• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Aye, no problem.

Also can we talk for one salty second about the Hyrule Warriors concept art? Cause sweet mother of baby Buddha in a manger on the moon! There are some amazing designs!

Seriously, just give us THESE as DLC outfits, or just use them for Hyrule Warriors 2!
I am still waiting for them to add Linkie to the game.
Of course you'd suggest that name
I was referring to Fred Wesley when i posted it. Not the stupid ****ing bear they desires to die in fire!

I'd go with Luke because Star Wars.
What about the other two?
Forgetting the ladies, are we? :cheep:
You do know Finn is also a girls name, right?

Wouldn't it be changed to more a gender neutral name? Besides, there's already a notable Finn:

And he's pretty cool.
Again, Finn is a gender neutral name. Why can we have two Finn's?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
The only Unisex name that comes to mind for me at the moment, is Taylor.

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
Did not know that. I apologize. As for why there can't be two Finns: mainly because I find it to be an unwritten rule that Fire Emblem doesn't reuse the names of NOTABLE characters. Finn is very important to both Judgral games.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Lana's Level 3 Summoning Gate mission is hard as hell, but damn is it fun.

Have Focal Line going and just massacre everything thing with Gohmas and Giant Cuccos while Argorok surfing. <3

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Nearly everyone will associate the name Finn with a male first.

Gender neutral names are fine, but it's important to know what you choose.
Well, the same could be said for Robin and Morgan.

Just say :cheep:.

Finn is also a good name. I'm not big on Fred though.
Yeah, I just said Fred because I had the thought of Fred Wesley when I posted it. I like Harry Potter.

Did not know that. I apologize. As for why there can't be two Finns: mainly because I find it to be an unwritten rule that Fire Emblem doesn't reuse the names of NOTABLE characters. Finn is very important to both Judgral games.
Well, maybe they could make a reference to it there being another Finn. Then again, FE:If is in it's own time line/world so we could throw that rule out the window.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Personally, I don't think Kamui should have a translated name. Kamui fits perfectly considering it's a gender neutral Japanese name and he/she is from Hoshido, which is heavily inspired by Japan. Plus Kamui just sounds extremely cool lol

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Personally, I don't think Kamui should have a translated name. Kamui fits perfectly considering it's a gender neutral Japanese name and he/she is from Hoshido, which is heavily inspired by Japan. Plus Kamui just sounds extremely cool lol
It does, doesn't it?

Plus since Kamui is the avatar character, we can name he/her whatever we want.
Still names associated with males. Robin Hood, the Robin line from Batman mythos...

And Morgan is also heavily a male name, even if it can be applied to both.
Robin from How I Meet Your Mother :happysheep:. Sorry, I had to say it.

But I do see you point. It's hard think or gender neutral names.

But do you see the point I was making? :)

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
Still names associated with males. Robin Hood, the Robin line from Batman mythos...

And Morgan is also heavily a male name, even if it can be applied to both.
Nico Robin (One Piece). Robin Sena (Witch Hunter Robin). Seems Japan thinks of Robin as more of a female name.

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
What about Jamie for a gender neutral name?

inb4 someone says Jaime Lannister

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
If we want Japanese gender neutral names, there is always Akira.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I managed to get Lana's Level 3 game weapon without having Hasty Attacks. Ballin'

Now to figure out how to do Agitha's Level 3 mission. =V

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I managed to get Lana's Level 3 game weapon without having Hasty Attacks. Ballin'

Now to figure out how to do Agitha's Level 3 mission. =V
Spam Agitha's strong attack on all those Dinoflos. I don't care how tedious it is. Eventually all those minor Dinoflos will go down, and ultimately the major Dinoflos.

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Aye, no problem.

Also can we talk for one salty second about the Hyrule Warriors concept art? Cause sweet mother of baby Buddha in a manger on the moon! There are some amazing designs!

Seriously, just give us THESE as DLC outfits, or just use them for Hyrule Warriors 2!
Heh. The female Link character is in there.

But yeah, those are pretty ****ing sweet. And I thought Zelda looked awesome in the game, but Sweet Mother of Mercy, that's awesome. With that Valkyrie-like winged helmet? That's just awesome. So is the cloaked/mysterious Link.

What about Jamie for a gender neutral name?

inb4 someone says Jamie Lannistar
That's not how you spell Jaime Lannister.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Heh. The female Link character is in there.

But yeah, those are pretty ****ing sweet. And I thought Zelda looked awesome in the game, but Sweet Mother of Mercy, that's awesome. With that Valkyrie-like winged helmet? That's just awesome. So is the cloaked/mysterious Link.
With that awesome cloak it makes Link look like a wizard or sorcerer, which would be perfect for the Magic Rod. Also is it just me or does Ganondorf look like he was taking a lot of inspiration from Walhart?

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
With that awesome cloak it makes Link look like a wizard or sorcerer, which would be perfect for the Magic Rod. Also is it just me or does Ganondorf look like he was taking a lot of inspiration from Walhart?
Top right one? Yeah I can see that.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Spam Agitha's strong attack on all those Dinoflos. I don't care how tedious it is. Eventually all those minor Dinoflos will go down, and ultimately the major Dinoflos.
Ew, the one where she rides the butterfly?

Move's so inaccurate and I get hit with more often than not. :/

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
So I'm the same as Elincia and Sephiran, apparently. Interesting...
I'm sure I'm introverted and sensing, but I think things get a bit more open in the latter two, that being said, I usually get ISTJ from tests, so I guess I'm part of Tanith's group mainly, with Volug's, Oscar's and Mordecai's being possible variables given how my results sometimes fluctuate in the latter 2.
actually posted this a few pages back, definitely the kickstarter that caught my interest the most from all the ones I've seen so far. Yooka Layle already got me curious, but this is ona whole new level of excitement.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Late-as-hell reply because edits don't trigger alerts (only saw this because someone liked a post somewhere), but who cares :p
I can't play today due to how tired I am, but I can definitely play during the weekend if you want! I'm gonna go ahead and add your NNID if that's okay. :D
Dunno if my internet will work at the weekend. Might work at like 2am though, if I try connecting to it about 47 times :p

I'm sure I'm introverted and sensing, but I think things get a bit more open in the latter two, that being said, I usually get ISTJ from tests, so I guess I'm part of Tanith's group mainly, with Volug's, Oscar's and Mordecai's being possible variables given how my results sometimes fluctuate in the latter 2.
Yeah, I get weird results from these tests as well. The only one that's ever consistent is the I (and sometimes the N), the other ones sort of vary depending on when I take the test, and which test I do.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
actually posted this a few pages back, definitely the kickstarter that caught my interest the most from all the ones I've seen so far. Yooka Layle already got me curious, but this is ona whole new level of excitement.
Sorry, must have missed that page.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Ew, the one where she rides the butterfly?

Move's so inaccurate and I get hit with more often than not. :/
That's why I said keep spamming it after the giant butterfly shows up. It's going to hit something eventually.

Top Bottom