• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Couldn't do it. Sadface.

Got 2nd out of 40 in singles and 2nd out of 15 in doubles though, so I had an awesome day. And I think all my matches save for two doubles matches and Singles Winners Semis were on the stream as well, so I have plenty of Robin matches and two Sonic matches to share.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Thanks! My performance was subpar at best...
Your Marth was scary good, however. I wouldn't mind fighting you one on one more.

Good games. Sorry about the end...
I'm gonna practice with Luigi much, much more to make him more scary. I'm planning to fight other Luigis in order to improve my game.
I will get my revenge against you (starts scheming and plotting).

Matsushi

True Blood
Thanks! My performance was subpar at best...
Your Marth was scary good, however. I wouldn't mind fighting you one on one more.
Thank you very much! We can definitely have a few matches again whenever you'd like! I've got a lot of free time on my hands next week which is good. :happysheep:
All one game of it :p Hopefully we'll have better luck another time, I want to see this Marth everyone is talking about for myself :o
Hopefully! I really wanted to play some more with you. D: Though, my Marth isn't scary at all! :4marth:

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
Thank you very much! We can definitely have a few matches again whenever you'd like! I've got a lot of free time on my hands next week which is good. :happysheep:

Hopefully! I really wanted to play some more with you. D: Though, my Marth isn't scary at all! :4marth:
Your :4marth: has pretty good fundamentals. So he will be scarier if you at least play around with customs. Both @ Moydow Moydow and I were using different sets, both of which have potential.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I will get my revenge against you (starts scheming and plotting).

Why does everyone wanna kill my Luigi? :cry:
I won't let that happen next time!

As do I! I will have off until I (hopefully) get an internship. So, if you wanna fight, let me know and we can do some one-on-ones. :) I would love to learn more about the Marth match-up as well.

Matsushi

True Blood
Your :4marth: will be scarier if you at least play around with customs. Both @ Moydow Moydow and I were using different sets, both of which have potential.
I will definitely play around with customs when I get the chance, or when I feel confident enough to. I'm just so unfamiliar with them so I don't really bring them out online, but I do like to mess around with them offline from time to time. They are really fun after all!

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
My Marth was 3133 (Dashing Assault, Dancing Blade, Dolphin Jump, Rush Counter), but I sometimes like to throw in good ol' Shield Breaker and ordinary Counter as well. Need more practice with Crescent Slash too, so I can actually do stuff with it. DB customs are pretty bad, though.

I really like Shield Breaker though, since I can do stuff like this:

Last edited:

Matsushi

True Blood
As do I! I will have off until I (hopefully) get an internship. So, if you wanna fight, let me know and we can do some one-on-ones. :) I would love to learn more about the Marth match-up as well.
Ah, awesome! I'm excited to have our next set of matches. ^^

Welp, this wraps up everything for me! I wasn't aware of how late it was until now, time sure flies when you're having fun! I wish you all a goodnight, fellow tacticians! And thank you very much for the matches. :happysheep:

D

Deleted member

Ah, awesome! I'm excited to have our next set of matches. ^^

Welp, this wraps up everything for me! I wasn't aware of how late it was until now, time sure flies when you're having fun! I wish you all a goodnight, fellow tacticians! And thank you very much for the matches. :happysheep:
As am I! :D

Good night!

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
I'd play, but I don't have my Wii U available right now.

I can do some matches next week though.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Good games to @ The_Cardinal The_Cardinal and @ Matsushi Matsushi though it's a shame I couldn't participate in the doubles fun. I'll get more matches in with the both of you later down the road.

@ RadiantTactician RadiantTactician good games as well. Something silly almost always tends to happen with me whenever I play you.

D

Deleted member

I need to play one of you Robin mains sometime, it's been too long since I've last played one.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
The best thing about this SotN replay was learning how to wing smash, what a phenomenal game.
Couldn't do it. Sadface.

Got 2nd out of 40 in singles and 2nd out of 15 in doubles though, so I had an awesome day. And I think all my matches save for two doubles matches and Singles Winners Semis were on the stream as well, so I have plenty of Robin matches and two Sonic matches to share.
2nd place is still really good, will the matches be uploaded to YT or are they available on the stream channel where they were shown? I'm curious to see some Robin coop action.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I have just created one of my craziest, yet stupid challenges yet. 8-Player Smash. Team Battle, you vs. 7 CPU's on level 9 difficulty with Team Attack off. All the CPU's having a max handicap of 300%.

It's stupid, but I'm having a blast doing it.

Then again this is coming from a guy who took the "Bowser Challenge" from Melee, and changed it into the "Falcon Challenge" throughout every other Smash game. The idea is similar; You vs 3 level 9 CPU Falcons with team attack off. No handicap however. See how well you can do.

I don't know why I do these things to myself.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
My Marth was 3133 (Dashing Assault, Dancing Blade, Dolphin Jump, Rush Counter), but I sometimes like to throw in good ol' Shield Breaker and ordinary Counter as well. Need more practice with Crescent Slash too, so I can actually do stuff with it. DB customs are pretty bad, though.

I really like Shield Breaker though, since I can do stuff like this:

Why didn't you dodge? Piccolo is unimpressed

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I swear, even when I don't check this board for an hour I stop getting notifications.

D

Deleted member

I swear, even when I don't check this board for an hour I stop getting notifications.
If you get a "reply" alert and don't click on it to check the reply to a given thread you won't receive any more "reply" alerts until you go and manually check the thread again.

I assume it's done that way to prevent huge amounts of alert spam over multiple replies to a thread, so if you get a reply alert, and don't check it, (i.e. are potentially uninterested in the content of the thread or what have you) then you won't continue to receive alerts in a spam-like fashion every time someone replies.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
C-comic for all you tacticians

I had this hair style for my FeMU 7(*u* )

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

If you get a "reply" alert and don't click on it to check the reply to a given thread you won't receive any more "reply" alerts until you go and manually check the thread again.

I assume it's done that way to prevent huge amounts of alert spam over multiple replies to a thread, so if you get a reply alert, and don't check it, (i.e. are potentially uninterested in the content of the thread or what have you) then you won't continue to receive alerts in a spam-like fashion every time someone replies.
I swear I check every time there's a reply alert, though... Weird.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Aw. I still have yet to play any of you tacticians in Smash 4.
I've actually been taking a long hiatus from the game...

Anyway, if anyone curious, I did a thing with my capture card.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Aw. I still have yet to play any of you tacticians in Smash 4.
I've actually been taking a long hiatus from the game...

Anyway, if anyone curious, I did a thing with my capture card.
Giant Master and Crazy Hand... Metal Crazy Hand... I don't know if I should be impressed you did all without crashing the game, or disturbed over the Hands having a Giant and Metal form.

Last edited:

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
So, Amiibo subreddit did a survey to gather some info on what amiibo people want to pick when they reach U.S. market and other stuff.
I feel for anyone who's trying to get Robin in 29th. He's got more votes than Lucina. I didn't even know that was possible.
oO and damn, I post way too much about amiibo in this thread. I should stop lurking that subreddit, asap.

In any way, it's probably an old notice, but I just noticed Omni smashfied Travis, from Mother 4 fangame.
Is it strange that I'm so hyped for a fangame? Someone tell me, please.

Last edited:

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
So, Amiibo subreddit did a survey to gather some info on what amiibo people want to pick when they reach U.S. market and other stuff.
I feel for anyone who's trying to get Robin in 29th. He's got more votes than Lucina. I didn't even know that was possible.
oO and damn, I post way too much about amiibo in this thread. I should stop lurking that subreddit, asap.

In any way, it's probably an old notice, but I just noticed Omni smashfied Travis, from Mother 4 fangame.
I am hyped as well, you are not alone. I am really curious how much Mothers old elements are going to be implemented.

