• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
So word of IGA's new project made it here already, huh? And cooperating with Inti Creates no less. I gotta say this is very promising, along with Mighty No. 9 and Yooka-Laylee. I've been wondering when IGA would be active again, because I've been jonesing for some Castlevania action something fierce.

Though one has to wonder, what with all of these developers leaving their original haunts to pursue their own projects, what's going to happen to the series they were originally known for? But it's good to see that their departure doesn't mean the end of what made those series so good in the first place.

Also, Igavania. That's a word now.

And IGA confirmed to be a vampire.:demon:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Just when I thought I couldn't like Darunia more, I find out that he can score OHKOs on bosses when he uses his rolling Strong Attack on their Weak Point Gauge when he has a Megaton Hammer with at least one star.

And that's with no Strong Attack+ or Finishing Blow+ skills, nor with his Weak Point Badge maxed out.

<3

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Well, this is big.

The big stuff
The ones I care about

The White Kingdom has key characters such as Ryoma [CV: Yuichi Nakamura], Hinoka [CV: Kaori Nazuka], Takumi [CV: Yuki Kaji], and Sakura [CV: Hisako Kanemoto].

Meanwhile, the Black Kingdom has Marx [CV: Katsuyuki Konishi], Camilla [CV: Miyuki Sawashiro], Leon [CV: Mamoru Miyano], and Elise [CV: Ayaka Suwa].

Fire Emblem If will have a the “Casual” mode that will allow your fallen units to return to your party after clearing the map, and will have an even easier mode called “Phoenix” mode, which revives fallen units on the following turn. This should make it easier for those that want to play the Black Kingdom story without the harder challenges holding them back. Keep in mind, however, that once you change a mode or difficulty setting, you will not be able to change it back.

There’s a total of nine save data slots, and with each additional DLC scenario, it will increase by three more save slots. Additionally, the limited number of times a weapon can be used has been abolished, so that means you won’t have to worry about keep buying the same weapon, or holding back on powerful or useful weapons, and you’ll mainly have to worry about which weapons to equip for certain fights, when given the choice.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, this is big.

The big stuff
The ones I care about

The White Kingdom has key characters such as Ryoma [CV: Yuichi Nakamura], Hinoka [CV: Kaori Nazuka], Takumi [CV: Yuki Kaji], and Sakura [CV: Hisako Kanemoto].

Meanwhile, the Black Kingdom has Marx [CV: Katsuyuki Konishi], Camilla [CV: Miyuki Sawashiro], Leon [CV: Mamoru Miyano], and Elise [CV: Ayaka Suwa].

Fire Emblem If will have a the “Casual” mode that will allow your fallen units to return to your party after clearing the map, and will have an even easier mode called “Phoenix” mode, which revives fallen units on the following turn. This should make it easier for those that want to play the Black Kingdom story without the harder challenges holding them back. Keep in mind, however, that once you change a mode or difficulty setting, you will not be able to change it back.

There’s a total of nine save data slots, and with each additional DLC scenario, it will increase by three more save slots. Additionally, the limited number of times a weapon can be used has been abolished, so that means you won’t have to worry about keep buying the same weapon, or holding back on powerful or useful weapons, and you’ll mainly have to worry about which weapons to equip for certain fights, when given the choice.
Shaping up nicely indeed. Glad they their lessons from Awakening and reintroduced multiple types of victory conditions. Dragon pulse sounds interesting - I don't remember any previous FE game having significant terrain changes mid-combat.

Since weapon use has been abolished... we might see greater variety of weapons instead. There has to something to make you spend that money.

:231:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I have mixed feelings on these latest announcements.

Bringing Casual mode back is totally fine. I expected that.

Phoenix mode though? Reallly?????? How garbage do you have to be at this game that you need your units to respawn EVERY TURN?? Like, that's just a little too much IMO, even for casuals.

I'm also initially not keen on them removing weapon durability. That was a gigantic part of the planning aspect of the game. It doesn't look like they have anything directly replacing it, so that's more depth lost in the name of making things easier for casuals. Not too happy about that one.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Infinite weapon durability obviously means Anna will show up more frequently to hawk even better, shinier weapons upon you.

How can you say no to this face?

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I slept through so much interesting conversation last night. It's maddening. :drflip:
I've pulled out that Drifloon a lot recently. Hmm.

