• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory

a wild NonspecificHongori appears
Go, Weeman!
Weeman uses Sanic OC
It doesn't affect NonspecificHongori...
NonspecificHongori uses Falcon Punch
It's a 1-hit KO!
Weeman fainted
You've run out of usable Pokemon
Purification completed :4falcon:

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I'm currently working on getting all the pieces of heart and heart containers for everyone. Only because everyone except the five I mentioned plus Ganondorf and Fi are useless on the Twilight and Termina maps. I finished off the Legend Mode Hearts so it's now just the Adventure Mode and leveling up the characters.

During this whole process, Zant is slowly starting to grow on me. I still won't main him, but if his heart pieces can be acquired from a keep, it's fun just to mess around with him.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I love Fi's ability to move as she cuts through her enemies. I'm so used to playing as characters like Ganondorf who have to stop and strike every time they want to hit something - with Fi, you can just keep up the momentum. It makes clearing enemies while you're in a hurry that much easier.

And she's cute as a button, too. Her voice is eminently soothing~ :3

Weeman

Smash Crusader

a wild NonspecificHongori appears
Go, Weeman!
Weeman uses Sanic OC
It doesn't affect NonspecificHongori...
NonspecificHongori uses Falcon Punch
It's a 1-hit KO!
Weeman fainted
You've run out of usable Pokemon
Purification completed :4falcon:
B-but...
I-i already deleted all my Sonic OCs!
I swear!
Even the pregnant ones!
NMniqJM.png

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Thanks for the support errbuddy. As far as I know, nobody has died. Still trying to confirm everybody's status.

On a completely unrelated note, I have decided to main :4bowserjr:. More specifically :4morton:. Why? I mean come on. Who can resist that face?

Dem eyes....

Anyway,

My God... What did I just watch... :sadsheep:
Glad to hear everything is okay on your end, MK.

Oh, and what you witnessed was simply one of the greatest vids to ever grace the Internet with its glorious presence.

Hope you had a wonderful time getting jinxed :)

Man, I wish she was an emote now...

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
He alternates between the absolute worst character and the unrivaled best character.

As young Link, his range is pretty short, and his mobility is kinda lackluster. The only real advantage he has is that he starts sprinting almost instantly.

However, he can convert the yellow bar into the green bar at will, using the basic special attack. When he uses the green bar, he goes into Fierce Deity Link and nothing can stop him. And he can still convert the yellow bar into the green bar. So with enough enemies, he can use Fierce Deity Mode forever, and be a nigh unstoppable **** train as such.

And yeah, I have honestly forgotten the proper names of the bars, and can only refer to them by their colors at this point.
hm. That seems to be the general thought of Young Link. Still, he is the cutest badass in the game. You can't deny that.
Seriously, not only is him welding a two handed sword awesome and his little Kento Mask taunt adorable, when he plays the Song of Time on the Ocarina, it just melts my heart ^w^.

I love Fi's ability to move as she cuts through her enemies. I'm so used to playing as characters like Ganondorf who have to stop and strike every time they want to hit something - with Fi, you can just keep up the momentum. It makes clearing enemies while you're in a hurry that much easier.

And she's cute as a button, too. Her voice is eminently soothing~ :3
I too love Hyrule Warrior's Fi. Particular her voice. I actually wish he HW voice actor did her in Syward Sword. It just so nice :D

D

Deleted member

All of this talk about Hyrule Warriors makes me want to get it...
Should I get it or no and why?

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
He alternates between the absolute worst character and the unrivaled best character.

As young Link, his range is pretty short, and his mobility is kinda lackluster. The only real advantage he has is that he starts sprinting almost instantly.

However, he can convert the yellow bar into the green bar at will, using the basic special attack. When he uses the green bar, he goes into Fierce Deity Link and nothing can stop him. And he can still convert the yellow bar into the green bar. So with enough enemies, he can use Fierce Deity Mode forever, and be a nigh unstoppable **** train as such.

And yeah, I have honestly forgotten the proper names of the bars, and can only refer to them by their colors at this point.
Actually even as a kid YL is pretty good. His weak ariel attack allows him to combo for days. Here's a good showing of that.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
It's kind of a tough call. Koei's "Warriors" series of games are some of the most polarizing around. If you enjoy ridiculously over the top hack n' slash action, then I would highly recommend. However if you get bored of that kind of gameplay easily, then you'll probably get burned out pretty quick. All in all, Hyrule Warriors is in my mind one of Koei's most well done Warriors games, so again, if you don't find the gameplay overly repetitive, then the game is an absolute blast.

