• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
My top 5 Pixar films and I'm too lazy to explain:
1. Up
2. The Incredibles
3. Finding Nemo
4. Monsters Inc.
5. Toy Story 3

I still need to see Ratatouille (and a few others, but mainly that one).

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Toy Story 3 is honestly the only movie to have made me cry although as @ Matsushi Matsushi was getting at, the beginning of Up was incredibly hard-hitting. You can't even prepare for it. It all happens so fast.

In terms of games though, there's Crisis Core, which is not even a spoiler.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Hi all! I was summoned again.

No promises on my alert box keeping up with you all. It's my finals/EOC's week still, after all.

Last edited:

Matsushi

True Blood
>tfw Pixar movies are talked about without me being tagged
I KNEW THIS WAS MISSING SOMETHING
Toy Story 3 is honestly the only movie to have made me cry although as @ Matsushi Matsushi was getting at, the beginning of Up was incredibly hard-hitting. You can't even prepare for it. It all happens so fast.

In terms of games though, there's Crisis Core, which is not even a spoiler.
It does happen so fast, and it's amazing how much a mere 10-15 minutes of a film can do so much. :emptysheep:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Since you all gave lists without me, I'll quote mine from the Disney thread.
PleasevisitItwouldbegratefulforthethreadcreatortoseesomemoreDisneyloversgatherandtoboosthisalreadyinflatedego
  1. Toy Story 2
  2. Toy Story
  3. The Incredibles
  4. Toy Story 3
  5. Up
  6. Wall-E
  7. Ratatouille
  8. Monsters, Inc.
  9. Finding Nemo
  10. A Bug's Life
  11. Monster's University
  12. Brave
  13. Cars
  14. Cars 2
Despite being an avid Toy Story fanatic, I didn't enjoy the 3rd as much as its predecessors. The motive for the toys ending up at Sunnyside still doesn't make any logical sense to me. But eh.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
If you haven't watched any Pixar film that isn't Cars of Cars 2, do us all a favor and perform the following steps:
  1. Rethink your like goals
  2. Log out
  3. Watch the film
  4. Cry because of the emotions
  5. Log back in
  6. Report your opinions
There you go! :4pacman:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I never saw Up fully. Only the first 30 mintues because I watched it at highschool.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I have a confession to make:
I actually enjoyed the original Cars and i think it's better than Brave.
Now everything else that spawned from it can go die :4pacman:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
All these people who haven't seen Up yet, tsk tsk.

I remember watching both Up and Gran Torino in roughly the same time period so I was acting like a grump old man the entire week, haha. Doesn't help that I can totally see myself acting like that when I get to that age I admit.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Since you guys were talking about Pixar, I felt like posting an image of part of my Toy Story Collection. Sorry for the crappy iPad quality.
image.jpg

Rex kind of got cut off but he's still there.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I never really got into Cars. I saw the first one and I just thought it was meh.

Weeman

Smash Crusader

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Who did?!

I don't remember the poultry palace toy, ummmm...
wasn't he the villain of the third movie?
That's Mini Buzz's box. He's from the Toy Story short "Small Fry".

Not mine, but the toy I own is on the shelf directly below it.

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
I don't think I've seen enough Pixar movies to make good list but the incredibles will always have a special place in my heart. I don't watch many movies in general though.

D

Deleted member

I'm not too big on movies either. My friend is and she always watches them and tries to get me to watch a lot movies but I never really feel it. :4shulk:

D

Deleted member

I haven't seen a lot of movies to begin with nowadays...
I haven't seen Up... or Ratatouille... or even Wreck-It Ralph (and I know that wasn't made by Pixar).

I thought Finding Nemo was OK. I do love the original Toy Story trilogy (the first one... oh yes, that was a part of my childhood) and The Incredibles (pretty hyped for the sequel!).

And if we are talking about feelsy moments from games, the thing that always makes me go to tears is the final battle against the Shadow Queen from Paper Mario: TTYD. Just, the events preceding the final form where the Crystal Stars go to every single area of the game and you have beautiful music playing... that music just makes me want to cry and I have to fight back the tears.
FE:A didn't make me cry, but the build-up was just amazing for the final battle with sense of hopelessness for Robin, Id~Beginnings plays with everyone cheering for him, and then he comes back and Id~Purpose plays. Music plays a powerful role in creating emotion and that scene is a perfect example of that. That didn't make me cry, but damn it, it was amazing.
There was a point in Case 4 in Justice for All that made me sad. I won't spoil what it is, but I read some dialogue out-loud and... well... I noticed my voice became more sorrowful.
Lastly, there are some moments in Xenoblade Chronicles, but you should play the game to find out.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Speaking of Pixar and the like:

What are you guys looking forward to here? I'm personally excited about Alice in Wonderland: 2 (Through the Looking Glass?) and Moana.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
So apparently there are no Robin amiibos available in Australia, yet they are in New Zealand. Weird.

Oh you guys talking about Disney movies?

My absolute favourite has to be Avengers: Age of Ultron!

Oh, you talking about Pixar movies?

Well, I loved Toy Story

Cars was okayish

And Up, OMG, it is such a brilliant movie. For those of you who haven't seen it, watch ASAP, I mean

How can you not love this?

Yes. Yes you should. :p

Okay then I will-

*reads image*

??!

Top Bottom