• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
If you want another bad one, there's shark poaching.

People cruise around the ocean, catching sharks. After they have one on board, one person put their foot on it, another person cuts off the fin, and then they literally just kick it back into the ocean. And guess what? Now it's dead... because the shark needs that fin to swim, and they literally can't breathe if they are not swimming. They are going to die a slow painful death.

And to make matters worse, the fin of the shark is literally one of the most tasteless forms of meat in the world. It has no taste at all; all the flavour comes from the seasonings of the chef. People only eat it out of tradition, as shark fin soup is expensive, and thus if you can afford it, it's a sign of wealth. It's extremely messed up and it feels great when I can get restaurants to stop serving it.

Aye, thanks, friend.

I'm a tracker, so I've spent a lot of time getting a first-hand observation of a lot of wildlife near and far. When I observe beautiful creatures in their natural habitat, doing what they naturally do... I can't imagine why anyone would want to take that away. If they get hunted down and mauled by a predator... that's fine. That is the natural circle of life in motion. Those predators NEED that elephant or whatever to live. With poachers... they just want some dirty money. :/

uuuuuugh

Had to remind me of shark fin soup... That's the one that gets me the most for some reason.
Maybe it's 'cause when some people hear about it they're all like "oh, poaching sharks? Well, I don't like sharks, so I don't care."
'Cause everyone just thinks of sharks as viscous killers and a danger to humans.
:4luigi:

I think great whites in particular are very stunning (in a good way).

Hong

The Strongest
The combination of the cute animal gifs and talking about the disgusting greed in humans just makes me sad. :crying:
I just really hate people who just exploit the environment for money. We weren't intended to live like this.
When I talk about this to some people about this, every now and then I get "It's survival of the fittest."

While this is true, I think the message is too simplified.

I think it's "Survival of the fittest, and then the fittest help us survive."

That is to say, it is natural for the strongest, most adaptable, superior life form, be it within its species or the animal kingdom, to be given a rank of superiority. This is how leadership is formed. Many animals decide this with simple primal factors like strength, speed, size and cunning. Once, humans were this way as well, but now that humans are on-top, the hierarchy of our species is decided by wisdom, charisma, birthright, or complex things like politics.

But I digress. I think after a hierachy of power is decided, it is up to the fittest to ensure survival, both in and out of a species. Those who are strong should protect the weak, the parent their child, the adult their elders, so on and so forth. I think, because humans are the most powerful animal overall, it is not our duty to continue to prove our strength over other animals, but use our power... our fitness, to help them survive. It is our duty as the most powerful species to give back to a planet who has not once asked for anything in return. Literally, with great power should come great responsibility. If you can take from the Great Mother, who are you to give nothing back in return? Why do people think of faster and more efficient ways to **** Mother Nature, but only a mere fraction of attention is now given to restoring her?

How I feel, anyway.
uuuuuugh

Had to remind me of shark fin soup... That's the one that gets me the most for some reason.
Maybe it's 'cause when some people hear about it they're all like "oh, poaching sharks? Well, I don't like sharks, so I don't care."
'Cause everyone just thinks of sharks as viscous killers and a danger to humans.
obv humans should be allowed to go anywhere and do whatever they want

**** those sharks for not respecting human laws and killing us when we enter their domain

nope they should poke their head out of the water and say hello and swimmingly swim away

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Why would you cut a sharks fin for something lame like a soup when you could be high fiving them anyway?

As technology advances and more options to be eco-friendly start appearing, those who can afford it really should attempt to opt for what allows us to coexist with what keeps us alive.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Oh man that got my blood boiling, i suppose it is hard to face reality every once in a while, specially when it is filled with such bull****.
But despite that i don't think humanity is at point of no return or any of that, we just really need to be more caring, for everything really. I know it might not sound like much, but even letting that spider on the dark corner of your house or not shooing that homeless cat away could make a diference, eventually at least. I'm not saying we should all go veggie but really, lack of care is the bane of humanity, not just for animals but for everything we do. Rant over.

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
obv humans should be allowed to go anywhere and do whatever they want

**** those sharks for not respecting human laws and killing us when we enter their domain

nope they should poke their head out of the water and say hello and swimmingly swim away
:4luigi::4luigi::4luigi:

Sharks are just bros in disguise.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
This thread always has some interesting topics going on.
As long as support aren't done like they were in RD, I'm fine with it.

This is no support conversation for me.
Also, in this one in particular at least the answer matches what Boyd says.
There were a lot of moment in which they didn't even make sense, what with almost all the dialogues being reusable.
Ugh.... I usually skip these entirely now.
Let's be honest here: Ike and the Greil Mercenaries just outright outshined the Dawn Brigade.
There was a point in which I just couldn't bear having to leave Ike and switch back to them.
It was a bad idea putting the two in the same game, moreover when you get so little characterisation from the new characters.
Oh totally. This became so painfully obvious in the later chapters. Doesn't help the Greil Mercenaries can recruit 2 units from the Dawn Brigade if you wanted. (which I did)
Can't say I didn't enjoy playing as the Dawn Brigade despite this, however.

Any suggestions on Part 4 splitting up into 3 groups?
I know Micaiah's group gonna need the most help.

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
On Support conversations and marriage in FE: If:
I'd actually like if support chains took longer to reach S Rank with more support levels just so we would get more character interaction in. I'd also like if S-Ranks wheren't gender locked and don't always lead to a romantic relationship.
When two characters get along really well the players will make their own assumption regardless, so it's better to keep that ambigous.
Of course, there's nothing wrong with displaying romantic affections either, as long as it's not the entire cast that does it. I'd even say if it fits the pair, I wouldn't mind having a marriage or two in there. Just nothing that goes overboard. I wouldn't be too surprised if new entries in the series jokingly make reference to the fact that pretty much ALL the elite soldiers in the Ylissean army got hitched during the war.

While I liked some aspects of it, I won't mind the child characters being gone completely. The whole time travel aspect of Awakening made the plot quite ridiculous. In a goofy, over the top comic book way, but still ridiculous.

I'm curious and i would like to ask you guys something.
I would like to know, what games have you guys played recently that you liked or simply stood out to you and would like to talk about? (That you haven't played before).
I myself finally was able to find this little sucker for the PS2 a decent price
View attachment 45987
And i must say i've been enjoying it quite a lot, it has way less commodities than SMT IV, but man is it more satyisfying because of that. I think any RPG fan should try this one out, even if it means emulating, i do think is great. Oh and the music is (unsurprisingly) really good as well.
If you like (western) RPGs, play Pillars of Eternity.

It's like Baldur's Gate 2 did some workout, read up on what's cool nowadays, got itself a nice new set of clothes while keeping most of it's old style and out came a game that at it's core is still the same, but that is very much of this time.

On a completely different note: My Ike Amiibo just got a most beautiful triple kill on my other amiibos with Grand Aether. :4myfriends:

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
Oh wow I missed a ton of good discussions. I can't stand people like poachers. People all over just think about the short term gain without caring about consequences. Sharks are one of my favourite animals, they're so misunderstood. I honestly think that there isn't too much hope for humans in the future. I give it a 50/50 chance that in the next 20-120 years we screw things up so badly it's literally impossible to fix things. There are a lot of good people in this world but most of the greedy people happen to have more power and the others are not caught by the laws.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
I wouldn't mind if S-supports leading to marriage was taken out. My younger sister jokingly critiqued me for being a dictator when I told her of my forced marriage plans for my soldiers in Awakening and honestly, I felt like one. What I would actually like to see is more supports between characters already in relationships. For example, I thought the support between Marth and Caeda in FE 12 was sweet. A bit bland and predictable but sweet nevertheless. It was also an ironic reminder that, despite all of the jokes, fanfics, and fanart about our dear "Martha," he's one of the few characters in Smash to be technically confirmed heterosexual. Caeda alt for Lucina pls so Marth can be with his waifu.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Congratulations to @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A for your 10th place! Not bad for your first time!

I'd also like to wish everyone here a Happy Easter. Enjoy yourselves today.

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
I wouldn't mind if S-supports leading to marriage was taken out. My younger sister jokingly critiqued me for being a dictator when I told her of my forced marriage plans for my soldiers in Awakening and honestly, I felt like one. What I would actually like to see is more supports between characters already in relationships. For example, I thought the support between Marth and Caeda in FE 12 was sweet. A bit bland and predictable but sweet nevertheless. It was also an ironic reminder that, despite all of the jokes, fanfics, and fanart about our dear "Martha," he's one of the few characters in Smash to be technically confirmed heterosexual. Caeda alt for Lucina pls so Marth can be with his waifu.
Well technically you aren't forcing them to marry. You are forcing them to fight together which forms bonds which eventually turns into marriage.

ViralN9

Smash Cadet
I've recently been investing countless hours into MH4U. At first, it was difficult to get into, but once I hit my stride, I've been addicted to the "kill a monster, get new gear/weapons" type of formula. For the most part, I've had little trouble with the monsters I've encountered with a few exceptions here and there. However, ever since I got to the Heaven's Mount which is the 6th location in the game, this is how I feel most the time whenever I encounter a monster now.....

Oh if you think those low rank mosters are bad, wait for when you get into high rank. And after that? G-Rank.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Any suggestions on Part 4 splitting up into 3 groups?
I know Micaiah's group gonna need the most help.
Send your flying and magic units with Micky, that should make 4-3 more bearable. Don't really know about the other 2 groups, I think as long as you distribute the rest of your good units evenly you shouldn't do too bad with Ike's and Tibarn's group (and Tibarn can pretty much solo chapters as long as he has healing items and remains careful against bow/crossbow users, on normal and easy anyways).

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Tibarn's group needs guys with Beast Killers, all anima magic, and Beastfoe Skills so you can reap the maximum reward for killing all the crazed Laguz in the 25 turns they spawn in.

Ike's group needs either a Staff user with an Unlock Staff, or Heather. Their second chapter has them raiding Duke Tanas's mansion and there are doors and chests to lockpick.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Why would you cut a sharks fin for something lame like a soup when you could be high fiving them anyway?

As technology advances and more options to be eco-friendly start appearing, those who can afford it really should attempt to opt for what allows us to coexist with what keeps us alive.
This is so important to me. Sharks are such awesome animals, yet they get such a bad rep because of movies like Jaws. Every asshole poacher out there deserves to be devoured alive by a pack of great whites!

On a much happier note, Happy Easter everyone!

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Sharks are such awesome animals, yet they get such a bad rep because of movies like Jaws. Every ******* poacher out there deserves to be devoured alive by a pack of great whites!
How about when they actually attack people? That gives them a pretty bad rep too.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I like the Dawn Brigade chapters in RD, from a gameplay perspective.

Then again, Radiant Dawn is one of my faves FE games in terms of gameplay and map design (at least until Endgame, where map design becomes more bland) so I'm probably more then a little bias.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Hello everyone, I have returned and I'm too lazy right now to go through what is now 8 pages of content.

So how are all of you doing today?

tumblr_mshucovFj11sg3yago7_250.jpg

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
How about when they actually attack people? That gives them a pretty bad rep too.
True, but shark attacks aren't nearly as common as some might like to believe. They're just like any other predatory species, it just seems like they get demonized a lot more than most.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Also the general rule of thumb when you get to part 4 where they split up is;

Units that aren't hampered by desert at all or too much to go with Micaiah
Send a thief with Ike
And send Laguz killers with Tibarn
And make sure to keep around 3000G no matter what, though that should't be a problem at that point in the game but still. I had it happen to me on my first play through some how....

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Lady Elezir Elezir , prepare yourself for some steamy cuddling. ;)

bfd.gif

I ship it.

(I don't care if this post is almost 2 days old when I'm replying)

(Inb4 Shipping video gets posted)

Can't say I would happy to see Roy again, not really a fan of him tbh. When it comes to some of the FE characters, my choices would be Hector, Ephraim, and Micaiah. Tiki would be cool, but I don't see a feasible move set working for her.

When it comes to general gaming, my one and only wish is Neku from TWEWY.
I feel that Hector or Ephraim would be an interesting take since neither of them use swords and are pretty badass.

Though I am so down for Neku joining. He's has such amazing moveset potential not to mention I'm extremely biased towards him.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
You might be the first person to not freak out over the lack of Robin in my avatar. :p
Well, no matter how much we want to believe it, you're not Robin. :p

Kinda like how I'm not actually a living Mask made of Gears.

The lines on the leg/foot make it really obvious. Also wouldn't your feet hurt a lot if you always walked around barefoot? Especially if you're marching around a lot.
Ah... er...

Dragon Skin?

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Beware NonSpecificGuy and ender_idk , there's a new boy in town and his name is Célja Célja
btw, I'm kinda missing @NonSpecificGuy flooding my alert box. He hasn't liked anything here for some pages by now.
@ender_idk likes stuff sporadically, so eh.

Actually a fan fixed them.
Actually, that was a good work. I thought it might've been an official fix, because, you know, it's official art of the protagonist.
You'd think they would fix something as (semi)obvious as that:roll:

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
They were made shoeless probably to hammer the point that characters actually do have feet this time. :p

It's an interesting design choice, in any case. Perhaps they are nature lovers, or they have some REALLY ancient blood.

:231:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
They were made shoeless probably to hammer the point that characters actually do have feet this time. :p

It's an interesting design choice, in any case. Perhaps they are nature lovers, or they have some REALLY ancient blood.

:231:
They were made shoeless because the avatar is a shape shifter this time around.

Top Bottom