• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Guys, I have something that will blow your mind for the rest of the day (or night). Ready?

3 men go into a hotel. The man behind the desk says a room is $30 so each man pays $10 and goes to the room.

A while later the man behind the desk realized the room was only $25 so he sent the bellboy to the 3 guys' room with $5. On the way the bellboy couldn't figure out how to split $5 evenly between 3 men, so he gave each man a $1 and kept the other $2 for himself.

This meant that the 3 men each paid $9 for the room, which is a total of $27 add the $2 that the bellboy kept = $29. Where is the other dollar?
The only reason why the men ended up paying $9 each was because the bellboy failed at both math and common moral decency. This question was invalid from the start and the real question is why was the bellboy such an incompetent ****?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Guys, I have something that will blow your mind for the rest of the day (or night). Ready?

3 men go into a hotel. The man behind the desk says a room is $30 so each man pays $10 and goes to the room.

A while later the man behind the desk realized the room was only $25 so he sent the bellboy to the 3 guys' room with $5. On the way the bellboy couldn't figure out how to split $5 evenly between 3 men, so he gave each man a $1 and kept the other $2 for himself.

This meant that the 3 men each paid $9 for the room, which is a total of $27 add the $2 that the bellboy kept = $29. Where is the other dollar?
There's no other dollar. They paid $25 for the room; the only reason the total comes to $27 is because of the $2 the bellboy stole; in other words, the $27 already contains the $2 the bellboy took, so you can't add it to the $27 again.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

What a ripoff.

There is no missing dollar. The men spent $27.

$25 went on the room
$2 went to the bell boi..

You can not add the $2 the bellboy has to the $27 the men spent as this $2 actually comes out of the $27 used, the other $25 used on the room.

How the $30 is used

$25 - room, $3 returned, $2 bellboi.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader

No such Dollar, $25 + $3 returned + $2 bellboy
The mistake is that the problems tries to add up what the bellboy took to confuse people, but those $2 are already counted along with the $25 they spent. That means $27 spent in total, plues the $3 that were returned to them.
Though if i'm honest with you, it took me 5 mintues to realize this, meanwhile i was like:
a22.gif

And now i feel dumb. :4dedede:

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I'll do Calculus II and Calculus III problems at the drop of a hat, but to hell with math riddles.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
The only reason why the men ended up paying $9 each was because the bellboy failed at both math and common moral decency. This question was invalid from the start and the real question is why was the bellboy such an incompetent ****?
There's no other dollar. They paid $25 for the room; the only reason the total comes to $27 is because of the $2 the bellboy stole; in other words, the $27 already contains the $2 the bellboy took, so you can't add it to the $27 again.
No such Dollar, $25 + $3 returned + $2 bellboy
The mistake is that the problems tries to add up what the bellboy took to confuse people, but those $2 are already counted along with the $25 they spent. That means $27 spent in total, plues the $3 that were returned to them.
Well that was a let down. I though there would be more people like this.....
Though if i'm honest with you, it took me 5 mintues to realize this, meanwhile i was like:
View attachment 50714
And now i feel dumb. :4dedede:
Now I need to find a new riddle to confuse you. I'll start looking ;)

I'll do Calculus II and Calculus III problems at the drop of a hat, but to hell with math riddles.
Yeah, riddles can be pretty annoying. But enjoyable.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Well that was a let down. I though there would be more people like this.....

Now I need to find a new riddle to confuse you. I'll start looking ;)

Yeah, riddles can be pretty annoying. But enjoyable.
Give it all you Unknown Hero
here i'll take whatever riddle
that you have for me to needle
come on son i ain't no beatle
got no time for fiddle diddle
110744-super_heros_jay_z_drake_617-409.jpg

Last edited:

BindingShield

Smash Journeyman
NNID
M2TheC

There are three women.
Jane claims that at least two of the three always lie.
Rachel states that she is your long lost sister.
Lily states that Rachel is lying; she is your long lost sister.
Who is your long lost sister?

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP

There are three women.
Isn't it possible that none of them is your long lost sister since no one claimed that Jane is your sister and it's possible that both Rachel and Lily are lying?

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

There are three women.
Uh........

Jane?

Give it all you Unknown Hero
here i'll take whatever riddle
that you have for me to needle
come on son i ain't no beatle
got no time for fiddle diddle
View attachment 50717
Well then, riddle me this Weeman

When is 99 more than 100?

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
Okay, how should we handle this... We could try rotation, if there isn't too much lag? (one person SDs out, and the other two play)
Sounds fine with me. I see you have a room up so I'll join soon.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

http://puzzles.nigelcoldwell.co.uk/twentyeight.htm
there

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Sorry gents, I'm getting about a year of input lag over here. Gotta step out.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

There are three women.
I'd say it's either Jane or nobody.

If Jane is telling the truth, than by virtue of her claim, the other two must be lying, and thus can't be your sister. That leaves Jane, though since she never claimed to be your sister, it's possible that our sister isn't here (if we even have one).

Furthermore, I believe it's impossible for her to lie. If she's lying, then that means that only one person can be lying, because her claim that at least two of the three are lying is false. That would mean that she can be the only one lying, but since Lily accuses Rachel of lying and makes the same claim as her, they can't both be telling the truth. That would mean that at least two of the three are lying, which creates a paradox with Jane's claim. Therefore, I believe she has to be telling the truth.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Villager has a Bair and Fair wider than Canada, and a Nair, Dair, and Uair that stay out longer than the Catholic Church has been around. Cheating is the name of the game with the little dude.

=p

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Villager has a Bair and Fair wider than Canada, and a Nair, Dair, and Uair that stay out longer than the Catholic Church has been around. Cheating is the name of the game with the little dude.

=p
A recovery that goes around the world, the world's best "reflector", an F smash that goes all the way underground to the other side of the planet.
This child does not know the meaning of fair

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Okay, @ Moydow Moydow , last one for me.
Well... I won one, sort of? Better than I was expecting, anyway :p Your Robin is pretty good, I'm not used to fighting ones like that.
also, :4zss:' grab is the worst move in the game and I don't know why I keep using it against people with brains

If anyone else wants some free wins, I can go a few more.

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
Well... I won one, sort of? Better than I was expecting, anyway :p Your Robin is pretty good, I'm not used to fighting ones like that.
Thanks, I enjoyed our matches. I was using speed thunder since I knew you used both Marth and ZSS, which probably explains your unfamiliarity to a degree.

I really like your Marth. I know Marths are kinda split between Crescent Slash and Dolphin Jump so I was curious why you tended to opt for the later?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I know Marths are kinda split between Crescent Slash and Dolphin Jump so I was curious why you tended to opt for the later?
Because I haven't got a clue what to do with Crescent Slash. Need more practice with it, but just wasn't feeling it tonight.
("haven't got a clue" is maybe a slight overstatement, but not much. I know f-throw to CS and all that, but *shrug*)

Last edited:
Top Bottom