• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Am I the only one here who doesn't care about Pokemon? D:
I really don't care for the newer games since I wouldn't invest that much time in them given I have Smash.

As a whole, though, I still care for it.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I admit I don't invest nearly as much time and love into Pokémon anymore. I still adore the heck out of it and will buy every new main game and some of the spin-offs ASAP, but ever since around the last couple of years I've opened my mind more to new games and I'm just enjoying the fresh experience of trying things like Fire Emblem for the first time more.

I wouldn't say the series changed in a way that turned me away, though. It's just me.

Last edited:

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Btw, just to install fear into you guys who ordered amiibos.

I actually felt bad for the guy who ordered it. and a Ness, on top of that...

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

If this happens to my Ness after all the crud I went through to get him, I will scream until my lungs explode.

Hong

The Strongest

This is why you don't use PK Teleport in crowded areas or near jet engines. :4ness:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I can't believe it took me this long to realize that i'm Mexican and i joined these boards on May 5th, and it wasn't even on purpose :4dedede:
Am I the only one here who doesn't care about Pokemon? D:
Poke who?

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

This is why you don't use PK Teleport in crowded areas or near jet engines. :4ness:
Should've had Poo use Teleport Beta. It uses more PP, but at least you won't run into things. Heck, Ness stole Poo's moves anyway, so the prince of Dalaam should have at least taught him that.

Elezir

Should've had Poo use Teleport Beta. It uses more PP, but at least you won't run into things. Heck, Ness stole Poo's moves anyway, so the prince of Dalaam should have at least taught him that.
Honestly, Poo never really had a role in my party. He was so much of a Jack-of-all-Trades, that I commonly forgot that I could heal or teleport with him.

Also there's this beheaded Shulk amiibo, too.

I have only found these two as amiibos destroyed because the transporter was careless, though. It's actually kinda surprising.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Honestly, Poo never really had a role in my party. He was so much of a Jack-of-all-Trades, that I commonly forgot that I could heal or teleport with him.

Also there's this beheaded Shulk amiibo, too.

I have only found these two as amiibos destroyed because the transporter was careless, though. It's actually kinda surprising.
Poo was basically just a second Paula and sometimes a healer for me, with Teleport used if Ness's Teleport was inconvenient.

Obligatory "let's not lose our heads though" comment.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I freaking need to follow up on this thread more often :/

Weeman

Smash Crusader
So no one likes Pokémon anymore huh?
wow.+What+the+hee-ho+_5547d016e563efed54df97bc6018e641.gif

In all seriousness though, Pokémon for me is kinda hard to describe, i was a fanboy when was younger, but then lost interest to the point where i skipped a good chunk of the third gen and the entire fourth gen.
Then Black and White brought me back to the series and i realized something:
The joy of the main Pokemon games comes from discovering the region and the monsters yourself. I came to the fifth gerneration unspoiled and fresh. Some designs disgusted me, some amazed me, and as a whole i felt like playing Red/Blue with my brother again.
Then the 6th gen came and i realized why i left the series in the first place, there wasn't much to enjoy after i knew all the new features from the beginning. Admitedlly i also got into "competitive" Pokémon, wich helped me into actually investing hours in X and Y, but it gets tiring really quick, and i already skipped ORAS, so feel like i might leave the series again.

Shaymikyu

Admittedly, part of the reason I might have enjoyed X and Y more than some others is because I remain "unspoiled" (as much as you can for Pokémon, anyway). I had all of fifth gen spoiled for me, but with X and Y, I came in rather fresh not even knowing all of the megas or new Pokémon. The same sort of happened with OR/AS (well, as much as you can for a remake of a game you've beaten 1000 times) but I did have one part of the Delta Episode spoiled for me that WASN'T in the previews. I also feel like the pre-release coverage gave too much away. Leave some megas for us to discover, and keep the Delta Episode's existence even an entire mystery like how Kanto was in G/S.

