biased. :p

With you all the way. Just add Hercules.
And subtract Dumbo. I can't stand elephants. The first person to bring out the elephant GIFs will be Falcon Punched at sunrise.
I liked Brave, but I only though it was okay.

How could I forget Hercules? Hades top tier Disney villain! (Eat your heart out Maleficent)

(technically it's not a gif, it's a jpeg :cool:)

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
You act like the Avengers has a highly cerebral plot...
No, the plot is no complicated however if you go from Avengers 1 straight to 2, you will be left confuse as to some of the things that happen or why they are happening. For that matter I would say, unfortunately, watch Iron Man 3 as well just to cover it all.

Two things about that.

1.) You missed a perfectly good opportunity to say "melted by fire."
*shrugs* I think the mention of fire is enough.

2.) I disagree and think that Frozen is one of the best movies Disney has produced in recent years.

Frozen was amazing.

I don't even care what anyone says.

Elsa is amazing.

Ok, I'll be honest. I don't find Frozen that bad of a movie. In fact I some what enjoyed it. But when people start sing THAT song over, and over and over and OVER AGAIN, it start to get really annoying really fast. I mean, come on! How the hell did and karaoke version of 'Let it go' become the most watch youtube video of 2014 or whatever year it was!
You know what you should do with that hate? I know you do...
What? What should I do with all this hate?

What's with all the Frozen hate? Just let it go guys. pls don't kill me for making that joke
Say that joke again. I dare you. I double dog dare you.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
No doubt my favorite thing out of Devil Survivor 2, fittingly, my favorite character from the first game is Naoya. Long live computer geniuses.

I refuse to read 11 pages
OMG @ Raziek Raziek changed avis???!!
he's been having that one since I started forming in a different forum
I actually used this one for a looooooong time before I started running my other one for a while. I've run like.... only those 2 avatars since Devil Survivor 2 originally came out.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
This is a rather random remark but, if there's one thing I don't quite like about using the gamepad in smash 4, it's that the have the trigger buttons as 'A' and "B." I can't tell you how many times I've backed out of/selected a menu just because I set my gamepad down on my bed or something. It's a little annoying and I wish there was a way to turn it off.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
tfw this thread is going slightly faster than the Zelda social

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
2) Never, ever, ever, EVER watch Frozen. It deserves to be killed by fire!
I actually do plan on seeing that at some point. Sorry.

OMG @ Raziek Raziek changed avis???!!
He did?

In other news, I've been playing Saint's Row The Third. And yes, I've done the best that I can to base my character off Lucina. And you're damn straight I'm using Laura's Baily for it (duh).

If I wasn't about to pass out, I'd take and post a Screenshot. The hair is kind of difficult though... It's lacking a good style that comes close.

I'll post it later today (it is 2 AM here). So after I sleep and stuff.

Ok, I'll be honest. I don't find Frozen that bad of a movie. In fact I some what enjoyed it. But when people start sing THAT song over, and over and over and OVER AGAIN, it start to get really annoying really fast. I mean, come on! How the hell did and karaoke version of 'Let it go' become the most watch youtube video of 2014 or whatever year it was!
You wanna know what you do with Frozen?

On Halloween, take a shot every time Elsa comes to the door.

From what I heard, the Halloween after the movie was released, that could put you under the table in under half an hour.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
#StopMotionMasterRace

Seriously though, I love stop-motion films. Nightmare Before Christmas and Coraline are some of my favorite films of all time.
RedArremer.gif

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Meanwhile I appear to be the only one besides @ Antonykun Antonykun that cares that @ Raziek Raziek changed his avatar for once.

Two things about that.

1.) You missed a perfectly good opportunity to say "melted by fire."

2.) I disagree and think that Frozen is one of the best movies Disney has produced in recent years.

And my reaction images are the most stolen of all. :p

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Finally caught up, holy hell.

I got a few more bits to add when I get home but for now, here's all the stuff I'm dredging up from the last...ten pages? Ten pages.
I swear, I tried to keep it simple.

I finally got Fire Emblem: Awakening~!

Been playing it for the past couple of days~

It's amazing! ;w;
Kitsune sighting!

