• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
You'd think UThrow would be given more knockback growth, since it's damn near useless in any other situation, may as well use it to kill.

In other news, Nintendo partnered with Universal Studios to make Nintendo-themed attractions. I'd say place your bets on the Fire Emblem-themed attraction, but I can't see anything working out with it because the name of the game is killing people. :V

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
So Blond Marth/Blarth's name is Leon. I see people making communist jokes because Marx and Leon just so happen to share the name of two communist figures, Karl Marx and Leon Trotsky. I also see people guessing Lissabelle's name as being Frida or Anastasia, and trying to associate Camilla's name with communism.

I looked up Camilla's name and I found what the name's origin is, and a woman in mythology named Camilla.

It ultimately originates as the feminine of camillus, a term for a youth serving as acolyte in the ritual of ancient Roman religion, which may ultimately be of Etruscan origin.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
You'd think most of Robin's throws would be useful considering it has like, no range I guess.

Oh and also that he's got the most ending lag out of any other character's grabs too.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So Blond Marth/Blarth's name is Leon. I see people making communist jokes because Marx and Leon just so happen to share the name of two communist figures, Karl Marx and Leon Trotsky. I also see people guessing Lissabelle's name as being Frida or Anastasia, and trying to associate Camilla's name with communism.
Lol. We just need a Josef and Friedrich somewhere in there, and I'll be set. :p

:231:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
The grab lag makes me cry everytime.

Duck Hunt can play the defensive game just as well as Robin, why does he get a good grab? ;~;

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Lol. We just need a Josef and Friedrich somewhere in there, and I'll be set. :p

Well if this purple-haired man behind Camilla and Felicia's friend doesn't get those names, we could always give them to Kamui.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Thank you for the intro. I was one of the Robin supporters pre-release, with Robin being my #1 wanted newcomer, but I never knew of the character support boards until around Mewtwo's DLC announcement, where I found the Roy thread and posted religiously there till this day. I'm glad to finally be on the Robin board. They may not be listed with Marth/Ike, but they're still my 3rd most used character.

Sure I still want in? Hmmm, it's tempting. I'm between yes and yes, but I'm leaning more towards yes.

Even if I wanted to run, Robin's dash speed wouldn't help. :troll:

With capitalism, I have the power of both paths.

Thank you to everyone else for the welcome wishes. I will enjoy my time here, as evidenced from liking practically everything from the last few pages.
I think we'll get along just fine, dear
Just not as much as @ S Syrek and me, but that should be a given

Maybe I'll even try to hate on Roy a bit less since you're here:troll:

You'd think most of Robin's throws would be useful considering it has like, no range I guess.

Oh and also that he's got the most ending lag out of any other character's grabs too.
:sadsheep:
His grabs always makes me sad, particulary when I compare him to Ness, since I tend to rely a lot on grabs when playing. I know I shouldn't, but it's rather difficult when you main both.
and let's not even get started on the pummel.
Here I was hoping they'd buff his grabs just a lil' bit in this last patch.

But no matter, I still love to play with you, Robin.:4robinm::4robinf:

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Inkling in Smash Intensifies :colorful:
PS Help me the Splatoon hype is too real.
The costumes are certainly interesting, though it being a pre-order bonus at Gamestop is annoying. Hopefully, the costumes end up like the Hyrule Warriors pre-order costumes and they'll appear in the eShop at a later date.

I also find it stupid to see people claim that the DLC costumes means Inklings are disconfirmed. Well, if we go by that logic, then I suppose Link will get his chance another day.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Meta Knight would be more appropriate example. The Mii outfit was revealed before him on the site, but no one said "Meta Knight Disconfirmed!"

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Thank you for the intro. I was one of the Robin supporters pre-release, with Robin being my #1 wanted newcomer, but I never knew of the character support boards until around Mewtwo's DLC announcement, where I found the Roy thread and posted religiously there till this day. I'm glad to finally be on the Robin board. They may not be listed with Marth/Ike, but they're still my 3rd most used character.

Sure I still want in? Hmmm, it's tempting. I'm between yes and yes, but I'm leaning more towards yes.

Even if I wanted to run, Robin's dash speed wouldn't help. :troll:

With capitalism, I have the power of both paths.

PMD2 is among my all-time favorite games. Kamex and GlitchxCity's PMD remixes are too real.

This alone makes me feel so powerful. Fitting for the pre-est of pre-evolutions going against the legends of their world.

Speaking of a surge of power...

