• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Matsushi

True Blood
I've been stalking this thread for quite a while, but like in most cases, nerves hit me like a ton of bricks. BUT, I've decided to say something. Anything. I just wanna say something... as well as show off my avatar

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Indeed, the animations are as lame as they were in FE11, but the character art and music are both vastly superior.
Yeah, the official artwork for FE12 is gorgeous. This one is in my current wallpaper rotation:

Music too is much improved over FE11. Not sure if I'd say it improves on the FE3 originals, since I really like the SNES FE soundtracks, but it definitely beats out FE11.

Is that only available on the New 3ds? I want that theme so much. lol
Either that, or it's only out in Europe yet.
*googles*
Yeah, it says here it's due out on the 9th of April in NA.

I've been stalking this thread for quite a while, but like in most cases, nerves hit me like a ton of bricks. BUT, I've decided to say something. Anything. I just wanna say something... as well as show off my avatar
Welcome! Nice avatar :D Just avoid any mention of Sonic OCs and you'll be fine :p

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
So are FE11 nad FE12 considered to be like the "dark age" of Fire Emblem? Or were the games just dissapointing?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Only FE11 should be considered a dark age. FE12 was a good game, if only its artstyle was more lively.

:231:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Only FE11 should be considered a dark age. FE12 was a good game, if only its artstyle was more lively.

To be fair though, FE11 is a direct remake of FE1, which was naturally the most limited in the series, so even then you can't fault it too much. :p

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Your Robin looks like he just snuffed a bunch of speed lol.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
So are FE11 nad FE12 considered to be like the "dark age" of Fire Emblem? Or were the games just dissapointing?
FE11 was..um...not terrible, but not all that good either. Haven't played it in awhile, but I remember it not having supports and not all that exciting. FE12 was a lot better, but the avatar system in it was implemented into the story line all too well, imo. The MU was only really significant in the prologue chapters. Otherwise, they were just kind of there. The game was pretty good otherwise though, gameplay and story.

Hong

The Strongest

H-hong, I don't know what to say :084:
Of course. While you are my dearest squire, in my mind and heart, we are equals. <3
No need to be shy! All are welcome in these barracks.

If you've been observing us, then I suppose introduction are unnecessary, more so that you and I are already acquainted. Regardless, greetings to you. Let me know if I can be of service.
In terms of quality, FE12 is actually a great product and I'd rate it at least top 5 within the series. It just didn't get an international release, and I don't blame Nintendo after Shadow Dragon (which actually sold alright in North America compared to Japan).

Aside from FE11 lacking on the production side... there are issues not visible to consumer eyes. FE9-FE11 sold relatively poorly, and FE12 was limited to one region. This is why FE13 was to be the last entry in the series if it didn't prove successful. In truth, FE9-12 on a core gameplay level were actually all great games, and I think it was just hard to get people to buy them. Permanent death, late releases on consoles that were far into their lifespan (FE9, FE10), as well as questionable art direction and lacklustre storytelling for modern standards in Shadow Dragon, all proved to be obstacles.

So commercially, FE9-12 are indeed the dark ages of the series. In terms of quality, however, I think any of those games could be tweaked, given Casual Mode, and sell well on the 3DS

Path of Radiance: Not much to change. Maybe change the audio protocol so it doesn't loop with every battle.
Radiant Dawn: Some fine tuning at the late game. Proper support conversations would be great, but take a lot of work.
Shadow Dragon: Redo all of the art. Compose new music, or give option of using Famicom originals.
Shin Moshou no Nazo: No changes necessary; already has Casual Mode.

Last edited:

Matsushi

True Blood
Your Robin looks like he just snuffed a bunch of speed lol.
ohmYGOD. Well, I'm never looking at it the same way again.

No need to be shy! All are welcome in these barracks.

If you've been observing us, then I suppose introduction are unnecessary, more so that you and I are already acquainted. Regardless, greetings to you. Let me know if I can be of service.
Thank you, Hong! I just kinda have those "Should I post now? ... Nah" moments. Though, I should probably be more outgoing and less shy. Once again, thank you very much! I appreciate the hospitality.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Also @ Matsushi Matsushi heed @ Moydow Moydow 's advice and avoid Sonic OCs. That's just a scam around here to get you to destroy your soul. If anyone tries to get you to Google your first name followed by "the hedgehog", they should be ignored.

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
ohmYGOD. Well, I'm never looking at it the same way again.

Thank you, Hong! I just kinda have those "Should I post now? ... Nah" moments. Though, I should probably be more outgoing and less shy. Once again, thank you very much! I appreciate the hospitality.
Well, I've definitely had those kinds of moments, so you're not alone there.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Also @ Matsushi Matsushi heed @ Moydow Moydow 's advice and avoid Sonic OCs. That's just a scam around here to get you to destroy your soul. If anyone tries to get you to Google your first name followed by "the hedgehog", they should be ignored.
Don't listen to Hong Matsushi Matsushi , Sonic is good for your soul :4sonic:
11110818_10152808923021864_5720833314046012559_o.jpg

Last edited:

Matsushi

True Blood
The way he looks at you, holding a book in his hands.

