• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'm playing Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon for the first time. The 3D models are definitely an eyesore...

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I just want a :4ness: and a :4robinm: amiibo... Which is apparently too much to ask.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
These were fun to watch.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Currently my amiibo collection is:
Mario (SSB & Super Mario), Luigi, Peach, Pikachu, Donkey Kong, Link, Zelda, Shulk, Yoshi, Fox, (Japanese) Kirby, (Japanese), Robin, Lucina, Ness and Wario. Currently on preorder are Dark Pit and the Inkling amiibo bundle, and considering getting an Ike amiibo.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I feel like as long as the Robin/other FE amiibos are hard to get, there will always be amiibo talk in this thread.

I recently ordered a japanese Robin off amazon a couple days ago so I should be getting him soon. I'm debating on picking up a Little Mac since he's only costing about 30$ on amazon as well, but I've been spending way more money then I should be already.

So right now I have:
:4pikachu::4falcon::4myfriends::4megaman::4samus::4yoshi::4dk:(:4mario::4luigi::4bowser:=Super Mario Edition)

Will be picking up:
:4greninja::4charizard::4lucina::4robinm:

Who I am on the fence about buying:
:4villager::4darkpit::4littlemac::4marth:

D

Deleted member

Amiibos that I acquired:
:4luigi::4shulk:(THE reason why I started buying amiibos):4kirby::4pikachu:(for Pokken, which I am expecting to come to the Wii U):4mario:
Will soon acquire:
:4falcon:
What I desire:
:4robinm:(and apparently Robin is too much to ask for)

Speaking of Robin, I finally stage spiked someone with nair. Feels good, man!

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I listed my collection before, but I'll list it again. Amiibos with * after the stock icon are from the Super Mario line.

Own: :4bowser:*:4link::4luigi:*:4mario::4megaman::4peach::4pikachu::4shulk::4sonic::4tlink::4yoshi:*:4zelda:
Preordered: :4charizard::4ness::4pacman::4wario:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
I'm not into NFC figures, but I like how each character is getting a figure.

The only thing I don't like about Amiibo is that there's so much demand for them but not enough supply.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

At this point, I've given up listing the Amiibos I plan on getting because why bother? Unless I'm willing to buy off of scalpers, it's practically pointless.

Well, except :4lucas:. I will go to the ends of the Earth for him.

Neoleo21

Smash Apprentice
I'm only gonna get 4 amiibos ever, and that's the splatoon amiibos and the Yarn Yoshi Amiibo (I NEEEED IT).

As a latecomer to the Fire Emblem IF news here, I'll give my two cents. Phoenix mode is for the helpless, the people who suck so bad and/or are only in for the story and want to see it to the end. Its not wrong to be inclusive of this crowd as small as they may be, especially since they're promoting the story a great deal this time around. Weapon durability being gone but weapons themselves being more diverse and having more drawbacks and advantages sounds pretty nice especially that enemies can use them as well and makes them more diverse as well instead of having clones everywhere. This also removes the cheesy boss abuse strategy that really made no sense. Weapon durability generally has a bad effect on player psychology in regards to unique weapons. The the voices they snagged are just about perfect for the roles. Aqua being a lance using dancer unit is pretty awesome as well. Dragon's vein excites me for two reasons, it makes maps more interact-able and that enemies will use it on occasion to mess you up, this reminds me of the magic seal from FE7 which was an awesome occurrence also shows that IS will pay more attention to map design. The changes to the dual system also make me excited because enemies will be more threatening on average and it now promotes better positioning and shifting around units instead of just being pair up to destroy everyone and no one can touch you. I'm curious about the changes to the arena, now that you can't get gold from it, meaning there's probably a more limited supply of gold overall but they did state that something will come out of it. While some may see it as casualization, I think most of these additions are probably really good in the grand scheme of things. I think IS not having to build a new engine (though the improved detail in the backgrounds and transitions and animations is noticeable) has allowed them to allot more time into the game mechanics and will likely result in a better game and one that has an utterly massive amount of content (though they're charging more for it).

