• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
Well as long as phoenix mode didn't take up too many resources implementing( which I doubt it did) I don't really care about it. I am a bit worried about how they are going to handle legendary weapons though.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
In other news:

WarCraft III deemed bad after the discovery of greedisgood.

Contra scrub series because Konami code.

PC games are for casuals because you can become God in anything where your character is stored locally.
Contra 3 has no Konami code in NTSC versions

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Serenes Forest is reporting the Famitsu news.

Reading through the article, there's this interesting but not confirmed piece of info,

it seems the blue-haired songstress, Aqua, may be in a similar but reverse position as the Avatar. According to reports, she is the princess of Nohr taken prisoner by Hoshido. If you recall, the Avatar is the prince/princess of Hoshido raised by Nohr.

D

Deleted member

Reading through the article, there's this interesting but not confirmed piece of info,

it seems the blue-haired songstress, Aqua, may be in a similar but reverse position as the Avatar. According to reports, she is the princess of Nohr taken prisoner by Hoshido. If you recall, the Avatar is the prince/princess of Hoshido raised by Nohr.
Peace-loving Hoshido, huh?
I guess we understand what this war is all about? Why would they take Aqua in as a prisoner?

Hong

The Strongest
Well as long as phoenix mode didn't take up too many resources implementing( which I doubt it did) I don't really care about it. I am a bit worried about how they are going to handle legendary weapons though.
Maybe not throwing literally a pile of them at the player towards the end of the game is a good start.

Like, it's okay to have a small handful of divine weapons that are straight upgrades over things... Much in the same sense it's okay for a few items like the coveted Boots to exist. Players like to make their favourite characters as powerful as possible... So if they only get one particularly strong sword, they will let their favourite character have it and still need to figure out what to do with everybody else.

Or maybe they can solve it in new, interesting ways. Maybe divine weapons use health. Maybe they hinder movement. Maybe your character is locked to it in battle when you equip it. I can come up with an essay for different ways to balance out weapons and have interesting, engaging options.

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Ok, I'm getting too heavily flustered with the 3DS controls to even concentrate now, so I'm cutting it off here before I do something I may regret. GGs Antony. Your Villager is fantastic.

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Maybe not throwing literally a pile of them at the player towards the end of the game is a good start.

Like, it's okay to have a small handful of divine weapons that are straight upgrades over things... Much in the same sense it's okay for a few items like the coveted Boots to exist. Players like to make their favourite characters as powerful as possible... So if they only get one particularly strong sword, they will let their favourite character have it and still need to figure out what to do with everybody else.

Or maybe they can solve it in new, interesting ways. Maybe divine weapons use health. Maybe they hinder movement. Maybe your character is locked to it in battle when you equip it. I can come up with an essay for different ways to balance out weapons and have interesting, engaging options.
Oh oh, I have one!
using a legendary weapon will turn you into this

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Since apparently this is more to a way of good on opinions of others, does this mean Fire Emblem was quite flawed for having such depth during being "classic"? At the end I'm thinking that I.S is seeing it this way and try to remedy this with making Fire Emblem as casual as possible to ensure sales and wider audience, while trying to offer options to for veteran fanbase to help them stay around.

I just wonder will the veteran fanbase be shafted later due them wanting FE to stay in a way that apparently would alienate much larger audience.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
ggs @ Mr. Johan Mr. Johan i..i have no idea how to approach that jab at times it as some seriously amazing games tho. Like here i was trying to stage spike you but you were all naw son. And then you got so sassy with those Nosferatus. I didn't know about those auto cancels robin had and sure as heck payde the price for it great games over all.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Here's some official art for the Hoshido characters sans Lobster Lord. I seriously can't wait for the individual artwork to come out.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Since apparently this is more to a way of good on opinions of others, does this mean Fire Emblem was quite flawed for having such depth during being "classic"? At the end I'm thinking that I.S is seeing it this way and try to remedy this with making Fire Emblem as casual as possible to ensure sales and wider audience, while trying to offer options to for veteran fanbase to help them stay around.

I just wonder will the veteran fanbase be shafted later due them wanting FE to stay in a way that apparently would alienate much larger audience.
I think Fire Emblem will continue to have a greater scope of options to make the game more accessible, but will never stop having options for players who want a greater degree of challenge. I think Fire Emblem will always have some form of Classic*, much like the DIablo series will always have some form of Hardcore. There are a lot of things that are added to the series: Supports, Pair Up, the weapon triangle.

