• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
What the hell as gone on in this thread?!

any way, about some of IFs new mechanics. The more I think about, the more I realise how silly the unlimited weapon mechanic is in IF. I wished the had given us an option of whether or not we want to have unlimited weapons use on. And with Phoenix mode, I think I will only be using in in the Nohr side of the game. Even then I might not.

I wanted people to think I posted a certain Camilla gif because of spoiler tags but instead they got Dio, but looks like it didn't work.

Oh well, at least we got more funny pictures out of it!

I still don't get it..........

My reaction to returning to this social thread. :estatic:

OH. MY SIDES :joyful:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
The moment I realized my precious Lucina Amiibo was missing some paint on the cape.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
The moment I realized my precious Lucina Amiibo was missing some paint on the cape.

You could sell it on eBay for thousands of dollars!

RARE DEFECTIVE LUCINA AMIIBO! MISSING PAINT ON CAPE! VERY RARE!

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
You could sell it on eBay for thousands of dollars!

RARE DEFECTIVE LUCINA AMIIBO! MISSING PAINT ON CAPE! VERY RARE!
Well, it's not missing alot of paint, just a dot on the cape, but it still bugs the crap out of me for some reason! :mad:

D

Deleted member

Where I live we only get Mario, Peach, Pikachu, and Zelda amiibos.
And don't get me started on those pre-orders.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I'm scared about my Ness turning out bad.:c

Not as bad as my invisible Robin and Lucina, though.

How long do the preordered Amiibos usually take to ship? I've never done it before this wave.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Well, it's not missing alot of paint, just a dot on the cape, but it still bugs the crap out of me for some reason! :mad:
That's it? Well, if you can sell a legless Peach amiibo for $20,000, then this Lucina amiibo could be sold for double or even triple thanks to her rarity!

SUPER RARE DEFECTIVE LUCINA AMIIBO! MISSING A DOT OF PAINT ON HER CAPE!! SO VERY RARE!!!

Just how big is the dot on her cape?

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I think my Ike has a bit of a defect
HNI_0014.JPG

I woke up this morning and realized he duplicated himself.

The story was that I preordered Ike at Gamestop back when he was announced. My preorder got pushed back and I forgot about it, and later went online to get one. Now I got the one from Gamestop and I'm debating on whether I should keep it in case I ever wanted to try trading it for something, or if I should just give it to someone.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Maeda Kouhe (From now on, Maeda): The customization of “MyUnit” has been improved since “Awakening,” and so one can edit down to even more specific looks.
Glasses.

Now.

I demand it.

–A way to casually view the story, hmm? Does choosing Phoenix mode cause any limitations such as being unable to view the best ending?

Higuchi: Just because a player chooses Phoenix mode does not mean they will miss out on any scenes or items. However, if you change from Classic Mode to Casual or Phoenix Mode, that data will be unable to change back. For those proficient in the series who want the sense of accomplishment in completing “IF” on Classic, please play on Classic without changing all the way to the end.
No easy mode mockery.

I suppose that's...fine?

I'm pissed that there's nothing on weapon durability, though.

An explanation for THAT would have been nice.

Last edited:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Glasses.

Now.

No easy mode mockery.

I suppose that's...fine?

I'm pissed that there's nothing on weapon durability, though.

An explanation for THAT would have been nice.
Yeah, there should have been an explanation for its removal. Hopefully it's only for this installment.

I find it weird how they added Phoenix Mode to the game despite admitting that it goes against FE's gameplay. It's essentially a glorified cheat mode where you can go through the entire story without any sort of conflict.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
That's it? Well, if you can sell a legless Peach amiibo for $20,000, then this Lucina amiibo could be sold for double or even triple thanks to her rarity!

SUPER RARE DEFECTIVE LUCINA AMIIBO! MISSING A DOT OF PAINT ON HER CAPE!! SO VERY RARE!!!

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Regarding the weapon durability being gone:
Masahiro Higuchi said:
In this game, we bring back a mechanic that had not been used since “Gaiden” on the Famicom –the weapons do not have any limit in uses, you can use them as many times as you would like. However, there are variations in ability/performance of each weapon. Rather than conserving weapons, the strategy will revolve around those weapons which are equipped.
So it's more about having the right tool for the job, rather than if that tool will break during the job.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I think my Ike has a bit of a defect
View attachment 51509

I woke up this morning and realized he duplicated himself.

The story was that I preordered Ike at Gamestop back when he was announced. My preorder got pushed back and I forgot about it, and later went online to get one. Now I got the one from Gamestop and I'm debating on whether I should keep it in case I ever wanted to try trading it for something, or if I should just give it to someone.
I'd love to buy it from you. I trust you FAR more than GameStop or any other online retailer.

I'd pay a few dollars extra too... But I am strapped for funds so...

Last edited:

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I'd love to buy it from you. I trust you FAR more than GameStop or any other online retailer.

I'd pay a few dollars extra too... But I am strapped for funds so...
Honestly I wouldn't ask for any money from anyone in this thread for if they wanted any of my extra/undesired amiibos. You were the first person I considered giving it to anyway since I know how much you love Ike, that and all the misfortune you've had in your searches of getting an Ike amiibo.

So I'd be happy to ship it over to you free of charge as a token of the bonds we all share here in this wonderful place we call our social thread.
:4robinm:

And with how much you love that Ike who fights for his friends, I think I can say that you've got a friend in me.
:4myfriends:

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Glasses.

Now.

I demand it.
And Beards

And Moustaches

And Better Hair for the Younger version of the Male Avatar.

Regarding the weapon durability being gone:

So it's more about having the right tool for the job, rather than if that tool will break during the job.
Yeah, after found that out, it made my much more happy about the decision. Adds a new level of strategy to the game :4robinm:.

