• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Hong

The Strongest
I could buy them being barefooted if they did not have such delicate-looking feet.

People like myself who walk in snow and over rough terrain barefooted do so because we, on a hereditary and conditional level, have very rough feet. They are not the kind of feet people would like to look at if that's their purview, but they are effective. Kamui, on the other hand, has tiny, soft-looking feet... befitting of a nobility.

On a thematic level, it's probably because they wanted Kamui to look acrobatic, which would reflect their battle animations. If I could justify it with some lame excuse, it's because their dragon blood makes them tougher.
And wow, you were talking about poaching? That's not something which is talked about everyday.

:231:
Here, anything goes. Since the people here are generally more mature, we can discuss more mature subject matter. We can transist into such discussions, and out of such discussions, in a way that's not much different from talking about crops and then the weather.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
That's funny, because all the manaketes I've seen in the series so far use some kind of footwear when in human form.
Same goes for all Laguz from the Tellius saga.
I guess Kamui is just too awesome for shoes. Kind of like Toph. Although Toph does have a legit reason.

Last edited:

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
I guess Kamui is just too awesome for shoes. Kind of like Toph.
Toph has reasons to be barefooted, though.
Since she's blind, she uses earthbending to "feel" everything around via her feet. If she uses footwear, it becomes difficulter for her to "see"

For now, it seems to be only for aesthetic reasons. Or for trolling purposes: give us the feet we wanted so much in FE
Particulary weird, because Kamui is raised with Nohr's royal family.
It could be a plot device or something, though.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Although impractical, I kinda like the bare feet design. Inb4 feet fetish

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Isn't Kamui shoeless because he/she is that dragon-reindeer thing shown in the trailers? There's even a picture where Kamui has a beast/dragon stone in the inventory.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I haven't stalked these boards in a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time, but I think I'll start again.

For those of you that don't know me; hi, I'm Pacack. I've been around since SSB4 was first announced at E3 and have been around ever since. During speculation, I was a huge early supporter of Robin, and many people that frequent this thread are users that I consider my friends from the old speculation days (@False Sense, @ Pazzo. Pazzo. ,@ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A , @Drakonis, and @ shrooby shrooby are a few that I saw last page).

I'm a huge Pac-Man fan and main (Marth's a secondary main who I bring out a lot too, but my real main is Pac), and my thing on the boards is basically being "that Pac-Man guy".

I'm also a big fan of most Nintendo games, and I really enjoy speculation and friendly debate on the upcoming titles. Expect me to chime in on a lot of Fire Emblem If discussion. (I'm really excited that the main character is a Manakete, but hope they don't shaft character development of Kamui just because he/she is an avatar character. I'm not sure what to think of the choices, but hope all characters are available regardless of what path is taken save maybe one or two.)

Also, don't be alarmed by how much I like stuff. It's one of my things. (At the same time, don't be worried if I don't like something. My reasons can be that I didn't see it, actively did not like it/disagreed with it, felt it was too aggressive, felt you devalued yourself in the post, or attacked another person. If your post isn't any of the negative things, then I probably just missed it.)

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I haven't stalked these boards in a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time, but I think I'll start again.

For those of you that don't know me; hi, I'm Pacack. I've been around since SSB4 was first announced at E3 and have been around ever since. During speculation, I was a huge early supporter of Robin, and many people that frequent this thread are users that I consider my friends from the old speculation days (@False Sense, @ Pazzo. Pazzo. ,@ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A , @Drakonis, and @ shrooby shrooby are a few that I saw last page).

I'm a huge Pac-Man fan and main (Marth's a secondary main who I bring out a lot too, but my real main is Pac), and my thing on the boards is basically being "that Pac-Man guy".

I'm also a big fan of most Nintendo games, and I really enjoy speculation and friendly debate on the upcoming titles. Expect me to chime in on a lot of Fire Emblem If discussion. (I'm really excited that the main character is a Manakete, but hope they don't shaft character development of Kamui just because he/she is an avatar character. I'm not sure what to think of the choices, but hope all characters are available regardless of what path is taken save maybe one or two.)

Also, don't be alarmed by how much I like stuff. It's one of my things. (At the same time, don't be worried if I don't like something. My reasons can be that I didn't see it, actively did not like it/disagreed with it, felt it was too aggressive, felt you devalued yourself in the post, or attacked another person. If your post isn't any of the negative things, then I probably just missed it.)
Oh hi Pacack, i thought you were dead :4pacman:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Oh, hi Weeman!! I've not seen you in like half a year. How are you?
Very well, though i also dissapear from these boards from time to time, real life and stuff :4duckhunt:
You caught us right in the middle of a Fire Embelm If speculation discussion or whatever it is :shades:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Oh hi Pacack, i thought you were dead :4pacman:
A few pages ago he thought I was dead too. :4pacman:
Then there were mountain cuddles. We've built up a rich internal mythology here methinks.