Godspeed and keep us posted, you're in for a ride.

Why has no one else mentioned Age of Ultiron? It's a disney movie.
Though technically you're correct since Disney now owns Marvel, Marvel operates mostly autonomously from Disney and most people mentally separate the two. Thus the Avengers series doesn't seem to most people as a Disney movie so much as a Marvel movie.

Repo: the Genetic Opera
That musical made me want to punt something fluffy and adorable off a ten-story building.

Don't bother with the torches and pitchforks, I've got Fire Drain & Phys Repel set as passive skills.
For someone still running through SMTIV this is much funnier than it should be, thank you.
That said I run Antichthon for just such an occasion.

#StopMotionMasterRace

Seriously though, I love stop-motion films. Nightmare Before Christmas and Coraline are some of my favorite films of all time.
Yes.

Yes.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
If anything deserves to be "killed by fire", it's Planes.
Planes is the biggest pile of garbage Disney has made and Frozen is nowhere near it's level.
I haven't seen it. I haven't even finished the first Cars movie because it was so boring.
Like, the fact that Cars got a sequel and a spin-off before The Incredibles is insulting.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Yoooooo, guys
http://gematsu.com/2015/05/fire-emblem-if-changes-up-the-weapon-triangle
News on the weapons durability thing;
"As previously reported, weapon durability is no longer present in Fire Emblem If. But the disadvantages of this are that the stronger the weapon, the larger the unit’s disadvantage in terms of abilities. For example, the Bronze Sword has no chance of landing a Critical hit, but has +10 Critical evasion, while the stronger Steel Sword has -5 evasion and makes it hard to use a Pursuit attack. Only staffs restrict the amount of times they can be used"
New weapon triangle:
"The Weapon Triangle, which has been a mainstay in the Fire Emblem series since 1996, will see a reform in the upcoming Fire Emblem If for 3DS, the latest issue of Famitsu reveals. Instead of the standard swords over axes over lances, it’s been changed to swords and magic, over axes and bows, over lances and dark weapons"
Also new classes:
  • Maid
  • Butler
  • Great Butler
  • Shinobi

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm not sure I'm going to like 'If' all that much...

Last edited:

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
Yoooooo, guys
"As previously reported, weapon durability is no longer present in Fire Emblem If. But the disadvantages of this are that the stronger the weapon, the larger the unit’s disadvantage in terms of abilities. For example, the Bronze Sword has no chance of landing a Critical hit, but has +10 Critical evasion, while the stronger Steel Sword has -5 evasion and makes it hard to use a Pursuit attack. Only staffs restrict the amount of times they can be used"
New weapon triangle:
"The Weapon Triangle, which has been a mainstay in the Fire Emblem series since 1996, will see a reform in the upcoming Fire Emblem If for 3DS, the latest issue of Famitsu reveals. Instead of the standard swords over axes over lances, it’s been changed to swords and magic, over axes and bows, over lances and dark weapons"
Also new classes:
  • Maid
  • Butler
  • Great Butler
  • Shinobi
Are Maid, Butler, and GREAT Butler really classes?

D

Deleted member

Yoooooo, guys
New weapon triangle:
Also new classes:
  • Maid
  • Butler
  • Great Butler
  • Shinobi
Why does Butler get a (presumed) promotion when Maid doesn't?

I need my Uber Felicia DAMMIT.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Why does Butler get a (presumed) promotion when Maid doesn't?

I need my Uber Felicia DAMMIT.
I think it's likelier there hasn't been a picture of the maid promoted class rather than there being not a promotion at all. Kinda glad at least they also gave males a servant-esque class counterpart, it's only fair. Although I can't look at butlers without remembering Hayate, and I hate that anime ._.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
So does this mean the return of weapon weight, or just other stat changes attached to the weapon?
I think it's more stat changes attached to weapon, critical rates are involved with luck and not so much weight/speed, right?
At least the way it's written makes it sound that way.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I think it's more stat changes attached to weapon, critical rates are involved with luck and not so much weight/speed, right?
At least the way it's written makes it sound that way.
The steel sword mentioned evasion and pursuit (double attacks), which are tied to speed.
That said, weapon weight hasn't been in the last few games, so I'm not sure they'd bring it back now.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Yoooooo, guys
New weapon triangle:
Also new classes:
  • Maid
  • Butler
  • Great Butler
  • Shinobi
Random Hot Guy's class confirmed to be Butler/Great Butler.

