• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
If I remember, Black/White tried including a difficulty option, but you couldn't change it until you beat the main game, and in order to get both options you had to do that 'key trading' thing with someone who had the other version. So it was badly executed but at least they tried.

Post game was pretty meh for X and Y, ORAS did have some nice stuff but the lack of a Battle Frontier was disappointing. It's too bad we'll probably never get anything like what Johto did and have us be able to visit another region after completing the main game.

Mystery Dungeon by far has the best writing in a Pokemon game. It's one of the few games to have made me tear up, which I never would have expected from a Pokemon game. If we ever get a main title with a story on par of something like Explorers of Time/Darkness I would be pretty happy.
It was B2/W2, I believe.

I like the second region in theory, but I breezed through Kanto in both Crystal and Soul Silver. It was just too easy by that point outside of Red. I still wouldn't mind another game with multiple regions, though.

Battle Frontier is still my favorite postgame thing ever, especially the Emerald one. If they added that as a downloadable for OR, I'd pour hours into it again.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
It was B2/W2, I believe.

I like the second region in theory, but I breezed through Kanto in both Crystal and Soul Silver. It was just too easy by that point outside of Red. I still wouldn't mind another game with multiple regions, though.

Battle Frontier is still my favorite postgame thing ever, especially the Emerald one. If they added that as a downloadable for OR, I'd pour hours into it again.
Probably was, but I never messed with it much. I think all it did anyway was raise the levels of the NPC's Pokemon up by some amount but again I don't have much experience with it.

After beating the Elite 4/Champion, it would be rather confusing to keep the difficulty increasing when you're going around just challenging gym leaders. Though I did like in some games you had the option to re battle the Gym Leaders, which I think was in the original Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald games so I'm not sure why they left that out. I did love what they did for B2/W2 and had that Pokemon World Tournament, though I was a little upset you couldn't watch the other battles.

I loved the Battle Frontier, especially the ones like the Battle Arena and Palace. I would easy put more time into the OR if they brought it back as well.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I really need to post here more often.

I finally got the new version of my signature set up a few days ago. Characters used, DLC wishlist (+ a couple longshots!), and even a link to the Youtube stuff I've started doing.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Post-game for X and Y was severely disappointing IMO. After I had done away with the Pokemon League, caught Mewtwo and Zygarde, I really didn't feel compelled to play any longer.. nor attempt the Looker sidequest that you can do afterwards. Also, I haven't gotten to ORAS post-game (or beaten it yet) but it seems pretty promising enough with that whole Delta Episode!

While I loved that GSC/HGSS featured two regions to explore, I feel like it kind of held the regions back from feeling "full" or fully-fledged as your game's world. Kanto felt hollow in GSC, but it does feel more lively in the remakes. :3

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
Thank you for the combo breaker @ Moydow Moydow , I didn't want to break the streak myself. XD

I feel your pain, my friend. ;-; I have yet to complete the first gym and I've had the game since launch. Not only that, I've never touched Gen 3 so this too will be a new Pokemon experience for me. On top of all that, I'm a HUGE Pokemon fanboy.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH MEEEEEE!?!?!?!?!? :cry:

You silly casuals. I've already completed a Nuzlocke run of OR and beat the e4 twice yet you can't progress past the third gym. I am ashamed in today's fans of pokemon.

I'm saying this I love all of you and you won't take this seriously

Tbh I'm not that invested into the main series games either. I guess the only reason I play is because HOORAY NEW REGION AND POKEMON but usually after that I don't play the game again. Nuzlocke runs make things a lot more challenging and fun though, because of you force yourself to equate fainting to death, it forces you to value every team member you catch and once they fall in battle, they're gone. Kinda like classic fire emblem. No resets allowed as well. ;P My first main series game was pokemon pearl, but since then I've been able to play and finish all generations except gen 1. My actual first pokemon game though?... I think it was either pokemon ranger or mystery dungeon. I hope they announce a spin off title but yknow... That chance of pokemon Z is lurking on the horizon. Mystery dungeon is probably my favorite spin off of pokemon (I have yet to play conquest orz) because THAT STORY. THAT GAMEPLAY. I'm not all to sure about Gates to Infinity but I ended up not getting that one due to all the changes they made and some opinions I gathered from friends.
As you can tell by my username I'm a pokenerd... I have all these pokemon figures and cards and plushies yet I don't play as any pokemon in smash.
WHATS WRONG WITH MEEE!!!??? *cries with @Syrek *

It's all :pikachu64::pikachumelee:'s fault.
I thought we were friends. :sadeyes:

... :025: One of us. One of us.

