• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I think you guys are overlooking the evidence

But in all seriousness I feel like it's gonna be spinoff. Something in my gut is telling me not to get my hopes up about the possibility of a new full fledged game that takes us into Gen 7. I would also love to see a Conquest sequel. Though one thing I've been waiting for is another console title like Colosseum. Getting another Pokemon Stadium wouldn't be too bad either even if Battle Revolution was pretty much Pokemon Stadium 3 without the minigames. If it does turn out to be a new maingame title, I'm gonna try my best not to follow anything after what they did with X/Y and ORAS. They flat out revealed all the new megas for ORAS and pretty much spoiled the Delta Episode before the game even came out. X and Y I just felt they released a little too much information than what I would have liked but then again I could have made a better effort to avoid the info.

In the end I'm excited to see what might come out, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much and expect something like Pokemon Colosseum 3.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I should probably finish Alpha Sapphire. I got the game back in January and I had only completed the fourth gym a few days ago. It's a shame I no longer have that drive I used to have considering I never touch the Hoenn games when they were released for the GBA. It's a whole new experience for me and its just not there.
At least I remembered to renew my Pokémon Bank pass.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
More news about FE If from Serenes Forest:

Assuming these are real, the guy we call Blarth is named Prince Leon. Suits him imo. Get hyped. :happysheep:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
More news about FE If from Serenes Forest:

Assuming these are real, the guy we call Blarth is named Prince Leon. Suits him imo. Get hyped. :happysheep:
Look at the bottom right of the first picture and you see a blue haired Kamui with a mowhawk!

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I find your lack of familial loyalty disturbing. You'd betray and kill the man who raised you as your own in a heartbeat for human stranger's who claim blood ties. You'd murder your brother and sister for nothing but calm words and filthy hoshidan propaganda. I find your lack of Nohrian patriotism in a period of war and willingness to defect a crime...

...worthy of being drowned in a pool of rancid butter.
[Note] All in good fun. [Note]
No, no, no, NO! My intention is to remain with that Nohrian family.

And then bury a blade in Garon's back when he's least expecting it. And unite the entire world under one banner.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
FORGOT THE POSSIBILITY OF A CONQUEST SEQUEL.

I would buy that in a heartbeat. I loved that game even before I tried Fire Emblem, and there is so much they could do with it.
Pokémon Conquest sequel?
Glad to see I'm not the only one!

Now on to more important business, HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN THE TRAILER FOR THE NEW SEASON OF DIGIMON!!!!

Oh Gods the animation is GORGEOUS! Dat music is beyond hype! And holy sweet baby Grima, OMNIMON'S BACK! And he's bringing ALPHAMON with him! Guys I just.... I uh..... bleaargh... *falls over on the ground convulsing and frothing at the mouth*

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
That's probably worth like, $1.

What character archetype is Robin? Turtle?
I'd say turtle is a bit misleading, as she has a very strong advantage time.

"Offensive Zoner" is what I would describe her as.

Anything else I can help with?

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
I'd say turtle is a bit misleading, as she has a very strong advantage time.

Anything else I can help with?
Robin is actually a wizard. :estatic::smash: :rotfl:

Robin is actually a tactician...

TIME TO TIP THE WAITRESS!
I came up with that first. I've actually said that in a restaurant before. No joke. :chuckle: It didn't work...

Last edited:

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993

This makes me angry that we're not getting these here, along with the FE IF ones. Why are you guys so awful NOA? :cry:

I think someone mentioned Awakening pairings a few pages back. Here's mine:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form

This makes me angry that we're not getting these here, along with the FE IF ones. Why are you guys so awful NOA? :cry:

I want those faceplates for the XL 3DS. I need the Monado one.:(

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I personally love this term.

Every time I pick up a character inherently designed to be a zoner(Dormammu/Doctor Doom/Ares/Deathstroke/Colonel Radec/Samus/Mii Gunner/Robin), there's that one part of me that says "you can make this character work up close. Get in there and surprise that foe, dammit. You can lockdown the screen from afar, get close and murder them."

And I do.

I'm still known elsewhere to some folk as a guy who picks the zoning character...and brutalizes people from any distance.