I hope they don't do anything like Dusters special shoe thing, an item you can only get at a specific point of the game which is pretty much hidden from you and lost forever if you don't acquire it in time. That was really frustrating and I am sure others feel the same.

Shaymikyu

I've given up on Robin.:crying: You win, scalpers. You can have all the Amiibos forever.

I wasn't that interested at first, but the trailer got my attention. It's clear the team understands what makes the Mother series tick. I even put myself on the e-mail list to get the game early.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
I am hyped as well, you are not alone. I am really curious how much Mothers old elements are going to be implemented.

I hope they don't do anything like Dusters special shoe thing, an item you can only get at a specific point of the game which is pretty much hidden from you and lost forever if you don't acquire it in time. That was really frustrating and I am sure others feel the same.
I've given up on Robin.:crying: You win, scalpers. You can have all the Amiibos forever.

I wasn't that interested at first, but the trailer got my attention. It's clear the team understands what makes the Mother series tick. I even put myself on the e-mail list to get the game early.
Welp, I imported my Robin from a Japanese seller. It was a bit more pricey than normal, but since he's one of the few amiibos I actually want, I'll go for it. Also, the fact that they are, basically, the only place I found that works with R$ and had a tracker and refund for orders really helped.

Yeah, I'm even going to help with the translation of the game to the Portuguese oO It's just that hype worthy.
I just have to imagine the pressure the team must be feeling at this point, though.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
The 29th is going to be a big day. The release of Wave 4, Silver Mario, and a Marth restock at Toys R Us.

D

Deleted member

The 29th is going to be a big day. The release of Wave 4, Silver Mario, and a Marth restock at Toys R Us.
inb4 Wave 4 only has Charizard and Wario.
Also I think it'll be weird if I ask someone in my family to take me to TRU. Dang it.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
These are the Amiibo I currently have in my possession:

:4mario::4luigi::4yoshi::4dk::4link::4zelda::4pikachu::4fox::4samus::4villager::4wiifit::4falcon::4littlemac::4pit::4villager::4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina::4shulk::4megaman::4sonic:

Inb4 someone says, :4lucina:"Wow, you have so many Amiibo's!" :awesome:

The Amiibo's that I still desire are:

:4palutena::4darkpit::4pacman::4mewtwo::4greninja:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
These are the Amiibo I currently have in my possession:

:4mario::4luigi::4yoshi::4dk::4link::4zelda::4pikachu::4fox::4samus::4villager::4wiifit::4falcon::4littlemac::4pit::4villager::4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina::4shulk::4megaman::4sonic:

Inb4 someone says, :4lucina:"Wow, you have so many Amiibo's!" :awesome:

The Amiibo's that I still desire are:

:4palutena::4darkpit::4pacman::4mewtwo::4greninja:
My collection is as follows.

:4mario::4link::4yoshi::4kirby::4dk::4samus::4fox::4luigi::4pikachu::4peach::4diddy::4bowser::4shulk::4sheik::4zelda::4tlink::4sonic:Toad:4megaman:

:4robinm: and :4lucina: and the Splatoon set are on the way.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Giant Master and Crazy Hand... Metal Crazy Hand... I don't know if I should be impressed you did all without crashing the game, or disturbed over the Hands having a Giant and Metal form.
Ya, it's crazy. The game does indeed crash if you input certain moves when the hands sizes are in effect.

I'm looking forward to Mother 4 as well. I find it weird that I feel the need to finish Mother 3 first before I play 4 even though 4 pretty much its own thing from what I've heard.

I still have no amiibos, but hopefully I can get a Marth one.

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
I really hope that amiibo support for FE: if does not end up replacing some things that would otherwise have been normal DLC like if the Robin amiibo was the only way to get a playable Robin in if. As much as I love Robin, no way am I getting an amiibo AND the amiibo adapter just to play Robin in if.

Top Bottom