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
In the next Fire Emblem Anna is the antagonist.
And the protagonist.
And the recruitable units.
And the NPCs.
:4dk:
And the equipment
And the skills
And the currency
And the maps
the Yarn Yoshi Amiibo
this is probably the only amiibo I'll ever consider getting as my girlfriend finds them adorable. Otherwise, I don't think the overall quality or things they add to games makes the price of amiibos worth it, even if isn't that high in the first place (scalpers notwithstanding). I know this won't apply to a lot of the characters as they'll likely never get one, but if I want a figurine for decoration, I'll make sure to go out of the way to buy a really good quality one plushies are better though.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
The best thing about this SotN replay was learning how to wing smash, what a phenomenal game.

2nd place is still really good, will the matches be uploaded to YT or are they available on the stream channel where they were shown? I'm curious to see some Robin coop action.
twitch.tv/nextlevelstreaming is the channel it's on, but because I lack a laptop atm I can't pinpoint exactly where the matches take place. Plus from the looks of it the stream failed on itself all over the place yesterday and kept turning on and off so maybe most of my games weren't recorded after all. :/

The channel will be uploading the matches onto YouTube throughout the week.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Interesting story I have. I recent went to my local game story and preorder the Splatoon Wii U Bundle. While I was there, I decide to look at the amiibo's available. Nothing special, some mario's, a couple of Link's and Pikachu's and Sonic's. At least that is what I thought. Looking a little harder, at the back, I saw one single Ike Amiibo in perfect condition, ready to buy.

I didn't get it.

I regret nothing
0dBUhmw.gif

I didn't say it was out of character- just that it overshadowed everything else about him.

And yes, as others have mentioned, he says it in battle sometimes as well.
Oh, I see.

Because Shulk is an extremely developed and intelligent character and Smash just dumbs him down to the feeling it man >_> Plus, people who haven't played Xenoblade think that's all he is.

I don't think that is all he is........

ok, maybe a little bit.....

Now it's Shulk Time?
I just want a :4ness: and a :4robinm: amiibo... Which is apparently too much to ask.
At least you know you can get a Robin amiibo. They're not even available at my local store. It's not that they are out of stock or anything. They are just not there.

Last edited:

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
So I'm playing Tomodachi Life and my first two islanders got into a relationship. Ironically Robin was the one who got asked to be in the relationship. Though it went against my plan to have both my female and my male Robin in the game get hooked up, I couldn't say no to having M!Robin get together with my favorite girl from K-On!; Ritsu.

Robin is getting shipped even outside Fire Emblem/Smash :happysheep:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
@ The Merc The Merc

You say Robin's in stock?
I not sure about where you live if they are, but they are not available here.

um
"not available"/"not there" is that they are "out of stock"
No. It just that they are not there. At all. They are not listed anywhere. And they were released on April 25th. The stranger thing is that the wave 5 amiibos are listed on the website, ready for preorder.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
No. It just that they are not there. At all. They are not listed anywhere. And they were released on April 25th. The stranger thing is that the wave 5 amiibos are listed on the website, ready for preorder.
So maybe they put them up when they were available for preorder, and took them down when they were sold out? A shop around here did that.

Shaymikyu

Interesting story I have. I recent went to my local game story and preorder the Splatoon Wii U Bundle. While I was there, I decide to look at the amiibo's available. Nothing special, some mario's, a couple of Link's and Pikachu's and Sonic's. At least that is what I thought. Looking a little harder, at the back, I saw one single Ike Amiibo in perfect condition, ready to buy.

I didn't get it.

I regret nothing View attachment 52164

Oh, I see.

I don't think that is all he is........

ok, maybe a little bit.....

Now it's Shulk Time?

