• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Robins, has there been any research into using up equipment and ejecting it to get out of combos or to cover options? I've never seen any Robin do it, but it seems very interesting and useful
I mean, I improvise with it when necessary, but it's difficult to plan around.

D

Deleted member

How in the world do people think Shulk is a B+ character?
I have to agree with this slightly.
Shulk does have amazing adaptability with the Monado Arts, but he still has some glaring weaknesses, such as his end lag (which causes him to get easily punished) and he just seems like a character that can get easily combo'd (I fought a Luigi with Shulk... I quickly got to 60% in less than a minute).

I think that Shulk is more of a B to B- character. He's not terrible at all and he needs a lot to work with, but his weaknesses could end up being his undoing.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
If I know I have just a use left in a tome or sword and I have the breathing room, I use it up and grab it.

People are used to planning around plasma balls, fireballs, and Levin shenanigans. They are not used to the books and sword coming at you at wtf mph.

Besides, if you have the choice of knowingly getting your item back and getting the respawn clock started at your choosing, or hoping, not knowing, you'll hit with that last use, and then restart the clock when you've possibly put yourself in a precarious predicament, I'd pick the former option and have the threat of the book or sword for those few seconds.

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
I have to agree with this slightly.
Shulk does have amazing adaptability with the Monado Arts, but he still has some glaring weaknesses, such as his end lag (which causes him to get easily punished) and he just seems like a character that can get easily combo'd (I fought a Luigi with Shulk... I quickly got to 60% in less than a minute).

I think that Shulk is more of a B to B- character. He's not terrible at all and he needs a lot to work with, but his weaknesses could end up being his undoing.
Shulk can actually cancel the endlag from his aerials by changing monado arts and he doesn't get combo'd that much harder than let's say, Robin. It also doesn't help that Luigi is just a combo beast.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Weirdly enough, the few people I play with offline (many of whom are competitive) know my Ness and Robin so well that I tend to fare better as Shulk simply because they don't know what to make of him.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
You people are are talking about the Reddit Tier List, too? Luigi and ROB are reasonably high. I have no complaints. :happysheep:

(Although I can't follow up most attacks.)

:231:

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Really, Robin is better than tier lists give him credit for.

And honestly, tier lists have varied so much since the beginning that they're entertainment value for me at this point. Nothing more than objects to laugh at.

Last edited:

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
Tier lists right now are nothing to me. Why? Because balance patches exist.

I also agree that Shulk is incredibly overrated and at the same time Ike underrated. I feel like they should be a lot closer to each other somewhere around B- to C+. Ike's advantage(his throw game, D-tilt and Nair combo starter which work even in the 70-80s which he can easily get) is a lot better than Shulks but Shulk doen't get combo'd as hard and can excel at one area at time(though takes some risk with buster and Smash). Otherwise they are pretty similar(trying to outspace the opponents with range and disjoint, autocancel aerials, kind of read based characters).

But the list looks nice, best I have seen yet. Doesn't say much of course.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Smash 4 is a strange animal...

It's been half a year, and we still haven't made an agreeable tier list.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
The beauty of the game is that it's an ever-shifting landscape. High-tier today, mid-tier tomorrow, and vice-versa. The meta changes frequently and is constantly getting upset and reconsidered. I love that kind of unabashed variety, it keeps things interesting and ensures we don't end up in a 20XX scenario - which I personally find to be abjectly dull.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Just waiting for the patch where Falcon's hitboxes are corrected, Rosalina is given some semblence of startup lag, and Luigi and Sheik are removed from the game.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Speaking of patches
Why was Link's jab cancel removed but not Fox's? A character who isn't too good has their guaranteed kills removed, but a really good character doesn't??? Sakurai logic.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'm just waiting for Marth and Lucina to have their lag removed.

I can live with Pit and Palutena, as they have a lot to work with in the long run (Pit has a ubiquitously diverse toolkit, Palutena has customs), but the heirs to the Falchion are just full of unnecessary nerfs.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Sm4sh could become a whole different game balance-wise in a few years if these balance patches occur regularly.

And that's not even taking into account any new characters, stages, or modes that get introduced via DLC in the future.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Just waiting for the patch where Falcon's hitboxes are corrected, Rosalina is given some semblence of startup lag, and Luigi and Sheik are removed from the game.
Falcon's hitboxes? Are they too small? :awesome:

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
HIIIII!!!!!!!

Sorry I haven't been here in forever. I didn't get notifications here and I forgot to drop in. How's everything been? How excited are you guys for Yooka-Laylee??

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Yes, way too small:

;_;
Far too small.

His f-smash can't hit you from the opposite side of the stage yet. This gross anomaly needs to be corrected.
You are funny little bird, Weeman.

The face says it all.
In all seriousness though, i know his Fsmash reach is absurd, specially if you do a quick dash before, giving it even more range than Shulk's Fsmash.
But apart from that what other Falcon's hitbox is too big? He doesn't even have disjoints anymore.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
HIIIII!!!!!!!

Sorry I haven't been here in forever. I didn't get notifications here and I forgot to drop in. How's everything been? How excited are you guys for Yooka-Laylee??
Looks pretty hype, though my fear is that it becomes like Mighty No. 9 and we never hear of it again until next year.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
C. Falcon is like the fusion of Speed Racer and Chuck Norris.

He should be on everyone's main list.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Looks pretty hype, though my fear is that it becomes like Mighty No. 9 and we never hear of it again until next year.
Well, they've set themselves a deadline of October 2016, and they have a history of working under deadlines. Along with that, they're rather active about looking at artwork of their fans and sharing designs that they've made and whatnot thus far.

So I wouldn't be too worried. They'll probably throw us bones without gorging us.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Yes, way too small:

;_;
Too awesome for physics! :4falcon:
Like I said......
Captain Falcon and Chuck Norris?
More, a fusion of Speed Racer, Batman, all of the Power Rangers, Space Ghost and Kamen Rider.
Oh, and Mach Rider.
Kamen Rider Falcon. Has a nice ring to it!
HIIIII!!!!!!!

I would state that the levels of my excitement have in fact exceeded the numerical value of nine-thousand.

Top Bottom