*gushing moment ended*

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I personally love this term.

Every time I pick up a character inherently designed to be a zoner(Dormammu/Doctor Doom/Ares/Deathstroke/Colonel Radec/Samus/Mii Gunner/Robin), there's that one part of me that says "you can make this character work up close. Get in there and surprise that foe, dammit. You can lockdown the screen from afar, get close and murder them."

And I do.

I'm still known elsewhere to some folk as a guy who picks the zoning character...and brutalizes people from any distance.

*gushing moment ended*

And let's be real, Robin can't spam at all worth a damn. He lags to hell and back, moves take a while to come out and can't combine them like Samus. Plus he has a limit on them.

It's like calling :4myfriends:&:4littlemac:rushdown characters when they have hardcore weaknesses that ruined that playstyle.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
And let's be real, Robin can't spam at all worth a damn. He lags to hell and back, moves take a while to come out and can't combine them like Samus. Plus he has a limit on them.

It's like calling :4myfriends:&:4littlemac:rushdown characters when they have hardcore weaknesses that ruined that playstyle.
I don't really care whether or not you know this already, I just think it's worth saying that lack of ability to rush a character down and spam the crap out of them isn't the same thing as lack of ability to effectively fight up-close. Every character, even fast characters, has a weakness somewhere; you've just got to find that weakness and exploit it. This is the only way slow heavy weights can effectively fight a fast character like Sheik or Meta Knight. Luckily, the damage output:speed trade-off is always worth it. And now that Robin's wind jab has been buffed, it's much easier to rack up damage with him. All you have to do is time everything perfectly.

Timing things that way is nowhere near as easy as just button mashing with :4falcon: though. Hence why :4robinm::4robinf: is considered difficult to master.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
@ Raziek Raziek I think I'll go with zoner then. Any sub archetypes she fits under?

Robin has so many moves i have to capture >___>
I suppose you can say that Robin has a sub-specialty in trapping or lock-down style. For default Robin at least (things change a bit with speed thunder) she uses spells like arcfire and arcthunder to control space and lock-down opponents as oppose to strictly using projectiles to keep the opponent out.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Allow me to demonstrate to you the power of the World.
Pathetic.
Omnislash Version 6:

@ Raziek Raziek I think I'll go with zoner then. Any sub archetypes she fits under?

Robin has so many moves i have to capture >___>
Not sure where it would fit, but with Levin Sword, Robin can kill really well.

Last edited:

Mechageo

Smash Ace
How do you guys deal with characters like Falco? I find that matchup particularly difficult for some reason. Even more so than Rosalina.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Pathetic.
Omnislash Version 6:

Not sure where it would fit, but with Levin Sword, Robin can kill really well.
Omnislash is the best Finishing Move/Final Smash/Limit Break type attack there is. Well played, sir.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I just spent a good hour digging through the Official Character Discussion Thread.
When presented with the idea of Emmeryn in Smash:
Going to be an Assist Trophy.
After summoned, roughly a minute later she'll come crashing down, delivering an instant KO to anyone unfortunate enough to be in the way.
I lol'd.

Hong

The Strongest
As someone who is gentle, caring, and values the well-being of others, I'll have to ask you to stop banging your head. It's dangerous.

You could dent the wall.

Do it with a stone surface or something.

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
How do you guys deal with characters like Falco? I find that matchup particularly difficult for some reason. Even more so than Rosalina.
Patiently block lasers at far range, get good with job at close range, at mid-range punish laser with Elthunder, and depending on the opponent, always bait reflector. Also, although Falco did get a recovery boost, it's still pretty linear so don't be afraid to challenge it from time to time.

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Memes/AceAttorney
Godot can't see red on white.
Mia was killed by Redd White.
Godot spends most of the game berating Phoenix for "letting Mia get killed" by Redd White.
Godot can't see Redd White.

mind blown
gg translators
Unfortunately it wasn't intentional, since Redd White isn't called the equivalent in Japanese, but that's an amazing coincidence nonetheless.
This was actually noted in one of the Fridge Brilliance sections for Ace Attorney on TV Tropes as well. I love how Godot's color blindness comes into play.

Where are people getting these shipping charts?

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Also I was told @Weeman is here.

Where is he.

SHOW YOURSELF! :4falcon:

Actually he's kind of in hiding. He's going through some very serious withdrawal in terms of Sanic OCs. I tried to help, but I don't think it worked... Maybe you can do better than I can @ Hong Hong .

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Mother nature obviously thought me using Rapid Jab was cool and she wanted to join in. Three potential tornado warnings where I live tonight.

Time to ride this out.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I should probably finish Alpha Sapphire. I got the game back in January and I had only completed the fourth gym a few days ago. It's a shame I no longer have that drive I used to have considering I never touch the Hoenn games when they were released for the GBA. It's a whole new experience for me and its just not there.
At least I remembered to renew my Pokémon Bank pass.
I feel your pain, my friend. ;-; I have yet to complete the first gym and I've had the game since launch. Not only that, I've never touched Gen 3 so this too will be a new Pokemon experience for me. On top of all that, I'm a HUGE Pokemon fanboy.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH MEEEEEE!?!?!?!?!? :cry:

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
I feel the same with OmegaRuby, which is strange because I consider Third Gen one of my favorites of the series; never got beyond the third gym yet. I want to believe that it's because I've been playing a bunch of other games instead, but after being immensely disappointed with XY, I'm most likely feeling franchise fatigue.

This was actually noted in one of the Fridge Brilliance sections for Ace Attorney on TV Tropes as well. I love how Godot's color blindness comes into play.

Where are people getting these shipping charts?
I got mine from this post here

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Are we talking about Pokémon now?
My favorite gen pokemon-wise has to be 3rd one, just because of Absol:roll:

But story-wise, I like what they tried to do with Black/White 2 in some points.

Honeslty, it's probably the only game in the pokemon series in which the big baddie tries to directly harm the player, and that surprised me in a pleasant manner.

Unfortunately, XY went back to the serie's normal formula.
Eh, I shouldn't have expected much, anyway.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I feel your pain, my friend. ;-; I have yet to complete the first gym and I've had the game since launch. Not only that, I've never touched Gen 3 so this too will be a new Pokemon experience for me. On top of all that, I'm a HUGE Pokemon fanboy.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH MEEEEEE!?!?!?!?!? :cry:

That is me with every pokemon game.

Serious, most of the time I get up to the fifth gym leader and then can complete the game. I have every main pokemon game except the Red and Blue(or LeafGreen) and the only one I have completed is Pokemon Y. And it's not just Pokemon, I am yet to complete EO4 and I have had it since last Christmas. Why am I so bad at games? ;-;

Are we talking about Pokémon now?
My favorite gen pokemon-wise has to be 3rd one, just because of Absol:roll:

But story-wise, I like what they tried to do with Black/White 2 in some points.

Honeslty, it's probably the only game in the pokemon series in which the big baddie tries to directly harm the player, and that surprised me in a pleasant manner.

Unfortunately, they XY went back to the serie's normal formula.
Eh, I shouldn't have expected much, anyway.
My favourite is either 2nd gen or 5th gen if only for Snivy. Gods, I freaking loved Snivy. It was a badass.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Am I the only one here who doesn't care about Pokemon? D:
HERESY
BURN THIS UNBELIEVER.

:cheep:
Nah, just joking. Can't say I'm the most faithful fan out there, considering I wouldn't have played any of the games if I couldn't use emulators, just because my interest in other games is stronger. I only bought the XY one because I was under the impression pokemon was starting to get an actual storyline. Alas, I was wrong. It is still fun enough to collect pomemon and trade with friends, though.
This quite alrighty, dear. Can't say pokemon is my favorite game series out there, really. It's still fun to play, though.

I wouldn't think so.

Also, love your sig, particularly the character's sword in you gif. I like laser swords.
That's Kirito from 2nd season of Sword Art Online.
Btw, he's in trap form there.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Am I the only one here who doesn't care about Pokemon? D:
That was me until I played Platinum.
Okay it was more out of blind hate than not being interested....

It's all :pikachu64::pikachumelee:'s fault.

Top Bottom