"HNMNNNNG I NEED MORE WHATS THE NEXT SPEEDY RECIPE FOR SPEED IN THIS BOOK *snorts*"
I lost it at "speedy recipe for speed" ohmygod. Damn, Robin. Please chill.
Oh gosh, the S̛̮̮͎̪o̱͚̗̞̫n͎̤̻͔̙͠i̘͚͉c̦̜̟̗͝ ̶̬O̷̗̥̬̥ͅC̭̠̩̰̺̹s̱͚͡. Well, I kinda just googled my name followed by "the hedgehog." I really shouldn't have done that... I have a habit where someone tells me not to do a thing, but I just go ahead and do said thing. ;^;
Well, I've definitely had those kinds of moments, so you're not alone there.
Hah, glad I'm not the only one! But it does get a lot better the more I post in the particular thread.
Don't listen to Hong Matsushi Matsushi , Sonic is good for your soul :4sonic:
WHO DO I BELIEVE?
That Little Mac expression gets me everytiEM

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
To be fair though, FE11 is a direct remake of FE1, which was naturally the most limited in the series, so even then you can't fault it too much. :p
I realize that, but the mechanics could have used an update. Honestly, it felt like a massive downgrade after Radiant Dawn, which is chock full of trinities, class types and such.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Gotta love how you can leave this thread for a few hours and come back to several pages worth of new content.

Hong

The Strongest
I realize that, but the mechanics could have used an update. Honestly, it felt like a massive downgrade after Radiant Dawn, which is chock full of trinities, class types and such.

I agree with FalKoopa.

They handled it horribly. Masamune Shirow was an awfully random choice for an artist, and everything from his interview quotes at the time to his work produced just gives the impression he doesn't care about Fire Emblem. And I don't fault him; I fault IS. They should have stuck with the Radiant Dawn artist or something.

Likewise, no excuse for the sucky battle animations or awful music. Again, weaker hardware has looked better (GBA), and likewise we had lots of remakes in that era that had great music and visuals. Even if one wanted to be more faithful to the original, they can still make better use of what they had. Final Fantasy III DS and Final Fantasy IV DS are great examples of this, taking aside the fact FFIIIDS is not as loyal to its Famicom original.

And even with all of that aside, it's not like you can jump into a river to swim across, get hypothermia and say "You swam across the river. Can't expect much more." Rather, if you didn't make the awful decision to jump in to begin with, and instead built a bridge, you'd be better off. In this metaphor, building a bridge to cross the river would be analogous to introducing some of the modern conveniences to the old product, knowing some of these features have only proved fruitful for the series and increased its sales. They did this for FE!2 and it would have sold well if the series was not already in such a bad place.

Basically, there's no excuse for it being so bad and you can fully fault them for that.:4dedede:
Gotta love how you can leave this thread for a few hours and come back to several pages worth of new content.
:4dedede:
Ain't it wonderful?
:4dedede:

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
"HNMNNNNG I NEED MORE WHATS THE NEXT SPEEDY RECIPE FOR SPEED IN THIS BOOK *snorts*"
I think we just discovered what all the Rally mechanics actually entail.
Kids, stay in school.

I have a habit where someone tells me not to do a thing, but I just go ahead and do said thing. ;^;
This quality has promise that I may later exploit.

Seriously though, greets, pleasure to make your acquaintance.

Matsushi

True Blood
This quality has promise that I may later exploit.

Seriously though, greets, pleasure to make your acquaintance.
You're on my "don't trust" list already!

Though, thank you very much for the warm welcome! Also, your signature is pure gold.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Just finished watching Treasure Planet for the first time in 13 years.

Gotta say, it still holds up today. Makes me appreciate just how far Disney has come since the old days in terms of thematic content and quality of animation. It's a bit hit 'n' miss in parts, and while the action and tension remains consistent, there are moments when it feels like it's resting on its laurels. Still a superb animation and my favourite Disney movie.

I'd argue it's on par with Atlantis: The Lost Empire (which I maintain is a flawed masterpiece and easily among Disney's best) and beats out similar flicks like Big Hero 6 (very flawed, but highly enjoyable) and Hercules (which I honestly find difficult to fault; but it doesn't have SPACE PIRATES, so I'm biased).

On another note entirely, I've finally watched all of the Saw flicks, and my god, the quality of those movies deteriorates rapidly after the third one. Tobin Bell made those movies, man.

Also Wonder Red is the best thing ever and nobody can tell me otherwise.

I am proudly Wondersexual, yo~

Matsushi

True Blood
Welcome! Nice avatar :D Just avoid any mention of Sonic OCs and you'll be fine :p
Could've sworn I quoted this, sorry! Thank you very much for the compliment! Your avatar is pretty sweet too! I've had a lot of Maya avatars myself in the past and have a few Phoenix Wright avatars saved in my documents. I just need to decide when to use them!

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Just finished watching Treasure Planet for the first time in 13 years.

