• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Anyway now for a truly important and meaningful topic of discussion:
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SMASHBOARDS COLOR THEME?
Dark? Amethyst? Jade? Garnet? Sugilite? Project M? Steven? Saphire?
TELL TELL TELL
Project M. Dark has too much orange going on. Onyx is alright, but I like a little bit of colour sometimes :p

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
One thing that I love about Takumi is the love he has for his pet to make him a prominent character in one of his games

love this little fluffball <3
No animu originated character in Smash too pls

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I was going with Emerald for a while since green is my favorite color, but after experimenting and growing tired of all the green I got used to Topaz and have stuck with that.

Also @ Raziek Raziek for graduating

(I know I posted this for when you won the Robin tournament, but I can't help but use this as an excuse to share this video again)

Last edited:

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Garnet and Dark are the only ones that doesn't clash with Blue, and I really like the dark backgrounds. :4larry:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I GRADUATED.

Congratulations on graduating, Raziek!!! :colorful: Looks like you've tipped the scales in favour of the future you desire! :awesome:

:4robinm:"Now that's strategy!"

Here's to you, Raziek, my fellow Canadian and tactician! May you're future be as bright as a fully charged Thoron!

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Congratulations on graduating, Raziek!!! :colorful: Looks like you've tipped the scales in favour of the future you desire! :awesome:

:4robinm:"Now that's strategy!"

Here's to you, Raziek, my fellow Canadian and tactician! May you're future be as bright as a fully charged Thoron!

Long time no see Shrek
How has the swamp been lately?
I hope your visit is not ogre yet.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Hold up...THEY REPRINTED AN AMIIBO???
I guess Villager got one as well and from the cries of many people on the subreddit of r/amiibo, the reprint's got a pretty big forehead when compared to the original Villager.

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
TELL TELL TELL
Malachite. The dark theme and green highlights? yes, please!
I love if Sakurai actually responded to posts like that.
Like if someone asked him if Goku could get into Smash Bros. on Twitter and his reply was just "lol".
I think I'd actually like Goku as a fighter in Smash. But it would irk me that he's not a video game character.
And I wouldn't mind Smash having lots of third parties. I just feel it's all about the greatness that games are, and Goku just isn't a video game character first.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Malachite. The dark theme and
I think I'd actually like Goku as a fighter in Smash. But it would irk me that he's not a video game character.
And I wouldn't mind Smash having lots of third parties. I just feel it's all about the greatness that games are, and Goku just isn't a video game character first.
Well, I would too...
Plus I think he has potential...having a Ki gauge like the DBZ fighters would be interesting.

D

Deleted member

OK, so I finally got to case 2 in PW: Justice for All. I did the first case earlier just to get a feel for the game.

I think that it's pretty good so far. The Psych-Lock makes the game more interesting during the Investigating periods, as it's basically a mini-Courtroom segment. It's a nice change of pace.
The second case also had a good plot with a nice twist. I think it was almost as good as the 4th case in the original game. I felt as though that it was more intriguing to go through than case 2 and 3 in the original. I just wonder how that case will connect with the future cases.
And I bet that Edgeworth will appear somewhere and I am predicting that some character will use Psych-Lock on Phoenix.

One complaint that I have is, while I am OK with a health meter, I hate how completing a courtroom segment doesn't replenish your health. So basically, when I was done with the first courtroom battle, I had very little health left and had to Psych-Lock someone and, since wrong answers in the Psych-Lock depletes your health, I had to repeat the answers that I gave over and over again because I kept getting some of the answers wrong. It got pretty annoying and repetitive. I think that the Psych-Locks are your only means of regaining health as well.

Also, while I do find the music to be pretty good, there is one nitpick that I have with it: this game's Pursuit~Cornered is pretty inferior to the original's.
I GRADUATED.
Congratulations!

TELL TELL TELL
Emerald, because it's green.

I love if Sakurai actually responded to posts like that.
Like if someone asked him if Goku could get into Smash Bros. on Twitter and his reply was just "lol".
No. He would say that is a good idea and include Goku in Smash.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
OK, so I finally got to case 2 in PW: Justice for All. I did the first case earlier just to get a feel for the game.

I think that it's pretty good so far. The Psych-Lock makes the game more interesting during the Investigating periods, as it's basically a mini-Courtroom segment. It's a nice change of pace.
The second case also had a good plot with a nice twist. I think it was almost as good as the 4th case in the original game. I felt as though that it was more intriguing to go through than case 2 and 3 in the original. I just wonder how that case will connect with the future cases.
If you liked the second case, you're going to love the fourth case (which is my favourite case of the entire series). Case 2 was decent, but case 4 blows it out of the water in my opinion.

