• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Oh gosh, Monsters. Inc makes me cry everytime I watch it. Thus leading me to ask the question, what is your favourite Disney Pixar film if you've watched any? The Incredibles and Monsters. Inc are definitely up there with my all time favourites. :happysheep:
1. Toy Story(ALL OF THEM)
2. Monsters Inc
3. WALL-E
4. Up
5. Finding Nemo

Matsushi

True Blood
Hard to pick a single one.
So, time to rank them.

1. Toy Story 2/3
2. The Incredibles
3. Up
4. Toy Story
5. Monsters Inc.

Inside Out is Pixar, right? I can already tell it's going to be really good.
EDIT: The Cars movies rot at the lowest number on the list.
Cars is literally the only Pixar movie I haven't watched, purely because it didn't really appeal to me when I was younger. But yeah, Inside Out is Pixar! I'm really excited for that film, the characters look neato.
Probably Toy Story, Monsters Inc., Ratatouille, and Finding Nemo. My childhood right there. I watch them at least twice every year. (Usually more.)
I FORGOT RATATOUILLE. I think that has to be the funniest Pixar film out of them all! :emptysheep:
Favorite pixar film? I guess it would probably be the same as yours. :)

Also...just got back from the denist and half my face is numb...wheee....
Hell yeah! -high five-

And damn, that don't sound good. When I'm numbed, I find moving the mouth in circular motions really helpful in soothing the numbness.

1. Toy Story(ALL OF THEM)
2. Monsters Inc
3. WALL-E
4. Up
5. Finding Nemo

How could I forget WALL-E? That film makes me cri everytim

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Favorite Pixar films:
1. Frozen
2. Wreck it Ralph
3. Tangled
4. Big hero 6
5. Meet the Robinsons

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Oh gosh, Monsters. Inc makes me cry everytime I watch it. Thus leading me to ask the question, what is your favourite Disney Pixar film if you've watched any? The Incredibles and Monsters. Inc are definitely up there with my all time favourites. :happysheep:
I'd say either Wreck it Ralph or The Incredibles.

Toy Story is up there as well but I still haven't seen the 3rd one. Finding Nemo was good, but I've seen it so many times I'm almost sick of it.

Matsushi

True Blood
Favorite Pixar films:
1. Frozen
2. Wreck it Ralph
3. Tangled
4. Big hero 6
5. Meet the Robinsons
-high pitched screaming- gET OUT
I'd say either Wreck it Ralph or The Incredibles.

Toy Story is up there as well but I still haven't seen the 3rd one. Finding Nemo was good, but I've seen it so many times I'm almost sick of it.
I can so relate when it comes to Finding Nemo, I love the film, but yeah, I've watched it so. many. times. But it still makes me cri everytim

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
1. Toy Story
2. The Incredibles
3. Monster's Inc.
4. Finding Nemo
5. Wreck It Ralph

Matsushi

True Blood
I would ask which are your favourite DreamWorks films but I literally LOVE ALL OF THEM :halfsheep:
Oh my, you're absolutely right.
Then it would be:
1. Cars
2. Cars 2
3. Planes
4. Planes: Fire and Rescue
5. Boats: Electric Boogaloo
i just

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I can so relate when it comes to Finding Nemo, I love the film, but yeah, I've watched it so. many. times. But it still makes me cri everytim
I feel the same about Shrek yes I know it's not Pixar - it was massive when it first came out and after that it was just overplayed and overplayed until I could practically recite the entire movie's script verbatim on cue.

As for the actual question, I'mma have to say:

1. Toy Story 3

The ultimate "coming of age" story, told from the opposite perspective: the child has already grown up, and the world keeps on turning. It's a great tribute to young adults who actually grew up watching the Toy Story movies, and it really does make you want to find your old toys and give 'em a great big hug.

2. The Incredibles

Pixar did a superhero movie. And it was excellent.

3. Monsters, Inc.

Again, a very interesting twist on an old childhood concept, and it's just really creative and imaginative overall. And it has some genuinely feelsy moments without going over the top, which I love~

4. Toy Story

I haven't seen that many Pixar movies It's a classic! It's dated now, but when it was first released, it was cutting-edge stuff - and if you were a child in the late 90s / early 00s, you will know this movie like the back of your friggin' hand.

4. Wall-E

I LOVE ROBOTS. <3

5. Finding Nemo

Cute, funny, endearing and appropriately grim when it needs to be - not my favourite by any means, but it's a very good flick in its own right and definitely something that children and adults alike can have fun with.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The only scripts I can recite verbatim are from video games.
Specifically The Wolf Among Us @ Matsushi Matsushi ;)

2. The Incredibles
Pixar did a superhero movie. And it was excellent.
I think there's going to be a sequel. I don't remember if it's actually confirmed though. All of the want.

Last edited:

Matsushi

True Blood
The only scripts I can recite verbatim are from video games.
Specifically The Wolf Among Us @ Matsushi Matsushi ;)
Ah, The Wolf Among Us. :halfsheep: I haven't played it enough times to be able to recite the script, but I STILL LOVE IT TO BITS, and I really do miss waiting for each episode. I... miss... Bigby. Though, I think I can recite a few other video game scripts, such as Watch Dogs, Destiny, probably DMC 4 and Resident Evil 4. Specifically Resident Evil 4, some of the things Leon says are just so... catchy.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
I feel the same about Shrek yes I know it's not Pixar - it was massive when it first came out and after that it was just overplayed and overplayed until I could practically recite the entire movie's script verbatim on cue.

As for the actual question, I'mma have to say:

1. Toy Story 3

The ultimate "coming of age" story, told from the opposite perspective: the child has already grown up, and the world keeps on turning. It's a great tribute to young adults who actually grew up watching the Toy Story movies, and it really does make you want to find your old toys and give 'em a great big hug.
Took my sister to watch it when she was like 5. By the time the movie ended, I tried to hide my manly tears until I realized that EVERYONE in the theater but the kids were crying. Truly, as you say, an amazing coming of age story.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
We're talking Pixar Films?
  1. Toy Story 3 takes the cake easily. The tear jerker at the end is a really powerful one, and the themes of growing up and dealing with rejection are strong points too.
  2. Wall-E is just cute. :4rob: It does have a fair share of sad moments though, while ending on a happy note. The robots are really likeable.
  3. Finding Nemo was the first Pixar film I watched, and again, it focuses on family - which always strikes a chord with me, and the film had its cheery and dark moments.
  4. Monsters, Inc.
  5. Toy Story 1/2
:231:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My favorite Pixar movies:
1. Toy Story
2. Finding Nemo
3. Monsters Inc.

Those were the only ones I saw multiple times. I saw the Incredibles once but from what I remember I enjoyed it.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Ah, The Wolf Among Us. :halfsheep: I haven't played it enough times to be able to recite the script, but I STILL LOVE IT TO BITS, and I really do miss waiting for each episode. I... miss... Bigby. Though, I think I can recite a few other video game scripts, such as Watch Dogs, Destiny, probably DMC 4 and Resident Evil 4. Specifically Resident Evil 4, some of the things Leon says are just so... catchy.
Yeah, I can recite a good deal of the dialogue from Resident Evil 4, 5, 6, and the Revelations games.
Possibly not something to be proud of but I love all those games so whatever.

Matsushi

True Blood
Took my sister to watch it when she was like 5. By the time the movie ended, I tried to hide my manly tears until I realized that EVERYONE in the theater but the kids were crying. Truly, as you say, an amazing coming of age story.
Yeah, I remember tearing up when watching Toy Story 3 at the cinema. It was just so emotional and I recall a few others in the cinema crying, but yeah, the children didn't cry at all. Understandable though, we grew up with Andy and the toys.
Yeah, I can recite a good deal of the dialogue from Resident Evil 4, 5, 6, and the Revelations games.
Possibly not something to be proud of but I love all those games so whatever.
I can perhaps recite Resident Evil 5, though I haven't even played Resident Evil 6 so I can't really say anything. Heard it wasn't that good apart from Leon's campaign.

Matsushi

True Blood
Up and Wall-E are such good films and I highly recommend them! Up wins the record of making me cry at the beginning.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Actually, that's a good topic.

Films that made you cry GO GO GO

How to Train Your Dragon 2 -

Stoic's death. If it wasn't enough that Toothless was the one that did him in, Hiccup's subsequent shunning of his best friend was utterly crushing to watch. I'm a sucker for heroic sacrifices and strong men showing emotion, and this scene had that in spades. The Norse funeral was a nice touch to cap off a great death.

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
That make me cry? Pokemon Movie 1. /s Actual answer is probably Up or Toy Story 3. Yes, only the Pixar movies really get to me in terms of emotion.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Wait, is this from today?
:(

Stoic's death. If it wasn't enough that Toothless was the one that did him in, Hiccup's subsequent shunning of his best friend was utterly crushing to watch. I'm a sucker for heroic sacrifices and strong men showing emotion, and this scene had that in spades. The Norse funeral was a nice touch to cap off a great death.
For pretty obvious reasons, Toy Story 3.

Matsushi

True Blood

Up, as stated before, and Iron Giant made me cry so much.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The only things that have made me cry in the last few years are Rosalina's backstory and Toy Story 3. I don't watch a lot of films though.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
like I said, I don't have much to contribute to the discussion on films, so have a moonwalking Miles Edgeworth instead
moonworth3.gif

If we're talking about games that made us cry, though, Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright got me a few times

Matsushi

True Blood
like I said, I don't have much to contribute to the discussion on films, so have a moonwalking Miles Edgeworth instead
View attachment 52331

If we're talking about games that made us cry, though, Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright got me a few times
moonwalking edgeworth is best edgeworth

The only things that have made me cry in the last few years are Rosalina's backstory and Toy Story 3. I don't watch a lot of films though.

Rosalina's backstory? This may sound rather silly, but what is her backstory?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Rosalina's backstory? This may sound rather silly, but what is her backstory?
It was about losing her mother and more depressing stuff. Look up MarioWiki.

Unlocking the story bit by bit as you play Galaxy really maximises the impact though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom