• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
From Dalhousie University, with a Bachelor of Computer Science!
Correct me if I'm wrong but to my knowledge you don't really need a graduate degree with computer science. So I take it then that the full time working world is your next step?

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Whoever the pinhead is that designed Ruto's Level 3 weapon mission in Hyrule Warriors needs to be castrated.

We do not need this cosmic stupidity populating the planet.
Ugh don't remind me. I still have PTSD from that mission. It took hours of grinding (and praying to Hylia herself) until I beat it. (On the plus side it did make Ruto my strongest character by far)

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Congrates @ Raziek Raziek !

-Just felt like saying something.
I'm not hyped for Yooka-Laylee as I'm not a BK fan, but it's awesome seeing fans finally getting something they've been asking for for quite sometime. :upsidedown:
I just hope the game not a 100% BK clone, as the devs should strive to make it its own thing too.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Correct me if I'm wrong but to my knowledge you don't really need a graduate degree with computer science. So I take it then that the full time working world is your next step?
That is correct! I am completely done with my schooling, and damn, it feels good.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Whoever the pinhead is that designed Ruto's Level 3 weapon mission in Hyrule Warriors needs to be castrated.

We do not need this cosmic stupidity populating the planet.
I haven't done that yet. But do tell... What horrors can I expect?

It can't be much worse than Zelda's Baton Level 2 and Lana's Gate Level 2 missions, both of which are those atrocious three-way fights. You know, the ones where for every enemy on one side you kill, it spawns two high-morale enemies for the other side? Which are ALL making a beeline for your base. And one side HAS to ***** Dinoflos/Lizalflos.

God, the only thing worse than a Dinoflo or a Lizalfo is a HIGH MORALE Dinoflo or Lizalflo.

Only one solution to those ********: swig a guard breaking potion before you go.

Edit @ Raziek Raziek :

Congrats dude. Many, many, many congrats.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I haven't done that yet. But do tell... What horrors can I expect?

It can't be much worse than Zelda's Baton Level 2 and Lana's Gate Level 2 missions, both of which are those atrocious three-way fights. You know, the ones where for every enemy on one side you kill, it spawns two high-morale enemies for the other side? Which are ALL making a beeline for your base. And one side HAS to ***** Dinoflos/Lizalflos.

God, the only thing worse than a Dinoflo or a Lizalfo is a HIGH MORALE Dinoflo or Lizalflo.

Only one solution to those *******s: swig a guard breaking potion before you go.

Edit @ Raziek Raziek :

Congrats dude. Many, many, many congrats.
If I recall correctly there's a whole army of Big Poes and Lizalfos that will be bum-rushing your base right off the bat. Then of course they have to throw in the 2 cuccos fighting side mission, so either A) you do it and get trapped in a room filled with killer chickens, or B) you ignore it and pray to Hylia you can survive the soon coming storm of chickens. Plus the final boss is Zant, so you have to deal with his dumb weak point gimmick (seriously why did they make Zant's weak point "activation" technique different, aka more annoying) so you have to make sure that you have enough time to deal with his unpredictable *ss. I'd say it's right up there with the two missions you mentioned.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
So why are the Dinolfos in Agitha's Level 3 mission allowed to cheat?

Do not demonstrate that my Strong Attacks can overpower everything but guarding, but then have the 1,729 Dinolfos in this mission tank the attacks without flinching and smack Agitha with their tails and ruin the A-rank, game.

:salt:

High Morale Icy Big Poes are worse.

They take more abuse than should be necessary, and their auto-combo breaker move they have and teleport spam only serve to piss you off and waste your time. I'll gladly take on Lizalfos and Dinofols over these ****ers, because I know they won't break the game, Agitha Level 3 mission nonwithstanding.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

Do not demonstrate that my Strong Attacks can overpower everything but guarding, but then have the 1,729 Dinolfos in this mission tank the attacks without flinching and smack Agitha with their tails and ruin the A-rank, game.

Because the game hates Agitha with a passion. Seriously though Koei/Tecmo? 1000 kills in 10 minutes while dealing with 4 GOD D*MNED IMPRISONED'S!

By the way, what do you guys think of my new avatar?

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!

I just redid that mission. Going as far as to using a level 2 weapon. I just spammed Agitha's Strong Attack on all those Dinoflos paired up at the beginning. Just keep spamming and use the Special Attack whenever the opportunity present itself. Sooner or later, all those Dinoflos will go down.

My Agitha is at level 69. What's yours?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm going to repost this from another thread because I think you guys will understand why this saddens me:
So I had the absolute worst dream ever.

I was in a huge theater...there were three Smash Bros. trailers back to back.
The first one revealed Pichu. The second one revealed Ghirahim. The third one revealed Goku. Pure bliss, it was. It felt so real. I was hype the entire time.