Thank you to everyone else for the welcome wishes. I will enjoy my time here, as evidenced from liking practically everything from the last few pages.
Greetings, fellow tactician! :4robinm:

I am Syrek, gentleman extraordinaire and lover to the beautiful and divine, Lady Elezir Elezir . <3 It a pleasure to make you're acquaintance, good sir!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

In other news, Nintendo partnered with Universal Studios to make Nintendo-themed attractions. I'd say place your bets on the Fire Emblem-themed attraction, but I can't see anything working out with it because the name of the game is killing people. :V
T-they are???
YES! MY DREAM OF A NINTENDO THEME PARK IS ONE STEP CLOSER TO REALITY!

Inkling in Smash Intensifies :colorful:
PS Help me the Splatoon hype is too real.
The costumes are pretty cool, yeah.
You almost gave me a heart attack. I really don't want the Inklings in Smash...

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
The official picture on the site though.

A little too close to the real thing, isn't it?

that's the stuff of nightmares. I'm afraid I'm one of those people that wasn't impressed by Splatoon since its reveal, and I don't think anything can change that at this rate. I guess I'm no good wanting Nintendo to develop new IP's, but when they do them, I usually don't care for them for one reason or another.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
You almost gave me a heart attack. I really don't want the Inklings in Smash...
Even though I'm neutral to them, there's no need to be overly negative about it.

There are better ways that could have been phrased, you know.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
that's the stuff of nightmares. I'm afraid I'm one of those people that wasn't impressed by Splatoon since its reveal, and I don't think anything can change that at this rate. I guess I'm no good wanting Nintendo to develop new IP's, but when they do them, I usually don't care for them for one reason or another.
I don't care about the game personally, as I don't have a Wii U. I do like the character designs, however, so I'm okay with them being in Smash.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

I looked up Camilla's name and I found what the name's origin is, and a woman in mythology named Camilla.

It ultimately originates as the feminine of camillus, a term for a youth serving as acolyte in the ritual of ancient Roman religion, which may ultimately be of Etruscan origin.
That's really cool about Camilla's name. Fits in with the Roman aspect of Nohr, what with Marx rocking that Iron Laurel and such.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
This intrigues me.

You live in Oklahoma?
Nein. I suppose it's perfectly normal for multiple area's of the midwest to be getting severe thunder storms this time of year. (yes, I am aware that Oklahoma isn't in the midwest. :p)

You'd think UThrow would be given more knockback growth, since it's damn near useless in any other situation, may as well use it to kill.
Robin's throws are pretty crappy, but I wouldn't call them useless.

Uthrow? Oh yeah. That one's useless.

It's so sad... :sadeyes: Even with what little use it does have, Dthrow does it's job so much better...

@Royvolution Ream You're always welcome here!
So long as you respect the Meta Knight...:4metaknight:
And Rabins of course.:4robinm::4robinf:

And Zelda...

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Don't worry, I'm sure that Mii Swordsman will get some nice costumes.

Imagine Kamui or Chrom as Mii attire.
how appropriate that the butt of the smash community gets a costume after Chrom :p
(Plz remember that I love both swordfighter and Chrom)

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'm counting on a Robin character meet and greet(or whatever the hell Universal calls it). Disney did Sora of all characters for a while, so I can't see why there couldn't be a Robin one.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Wow gunner keeps on getting all the god tiered costumes
Some Fire Emblem-character themed costumes for the Mii Swordsman would be nice.
Probably Chrom because reusable assets.
However, if they don't reuse assets, Kamui would be super cool as an alt. Especially because of that sword design, goodness.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Some Fire Emblem-character themed costumes for the Mii Swordsman would be nice.
Probably Chrom because reusable assets.
However, if they don't reuse assets, Kamui would be super cool as an alt. Especially because of that sword design, goodness.
Om vajradharma Kamui.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
"Robin! Say, 'Time to tip the scales'!!"
"No."
":scared:"
I know that feel.

When I went to Universal Studios Florida, I found a costumed Doctor Doom and was like:

"Do you even foot dive, Doom?"

To which he answered:

"Doom doesn't know what you talk about."

Though that was kind of expected.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I know that feel.

When I went to Universal Studios Florida, I found a costumed Doctor Doom and was like:

"Do you even foot dive, Doom?"

To which he answered:

"Doom doesn't know what you talk about."

Though that was kind of expected.
I like to pretend doom doesn't want to be associated with MVC3 for reasons so he's just pretending. (or the guy in the costume doesn't know what a foot dive is)

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Om vajradharma Kamui.
Já nevím, jazyk , se kterou hovoříte , tak jsem se reagovat pouze v české.
LATIN LATIN LATIN LATIN LATIN RUSSIAN LATIN LATIN LATIN

I like to pretend doom doesn't want to be associated with MVC3 for reasons so he's just pretending. (or the guy in the costume doesn't know what a foot dive is)
The guy was legitimately confused, even though he was in character during the whole thing.

I did it as a joke anyway, wasn't expecting anything significant.

Top Bottom