(Quick shameless plug for Dynasty Warriors 8 and Warriors Orochi 3, two of the BEST Warriors games. Seriously for anyone who enjoys HW but hasn't played any of Koei's main series, check these two out, I doubt you'll be disappointed. I mean WO3 has the biggest cast of playable characters in ANY game at a whopping 145 CHARACTERS in the Ultimate version)

Last edited:

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
So does anybody think Kamui's name will be localized? I doubt it because Kamui's birth (and name) origin is Hoshido. The most Japanese inspired Fire Emblem country yet and it's only logical that the Japanese inspired country keeps Japanese names.

I'll miss Kamui if it isn't the default name...

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
So does anybody think Kamui's name will be localized? I doubt it because Kamui's birth (and name) origin is Hoshido. The most Japanese inspired Fire Emblem country yet and it's only logical that the Japanese inspired country keeps Japanese names.

I'll miss Kamui if it isn't the default name...
You can always just name your avatar that name if you want. Reflet is :4robinm:/:4robinf: Japanese name.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
You can play as Darunia and destroy your own people.

Ganondorf does the item get. Oh, and you plays as him too!

Everything made by Setzeri.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
While we are on the topic of Hyrule Warriors and Young Link, does anyone know where I can get the Young Link Sprite from the Adventure mode?

Whoa Robin Thread slow it down.
We are just trying to compensate for the Slow running speed we got :p

Gotta say, Vaike looks awfully fitting on @ Weeman Weeman
Well, they do share many similarities in my opinion.

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
I was hoping to get a taste of Hyrule Warriors with Samurai Warriors on Wii, and I did not like it. However, I still want to try out HW, if only for all the cool Zelda references... :nervous:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
While we are on the topic of Hyrule Warriors and Young Link, does anyone know where I can get the Young Link Sprite from the Adventure mode?

We are just trying to compensate for the Slow running speed we got :p

Well, they do share many similarities in my opinion.
Closest I could find.

I was hoping to get a taste of Hyrule Warriors with Samurai Warriors on Wii, and I did not like it. However, I still want to try out HW, if only for all the cool Zelda references... :nervous:
To vouch for the Samurai Warriors series, 3 had some of the slowest gameplay and most lifeless maps. I would implore you not to hold it too hard against the series as a whole.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's kind of a tough call. Koei's "Warriors" series of games are some of the most polarizing around. If you enjoy ridiculously over the top hack n' slash action, then I would highly recommend. However if you get bored of that kind of gameplay easily, then you'll probably get burned out pretty quick. All in all, Hyrule Warriors is in my mind one of Koei's most well done Warriors games, so again, if you don't find the gameplay overly repetitive, then the game is an absolute blast.

(Quick shameless plug for Dynasty Warriors 8 and Warriors Orochi 3, two of the BEST Warriors games. Seriously for anyone who enjoys HW but hasn't played any of Koei's main series, check these two out, I doubt you'll be disappointed. I mean WO3 has the biggest cast of playable characters in ANY game at a whopping 145 CHARACTERS in the Ultimate version)
Hmm... OK.
I never played a Warriors game, but I love Zelda.
I didn't get it because I was unsure if it was going to be good or not.
With the praise that it has received, I think that I might get it, despite how repetitive it might be.
It was either this or Majora's Mask 3D, which is a remake of a game that I have on the Wii.

You can play as Darunia and destroy your own people.

Ganondorf does the item get. Oh, and you plays as him too!

Everything made by Setzeri.

I really want to play this game for Ganondorf really. I want to experience the Ganondorf that we will never get in Smash.

No you shouldn't
Because Groose is not playable.
View attachment 51275
This made me upset. :( Groose should have been playable.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
A long time ago, you used to be able to do this.
It was tragically patched in the end.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I would say no but it appears that you are miss your axe again.

Still awesome. Thanks man :). Now I just need to find you as a gif.
Aye, no problem.

Also can we talk for one salty second about the Hyrule Warriors concept art? Cause sweet mother of baby Buddha in a manger on the moon! There are some amazing designs!

Seriously, just give us THESE as DLC outfits, or just use them for Hyrule Warriors 2!

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I don't really have a main in Hyrule Warriors. I guess Magic Rod Link, Dominion Rod Zelda, and Darunia are the closest to that.

There are two characters I absolutely hate using though: Midna and Ruto. It seems like everything they do, someone else does phenomenally better.

Top Bottom