Gotta say, it still holds up today. Makes me appreciate just how far Disney has come since the old days in terms of thematic content and quality of animation. It's a bit hit 'n' miss in parts, and while the action and tension remains consistent, there are moments when it feels like it's resting on its laurels. Still a superb animation and my favourite Disney movie.

I'd argue it's on par with Atlantis: The Lost Empire (which I maintain is a flawed masterpiece and easily among Disney's best) and beats out similar flicks like Big Hero 6 (very flawed, but highly enjoyable) and Hercules (which I honestly find difficult to fault; but it doesn't have SPACE PIRATES, so I'm biased).

On another note entirely, I've finally watched all of the Saw flicks, and my god, the quality of those movies deteriorates rapidly after the third one. Tobin Bell made those movies, man.

Also Wonder Red is the best thing ever and nobody can tell me otherwise.

I am proudly Wondersexual, yo~
Holy hell. Treasure Planet came out that long ago?! I haven't watched it quite some time, but...

.....I feel so old. :cry:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Could've sworn I quoted this, sorry! Thank you very much for the compliment! Your avatar is pretty sweet too! I've had a lot of Maya avatars myself in the past and have a few Phoenix Wright avatars saved in my documents. I just need to decide when to use them!
Maya is awesome :) She's my favourite character in the series. I was originally only going to use this for April Fools' (damn you Shaq) since I'm pretty much nothing like her in personality, but I might stick with it for a while now :p

I think this one would be appropriate after an encounter with the dreaded Sonic OC:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Maya is awesome :) She's my favourite character in the series. I was originally only going to use this for April Fools' (damn you Shaq) since I'm pretty much nothing like her in personality, but I might stick with it for a while now :p

I think this one would be appropriate after an encounter with the dreaded Sonic OC:
As long as it's not this one

john_wall_the_hedgehog_by_freshnfly89-d39qcpu.jpg

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I won't quote everything you said because I don't have anything specific to say about the comments. But thank you so much for the feedback on FE12! I'll consider playing it soon!

Also:

Okay, that's weird, but it's not life scarring or anythi-

I...wh...the...how...?

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I disappear for a day and I log in to see this...

Anyway, I hope everyone had a fine Easter. I know Nohr certainly had an excellent Easter because of the man himself, St Garon made sure everyone was happy.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I won't quote everything you said because I don't have anything specific to say about the comments. But thank you so much for the feedback on FE12! I'll consider playing it soon!

Also:

[spoiler="Pac" the Hedgehog]

[/spoiler]

Okay, that's weird, but it's not life scarring or anythi-

I...wh...the...how...?
YOUR PAIN GIVES ME POWER YESSSSSS!!!
MORE SONIC OC's !!!!
I NEED MORE!!!!!!!!!!

MORE
images (1).jpg

Last edited:

Matsushi

True Blood

She's definitely one of my favorite characters in the game too, along with Edgeworth! Coincidentally, people do tell me that she and I share a similar personality. We do have a liking for burgers!

Haha, that sprite is accurate! I think this would be the Edgeworth equivalent:

Hong

The Strongest
Oh gosh. Just about spat my tea everywhere. Nice findings, @ Pacack Pacack and @ Weeman Weeman . Those are top quality.

As customary of this tradition, I shall share my findings as well.

Also, now that someone else has mentioned it, I will indeed approve of @ Moydow Moydow 's choice of avatar. Then again, with Sigurd followed by Edgeworth, he's kind of set me up to a good batting average.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
She's definitely one of my favorite characters in the game too, along with Edgeworth! Coincidentally, people do tell me that she and I share a similar personality. We do have a liking for burgers!

Haha, that sprite is accurate! I think this would be the Edgeworth equivalent:

You have good taste in Ace Attorney characters. Funnily enough, I had that exact sprite as my avatar for ages a while ago. At least I didn't have to wheel it out every time a Sonic OC was posted :p (which happens a LOT here)

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Hey guys, what's u-

*sees Sonic OCs*

*walks back out*
Oh of course you dissapear when we are talking FE 14 speculation, animal cruelty awareness, and just casual video game talking, but you're suddenly here when Sonic OC's are brought up.
Something tells it isn't a coincidence :4pacman:

Last edited:

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
Oh of course you dissapear when we are talking FE 14 speculation, animal cruelty awareness, and just casual video game talking, but you're suddenly here when Sonic OC's are brought up.
Something tells it isn't a coincidence :4pacman:
I really wanted to be around for FE 14 speculation, but I don't seem to have any luck at all.:urg:

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
So... I was replaying RD just for giggles, and then I did something stupid: I let Rafiel in Oliver's range. I was prepared to use my last save state reset, when...it...happened.

(used a vid from youtube because I didn't record mine)

No, get out of my army!

Even funnier yet, is getting Ike to talk to him after he has invited himself into your army.
Not even Ike can get him out of the army:cry:

...Why I'm not surprised that the Sonic OC's are back?
Well, since it's back...

@Pikachewy99

Last edited:
Top Bottom