• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I'M BACK! We lost power for about an hour here. Turns out it was a huge thing where some 1600 homes/customers lost power. Good thing it happened during the day so it could get fixed quickly.

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
@XenoBrawler610 was that you trying to join? I wasn't familiar with that Mii name, so I'm not sure. D:

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
what are some guaranteed robin combos?
Dtilt -> Dash Grab at low percents.
Sourspot Levin Uair -> Sweetspot Levin Bair
Sourspot Levin Bair -> Sweetspot Levin Bair
Z-drop Tome -> Levin Dair
Aerial Smash Down Throw Tome -> Levin Bair/Uair
Aerial Down Throw Tome -> Nosferatu
Footstool -> Z-drop Tome -> Footstool -> Elwind Spike
Sourspot Levin Fair -> Rapid Jab at low percents.

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Welp.....I got royally owned by RadiantTactician RadiantTactician . I did win one match though. :awesome: Clearly, I have a great deal of training that I need to do. It didn't help that I was playing on the Gamepad and kept backslashing off the edge, but oh well. :p

Good games, m'lady. You were indeed a radiant opponent and fun one at that. :colorful: Thanks for putting up with my mediocrity. >w<;;

Last edited:

RadiantTactician

NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Welp.....I got royally owned by RadiantTactician RadiantTactician . I did win one match though. :awesome: Clearly, I have a great deal of training that I need to do. It didn't help that I was playing on the Gamepad and kept backslashing off the edge, but oh well. :p

Good games, m'lady. You were indeed a radiant opponent and fun one at that. :colorful: Thanks for putting up with my mediocrity. >w<;;
Aha, I was wondering what was that about. xD Thanks for the fun matches!

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Robin in B- honestly doesn't sound so bad.

Poor Charizard, though.

stealth rock is in smash lol

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
That list doesn't look too bad. Not sure I agree with Lucina being so far below Marth though. Below him, certainly, but not to the extent that list says.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
High Morale Icy Big Poes are worse.

They take more abuse than should be necessary, and their auto-combo breaker move they have and teleport spam only serve to piss you off and waste your time. I'll gladly take on Lizalfos and Dinofols over these ****ers, because I know they won't break the game, Agitha Level 3 mission nonwithstanding.
Even High Morale Icy Big Poes give you weak point gauges. The only thing more stingy with the weak point gauges than Lizalfos and Dinofols is Zant.

Zant's is just plain stupid though. You basically have to eat his strongs and cause him to overdo it in the same manner you can accidentally overdo it. If you dodge for example (which is what logic dictates) he stops his attack or maybe carries it on for a split second to kill that poor soldier that was right next to you. But if you sit there and eat it, than he'll eventually flub it and give you a weak point gauge.

Last edited:

draydawg2020

Smash Cadet
NNID
draydawg2020

Poor Charizard, though.

lets go pika! and i think that diddy should be moved down a bit. hes still good but i dont think A+and i agree with robins placement. but tiers mean nothing so its ok.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Dtilt -> Dash Grab at low percents.
Sourspot Levin Uair -> Sweetspot Levin Bair
Sourspot Levin Bair -> Sweetspot Levin Bair
Z-drop Tome -> Levin Dair
Aerial Smash Down Throw Tome -> Levin Bair/Uair
Aerial Down Throw Tome -> Nosferatu
Footstool -> Z-drop Tome -> Footstool -> Elwind Spike
Sourspot Levin Fair -> Rapid Jab at low percents.
lets go pika! and i think that diddy should be moved down a bit. hes still good but i dont think A+and i agree with robins placement. but tiers mean nothing so its ok.
Diddy is still good, mind you. Not the monster he was before, but still good enough for A+ rank.

draydawg2020

Smash Cadet
NNID
draydawg2020
Diddy is still good, mind you. Not the monster he was before, but still good enough for A+ rank.
i know he is still good and i messed up what i said. i just think he shouldnt be above the other A+'s. but he is still A+. just not high A+.

RadiantTactician

NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Huh, I didn't think my highest-tiered character would be Mii Brawler; not that I really care, mind you, but I think it's hilarious because all I use is Petch. :drshrug:

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276

Poor Charizard, though.

Screw all those people who said Meta Knight sucks in Smash 4. He has more potential for some unpredictable combos than most other characters by my experience.

Also fought my share of good Sheiks in FG. She's pretty darn good, but I wouldn't say she's deserving of the S tier. (thank God there's no SS tier this time around though... :4metaknight:)

On another note, I just found out that Laura Bailey also voiced Lust in FMA. I will never think of Lucina the same way again...