Lemme add my two in here briefly and then I'll clam up.
  • I run Twili Midna in HW, for what little I've played, because bridge bridge bridge moon cannon. Seriously, that bridge is just satisfying to me for some reason. Sweep sweep sweep.
  • Phoenix mode seems like it's taking Casual mode too far. Casual mode I understand and even respect, but this removes all sense of danger. I sincerely doubt it will be well-received.
Lastly, I've got time to kill and an itch to make up for the play I missed out on previously, if anyone's up for a few rounds.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Infinite weapon durability obviously means Anna will show up more frequently to hawk even better, shinier weapons upon you.

How can you say no to this face?
It's all part of the master plan by the Swag Goddess herself.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Phoenix mode though? Reallly?????? How garbage do you have to be at this game that you need your units to respawn EVERY TURN?? Like, that's just a little too much IMO, even for casuals.
I understand it's a mode that can be simply ignored, but how bad must a player be to need such levels of babysitting? They might as well give a super guide after losing a unit :010:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
We shouldn't complain about these modes since we're not gonna choose 'em though, right? That's what elitists do. :4robinm:

And let's now wait until they make a mode where they turn Fire Emblem-game into a movie.

And yeah, the weapon durability is gonna be quite a bummer to go. I liked the feeling of realism in FE-games instead of being a straight-forward RPG. I hope they don't make getting weapons more boring than it is (also I guess some weapons need to be say goodbye to)

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Screenshots from the latest Famitsu

And the classes of the Nohr family.

Elise is a Rod Knight

Leon is a Dark Knight

Marx is a Paladin

Camilla is a Revenant Knight.

Can someone please translate the avatar build from the second image?

Never mind. Found them.
  • Body Type
  • Hair
  • Hair Accessory (Female Only)
  • Hair Color
  • Face
  • Face Special Markings (Presumably)
  • Voice

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Oh hey, it seems Phoenix Wright and Maya will be in that Project X Zone 2 @Moydow
Lets hope they don't turn Maya into some fanservice machine like 90% of the female cast of the first game :117:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, this is big.

The big stuff
The ones I care about

1. No more... limited weapon usage? ;-; That removes some strategy... hopefully they will compensate for such a major change to the franchise.
2. Return of Casual Mode? YES!
3. Dragon Pulse sounds interesting. I hope that it's implemented well.
4. Phoenix mode? I can only imagine how that goes...
...Your unit is dead?

There is a contradiction within your statement. Because you chose Phoenix mode... *desk slam*
YOUR UNIT GETS REVIVED!
Honestly, I am not too keen on a change like this. Like, how bad do you have to be on Casual Mode for this?
And yes, I couldn't resist.

Do you like having fun?
Yes, I love having fun.

Oh hey, it seems Phoenix Wright and Maya will be in that Project X Zone 2 @Moydow
Lets hope they don't turn Maya into some fanservice machine like 90% of the female cast of the first game :117:
Links.
I need links.
Can I have them please?

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Phoenix Mode sounds a little too much doesn't it? It sounds like a cheat mode to me.

And the unlimited weapon uses sounds like something that should have been implemented in Casual Mode rather than the entire game. I'm sure they'll do something to compensate for it, like harder difficulty and more expensive gear.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
"This should make it easier for those that want to play the Black Kingdom story without the harder challenges holding them back."

They make it sound like it's Lunatic levels of difficulty

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I can live with the different game modes. Optional and whatnot.

Unlimited weapon durability bugs me though.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Um...

Removing weapon durability? What was wrong with it? That's like, a key aspect of planning battles. Removing it makes it so you can mindlessly rush into missions without a second thought, whereas with it you're inclined to stop, look at your inventory, and restock appropriately for the next mission, and it punishes you if you don't. Removing that is a big WTF kind of thing. I'm sincerely hoping at this point that it's an option you can toggle on/off, because I actually like that mechanic.

As for :250: mode, even if it's optional and you're not forced to play it...really?
Does anyone actually need a mode where basically any semblance of difficulty is removed? There's a certain merit to failing missions, so you can see what you did wrong, what unit you needlessly let die, and it trains you for any possible Classic and/or Lunatic runs. Adding that is kind of like saying "here, let me hold you by the hand the whole way through".

Which I see as kind of an insult to the player. Can't win? Sure, cheat mode!

