• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
LATIN LATIN LATIN LATIN LATIN RUSSIAN LATIN LATIN LATIN

The guy was legitimately confused, even though he was in character during the whole thing.

I did it as a joke anyway, wasn't expecting anything significant.
you underestimate Doom's acting power :p
(I know the guy doesn't actually know about footdives)

Hong

The Strongest
You'd think most of Robin's throws would be useful considering it has like, no range I guess.

Oh and also that he's got the most ending lag out of any other character's grabs too.
Way back when in Melee, it mentioned in one trophy or another that characters with supernatural powers were supposed to have strong throws, hence Ness, Mewtwo, and Zelda having really strong kill throw options.

Robin magically gained the power of telekinesis in Smash 4, Was kind of hoping it would have meant the same. Shame only the bthrow seems to have any potency.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
@ Kotor Kotor
Rejoice, o brother in St. Garon, for we have both been blessed by his kindness!
(I think I can make a pretty good guess as to who is responsible...)

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Way back when in Melee, it mentioned in one trophy or another that characters with supernatural powers were supposed to have strong throws, hence Ness, Mewtwo, and Zelda having really strong kill throw options.

Robin magically gained the power of telekinesis in Smash 4, Was kind of hoping it would have meant the same. Shame only the bthrow seems to have any potency.
Granted, you can kill off of the down throw with the Levin Sword if the % is high enough. So that's some small potential, I guess.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
You realize you just doomed yourself to being pranked, right?
Now see, that's reverse psychology in play. They now can't tell if that's exactly what I want or not, and if doing the deed will or won't end with my own satisfaction.

So in essence, I'm pranking them. Ha-Ha.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
The only sure fire way is to be a staff members. Unfortunately.

:231:
Premium members can't be pranked either.

So that makes two ways.

I admit to being a slight bit disappointed when my prank on False was overridden by his Premium.

Last edited:

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276

Das exactly wut I wuz thinkin'. Before Smash came out, I was expecting him to have some pretty powerful throws... I was disappointed. It makes NO sense for Robin not to have epic throws... Make it happen, Sakuri!

Sonic Storm seems like a decent mod. I mean he's dealt with tigers and tornadoes at the same time, he's got experience.
I've dealt with worse. I've never been one to get upset about such things. Nor has anybody I know ever been super paranoid during such occurrences. People assume that just because somebody's life is in danger, that means that person must be crying while sitting in a corner, rocking back and forth, and sucking their thumb. It's really not that scary, though.

Not while you can just play Smash while you wait for things to get better. :happysheep:

Hong

The Strongest
If I had a Loid or Starman charm i would lose my ****ing mind. :colorful:

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Ah, so it was a blessing from St. Garon himself. I am honored by his kindness.
Now I regret not Pranking you. Would have been hilarious if I had done it and you reacted this way.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I wish they'd bring the Awakening keychains at a decent price still, doesn't help they usually force to to buy the entire set most of the time :137:
When you look at some of their prices on ebay

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
ओं वज्रधर्म कामुइ।

I wish it actually meant something. Oh well. :p

I always wondered what it meant in SCV. I figured it was just Kilik uttering spiritual terms in at attempt to sound deep and meaningful.

I know what the words mean individually, but does "Om vajradharma Kilik" actually mean something in practice?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I always wondered what it meant in SCV. I figured it was just Kilik uttering spiritual terms in at attempt to sound deep and meaningful.

I know what the words mean individually, but does "Om vajradharma Kilik" actually mean something in practice?
Nope, it's meaningless, just like Engrish. :p It's just made to sound like a prayer - The phrase is literally 4 nouns one after another. It can't make sense.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
I always liked how units with shields actually used them in RD. Makes way more sense instead of dodging.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Nope, it's meaningless, just like Engrish. :p It's just made to sound like a prayer - The phrase is literally 4 nouns one after another. It can't make sense.

That's what I thought.

Six years of Religion class taught me something.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
More tornadoes tonight.

And tomorrow.

And Saturday.

I know I call myself Razor Wind, but good lord.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Guys, I have something that will blow your mind for the rest of the day (or night). Ready?

3 men go into a hotel. The man behind the desk says a room is $30 so each man pays $10 and goes to the room.

A while later the man behind the desk realized the room was only $25 so he sent the bellboy to the 3 guys' room with $5. On the way the bellboy couldn't figure out how to split $5 evenly between 3 men, so he gave each man a $1 and kept the other $2 for himself.

This meant that the 3 men each paid $9 for the room, which is a total of $27 add the $2 that the bellboy kept = $29. Where is the other dollar?

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Guys, I have something that will blow your mind for the rest of the day (or night). Ready?

3 men go into a hotel. The man behind the desk says a room is $30 so each man pays $10 and goes to the room.

A while later the man behind the desk realized the room was only $25 so he sent the bellboy to the 3 guys' room with $5. On the way the bellboy couldn't figure out how to split $5 evenly between 3 men, so he gave each man a $1 and kept the other $2 for himself.

This meant that the 3 men each paid $9 for the room, which is a total of $27 add the $2 that the bellboy kept = $29. Where is the other dollar?
There is no spoon other dollar! Taxation from the government! The man behind the desk was conspiring against his boss! The room service was the true culprit!

I have no idea

BindingShield

Smash Journeyman
NNID
M2TheC
The men spent twenty seven dollars. The Bellboy took two dollars.
Okay, reverse the scenario. The men first pay 9 dollars each for a thirty dollar room. After realizing that they have to pay thirty dollars, the men decide to pay the bellboy five dollars. The Bellboy takes two, and it all evens out. Thirty dollars for the room, the bellboy takes two. The room gets paid for, and the bellboy gets his money.
9+9+9+5-2=30.
Restructure the original problem.
Each of the three men pay ten dollars. Imagine the manager warps the fiver into the men's pocket which the bellboy invokes his magical thief lord skills to nab two dollars.
10+10+10-5+2=27
27/3 = 9
This works.
The trick is this. The amount of money being tossed about is $27 dollars and $5 dollars; the net amount of money is $32 dollars not $30 as Unknown hero would have you believe. Very Clever.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
The men spent twenty seven dollars. The Bellboy took two dollars.
Okay, reverse the scenario. The men first pay 9 dollars each for a thirty dollar room. After realizing that they have to pay thirty dollars, the men decide to pay the bellboy five dollars. The Bellboy takes two, and it all evens out. Thirty dollars for the room, the bellboy takes two. The room gets paid for, and the bellboy gets his money.
9+9+9+5-2=30.
Restructure the original problem.
Each of the three men pay ten dollars. Imagine the manager warps the fiver into the men's pocket which the bellboy invokes his magical thief lord skills to nab two dollars.
10+10+10-5+2=27
27/3 = 9
This works.
The trick is this. The amount of money being tossed about is $27 dollars and $5 dollars; the net amount of money is $32 dollars not $30 as Unknown hero would have you believe. Very Clever.
Noooooo, don't be a party pooper. Put it in a spoiler so that people can figure it out for themselves. Please?

Edit: Also, I don't think that is the answer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom