• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
If you choose Hoshido, you might have to kill your adoptive family, some of which seem actually quite loving, that you grew up with your whole life. And while the Hoshido people might be "peace-loving," what if they aren't the most competent rulers to rule over the remains of both kingdoms? Or what if they're peace-loving side hides something else?

And then there's Nohr. You're slaughtering your own blood relatives not too long after they're relieved to the point of tears that you're even still ALIVE, and possibly helping further a sinister agenda. And even with the inside rebellion, again, who's to say the kingdoms won't fall to pieces after the war?

No matter who you choose, there will be consequences... Or maybe I'm over-thinking it and it will all be sunshine and rainbows in the end.
No doubt both sides will have their own Big Bad with their own plans. The third path will probably have someone coughDancerLadycough be responsible for the chaos of the overall game. I know for a fact Nohr's Big Bad won't be St. Garon. He's too nice to even commit a heinous act. His level of kindness continues to grow as we speak.

Guys there will obviously be a greater evil who will unite both sides to fight for the greater good, and then they will find out they loved each other all the time and Hoshinohr will be born.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Nohr King Ganon was just nominated by the pope for a real Sainthood... Or so I hear.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Well, that how war irl works. Nothing is black and white in war.
When we have to kill faceless soldiers or pure evil enemies, we don't feel any compassion for them, the soldiers, because they are just "exp fodder", and the bosses because chances are that they are jerkasses anyway.
Well...

I love how that can work for both villains and heroes alike.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Speaking of war, my brother and I had some great conversations when he fought Gangrel in Awakening.

We talked a lot about appropriate violence, who you really fight in war, and so on. I hope FE:IF hits all the same notes... As well as new ones.

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
When we have to kill faceless soldiers or pure evil enemies, we don't feel any compassion for them, the soldiers, because they are just "exp fodder", and the bosses because chances are that they are jerkasses anyway.
We are accustomated in having all (or most) nice characters with a face and a name in FE on our side, that's why I really like the premise of this game: You'll have to kill characters just because they don't agree with your PoV, even if they aren't completely evil.
I think you have to kill unique characters because in a lot of points during the trailer it is shown that Kamui is attacking characters with a unique designs, who don't look ugly like "Hey I'm an evil boss!", but eh, I could be wrong.
In any way, in the end, one side will have a happy ending, while other will get a "game over". Just how war works.

For some reason I think it will happen in that third path, because otherwise I'm going to be pissed that this game is being sold split.
They said each game is a completely different story after chapter 6. That's the only thing that kind of explains why the hell they decided to sell the two paths separated.
That's sad but true. People never cared for the death of the nameless mooks they were fighting even if they could have had a family they cared for or they could have been genuinely nice people. Henry and Rickens support convo definitely show this.

You know what would be even more surprising? If the third path still doesn't lead to a Happy End. Maybe you will have to slaughter both sides because it turns out both are in a way corrupt:troll:. Yes, yes I will stop with the "kill everyone" mood as soon as I get the game and maybe get attached to some characters.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
What would be interesting is you play on one side, and you kill someone thinking they are a total jerk, and then you play the other side, and you realize: wait, not, this person is like the best person ever.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
What would be interesting is you play on one side, and you kill someone thinking they are a total jerk, and then you play the other side, and you realize: wait, not, this person is like the best person ever.
We'll probably have some characters like that.
For example characters that you have to kill while siding with Nohr that aren't relevant to the main story, so you don't get a whole of their personality, but at Hoshido path you can Support with them and see how sweet they can be.
and then you remember you killed them in your last playthrough.:roll:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Nohr King Ganon was just nominated by the pope for a real Sainthood... Or so I hear.
I can see why. I heard during the first major battle between Nohr and Hoshido, the good King got off his horse and stormed across the battlefield picking up critically injured soldiers. He carried them all on his shoulders and dodged every arrow that was fired at from both sides through sheer willpower. He was determined to save their lives.

There was not a single casualty on the side of Nohr. Well... some lives were lost but St. Ganon punched their chest so hard that their hearts started beating again and were revived!

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
I think I am choosing Hoshido things might chance eventually, but I find a classic fight for justice as entretaned as the edgy "fighting for the invading nation", so yeah obviously everyone is going to hype this site, but I don't see this as impresive as some make it sound.

Also you hear this first here (hopefully) but I can beat people will be upset if a second generation is not present in the game, even if having it doesn't make any sense.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Also you hear this first here (hopefully) but I can beat people will be upset if a second generation is not present in the game, even if having it don't make any sense.
Yeah, I'm fairly sure that's not going to be coming back. I also wouldn't be too surprised if S-supporting is gone too, and they go back to the old-fashioned format of A being the max support level. Not gonna rule it out yet, but *shrug*

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Also you hear this first here (hopefully) but I can bet people will be upset if a second generation is not present in the game, even if having it don't make any sense.
I'm sure they will, but I'm honestly really happy that'll be absent from the game
I hated the time travel sheanigans from Awakening, and I only cared for like 2 of the children character anyways.
If married is gone though, a lot of newbies will probably lose it not being able to get waifus or husbandos.
Not to say I hate the marrying mechanic but the obsession some people can get with this can be both disturbing and annoying.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I'm going to be bummed if the S-Supporting is removed since I'd be lying if I didn't have fun playing matchmaker (plus battle couples are fun), but it won't be a total turn-off from the game for me.

If they do that, though, can we have more platonic paired endings? I know some of the older games had them.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
I'm sure they will, but I'm honestly really happy that'll be absent from the game
I hated the time travel sheanigans from Awakening, and I only cared for like 2 of the children character anyways.
If married is gone though, a lot of newbies will probably lose it not being able to get waifus or husbandos.
Not to say I hate the marrying mechanic but the obsession some people can get with this can be both disturbing and annoying.
I can't help but agree.
If they do give us children units, then at least make it so there's no time travel involved, It gave me more questions than answers.
If children units are gone though, chances are that marriage is, too, since there would be no point in having character marrying each other anymore, other than pure fanservise.

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
I'm not going to lie, I liked the S-Support cg confessions. I'll bet that they will just make S-rank support just add more benefits than A rank. That's a really optimistic bet though. Probably won't happen.

BindingShield

Smash Journeyman
NNID
M2TheC
The main issue with S-ranking is if you want to play both paths... you sleep with your waifu in one file, and butcher them in the second.
What fun we'll have! Wheee!

Burigu

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'm fairly sure that's not going to be coming back. I also wouldn't be too surprised if S-supporting is gone too, and they go back to the old-fashioned format of A being the max support level. Not gonna rule it out yet, but *shrug*
I think marriage is going to be present, just for the proposal cutscene I am sure of it

I have never understood those waifus or husbandos business in any form or way, even more when they call Isabelle from Animal Crossing waifu too. (But if someone how is fan of waifus read this don't take it the wrong way that is only my opinion)

I think the choose your path mechanic is going to compensate for the lack of a theorical 2nd gen, but I have learnt something about the internet is that people will complain for almost anything or everything.

Specially those who were introduced to the series with Awakening

Last edited:

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
I liked pairing up all the characters and all, but it wouldn't be a deal breaker if it's removed this time around; I can live without them like in the past games.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

S-Supports or not, I doubt we're getting a second gen unless they find a new way to allow it to happen. I could still see S-Supports happening for the fanservice and stats stuff, though.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
The only way I could see 2nd gen characters are either a time skip which I don't see happening for this game or they pull a Ross and Garcia from Sacred Stones. We recruit both the kid and the parent.

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
The only way I could see 2nd gen characters are either a time skip which I don't see happening for this game or they pull a Ross and Garcia from Sacred Stones. We recruit both the kid and the parent.
They would have to have a huge time skip for that to happen, it also leaves the problem that you would have had to s-support before the time skip part.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
They would have to have a huge time skip for that to happen, it also leaves the problem that you would have had to s-support before the time skip part.
This has been done before, in FE4 (they split it in the middle with an 18-year jump, before which the parent generation had to be paired off). Though I don't see them doing it again any time soon.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Second generation won't be a part of the main campaign I'm guessing. It will be in a DLC release later, as that would make serious bank.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
And that is why I suggested something like Ross and Garcia. You can say one of the parents is dead while the surviving parent is fighting for their child's future. The kid would tag along because he or she wants to help their parent out.

How will the s-support works, either make both possible or make it one or the other. The latter can go like this: If you can s-support only the kid, it's due to the parent being too old or too faithful to their significant other to remarry. If you can s-support only the parent, it's due to the child, while capable of fighting, is too young to marry.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I would actually prefer A-supports only, or at least have the S supports marry after the game.

Getting hitched in the middle of a war seems like a terrible idea.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
We are accustomated in having all (or most) nice characters with a face and a name in FE on our side, that's why I really like the premise of this game: You'll have to kill characters just because they don't agree with your PoV, even if they aren't completely evil.
I think you have to kill unique characters because in a lot of points during the trailer it is shown that Kamui is attacking characters with a unique designs, who don't look ugly like "Hey I'm an evil boss!", but eh, I could be wrong.
In any way, in the end, one side will have a happy ending, while other will get a "game over". Just how war works.
That's why I have been enjoying Radiant Dawn! Through different parts the game you get to fight many characters that have a name and face! (though, you don't really "kill off" those particular ones)

I've always had somewhat of a soft spot for nameless enemy soldiers. Heck, if the objective is something like Defeat Boss, I'll kill 'em if necessary and spare the rest.

Last edited:

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
I would actually prefer A-supports only, or at least have the S supports marry after the game.

Getting hitched in the middle of a war seems like a terrible idea.
That actually... a really good point. I just remembered how weird it was that couples would give each other gifts and casually talk on the battlefield in awakening.

Last edited:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
That actually... a really good point. I just remembered how weird it was that couples would give each other gifts and casually talk on the battlefield in awakening.
Agreed. In reality, if that sort of thing happened it would go something like this:

"How are you holding up, dear? I couldn’t bear to lose you."

"I'm fine Chrom. Let's hold hands and pretend that there's not a battle going on around us."

*gets killed five seconds later*

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Agreed. In reality, if that sort of thing happened it would go something like this:

"How are you holding up, dear? I couldn’t bear to lose you."

"I'm fine Chrom. Let's hold hands and pretend that there's not a battle going on around us."

*gets killed five seconds later*
Yeah battlefields aren't exactly the most "romantic" locations.

"Oh dear isn't this lovely! The sun is such a crimson red, just like the blood of our fallen comrades!"

"Uh yeah about that. Shouldn't we be helping everyone?"

Shaymikyu

"Oh dear isn't this lovely! The sun is such a crimson red, just like the blood of our fallen comrades!"

"Uh yeah about that. Shouldn't we be helping everyone?"
But what if you support Walhart?;)

In all seriousness, it is a little odd.

Hong

The Strongest
I don't know about that.

In the heat of battle, outnumbered ten-to-one, blood-spattered all over my armour, enemy reinforcements on the way, and only one comrade at my side...
That's what @ Drakonis Drakonis and I call a date. :4robinf::4robinm:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I don't know about that.

In the heat of battle, outnumbered ten-to-one, blood-spattered all over my armour, enemy reinforcements on the way, and only one comrade at my side...
That's what @ Drakonis Drakonis and I call a date. :4robinf::4robinm:
That does sound romantic... But if that said person is my wife, I'd be too distracted with protecting her, instead of following orders, or protecting my other comrades.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
That does sound romantic... But if that said person is my wife, I'd be too distracted with protecting her, instead of following orders.
With me, @ Drakonis Drakonis knows he can go full ham and I've got his back. I won't let him down.:4robinf:

All jokes aside, I never liked in-game marriage systems in Fire Emblem. I find they try too hard to fit friendship and romance into four conversation... which at times results in many jarring results. I'm sure many players have had times where they see an S-Support conversation and are just like "what", trying to imagine how they went from eating pies to wanting to marry. Well, that's actually not unheard of in the world, for people to marry suddenly... But that loses novelty when that is like 80% of the marriages in Awakening, so that's a moot point.

Marriages that take place after the game is over is better for many reasons. For one, the writers will feel less compelled to have friendships between a woman and man end in love, because that's completely ridiculous and stifling of creativity. It will also mean less emotional mileage to cross in support conversations, allowing for more character exploration. Lastly, I'd go so far as to say a romance is better when you leave some mystery in it. For example, when you find out two characters married without precursory dialogue, it leads the imagination to wonder how they formed that closer bond with each other.

All in all I'm all for the end of romantic S-Supports and babymaking. IMO I had enough with Genealogy of the Holy War. It was GREAT back then, but I've had my fill.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I decided to have the Nohr King participate in a battle of smash against the Fire Emblem crew and two other people that could fit in the universe. Praise St. Garon!

Shaymikyu

With me, @ Drakonis Drakonis knows he can go full ham and I've got his back. I won't let him down.:4robinf:

All jokes aside, I never liked in-game marriage systems in Fire Emblem. I find they try too hard to fit friendship and romance into four conversation... which at times results in many jarring results. I'm sure many players have had times where they see an S-Support conversation and are just like "what", trying to imagine how they went from eating pies to wanting to marry. Well, that's actually not unheard of in the world, for people to marry suddenly... But that loses novelty when that is like 80% of the marriages in Awakening, so that's a moot point.

Marriages that take place after the game is over is better for many reasons. For one, the writers will feel less compelled to have friendships between a woman and man end in love, because that's completely ridiculous and stifling of creativity. It will also mean less emotional mileage to cross in support conversations, allowing for more character exploration. Lastly, I'd go so far as to say a romance is better when you leave some mystery in it. For example, when you find out two characters married without precursory dialogue, it leads the imagination to wonder how they formed that closer bond with each other.

All in all I'm all for the end of romantic S-Supports and babymaking. IMO I had enough with Genealogy of the Holy War. It was GREAT back then, but I've had my fill.
That was probably my biggest complaint about Awakening's supports. I enjoyed them, and I can see why a lot are like that, but it feels like some start of as just some friendship thing or one character trying to help another solve and issue and then suddenly, "let's get married!" It's probably why the more platonic supports tend to be my favorite (Lucina and her sibling, M!Morgan and Owain, many of the child/parent supports, F!Robin and Sumia, etc.).

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
*some of you will end up seeing this wall of text twice but much like a certain Lockdown I don't care and its related*

So...I did my first ever Smash tournament today. A small scale one, but a tournament nonetheless. How'd it go, you ask?

Decent.

Out of 25 singles entrants, I placed 10th running solo-Bowser. Double elimination.

The opponents were like For Glory matches; you struggle with some, you plow through others, which isn't surprisng considering that very few good players are around here. Characters I fought against included Meta Knight, Marth, Kirby, Shulk, Dedede, Donkey Kong, Dr Mario, Pittoo, Palutena and Link, plus some others.

I had some ease getting through the Dr Mario, Pittoo and Kirby players. Narrowly escaped getting sent to losers bracket from both Shulk and Dedede. When I did get knocked to losers, it was by Meta Knight.

I fought my way through losers, knocking out the DK, Link and Palutena players. Then that one match came, where I almost got knocked out myself.

A Robin.

Whoever was playing that Robin must have studied Raziek's guide since she(the player) was using nairplanes a lot and constantly keeping me guessing. Easily the most tense match of the entire gig for me. We tied at one point 1-1, but through sheer luck I managed to clutch that third match through a lucky dair spike on Pyrosphere Omega. A Robin had never given me that much trouble before, and that made the win all the better.

Unfortunately, my streak through losers was stopped by a Lucario after bashing through a Pac-Man next set. I sat at the aforementioned 10th place, not bad for my first try. I stayed to watch the wrap-up, culminating in a Captain Falcon taking first, Sonic taking second, and a Diddy of all things taking third.

Despite losing, I enjoyed myself here. First time I've had legitimate competition in months due to no Wii U yet. The players were all friendly and talkative, and when I lost, I was congratulated by several(who were rooting for me) for making it that far with Bowser, since I was the only one using him. The same Robin user who almost knocked me out asked if I was on SmashBoards, leading to an exchange of SB and Skype usernames, though she's asked for me to reserve discretion about it given she's shy.

And from now on, I plan to attend as many tournaments as I can. They're fun even wi the fierce competition for the prize. Might even make a name for myself in time.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory

it's time to wreck all of these crazy shippers beloved features

and please no more playable
( @ Weeman Weeman ) throughout the same game/story arc, at least not ones that were just born

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Well i mean, fearing for your beloved one's life brings out some of the most intense and emotional moments of anyone's life, so granted if both lovers survive, they're in for a "passionate" night :4dedede:
Drakonis Drakonis you lucky dastard

Last edited:
Top Bottom