• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Is the attack/guard stance for pair up mean that the other person in the pairing is more likely to attack/defend?

If so, that'd be awesome. In Awakening, I remember sometimes cursing when I have a really strong unit with a much weaker unit, and the strong unit attacking more often than defending. It's like, "No Chrom, I want you to put your ass between your buddy and the enemy, not your sword in the enemy."

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Does anyone need a hug after hearing about unlimited weapon uses? <3

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I never played the original, but wasn't it supposed to be really mediocre? I still might be tempted to check this out for dat Phoenix Wright.
Never played it, but I saw a lot of gameplay from it when one of my subscriptions was playing it...it doesn't look good at all, IMO. Super repetitive combat, a story mode that seems to never end, a plot with very little sense or even fun dialogues put into it and an unhealthy amount of fanservice throw into it (even with characters that aren't supposed to be fanservice like Tron Bonne). I think that the only thing it has going for is the concept of seeing some of your favorite characters from different series exchanging a few lines, asides from that...eh.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Good games to you, as well. Anything you can think of that I need to work on?
Hard to say, but one thing that stood out to me was that you sometimes left yourself vulnerable while landing. Several times I was able to punish you for landing on a platform above me. Gotta respect Robin's Up-Air.

Other than that, I'd say just try to mix things up a bit and you'll do fine. :)

Weeman

Smash Crusader
That moment when the thread is really active speculating about FE 14 and you get home 5 hours later
tumblr_mec3lqCnpg1qce7tgo4_500.gif

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I just read the thing about Pair Up being divided into Attack Stance and Guard Stance and couldn't help but being reminded of:
View attachment 51398
But it actually sounds like a good solution.
Having the mechanic nerfed and having it take more strategy by dividing it, but without removing all the benefits altogether, could be an ideal solution.
What do you mean? (not the joke, the info about FE:if pair up ability)
Does anyone need a hug after hearing about unlimited weapon uses? <3

Not sure why I need a hug, but it does intrigue me as to what the game will be like we I don't have to worry about my unit dying because they ran out of weapons. Then again, it could make the game a little easy.

Also, I don't get the picture....

That moment when the thread is really active speculating about FE 14 and you get home 5 hours later
View attachment 51407
This^. So much of this.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
What do you mean? (not the joke, the info about FE:if pair up ability)
There was a Famitsu leak pertaining to FE: If wich got translated by Serenesforest.
Many things were found, such as the new "Phoenix mode", weapons now having unlimited uses, and the pair up system recieving an overhaul, wich consists in having two sepoarate stances, attack stance wich will work like dual strike (and guard i think), and defense stance wich will have the passive stat boosts for the unit.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
There was a Famitsu leak pertaining to FE: If wich got translated by Serenesforest.
Many things were found, such as the new "Phoenix mode", weapons now having unlimited uses, and the pair up system recieving an overhaul, wich consists in having two sepoarate stances, attack stance wich will work like dual strike (and guard i think), and defense stance wich will have the passive stat boosts for the unit.
Oh, i see. That makes much more sense, thank you :D.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Well I'm home and tired after my smashfest. Not as many people entered with only 13 sign ups and I got 3rd (again...)

It's a nice warm up for a big regional tournament I have coming up next weekend on the 23-24th. In light of that upcoming event, I'd be happy to play with whoever in the next couple days. If anyone's interested, I'd be willing to play tomorrow after I get off work or anytime on Thursday.

Though for now, it's beddy bye time;

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Oh, so the Dorf Patrol is in town, eh?
Good thing a hero just arrived!View attachment 51377

The link won't work for me ;-;

Will this do?
Yeesh, I don't know if I want to know what vision the poor guy had there.
I just read the thing about Pair Up being divided into Attack Stance and Guard Stance and couldn't help but being reminded of:
View attachment 51398
But it actually sounds like a good solution.
Having the mechanic nerfed and having it take more strategy by dividing it, but without removing all the benefits altogether, could be an ideal solution.
I adore this idea. I think that's perfect.
Wait, so that thing above is canon? Neat.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Imagine that with IF's unlimited weapon durability announcement, that Robin in Smash had that entire mechanic altered to be in line with the new game.

It'd be both the dumbest decision ever and the greatest Robin buff ever.

:cheep:

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
Imagine that with IF's unlimited weapon durability announcement, that Robin in Smash had that entire mechanic altered to be in line with the new game.

It'd be both the dumbest decision ever and the greatest Robin buff ever.

:cheep:
If they remove that then we can't get amazing tome kills anymore though.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I'm not here to talk, I'm just here to say that @The Dorf Patrol patrol is the best name change since ever.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Home from escapades.

All caught up but nothing to add. Y'all pretty much said it all.

Anyone up for a few scrub rounds?

RobinOnDrugs

Not sure why I need a hug, but it does intrigue me as to what the game will be like we I don't have to worry about my unit dying because they ran out of weapons. Then again, it could make the game a little easy.

Also, I don't get the picture....
I wanted people to think I posted a certain Camilla gif because of spoiler tags but instead they got Dio, but looks like it didn't work.

Oh well, at least we got more funny pictures out of it!

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Here's my thoughts on the whole Aqua being born in Nohr but abducted by Hoshido. I knew there was something suspicious about that Hoshido woman.

Look at her facial expression. Does that not scream secretly evil? She's probably trying to exploit Aqua's gift and what not, and with Kamui at her side, she can use them to conquer and enslave the Nohr Empire. All under the guise of being a "peace-loving" nation.

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I'M BAAAACCCCCKKKK!!!!!!! :awesome:

I have returned from two gruelling days without a computer. I also come bearing two pics to rub in everyone's faces. :troll:

I've missed you all SO much and I'm looking forward to catching up on the craziness I have missed! :happysheep::happysheep::happysheep:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

Came for Dorf, stayed for DIO SAMAAA

RobinOnDrugs

It appears that I have unleashed Dio onto the Robin Social Thread.

I regret nothing!

Top Bottom