• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Because I haven't got a clue what to do with Crescent Slash. Need more practice with it, but just wasn't feeling it tonight.
Yeah, I seemed to have forgotten how to recover with it at first. All of those SDs that round, lol.

Speaking of not feeling it, my :4shulk: wasn't really feeling it either. It was kinda embarrassing actually. I swear, my Shulk is normally better than that.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
btw @ Antonykun Antonykun , I've been wanting some matches with you for quite some time. And since I barely scraped by against a bloke called Cabra and his efficiently-aggro-Villager on SmashLadder a little while ago, I'd like to get some more exposure to this matchup.

I have the 3DS Smash and am ok with the controls, so that shouldn't be a huge issue.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Goddammit lag.

@ Moydow Moydow and @ The_Cardinal The_Cardinal I keep reading this back and forth and I really want to play you guys.

When I dropped I ran to FG. Managed to hydro pump gimp a Ness. Drowned my sorrows a little.
And his.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Yeah, I seemed to have forgotten how to recover with it at first. All of those SDs that round, lol.
Recovering is a lot of the problems I have with it, as well. Dolphin Jump lets me go a bit further off stage, so that's one thing in its favour, but CS kills pretty early and can actually combo, so I want to try and get it down eventually.

Goddammit lag.

@ Moydow Moydow and @ The_Cardinal The_Cardinal I keep reading this back and forth and I really want to play you guys.
Is it still lagging? We can try again if you want.

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
Recovering is a lot of the problems I have with it, as well. Dolphin Jump lets me go a bit further off stage, so that's one thing in its favour, but CS kills pretty early and can actually combo, so I want to try and get it down eventually.

Is it still lagging? We can try again if you want.
CS is honestly not THAT bad of a recovery people think it is since not only does it cover a good amount of horizontal space but also sharks the edge all while having full invincibility in the rising portion of aerial CS. In fact, I normally don't SD with CS but I guess I was rusty with that move specifically. Just gotta fade back a bit when recovering is all.

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
Can take another swing.

You rang?
Hopefully lag won't be an issue for your next matches. We should definitely try to play again. I don't really count that match we had. It seemed the lag was messing up your recovery.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Hopefully lag won't be an issue for your next matches. We should definitely try to play again. I don't really count that match we had. It seemed the lag was messing up your recovery.
You got no idea.

QA is murder with lag. I'd have recovered better pulling out my Mac.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I need to experiment with customs more in my other characters. I have only one set up for Falcon and I'm too used to default for all of my other characters to feel like putting time into learning customs. From what my Pikachu amiibo has showed me, Pika's got some nice potential with some of his customs. My Ike could use some custom exploration.

I've got Robin's customs down, it's just a matter of practicing my other character's customs.

My only Falcon set is the super manly version (3232) with Mighty Falcon Punch, Heavy Raptor Boost, Explosive Falcon Dive, and Falcon Kick Furry. Though sometimes I'll just put on Mighty Falcon Punch.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
btw @ Antonykun Antonykun , I've been wanting some matches with you for quite some time. And since I barely scraped by against a bloke called Cabra and his efficiently-aggro-Villager on SmashLadder a little while ago, I'd like to get some more exposure to this matchup.

I have the 3DS Smash and am ok with the controls, so that shouldn't be a huge issue.
ok sometime this week then (its 1 AM here)

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
@ redfeatherraven redfeatherraven Sorry, but I had to d-taunt after the elevator. It's the rule :p

um, who's Papero?
It's ok, I would've too.

Also he's on my friends list. Didn't expect him. Lemme go a round or two with him real fast, you've lit me up enough for a min.

[EDIT]: Well apparently he's a blonde Robin who can six stock me while taking maybe 80% total.

I think that's enough for one night.

Last edited:

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
So guys, you know what would be awesome in this new Nintendo theme park? Fire Emblem Merchant Shops irl run by people who cosplay as Anna!

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
There's a JoJo Stand Generator website. Whether you watch/read JoJo's Bizarre Adventure or not, give it a shot!
Stand Name: Sweetness

Stand Ability: [Nightmare Manipulation](http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Nightmare_Manipulation)

Power – A

Speed – C

Range – B

Durability – E

Precision – D

Potential – C

Description: The power to enter and manipulate nightmares. A sub-power of Sleep Manipulation, variation of Dream Manipulation. User can enter and manipulate the nightmares of oneself and others, including modifying, suppressing, fabricating, influencing, manifesting, sensing, and observing nightmares. The overwhelming shock, fear, anxiety and terror can prove too suffocating for the victim in which their hearts might explode or brains might die.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
There is.

Nado-spam is a a thing again, it seems. :p

:231:
Meta Knight can't cause natural disasters, though, right? :p

Only Tornadus could spam tornadoes/hurricanes this big and gets his nice little spectacles/orbs to boost the damage. :cheep:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
"Booty frog?" That's a new one on me.

(Is it wrong that I actually have a reaction pic for that? Although it's probably too risque for SmashBoards standards.)
I am scared to see this. I kind of want to regardless.

If you can't post it, kindly PM me a link.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Oh. I forgot to add this, but is how many frames before Thunder transitions into Elthunder > Arcthunder > Thoron a thing you guys would want? I could do it before I move onto another character.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Oh. I forgot to add this, but is how many frames before Thunder transitions into Elthunder > Arcthunder > Thoron a thing you guys would want? I could do it before I move onto another character.
Yes, and also, if possible, could you also do Speed Thunder & Fire Wall on the customs front?

Those two I would consider a high priority on wanting the frame data for.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I am scared to see this. I kind of want to regardless.

If you can't post it, kindly PM me a link.
Done and done.
@ Zantetsugun Zantetsugun I admit I was looking for my own reaction last night too, and nearly forgot something I came across in the meantime. I think you should see it.

http://demsgoodreadin.blogspot.com/2007/12/great-moments-in-comics-history-no-4.html

Think I'll drop this off in the Greninja social too.
This is one of the greatest ideas in comic book history! Right up there with having an entire team of Deadpools.

Last edited:
Top Bottom