Regardless, greets @ Pacack Pacack .

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
@ Pacack Pacack it took maybe three times looking at the same alert to realize that you had tagged me and not just liked something.
In my head I just saw "Pacack liked your post in the blahblahblah" even though it wasn't that. :4dedede:

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v

Nice to meet chu, dear :4pacman: :happysheep:
I'm still kinda new in smashboards, but welcome back to this awesome thread.

I don't think they will shaft character development, mostly because we see Kamui talking in some scenes. It is difficult to cut character development in characters that at least talk (Even Robin, whom I think they wanted to make as bland as possible, had some development and personality if you look for it). I do hope they don't try to make him as bland as possible, though.

Isn't Kamui shoeless because he/she is that dragon-reindeer thing shown in the trailers? There's even a picture where Kamui has a beast/dragon stone in the inventory.
Yeah, the fact that he is some kind of shifter/manakete/laguz is obvious, but all characters like that (barring Panne and Yarne, I think) in FE used some kind of Footwear, as I already said, so it's weird that they are making this rule now.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Sliding Scale of SmashBoards Alert Meaningfulness

More than 1 conversation alert>Profile Post>Tag>Follow>Typical conversation alert>Quote>Like>Reply

At least, that's how my hierarchy works when navigating.

Hong

The Strongest
Although impractical, I kinda like the bare feet design. Inb4 feet fetish
I like it as well.
Don't think clothing has mattered for previous shapeshifters in the series, is all. Everyone from the first shapeshifters like Tiki or Xane, to more modern examples like Dheginsea or Nah, have footwear. Those that don't are a minority.

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory

I'm pretty sure I've seen you in a few boards before, but I'm not sure if I ever posted in them myself as the Robin social is where most of my activity goes here.
sooo, hey I suggest you read pages 426 through 428

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Very well, though i also dissapear from these boards from time to time, real life and stuff :4duckhunt:
You caught us right in the middle of a Fire Embelm If speculation discussion or whatever it is :shades:
Of course. I tend to check up on the boards even if I'm busy, but I'm normally just going to like posts if that's the case.

The lack of footwear is an odd and impractical choice, but it's nothing new for Fire Emblem. (See: 90% of female characters' armor, Vaike's exposed chest, everything about Nowi's outfit, etc.) If I had to guess, I'd say that we're in a seperate timeline from other games (I say that because of the lack of an obvious connection and because we've seen monsters that blatantly don't seem to fit the style of other games, such as Cyclopes) and that Manaketes in this universe just tend not to wear anything on their feet.

A few pages ago he thought I was dead too. :4pacman:
Then there were mountain cuddles. We've built up a rich internal mythology here methinks.

Regardless, greets @ Pacack Pacack .
I feel like I'm missing an inside joke, but thanks!

Also, I love your avatar.

@ Pacack Pacack it took maybe three times looking at the same alert to realize that you had tagged me and not just liked something.
In my head I just saw "Pacack liked your post in the blahblahblah" even though it wasn't that. :4dedede:
<3333

Nice to meet chu, dear :4pacman: :happysheep:
I'm still kinda new in smashboards, but welcome back to this awesome thread.

I don't think they will shaft character development, mostly because we see Kamui talking in some scenes. It is difficult to cut character development in characters that at least talk (Even Robin, whom I think they wanted to make as bland as possible, had some development and personality if you look for it). I do hope they don't try to make him as bland as possible, though.

Yeah, the fact that he is some kind of shifter/manakete/laguz is obvious, but all characters like that (barring Panne and Yarne, I think) in FE used some kind of Footwear, as I already said, so it's weird that they are making this rule now.
I'm leaning towards us having a Robin-esque character this time as well (predetermined personality, customizable appearance), but I'm still a little worried that s/he will be bland intentionally.

We did see Kamui transform into the dragon from the first trailer in this second one, correct? I believe I heard that the equips are actually confirmed to be dragonstones and swords too, but I'm not entirely sure on that. If that's the case, I'd argue a seperate race of manakete like we saw in Sacred Stones with Myrrh. Kamui just doesn't look humanoid enough in dragon form to be a dragon laguz, imo.

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328

Hi, I'm relatively new to the boards. Out of curiosity what is your favourite fire emblem game?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Hi, I'm relatively new to the boards. Out of curiosity what is your favourite fire emblem game?
Sacred Stones because first game bias. Outside of that, I really love the support system of Awakening and how much it improved character development, which is a big thing for me. I still need to play FE7 and the Tellius games, though. I like the maps in Mystery of the Emblem from what I've played of it, but I honestly didn't make it far since I lacked a proper translation (the fan one isn't great.)

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

Welcome back to the non-exclusive Robin club, Pac-Pal. :)

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I like the maps in Mystery of the Emblem from what I've played of it, but I honestly didn't make it far since I lacked a proper translation (the fan one isn't great.)
If you can, you should try FE12 (the DS remake). The fan translation for that one is pretty good, and it has support conversations so you actually get some character development.

Also obligatory welcome back

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Also I won't honour @ Pacack Pacack with a hello because it's like you were never gone. Nice to see you again, friend.

I already liked you, but I like you even more for selecting Sacred Stones as your favourite game. It's a fine work of art, aye.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
If you can, you should try FE12 (the DS remake). The fan translation for that one is pretty good, and it has support conversations so you actually get some character development.

Also obligatory welcome back
I've heard conflicting things about FE12. Mainly the appearance of the game, though. Would you say the strategy and overall build of the game is good?

And thanks! I'm happy to be back!

Also I won't honour @ Pacack Pacack with a hello because it's like you were never gone. Nice to see you again, friend.

I already liked you, but I like you even more for selecting Sacred Stones as your favourite game. It's a fine work of art, aye.
It's been far too long, Hong. <3

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I'm pretty sure I've seen you in a few boards before, but I'm not sure if I ever posted in them myself as the Robin social is where most of my activity goes here.
sooo, hey I suggest you read pages 426 through 428
So THAT's how it started!
HOOONG!

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
It's been far too long, Hong. <3
Cut the slack, Pacack, post here and ransack those like sacks with likes without turning back without worrying about the flak.

Make it clear that back from the dead in the knack of time, out to Pac-Attack, is Pacack. :4pacman:

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I've heard conflicting things about FE12. Mainly the appearance of the game, though. Would you say the strategy and overall build of the game is good?
Yeah, my main complaint about it is that its graphics retained the art style of FE11 (mostly from just reusing them). Other than that, I thought it was excellent; it's my second favourite FE after Awakening.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Beware NonSpecificGuy and ender_idk , there's a new boy in town and his name is Célja Célja

Jk, I'm just liking a lot of stuff because you all are very entertaining and wonderful people, plus I'm often too lazy to reply to whatever topic might be at hand so I just give it a like :estatic:

Hong

The Strongest
RE: Sonic OC
I've done crueller things to the Robin community before.

RE: Fire Emblem 12
@ Pacack Pacack
It's a quality game. The additions made with the remake help to add some modern sensibilities without distorting the classic formula. Of worthy of note, is that the harder difficulties of this game are among if not the hardest difficulties the series has offered. Thankfully, My Unit, particularly male, is ridiculously powerful.

@ Moydow Moydow covered the comments on the visuals of this game, but I feel there is more that can be said. Indeed, the animations are as lame as they were in FE11, but the character art and music are both vastly superior.

Comparison...

Hideous Shadow Dragon Marth:

Handsome Shin Moshou no Nazo Marth:

Comparing these side by side:
http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_characters_in_Fire_Emblem:_Shadow_Dragon
http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Li..._Shin_Monshō_no_Nazo_~Hikari_to_Kage_no_Eiyū~

If you look at a character like Marth who existed in FE11 and received new art in FE12, there is an improvement in quality. Meanwhile, characters like Draug who received no new art still look uggos. :( Still... even though the character art is superior, it does not show as well in-game (besides CG scenes), so I suppose it's somewhat of a moot point.

A few nice songs:
Not amazing in the audio compartment, but better than FE11.
. . . . .

Hmph!
I knew you couldn't hold a grudge against me. <3

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I feel like I'm missing an inside joke, but thanks!

Also, I love your avatar.
Couple days ago thing. No biggie.

And thank you, just wait until you see me dress it up. Yours is quite nice as well.

Happy Easter tacticians, proper replies later tonight.

Hong

The Strongest
The legacy of Kermit belongs to @Reginleif.

Reginleif... Hero of the Fire Emblem/Smash 4 speculation era, one of my greatest minionsenstrused vassals, and father of Sothe's children.

Now he's MIA... :104: Only you, @ Weeman Weeman , Falcon Master of the Shadow Realm, and @ ThunderSageNun ThunderSageNun , Ilyana of a Thousand Twitch Faces, exist as my vassals. Which is nothing to scoff at, I suppose. With minibosses like you, I'm feelling pretty chill.

Top Bottom