And with how much you love that Ike who fights for his friends, I think I can say that you've got a friend in me.
Oh the memories. So many of them. Such nostalgia

Why can I like this more than once?

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist

As you can see, it's REALLY small and barely noticeable, but now that I've seen it, I have a hard time ignoring it due to my OCD over my video game related products, especially when it comes to my beautiful :4lucina:.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Oh the memories. So many of them. Such nostalgia

Why can I like this more than once?
Well technically you can. You just have to unlike it, then like it again. c:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Honestly I wouldn't ask for any money from anyone in this thread for if they wanted any of my extra/undesired amiibos. You were the first person I considered giving it to anyway since I know how much you love Ike, that and all the misfortune you've had in your searches of getting an Ike amiibo.

So I'd be happy to ship it over to you free of charge as a token of the bonds we all share here in this wonderful place we call our social thread.

Wow, man! That's super awesome of you!

I hate to just take it from you, though, without some way to repay the favor...

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581

I know this sounds super cheesy but, just the idea of the Ike going to a good home is enough for me. :)

I can just grab your info in a PM and I'll try to ship it out to you tomorrow if not by the end of the week.

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
So...can people finally respect that the removal of weapon durability is suppose to be a throwback to Fire Emblem Gaiden?

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I know this sounds super cheesy but, just the idea of the Ike going to a good home is enough for me. :)

I can just grab your info in a PM and I'll try to ship it out to you tomorrow if not by the end of the week.
Alright, man sounds awesome! I'll shoot you my address sometime tonight.

Thank you soo much, again.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP

You make your Ike amiibo sound like a dog you're parting with or something.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory

a bond was forged!
So, Fire Emblem If is kinda having a similar concept to the berserk state in Digital Devil Saga 2? That's interesting.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
You make your Ike amiibo sound like a dog you're parting with or something.
I see my amiibo more as my children. Unfortunately I'm not the best parent because this is how I view them

zlCfzTAtqDAAjzhrw8 (1).jpg

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

As you can see, it's REALLY small and barely noticeable, but now that I've seen it, I have a hard time ignoring it due to my OCD over my video game related products, especially when it comes to my beautiful :4lucina:.
Then get a blue text or something and colour over it. Solved :happysheep:.

Well technically you can. You just have to unlike it, then like it again. c:
But then wouldn't you Alert Box be filled with "Unknown Hero Likes this post" over and over again and it's the same post?

Oh I know. Like the crap out of every post @ Célja Célja makes from now on. :4dedede:

BindingShield

Smash Journeyman
NNID
M2TheC
TwoTHREE major things.
"Maeda: A system like Phoenix Mode which lets fallen characters revive the very next turn I thought to be system ill-fitting of FE. However, it was deemed necessary for players who may think, “This is very interesting, but seems much too difficult for me. But with this mode, maybe even I can play it?” With these players in mind, this mode was born."
So even some of the developers agree that Phoenix mode doesn't fit with the themes of death in FE. At least this will end some forum debates.

Do characters who become allies also appear as enemies on the other path?

–Maeda: Yes. They appear as quite formidable enemies even. While we had done the idea of fighting a friend turned foe in the series before, it was not implemented on a grand scale. As this game was developed on a grand scale with branching storylines, we believe the system was implemented quite smoothly this time.
So we do kill the Hoshidan Scum our stalwart allies if we play both routes. Glorious! Waifu killing galore! WHEEEE!

Finally, it has been confirmed that Aqua is a Nohrian Princess kidnapped by the Hoshidans. In otherwards, either the Hoshidans are petty kidnappers who did the exact same thing Nohr did to Kamui, or the Hoshidans kidnapped Kamui first and Nohr retaliated. Well, it could have been a mutual trade but who knows? All that matters is that things aren't so black and white anymore.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader

Not so invisible bonds anymore huh?
Closer.gif

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
TwoTHREE major things.
"Maeda: A system like Phoenix Mode which lets fallen characters revive the very next turn I thought to be system ill-fitting of FE. However, it was deemed necessary for players who may think, “This is very interesting, but seems much too difficult for me. But with this mode, maybe even I can play it?” With these players in mind, this mode was born."
So even some of the developers agree that Phoenix mode doesn't fit with the themes of death in FE. At least this will end some forum debates.

Do characters who become allies also appear as enemies on the other path?

–Maeda: Yes. They appear as quite formidable enemies even. While we had done the idea of fighting a friend turned foe in the series before, it was not implemented on a grand scale. As this game was developed on a grand scale with branching storylines, we believe the system was implemented quite smoothly this time.
So we do kill the Hoshidan Scum our stalwart allies if we play both routes. Glorious! Waifu killing galore! WHEEEE!

Finally, it has been confirmed that Aqua is a Nohrian Princess kidnapped by the Hoshidans. In otherwards, either the Hoshidans are petty kidnappers who did the exact same thing Nohr did to Kamui, or the Hoshidans kidnapped Kamui first and Nohr retaliated. Well, it could have been a mutual trade but who knows? All that matters is that things aren't so black and white anymore.
I like how both sides are grayer than once anticipated. Now the real question lies with who shot first, and how did it happen in the first place? What's even more interesting is that they didn't talk about who helps you in the 3rd storyline, holding off on that until a later time.

BindingShield

Smash Journeyman
NNID
M2TheC
I like how both sides are grayer than once anticipated. Now the real question lies with who shot first, and how did it happen in the first place? What's even more interesting is that they didn't talk about who helps you in the 3rd storyline, holding off on that until a later time.
WHO SHOT FIRST.
I'm going to say Nohr to be honest. I doubt a Japanese company will portray Not-Japan as the aggressor. However, Nohr will always be the first in my heart.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Have you guys discovered the majesty of Blue Robin yet? :4robinm:

Last edited:
Top Bottom