So why was it a horrible dream? Because it was all a ****ing dream! :cry:
Ghirahim and Goku...

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I'm going to repost this from another thread because I think you guys will understand why this saddens me:

The first one revealed Pichu. The second one revealed Ghirahim. The third one revealed Goku. Pure bliss, it was. It felt so real. I was hype the entire time.

Ghirahim and Goku...
And IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!
HOLY ****!
will always love you!
I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DID THIS TO ME GODDAMNIT HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?!!!

Also i liked your Midna avatar better :awesome:

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I just redid that mission. Going as far as to using a level 2 weapon. I just spammed Agitha's Strong Attack on all those Dinoflos paired up at the beginning. Just keep spamming and use the Special Attack whenever the opportunity present itself. Sooner or later, all those Dinoflos will go down.

My Agitha is at level 69. What's yours?
I don't really like her Strong Attack because she takes way too long to get it going. The level may be an issue though, she's at level 39, lol.

But, I DID unlock a Vs. Dragon skill on one of her Parasols after grinding her level up a bit. Dinofols are going to be taking big hits now.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I really like Midna and Lucario but I am reluctant to use avatars of them, on the grounds that a lot of other people use them.
You don't see many people with Resident Evil, and much less of Moira. ;)

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I've seen one other person with Maya, one or two Edgeworths, a Manfred von Karma, a Trucy, and someone who photoshopped Dark Pit's head onto Edgeworth (for added edginess).
I also don't think I've seen anyone else with Sigurd from FE4.
So I'm in a pretty exclusive group around here.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Ghirahim and Goku...
I understand you being hyped for Ghiratina Ghirahim, but being hyped for Goku?

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Absolutely.
If Goku got in Smash Bros. the speculation community would explode. And then Ghirahim and Pichu on top of that...we would never be able to predict anything with any sort of faith ever again. It would be glorious.

Also, Goku would be in Smash Bros. Yes.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Objectively, Goku should never be in Smash Brothers and no one should want otherwise.
But reallisticaly, a grand portion of Smash fans would be hyped, or at least interested if that happened

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
If by some insane improbability, Goku somehow made it into Smash Bros., I'd be concerned that it would open the floodgates to lesser anime characters...or worse. Shrek...

But as for Goku himself...

Hype would be had.

Last edited:

BindingShield

Smash Journeyman
NNID
M2TheC
I'd be disgusted if Goku got in. He isn't even a videogame character, much less a Nintendo representative, which is the entire point of smash bros.
Sure we would have some hype as he's a cool guy and an excellent fighter but it would show a sorry state of Nintendo affairs and probably a beginning of a downward spiral into self destruction. Every Anime character would have a fan base clamoring for them to get in. Hell, everyone would be demanding for people to get in, even if they have no link to games in General.
Leave Goku and Shrek for the mods and Super Flash, not anywhere near the official release.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'd honestly be disgusted by Goku getting in too. My disgust would still probably be overpowered by my love for DBZ though. :chuckle:
Although I have a feeling a lot of people who hate the idea of Goku in Smash would immediately change their tune if he actually did.
It happens with every character that is hated.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I don't really like her Strong Attack because she takes way too long to get it going. The level may be an issue though, she's at level 39, lol.

But, I DID unlock a Vs. Dragon skill on one of her Parasols after grinding her level up a bit. Dinofols are going to be taking big hits now.
Well, her level is certainly an issue. I remember having her at 56 when I beat her level 3 mission the first time. It was also my first run. I guess being aware of its infamy and the Strong Attack spam certainly helped for me.

Did you buy any of the DLC?

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Anyway now for a truly important and meaningful topic of discussion:
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SMASHBOARDS COLOR THEME?
Dark? Amethyst? Jade? Garnet? Sugilite? Project M? Steven? Saphire?
TELL TELL TELL

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
TELL TELL TELL
Dark because it's the one I'm most used to and the only one I like the complimentary style of.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Actually...now that I think about it...Goku's been on Nintendo's platforms more times than pretty much everyone in Smash Bros.
If he had actually originated in video games or was recognized more for the games than the TV show...he would be the most deserving third-party that isn't in yet.

TELL TELL TELL
Dark. Anything else is impossibly hard for me to read.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
TELL TELL TELL
Project M is the way to go.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I'm boring and use Dark. I've tried the others, but they just feel off to me.

I like the colors slightly more in Shaqboards, but I don't want everything covered in Shaq.:yeahboi:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
TELL TELL TELL
I see what you did there!

Currently I'm rolling with

Weeman

Smash Crusader
The main takeaway from this, though, is that Ghirahim was confirmed...but it was a dream.
You all must know how much that hurts me.
I once dreamt Hawlucha got announced, then i woke up and realized it was April 4th, the day of the Smash Direct.
Then Greninja got announced and i felt like a false prophet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom