• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
**** it, just gonna leave this here.

Be advised that, while the content of the poem may be safe, the subject matter may be a bit raunchy for some folks' tastes.

I am your first love
The rope held tight in my hand
This golden silence

Safe here at your side
We will greet the risen world
Our bonds hold us close

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
So much reading... worth it.
There is this

This should be fun.

My thoughts in regards to Fire Emblem IF have pretty much been said already. Just hope the lack of weapon durability proves to be a good thing.

Gaiden may be the black sheep of the series for various reasons as many other franchises second game wayback when, but it introduced the awesome map feature that later returned in Sacred Stones, Awakening and soon to be, IF.
Its soundtrack cool too.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Mama Luigi said Captain Failcon stinks

And we all know mama is always right :4luigi::4ganondorf:
Well what would you expect if you stuck your nose in front of someone else's butt? :p

Besides Mama :4luigi: laughs at Falcondorf's "power"

"Mama :4luigi: is always right!"

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
It says Phoenix and Maya are "solo units", and Ryu and Ken are "pair units". Does anyone who's played the first game know what that means?
Their solo units? Odd. Yeah, a solo unit can be teamed up with a paired unit if I recall correctly.

Oh! I got my late birthday present today! I went with the elgato game capture hd.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP

Be advised that, while the content of the poem may be safe, the subject matter may be a bit raunchy for some folks' tastes.

I am your first love
This golden silence

Safe here at your side
Our bonds hold us close
These double haikus
I see nothing wrong with but
only sweet, soft words

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink

I am your first love
This golden silence

Safe here at your side
Our bonds hold us close
Quite the beautiful poem... I̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶b̶o̶n̶d̶a̶g̶e̶

So much reading... worth it.

There is this

This should be fun.
I never played the original, but wasn't it supposed to be really mediocre? I still might be tempted to check this out for dat Phoenix Wright.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Luigi wins by doing nothing, and Luigi mains win by doing just one move. Amazing how consistent that got.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Luigi wins by doing nothing, and Luigi mains win by doing just one move. Amazing how consistent that got.
I need to express my most sincere and deepest apologies to all of the poor snails that died over such amount of exposure to Sodium Chloride. Let us pray in silence :4luigi:

BindingShield

Smash Journeyman
NNID
M2TheC
Robin's mother's fate is unknown. He does kill his father though. That's why he carries his Levin sword!

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Nah, no salt intended. Just a hyperbole over his Dash Grab, just like the original Wins By Doing Nothing is a hyperbole itself. Literary devices. =p

ANYWAY, a notice. My computer's hard drive is dead, so it'll be a while until I can repair it. That said, I probably won't be using it all that often anyway - classes are a pain and it requires my full attention, and the laptop is just too much of a distraction right now. So I'm thinking from now untiiiiiil December I guess, I'll just be off and on, with only my iPad as my main correspondence.

I'll still be on Smash though. I can manage my time with that piece of hardware easier than I can the laptop.

So, that means that MU thread I made will be empty and without updates unless someone wants to take charge. Anyone can take it up, it benefits no one for it to just stay there.

Catch ya from time to time, guys!

Weeman

Smash Crusader
The whole thing with this is the consequence of the effect is immeasurable.

As an example, one can't compare the lack of weapon depreciation in Gaiden, for the same reason Gaiden can't compare the lack of a character-based magic system in other games. Imagine if people were complaining about FE3 being too easy because magic doesn't cost HP.

What is most important is the product has meaningful decisions to make. Attrition, inventory management, and having to make serious considerations about the cost effectiveness of your investments has always been an element of Fire Emblem, this much is for sure. You're not just the tactician; you are also the quartermaster. However, we really have no idea about the full scope of new potential things to manage. We can hopefully have more meaningful decisions to make to help the experience feel more engaging.

Another thing that is incomparable are people who are already presuming the tactics they have established in Awakening will work here, like assuming they can just Pair Up-blitz their way through every chapter knowing absolutely nothing about the game's designs or even how Pair Up will really actually work. Any statements about how this will make the game too easy or too hard are objectively baseless.
At first i was kinda skeptical.
But after thinking about it more deeply, this whole thing with the weapon durability actually has a lot of potential.
Awakening's inventory became a cluster**** the longer you went on with the game, and unique powerful weapons became less and less unique.
A way i can think of balancing this out is that during a map, only one unique weapon can be used by a unit, except fot the basic weapons.
Basically, only one unit can be holding a Levin sword, a nosferatu, a killing edge or whatever any other weapon with an unique effect per map, barring weapons with neutral stats (bronze, iron, silver, regular tomes or staffs).
Now in order for these weapons to be even more distinguishable, their stats could become even crazier than before the longer you went with the game, but they would also have added drawbacks. Like say, a staff that can act as both rescue and heal everyone around you, but then leaves that unit helpless in the next turn; or a sword that always crits but also makes you take crits always.
Another thing they could do to not overshadow regular weapons is that only the basic line of weapons of each type increase weapon exp. That way you would be constantly switching weapons depending on the situation.

Last edited:

BindingShield

Smash Journeyman
NNID
M2TheC
Or we go the FE4 route, with repairable weapons and killing enough enemies with one sword will net you a bonus by making that sword stronger.
But with the trend FE 14 seems to be going, I doubt they will make it too complex. More like they'll dump twelve silver swords on us, and the bronze weapons will never see the light of day. Strategy be damned!

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I heard about all the news - Phoenix Mode, unlimited weapons, E3 announcement plans, Phoenix Wright and Maya in Project X Zone 2... (On that front, I've been replaying the Trilogy on 3DS - currently up to the DL-6 retrial)
It'll be interesting to compare Awakening to if when the games are finally out.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Oh, so the Dorf Patrol is in town, eh?
Good thing a hero just arrived!
Young Link Happy emoticon (scaled down).png

Screenshots from the latest Famitsu

And the classes of the Nohr family.

Elise is a Rod Knight

Leon is a Dark Knight

Marx is a Paladin

Camilla is a Revenant Knight.

Can someone please translate the avatar build from the second image?

Never mind. Found them.
  • Body Type
  • Hair
  • Hair Accessory (Female Only)
  • Hair Color
  • Face
  • Face Special Markings (Presumably)
  • Voice
The link won't work for me ;-;

If there was a "Not Really Feeling This" button, I'd click it :4ganondorf:
Will this do?

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I just read the thing about Pair Up being divided into Attack Stance and Guard Stance and couldn't help but being reminded of:
Aegislash.png

But it actually sounds like a good solution.
Having the mechanic nerfed and having it take more strategy by dividing it, but without removing all the benefits altogether, could be an ideal solution.

Last edited:
Top Bottom