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956

Poor Charizard, though.

I think Lucario is a little low. Rage + Aura is a very, very scary thing, and against Shiek, who has trouble killing even at high percentages, that's going to pay BIG dividends.
In regards to Robin, I think that's low as well. Robin can kill really well. Robin has a laundry list of good solid killy things.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I think Lucario is a little low. Rage + Aura is a scary, scary thing, and against Shiek, who has trouble killing even at high percentages, that's going to pay BIG dividends.
In regards to Robin, I think that's low as well. Robin can kill really well. Robin has a laundry list of good solid killy things.
Thing with Luca is that his efficacy is inversely proportionate to his endurance: the stronger he is, the easier he is to kill. He's a glass cannon that becomes glassier the more cannonier he becomes.

I seriously think that a tier list without customs taken into consideration is a tier list that doesn't take into account the roster's full potential. Try playing custom Palutena or Ganondorf and tell me they aren't decidedly more terrifying than default.

Tacticulbacon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tacticulbacon
arcfire -> arcfire -> arcfire-> arcfire-> arcfire-> arcfire-> throw arcfire tome usually works for me.

EDIT: Upon closer inspection, arcfire spam does not appear to be a guaranteed combo.

Source: my win/loss ratio in for glory

Last edited:

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
arcfire -> arcfire -> arcfire-> arcfire-> arcfire-> arcfire-> throw arcfire tome usually works for me.

EDIT: Upon closer inspection, arcfire spam does not appear to be a guaranteed combo.

Source: my win/loss ratio in for glory
Robin's spam Arcfire tactic isn't as effective as some of his other combos...

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
You really don't want to spam Arcfire. It's your best move for spacing out your opponent and keeping control of the stage, and once it's gone, you've got a far harder job of keeping your opponent off your back.

Upon closer inspection, arcfire spam does not appear to be a guaranteed combo.
It isn't. You can string two together early on, but trying any more past that is just wasting your already-limited uses.

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
You really don't want to spam Arcfire. It's your best move for spacing out your opponent and keeping control of the stage, and once it's gone, you've got a far harder job of keeping your opponent off your back.

It isn't. You can string two together early on, but trying any more past that is just wasting your already-limited uses.
Finally. Someone who gets it. Pretty much every Robin player I've ever met online goes all-out Arcfire spamming. They usually conclude with a well-timed book throw (which is usually moderately predictable). It's not a very effective tactic at all - not while Robin has so much potential in some of his other combos. A grab + downthrow at moderate to high percentages spells doom for characters with poor overhead aerial recoveries; once you get such characters to a high enough percentage, it's all over. Even Mewtwo with his epic aerials is usually gone with one fell swoop of LS-Uair.

Regarding his low-ish position on the tier-list, I suppose something worthy to note is that ease-of-use is oft taken into consideration in tier-lists. I know there are some high-tier characters that have been labeled hard to use, but out of any character who's been given such a label, Robin is most definitely the hardest to master. I'd say he's the only character on the roster whom such a label can be taken into consideration for, obviously because he's beyond doubt the most tactic-based character in the game.

As for Meta Knight, I suppose I was the only :4metaknight: player who took Meta Knight's buffed specials into consideration. I think he's nowhere near as easy to use as he was in Brawl this time around. But people don't tend to take his strategic potential seriously enough IMO. His Dimensional Cape is not only powerful enough to be worth the risk of using it in Smash 4, but (it could just be me on this one) I also believe that the amount of frames it's vulnerable for have been reduced. I rarely see people use this on FG despite it acting essentially as a counter-type move. A properly-timed and well-aimed Dimensional Cape can be an extremely deadly counter-attack against moves like Falcon Kick or Boost Kick. Drill Rush seems to have been buffed (ever slightly) as well. But I suppose his most effective KO move in Brawl, Shuttle Loop, has been buffed the most (in terms of attack power/potential KOs of course). It's one of the most effective ceiling KO moves in the game by my experience - I've KOed some of the heaviest characters in the game with it at reasonably low percentages. A lot of people still consider Meta Knight a rush-down-ish speedster, but his diverse specials make him a largely strategic character, at least in my hands.

And that's why I'm totally against his place on the tier list. He can kick some serious booty. Same as good ole' Rabins, people just need to discover all his strategic potential.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Robins, has there been any research into using up equipment and ejecting it to get out of combos or to cover options? I've never seen any Robin do it, but it seems very interesting and useful

Top Bottom