Elezir

View attachment 50556
In all seriousness though, Pokémon for me is kinda hard to describe, i was a fanboy when was younger, but then lost interest to the point where i skipped a good chunk of the third gen and the entire fourth gen.
Then Black and White brought me back to the series and i realized something:
The joy of the main Pokemon games comes from discovering the region and the monsters yourself. I came to the fifth gerneration unspoiled and fresh. Some designs disgusted me, some amazed me, and as a whole i felt like playing Red/Blue with my brother again.
Then the 6th gen came and i realized why i left the series in the first place, there wasn't much to enjoy after i knew all the new features from the beginning. Admitedlly i also got into "competitive" Pokémon, wich helped me into actually investing hours in X and Y, but it gets tiring really quick, and i already skipped ORAS, so feel like i might leave the series again.
Jack Frost!:happysheep:
Oh...Er, cough.
Yeah, the main pokemon games can get rather repetitive, and while it's fun and all to fill your pokedex by capturing little monsters and trading with friends, it's not my prime choice in gaming.
As I already stated in striked lines, I only played every main pokemon game 'til XY because it was cheap for me: I played all of them until Black/White 2 in emulators. The first pokemon game I actually bought was XY, and even so I don't feel tempted in buying ORAS when I can, say, use that money to buy Fire Emblem if or Bravely Second, series I'm far more interested in. Even the mega evolution was a quite 'meh' addition for me, as it reminds me of Digimon.
Now, not to say I wouldn't actually pay for a new Pokemon Conquest, for example. Some of the pokemon spin offs are far more interesting than the main games.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I think I burned myself out with Pokémon around the third or fourth generations. I put countless hours into Ruby and Diamond, but I've barely touched any of the more recent ones, even Omega Ruby, which I had expected to spend forever on (it being the remake of my favourite in the series).

Shaymikyu

New Pokémon Conquest, Ranger, and Mystery Dungeon please. I love the main series, but I think I loved all of those even more.

Oh, and another Orre game.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Hello, everyone.

I'd like to introduce @Royvolution Ream to the Robin boards. He's a Robin fan himself and wanted to get to know the place better. Would you all give him a warm welcome?

Why don't you say hi to everyone, Ream?

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!

It's okay. His eleven other Ness amiibo came out fine.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I've had an interesting relationship with Pokémon. When I was young, I ADORED IT! I watched the anime religiously, and I had a card collection to be proud of. But I never played the games, except for renting Stadium 1 and 2 a couple times. As for the main series they just flew completely under my gaming radar, even though I got a GBA relatively early in it's lifespan. For some inexplicable reason I just never crossed paths with the games, not in stores nor in advertising. Then I started to drop out of the anime sometime towards the end of the Hoenn arc, and Pokémon just ended up falling to the wayside for me. I still thought of myself as a fan of Pokémon, but not nearly to the same degree. Then a few years ago, I started watching NintendoCapriSun's Blind Let's Play of Sapphire, and something about it just clicked for me. Watching someone else's first experience with the series brought me back to that place and feeling of so long ago. My love of Pokémon had a rebirth of sorts. So I borrowed my younger sister's DS and her copy of Pokémon White, and I just played. I got hooked on Pokémon all over again, but in a completely new way than from my youth! It was like living my childhood fantasies of being a real Pokémon trainer. Not long after beating it, I ran out and got a 3DS to play Pokémon Y. While I was playing that I snagged a copy of Diamond off Amazon. Then I ended up getting Alpha Sapphire the day it came out. But ever since that fateful day my love of Pokémon returned twofold, and I've loved every minute of it. While I've only completed Diamond and White so far (except for some endgame stuff) I've been loving every second of it. I supposed I have the advantage of experiencing these games for the first time, as opposed to many of you who have been playing for years, so I can understand your sentiments. But for me, I think my affection for Pokémon is here to stay!

...... Well this has been story-time with Zantetsugun, sorry for the wall of text. If you read all of that, then thanks.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
That's Kirito from 2nd season of Sword Art Online.
Btw, he's in trap form there.
Kirito? Sword Art Online? Trap from? He?!

I finished with Pokemon before @ The Merc The Merc was even born. Red/blue was enough for me.
This, surprisingly, is actually true.

View attachment 50556.
I like Pokemon :)

Hello, everyone.

I'd like to introduce @Royvolution Ream to the Robin boards. He's a Robin fan himself and wanted to get to know the place better. Would you all give him a warm welcome?

G'Day @Royvolution Ream. Welcome to the Robin threads :4robinm::4robinf:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Hello, everyone.

Hello @Royvolution Ream and welcome to the R.S.T.

Listen not to those fools who follow St. Garon. For they will lead you into the path of true darkness, where there are no cookies.

Or pie.

Or cake.

Or cheesecake.

Or ice cream.

Respect the Heropon.

Respect the Tactician.

Disrespect Garon.

Disrespect the Sanic OCs.