Err. Ahem. I think that insanity from the great OC crisis is starting to kick in. Hurry and put me down fellow Robins! I don't want to live only to be consumed by madness and hurt my comrades! :cry:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Are we still spamming @Royvolution Ream's inbox? If so, welcome! If not, then well, you should join us anyways Ream. We're quite the eclectic bunch here.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
My issue with the newer Pokemon games is there has been a decreasing amount of post game content. Plus Gamefreak has made a tendency to reveal a lot more information about the upcoming games when I feel that they should give out less to have us learn about things ourselves.
This more or less gives my stance on Pokemon, it doesn't help the series has gotten yearly releases in the main series since 2009, so getting tired of the whole thing isn't surprising, especially given how most of the time the single player barely changes or gets better. I guess you could compare it to fighting games in a way, where if you are into competitive play you kinda have to get it asap to get the most out of it.

D

Deleted member

Hello @Royvolution Ream! Welcome to the Robin boards!

Now, Pokemon. I started becoming a fan of it in 2012 and I played through Pokemon FireRed, HeartGold, Emerald, Platinum, and White and then finally White 2. I honestly skipped the series for so many years because of the anime (which I thought and still think is bad).
Generations I to III were getting better and better in my opinion as they had more interesting regions and Pokemon and making the gameplay more engaging. When I got to Platinum, I grew bored of it. I guess you can say that I got Pokemon'd out, but I still find that Platinum is the most boring game (though, I would put it above FireRed, my least favorite of the main series that I've played); the gameplay was getting a bit stale, I really didn't care much until I got to the Distortion World (because it was very different and strange), the story was "meh", and I found most of the music to be boring. In fact, I didn't even beat the whole game before I got White.
Why did I buy White before I beat Platinum? I needed something new. Something fresh... and White delivered on that. The gameplay just had faster pacing, the music was incredible, I loved most of the new Pokemon, and it had a story. The last point is what made it very refreshing; the game had a deep and pretty interesting plot that kept me going until the end. It also had a pretty good after game all things considered. White 2 was a slight disappointment, only because of the story.
The thing with X is that I loved it initially (not as much as White or HeartGold, my two favorites). Over time, it kinda dulled down on me for whatever reason. I think I loved X initially because the game made you feel very connected with other players; you are experiencing the same journey at the same time as many other players... that added to the experience.
I wonder what the Pokemon announcement will be. If it's X2, I'll get it. If it's Z, I'll skip it. If it's Pokken, I'll get it and thank Nintendo for giving me a reason why I bought that Pikachu amiibo.

Mystery Dungeon?

Why are you putting me on this feels trip? :crying:
That poor Pikachu...

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Tornado.

Flash Flood.

Hail.

And now ****ing tigers are on the loose in the city.

What a Wednesday.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Tornado.

Flash Flood.

Hail.

What a Wednesday.
I'm curious as to how tigers managed to get loose. I would guess they were part of some exhibit or zoo type thing and all the natural mayhem allowed them to be free?

Though I must say that's certainly the craziest thing I've heard happen on a Wednesday, and that was before the tigers.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I'm curious as to how tigers managed to get loose. I would guess they were part of some exhibit or zoo type thing and all the natural mayhem allowed them to be free?

Though I must say that's certainly the craziest thing I've heard happen on a Wednesday, and that was before the tigers.
The weather broke open the gates and let the tigers and other animals out.

It's like the entire night was a bad game of goddamn Jumanji.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Well I hope you remain safe and that whatever kind of crazy weather attack has passed over you.