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
so let me get this straight a mechanic that has been theresince the beggining and has been added to Smash 4 robin is getting removed?! whut

anyhows @ Mr. Johan Mr. Johan I owe you some battles

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
The Phoenix Mode is kinda cheap I have to agree.

Still though... I don't have to play it, so I really don't care. I think I'll just stick with Casual.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
The Phoenix Mode is kinda cheap I have to agree.

Still though... I don't have to play it, so I really don't care. I think I'll just stick with Casual.
Get good and play Classic mode you baby. Only play Casual for story which FE hasn't had a decent story ever.

Go play Classic to experience the true FE feel

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Well, this is big.

The big stuff
The ones I care about
Bias, that's good to hear.

K.

K. I never use the casual modes anyway.

T-t-they took out one of the core elements in FE? That was a stupid decision, weapon durability added balance.

I'm not pleased.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
so let me get this straight a mechanic that has been theresince the beggining and has been added to Smash 4 robin is getting removed?! whut

anyhows @ Mr. Johan Mr. Johan I owe you some battles
I just realized this...

Eh well, GAIDEN DID IT ANYWAY BEFORE SO LOL WHY THE SURPRISE

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I just realized this...

Eh well, GAIDEN DID IT ANYWAY BEFORE SO LOL WHY THE SURPRISE
I was gonna point out this after reading some comments on articles on the subject. Ehhhh...is it bad Gaiden is probably the FE I care to play the least? I already highly doubt I'll play any pre-localization FE after how disappointing Binding Blade was, but that one in particular always struck me as the least interesting of the bunch, the art direction probably doesn't help either

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Phoenix Mode sounds really patronizing. Like they need to cater to the casuals who are too bad for casual mode.

As for the weapon durability thing, I'm actually pretty optimistic. I'm just hoping Intelligent Systems balances out things like weapon/gold availability, weapon variety, and the really broken things like Nosferatu and the Brave Weapons to reflect this major change.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Do you want to know how to extend weapon durability in Awakening?

Armsthrift. :4robinm:

Enjoy your infinite Mire snipes. :4wario:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Well, this is big.

The big stuff
The ones I care about

Even I think Phoenix mode is silly, but I'll just not choose it. I admit I'll likely stick with Casual though because nobody dies on my watch.

I'm mixed on the loss of weapons breaking. Using them wisely was part of the challenge, but it's not like I had to deal with weapon shortages in Awakening often even with the mechanic. It'd still be nice to give us the option to choose between having weapons break or not, though.

I wonder if this means we'll get more weapon variety though and will have new strategy in deciding which weapons to equip instead.

Also, NINE SAVE SLOTS.
"This should make it easier for those that want to play the Black Kingdom story without the harder challenges holding them back."

They make it sound like it's Lunatic levels of difficulty
That's worrying me, since Nohr is the one I wanted to play more... But it should be doable with Casual mode... Right?
Get good and play Classic mode you baby. Only play Casual for story which FE hasn't had a decent story ever.

Go play Classic to experience the true FE feel
And this kind of elitism is why I was afraid to interact much with the FE fanbase when I first beat Awakening on Casual. I understand that some people feel like the dying is part of the experience and I will happily work with it in older games, but if I'm given the option, I'll go Casual.

But I guess I'm not a true FE fan, then. Might as well go sell all my games and just play Imagine Party Babies or something like that since I'm not a true gamer.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
One thing I find a little too easy in Awakening is acquiring gold. When you grind as much as I do and every other enemy drops a small bullion, making a quick fortune becomes too convenient - and that's not even getting into the amount of weapon drops you get from grinding, which can also be sold for some spare change. I tend to buy a lot of stuff whenever I get the chance, and while I run out of money a lot, it's never more than a quick romp to a nearby skirmish to replenish the army's coffers.

There's no real incentive to save money or be thrifty with your gold: if you can't afford something or run out, you can just get more. It made it feel less like you're stockpiling good weapons and more like you're just buying more cold, hard steel than you have room for. At least legendary weapons are rarer to come by, but even so, with Armsthrift and the ability to forge even stronger weapons by default, they're almost unnecessary at higher levels. Hopefully if takes a gander at this issue and at least offers us a reasonable alternative to "buy everything" like an Advance Wars CO, which is kinda what it felt like at times.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I am at least happy we're given 9 save slots instead of 3. Now, I don't have to get rid of one of my files to make room for say a survival run.

Top Bottom