In all seriousness, welcome to the thread, choose whichever path you want to follow (no promises I won't annihilate you if you choose the wrong one), and have fun.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Yeah, I really need to get into anime more.

Hello @Royvolution Ream and welcome to the R.S.T.

Listen not to those fools who follow St. Garon. For they will lead you into the path of true darkness, where there are no cookies.

Or pie.

Or cake.

Or cheesecake.

Or ice cream.

Respect the Heropon.

Respect the Tactician.

Disrespect Garon.

Disrespect the Sanic OCs.

In all seriousness, welcome to the thread, choose whichever path you want to follow (no promises I won't annihilate you if you choose the wrong one), and have fun.
You and @ Kotor Kotor need to stop! This war will bring nothing but sorrow to your nations!

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
My issue with the newer Pokemon games is there has been a decreasing amount of post game content. That and it feels as if the games have gotten progressively easier. Plus Gamefreak has made a tendency to reveal a lot more information about the upcoming games when I feel that they should give out less to have us learn about things ourselves.

New Pokémon Conquest, Mystery Dungeon and another Orre game.
HYES!

I would love it if we could get one of these. Conquest was a great idea and I had a blast playing it. Mystery Dungeon is probably my favorite spin off since they have some of the best stories and nice soundtracks. Colosseum was really enjoyable to see such a darker tone in a Pokemon game not to mention it was our first 3D Pokemon adventure game with a unique protagonist.

Please Gamefreak, as cool as it would be to see the inevitable Gen 7, I would love a curve ball and have something like a Conquest sequel or something of the sort.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
What nation? I have no nation. It's me against the entire R.S.T in terms of St. Garon.

It wouldn't be fair otherwise.
Oh, uh......

Still, you guys need to stop! Can't you see that it is tear this thread apart!

Actually, i don't think it is.

Shaymikyu

My issue with the newer Pokemon games is there has been a decreasing amount of post game content. That and it feels as if the games have gotten progressively easier. Plus Gamefreak has made a tendency to reveal a lot more information about the upcoming games when I feel that they should give out less to have us learn about things ourselves.

HYES!

I would love it if we could get one of these. Conquest was a great idea and I had a blast playing it. Mystery Dungeon is probably my favorite spin off since they have some of the best stories and nice soundtracks. Colosseum was really enjoyable to see such a darker tone in a Pokemon game not to mention it was our first 3D Pokemon adventure game with a unique protagonist.

Please Gamefreak, as cool as it would be to see the inevitable Gen 7, I would love a curve ball and have something like a Conquest sequel or something of the sort.
I do agree that they feel easier lately. I wish they started including difficulty options.

I'm torn on the postgame content, though. X and Y were skimpy, but so are most first games in a gen. OR/AS had quite a bit to do. Maybe not Frontier level, but still better than some of the other games.

I still stand by the Mystery Dungeon series having the best writing in any Pokémon game, spin-off or otherwise.

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
Kirito? Sword Art Online? Trap from? He?!

This, surprisingly, is actually true.

I like Pokemon :)

G'Day @Royvolution Ream. Welcome to the Robin threads :4robinm::4robinf:
Eh, Kirito's a pretty mediocre trap. I've seen better, and less overpowered. I haven't really been able to get into the pokemon games recently. I started playing with Gen 2. I feel like the games have gotten a bit too easy in the recent iterations. I also tried playing pokemon conquest but I didn't like it too much. It just felt to me like it didn't have enough substance. I loved mystery dungeon games though. Only played blue, and explorers of sky though.

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I do agree that they feel easier lately. I wish they started including difficulty options.

I'm torn on the postgame content, though. X and Y were skimpy, but so are most first games in a gen. OR/AS had quite a bit to do. Maybe not Frontier level, but still better than some of the other games.

I still stand by the Mystery Dungeon series having the best writing in any Pokémon game, spin-off or otherwise.
If I remember, Black/White tried including a difficulty option, but you couldn't change it until you beat the main game, and in order to get both options you had to do that 'key trading' thing with someone who had the other version. So it was badly executed but at least they tried.

Post game was pretty meh for X and Y, ORAS did have some nice stuff but the lack of a Battle Frontier was disappointing. It's too bad we'll probably never get anything like what Johto did and have us be able to visit another region after completing the main game.

Mystery Dungeon by far has the best writing in a Pokemon game. It's one of the few games to have made me tear up, which I never would have expected from a Pokemon game. If we ever get a main title with a story on par of something like Explorers of Time/Darkness I would be pretty happy.

Top Bottom