I know a few years ago there was a similar issue around my area where a bunch of wild animals from this animal preserve got on the loose. It was apparently around 30-40 minutes from where I lived at the time and it was pretty crazy to hear talk of bears and cats on the loose.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Mother nature obviously thought me using Rapid Jab was cool and she wanted to join in. Three potential tornado warnings where I live tonight.

Time to ride this out.
Either there are a lot of places getting tornado warnings all at once, (which I suppose is perfectly reasonable,) or we must live really close.

WHO DARES TO SUMMON ME?!
View attachment 50553
You're not that scary, Weeman. You're just... Weeman...

I feel the same with OmegaRuby, which is strange because I consider Third Gen one of my favorites of the series; never got beyond the third gym yet. I want to believe that it's because I've been playing a bunch of other games instead, but after being immensely disappointed with XY, I'm most likely feeling franchise fatigue.

I got mine from this post here
It's like a really good novel; you think it's really boring when reading (playing) the first couple of chapters, but once you get a little under halfway through, you'll find you can't stop reading (playing) it. I started playing Alpha Sapphire the day I got it, but I progressed extremely slowly, sometimes ceasing to play it for months at a time, until I got a little over halfway through. Then I found I loved it so much, I couldn't stop playing it and bulldozed through in less than two days. It's actuall perhaps the greatest Pokemon game of all time. This isn't just in my opinion; I'm sure you'll find most people agree (with nostalgia blinders removed, of course).

The above paragraph is actually my experience with every Pokemon game ever. :p

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
We are 700 pages behind the Zelda Social Thread. At this rate, they'll be 1,000 pages ahead of us before we reach 1,000 pages.

We gotta at least get to 1,000 pages before they get to 2,000.

Last edited:

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
We are 700 pages behind the Zelda Social Thread. At this rate, they'll be 1,000 pages ahead of us before we reach 1,000 pages.

With how much activity the zelda social gets i'm not sure it's actually possible.

Also hello Robins.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
There's something special about playing Lucina and winning against a Falcon and she follows with her victory line of "Father, I won!"

I feel like with what happened in her reveal was exactly why they made that one of her winning lines.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
How has this thread not reached 1000 pages? Must be from the pre-Robin reveal inactivity.
I don't know, we got above 100 pages prior to Robin's reveal.

We really started picking up new supporters around the time of Ike's reveal, and things sped up from there.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I don't know, we got above 100 pages prior to Robin's reveal.
We really started picking up new supporters around the time of Ike's reveal, and things sped up from there.
What about before Ike's reveal then?

Tigers? Awesome. Get out there and scoop up some of that xp. By the way, they are weak to fire.:4robinm:
I was...trying very hard to avoid making that comment. XD

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I'm a Wind Sage though. Can't use Fire Magic until I promote to Arch Sage, and that's not for another 9 levels. Unless you have a Master Crown I can borrow?

Last edited:

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
Does the fire weakness apply to all laguz? Or are Dragons an exception? I thought I heard somewhere they weren't weak to fire but I don't remember where.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93

Just a regular day.

First picture is not a creek by the way. That's an actual damn highway.

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
You know what we need to speed up the process?
SANIC
I need some help figuring out this logic...

How would violating Raziek's ultimatum on Sonic OCs speed up the process of getting us to 1,000 pages since doing so would get us all banned?

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Found this, thought it was funny

Eh, Kirito's a pretty mediocre trap. I've seen better, and less overpowered.
All of the went straight over my head.

Tigers? Awesome. Get out there and scoop up some of that xp. By the way, they are weak to fire.:4robinm:
Seriously, another comment I don't get? What the hell!

Tornado.

Flash Flood.

Hail.

What a Wednesday.
I would have laughed so hard if that happened on a Monday.

Well then we need to improve our activity. COME ON PEOPLE, START POSTING STUFF. ANYTHING WILL DO!

How has this thread not reached 1000 pages? Must be from the pre-Robin reveal inactivity.
*shrugs*

Top Bottom