However, scarcely are significant aspects removed. Weapon durability being removed is so noteworthy just for that reason; weapon durability has been a very important aspect from the series, even if it hasn't always been the most meaningful. That said, possibility for big changes are thus possible... but permanent death is like a whole different ballpark than weapon durabiltity. Permanent death is what Fire Emblem is notorious for; many people still think the series has permanent death, even though Casual mode has now existed for three games. That's a testament to the strength of its legacy, and I think we'd sooner be combating the enemy with Patty Cake before Classic mode is removed.

*Not counting spin-off titles, which will surely become a thing as the series becomes more and more successful.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
People on For Glory are funny. I just had a Robin player leave the game when he finally got a stock off of me.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I think Fire Emblem will continue to have a greater scope of options to make the game more accessible, but will never stop having options for players who want a greater degree of challenge. I think Fire Emblem will always have some form of Classic*, much like the DIablo series will always have some form of Hardcore. There are a lot of things that are added to the series: Supports, Pair Up, the weapon triangle.

However, scarcely are significant aspects removed. Weapon durability being removed is so noteworthy just for that reason; weapon durability has been a very important aspect from the series, even if it hasn't always been the most meaningful. That said, possibility for big changes are thus possible... but permanent death is like a whole different ballpark than weapon durabiltity. Permanent death is what Fire Emblem is notorious for; many people still think the series has permanent death, even though Casual mode has now existed for three games. That's a testament to the strength of its legacy, and I think we'd sooner be combating the enemy with Patty Cake before Classic mode is removed.

*Not counting spin-off titles, which will surely become a thing as the series becomes more and more successful.

....who made these? I certainly didn't expect such search results

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

I'm a fan of this. It would make the Hoshido more morally questionable while giving the Nohr a more sympathetic edge. Now my question is, who was kidnapped first?

RobinOnDrugs

I'm a fan of this. It would make the Hoshido more morally questionable while giving the Nohr a more sympathetic edge. Now my question is, who was kidnapped first?
Hoshido did it first and St. Garon decided to get revenge by killing Kamui's father and kidnapping his son in the process.

EDIT: Am I the only one that likes to imagine St. Garon having the voice of Don Vito Corleone from The Godfather just for the sake of comedy?

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I want to joke that Kamui and Aqua got exchanged at the hospital where they were born. :p

:231:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
So, Marx's Japanese VA is Katsuyuki Konishi. I made this because why not.

Also, Camilla's Japanese VA, Miyuki Sawashiro voiced all the female Robin's voice options along with a male Robin voice option and Morgan in Awakening.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Hong

The Strongest
You really shouldn't remind people they can do that if you don't want people to do that. Most people apparently never thought of that vulnerability. I only posted it in the DR because of the small set of eyes back there.

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
I went to my Gamestop to pick up my PS4 (which I got!), and they're saying that I'll be able to pick up my delayed order for Ike next week, which is good and all, but now I'll have two of him thanks to an import.

Shulk is also coming from what I've seen of the Amiibo updates, so I'm hopeful my pre-order will ship out before the end of the month if not around the same time as Ike. And with Pit coming on Friday, that will make three amiibo down finally. ;w;

RobinOnDrugs

Character Personalities (taken from Serenes Forest):

- Marx (Paladin / CV. Konishi Katsuyuki)
Amongst Nohr's royal family, he is the eldest son. Although taciturn, he has an honest personality. For the sake of the kingdom, he follows his father's -- the king's -- intentions (?) .

- Camilla (Revenant Knight / CV. Sawashiro Miyuki)
Nohr's eldest daughter. She dotes on her younger brother/sister (the protagonist) to the point where she'd be more than willing to kill someone for their sake.

- Leon (Dark Knight / CV. Miyano Mamoru)
Marx's younger brother. Unlike his older brother, he excells at magic. He's a genius who can flawlessly handle anything.

- Elise (Rod Knight / CV. Suwa Ayaka)
The youngest child amongst Nohr's royal family, with an innocent personality. Despite not being related by blood, she's just as close with the protagonist as she is with her real siblings.

- Ryouma (??? / CV. Nakamura Yuuichi)
On top of being Hoshido Kingdom's eldest son, he is also the protagonist's real brother. He is full of samurai spirit and has an extremely reliable presence.

- Hinoka (Pegasus Warrior / CV. Nazuka Kaori)
Hoshido Kingdom's eldest daughter. She began training as a pegasus warrior after the protagonist was kidnapped by Nohr Kingdom.

- Takumi (Archer / CV. Kaji Yuuki)
Ryouma's younger brother. In order to obtain other's recognition of his own strength, he has been perfecting his martial arts. He has a somewhat suspicious personality.

- Sakura (Shrine Maiden/Priestess / CV. Kanemoto Hisako)
Ryouma, Hinoka, and Takumi's younger sister. Unlike the other three, she's shy and timid.

Top Bottom