At least you know you can get a Robin amiibo. They're not even available at my local store. It's not that they are out of stock or anything. They are just not there.
No, it's Reyn time.:4diddy:

But yeah, I honestly don't rage too much at the feeling it stuff- just when people do it in large doses or when it's all I can find related to Shulk. I do chuckle sometimes at the way people interpret the SSB version of him.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
So maybe they put them up when they were available for preorder, and took them down when they were sold out? A shop around here did that.
But like I said, they were release on the 25th April. Basically a month ago. All I can think is that they ran out of stock quickly and haven't bothered to get more so they taken it down from the website and are wait to get more. It still's annoys me though. I just want a Robin Amiibo ;-;
No, it's Reyn time.:4diddy:

But yeah, I honestly don't rage too much at the feeling it stuff- just when people do it in large doses or when it's all I can find related to Shulk. I do chuckle sometimes at the way people interpret the SSB version of him.
Actually, it's
TIME TO TIP THE SCALES!!! :4robinm:

Hm, understand able. It can be annoying when you know what a character should be but because of something that happened, they are know for something else.

Though you can't deny that when you play as shulk

You can FEEEEEL the PAWOR :4shulk:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
But like I said, they were release on the 25th April. Basically a month ago. All I can think is that they ran out of stock quickly and haven't bothered to get more so they taken it down from the website and are wait to get more. It still's annoys me though. I just want a Robin Amiibo ;-;
If they ever had any available for general sale (outside of preorders, which in itself is very unlikely), they almost certainly sold out within the day of release. Basically your only option would have been to preorder them.

Also, it's not "didn't bother to get more", it's "there are no more available". The shops can't restock them, because Nintendo haven't produced any more.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
If they ever had any available for general sale (outside of preorders, which in itself is very unlikely), they almost certainly sold out within the day of release. Basically your only option would have been to preorder them.

Also, it's not "didn't bother to get more", it's "there are no more available". The shops can't restock them, because Nintendo haven't produced any more.
Aaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwww........ COME ON!!!

Why Nintendo, why? ;-;

*sigh*

I guess I could get it on amazon or something. Wait, do the amiibos work on different systems like American amiibos only work on games with NSTC program and Europe ones work on PAL only, or does any amigo work on any system?

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Aaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwww........ COME ON!!!

Why Nintendo, why? ;-;

*sigh*

I guess I could get it on amazon or something. Wait, do the amiibos work on different systems like American amiibos only work on games with NSTC program and Europe ones work on PAL only, or does any amigo work on any system?
No, Amiibos are not region locked. They can work on any system and any game from any country.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Wait, do the amiibos work on different systems like American amiibos only work on games with NSTC program and Europe ones work on PAL only, or does any amigo work on any system?
amiibo aren't region locked. An amiibo bought anywhere will work anywhere else in the world.

edit: :4greninja:'d

Last edited:

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
If amiibos were region locked that would cause soooo many riots, chaos, and other things of the sort.

Even Nintendo isn't that stupid to region lock a figurine with an NFC chip in it. Even if they were, I'd still probably import certain characters just to have the figure itself.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Good news everyone! I've recruited all the female children on my Hard/Classic female-only run of Awakening. The most notable thing that happened what that Kjelle, who was still a green unit, confronted Cassius because I was too slow in killing off Vaike. Both had a chance to attack twice and Kjelle activated her Astra skill on her first attack. If it weren't for Cassius to activate his vengeance skill and take out Kjelle, I wouldn't have to reset the level. That's exactly what happened and I had to redo the map.

Now I'm going to finish off the Valm chapters before taking on the male children paralogues. I have big plans for Yarne hehehe. Question, should I spare Morgan or let the Risen take very good care of him? I already have a replacement Morgan in the form of a FeMU but I wanted to know what everyone else feels I should do.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Question, should I spare Morgan or let the Risen take very good care of him? I already have a replacement Morgan in the form of a FeMU but I wanted to know what everyone else feels I should do.
You're horrible.

Who would kill off Morgan like that?

:sadsheep:

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
You're horrible.

Who would kill off Morgan like that?

:sadsheep:
That is why I am asking everyone here what I should decide on? If everyone wants Morgan to live, I'll just recruit him and never use him. End of story.

Besides, killing off Morgan is nothing compared to what I have in store for Yarne.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
That is why I am asking everyone here what I should decide on? If everyone wants Morgan to live, I'll just recruit him and never use him. End of story.

Besides, killing off Morgan is nothing compared to what I have in store for Yarne.
Morgan>Yarne

Kill off Yarne for all I care.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Keep Morgan alive! He just wants to be like his mother!

Top Bottom