I guess his name might be Joker. Assuming him and the purple-haired man in the box arts are from the Butler class line.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Happy birthday @ Zantetsugun Zantetsugun !

I didn't mention this, but I've been playing Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations.
I found it interesting how you control Mia in Cases 1 and 4 and how they connect with each other, apparently the 5th is connected to them suggested by how the 4th case ended.

As for cases 2 and 3, I found them to be OK. Nothing too extraordinary, but they weren't bad like Case 3 in Justice for All.
If I do have a complaint, it's that the killers are obvious.
Case 2: Luke Atemy obviously looks evil. I knew that he had to be the killer or the main cause of the crime in some way.
Case 3: They showed that the killer was a fake Phoenix Wright. When The Tiger showed up, I knew that he was the killer (though I had suspicions on the creepy girl).

The first Phoenix Wright game also did this as well.
[collapse=First game spoilers?!]Except with Case 4, I kinda didn't think von Karma was the killer.

I like how in Justice for All how, except for the first case, the game kept you guessing on who the killer was. When you exposed them, it becomes an utter shock to you because you didn't think it was going to be them.

As for Godot, yeah he's pretty damn cool in my opinion. I wonder why he hates Wright so much...

I guess I will find out in the final case.[/collapse]

And speaking of Wright, I bought UMvC3, which I will get on Thursday! :D ...But I can't play it because a cord to my AC adapter mysteriously vanished and Microsoft will ship it to me within... 10 days. *sigh* My only worry is the Red Ring. :(

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
AND it being my Birthday today,

Happy birthday person of Robin Social Thread.

I haven't seen Up. Or Frozen. Or Wall-E. Or any Batman movie. Or the Avengers. Or damn near any movie released after 2006.

Don't bother with the torches and pitchforks, I've got Fire Drain & Phys Repel set as passive skills.
Nothing wrong with that. I don't see movies too often anymore honestly. It's easier for me to be invested in games.
This.

I've seen like 1 movie a year since 2004. MAYBE two a couple of years.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Yoooooo, guys
New weapon triangle:
Also new classes:
  • Maid
  • Butler
  • Great Butler
  • Shinobi
FIGHTING BUTLERS. TAKE MY MONEY IS.

Oh hey how'd this get here?

Anyway, in commemoration of the Robin Social Thread hitting OVER 900! pages, AND it being my Birthday today, I made this!

Happy birthday!
Random Hot Guy's class confirmed to be Butler/Great Butler.

I guess his name might be Joker. Assuming him and the purple-haired man in the box arts are from the Butler class line.
That's it. Kamui and him are marrying. You can't stop me.

And Joker, you say?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
With you all the way. Just add Hercules.
And subtract Dumbo. I can't stand elephants.
The first person to bring out the elephant GIFs will be Falcon Punched at sunrise.
How could you do this to me? :sadsheep:
/jk

EDIT: Happy Birthday, Zantetsugun!

:231:

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
All morning my For Glory run has been nothing but Austrians.

I have no idea why.

As for If, Bronze weapons lacking a critical hit rates was already done with Radiant Dawn, and is the reason why one can theoretically get all of the Dawn Brigade to Tier 3 before the end of Part 1 (which I actually did, lol. I was bored). I am intrigued by how the other weapons will be edited though.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Has anybody here played the Shantae games?
While I don't believe that the tweet that made the SmashBoards news earlier was anything more than a playful quip, it did remind me to stock up on her games before I leave for hamster-in-a-wheel-for-internets-vocational college again.

I decided that I'll skip the first game. It seems like a good game, especially on the GBC, but the limited controls and constant clunky switching between forms look like they'd grind my gears a bit too fast. Also I've seen a complete LP for it. I might get it just to support wayforward a bit more later down the road if I like Risky's Revenge and Pirate's Curse enough.

Happy Birthday @ Zantetsugun Zantetsugun !

Top Bottom