The third case, though. Simply FABULOUS! *shot*
Don't worry, you only have to play case 3 once to unlock case 4, and it does have some good moments.

Also, while I do find the music to be pretty good, there is one nitpick that I have with it: this game's Pursuit~Cornered is pretty inferior to the original's.
But that was one of my favourite songs from the game! :p Definitely weaker than the first, though, and overall, I felt that JfA's was the weakest soundtrack in the series, after AJ's (AJ's soundtrack was hateful).

RadiantTactician

NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Anyone around up for some Smash matches? I'm pretty bored ;w;
Preferably on Wii U plox

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If you liked the second case, you're going to love the fourth case (which is my favourite case of the entire series). Case 2 was decent, but case 4 blows it out of the water in my opinion.

The third case, though. Simply FABULOUS! *shot*
Don't worry, you only have to play case 3 once to unlock case 4, and it does have some good moments.
Now I am pretty excited for it! I wonder how it's going to all play out...

When you say that it has some good moments, I am starting that this case isn't going to be "abso-poise-lutely perfect."
I remember you mentioning about some terrible circus case... is this the one?

But that was one of my favourite songs from the game! :p Definitely weaker than the first, though, and overall, I felt that JfA's was the weakest soundtrack in the series, after AJ's (AJ's soundtrack was hateful).
I can sense that a little.
I think that the testimony song lacks the tension that the original had. While the Pursuit~Cornered theme in this game (or, I think it's official name is Pursuit~Questioned) is good, it just lacks the sense of justice, victory, and adrenaline that the original has.

Anyone around up for some Smash matches? I'm pretty bored ;w;
Preferably on Wii U plox
I might be able to soon.
There's an event going on today in my house, so I am a bit worried if I will encounter lag...

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
When you say that it has some good moments, I am starting that this case isn't going to be "abso-poise-lutely perfect."
I remember you mentioning about some terrible circus case... is this the one?
Yup. The circus case is case 3. It's usually regarded as the weakest case of the original trilogy (some of the cases in AJ plumb lower depths), but even then it still has a few things in its favour.
Case 4, on the other hand, I'm deliberately trying to avoid saying much of anything about it. It's one of those things I wish I could go back and experience again without knowing what's going to happen. If you see anyone mention it before you play it, avoid like the plague :p

I can sense that a little.
I think that the testimony song lacks the tension that the original had. While the Pursuit~Cornered theme in this game (or, I think it's official name is Pursuit~Questioned) is good, it just lacks the sense of justice, victory, and adrenaline that the original has.
That sums it up better than I could.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
For all the **** case 2-3 gets, I'd probably say I still dislike 2-1 more, hate the whole amnesia thing, the witness and defendant (Maggey is my least favorite AA character, by far).

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Well, I managed to write some stuff today. Not much, but it's something.

I really need to learn how to structure my work. As it is, I'm pretty much pulling scraps of story out of thin air and changing them every few seconds to suit my current whims. >w<;;

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
For all the **** case 2-3 gets, I'd probably say I still dislike 2-1 more, hate the whole amnesia thing, the witness and defendant (Maggey is my least favorite AA character, by far).
At least it's just a short tutorial case, but if it had an investigation phase and second trial day, I wouldn't hesitate to put it below 2-3.
I can think of a few characters I like less than Maggey, though.

D

Deleted member

Yup. The circus case is case 3. It's usually regarded as the weakest case of the original trilogy (some of the cases in AJ plumb lower depths), but even then it still has a few things in its favour.
Case 4, on the other hand, I'm deliberately trying to avoid saying much of anything about it. It's one of those things I wish I could go back and experience again without knowing what's going to happen. If you see anyone mention it before you play it, avoid like the plague :p
Why is it weak? Is the plot of it bad or does it have some dumb, infuriating puzzles? (maybe a sad mixture of both?)

I will be avoiding spoilers in that case. I haven't searched up anything in regards to the story.

I didn't like the tutorial as well. I hated the amnesia aspect of it as well.

RadiantTactician

NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
I should probably add some of y'all here while I'm at it. Prepare to receive a friend request from one smashergal426.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Why is it weak? Is the plot of it bad or does it have some dumb, infuriating puzzles? (maybe a sad mixture of both?)
The characters are the main turnoff for me. Also, the murder case as a whole strikes me as ridiculous, even by this series' standards
the killer just drops a lump of stone out of his window, expecting the correct victim to follow the instructions of a letter titled "To the murderer"? That plan was bound to fail from step one in my opinion.
There's also one of the witnesses, where you actually lose health if you press the wrong statements.

RadiantTactician

NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Ugh, why am I having problems connecting? I was playing For Glory perfectly fine earlier... -__-

Top Bottom