• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
*Looks at last page*
Yep, this is definitely the Robin Social.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Why is that chick wearing a Nazi/Third-Reich armband?
'Cause she's the Brigade Dictator Director.

I'd normally not recommend people watch animes because I myself don't watch much anime...

But Haruhi Suzumiya is an exception.
I thought it was so good that I had my mother to watch it. And she loves it. :4dedede:

Go read the Haruhi Suzumiya novels. NOW. :4dedede:

:231:
fex

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
By the amount of lovey dovey ships setting sail.
Oh yeah. Forgot about that.

I can't really follow the Robin Social Thread anymore. I try. It's just too hard... It goes off on so many different directions at any one time. I just can't follow it anymore...

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Oh yeah. Forgot about that.

I can't really follow the Robin Social Thread anymore. I try. It's just too hard... It goes off on so many different directions at any one time. I just can't follow it anymore...
Never try to follow a Social thread if you care for your sanity.

Just go to the latest page and talk about the latest topic. :4pacman:

:231:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I think you mean 'Religiously check watched threads several times daily'!

Holy moly Costco has been crazy busy today.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
You're stranded high in a snowy mountain. You have contacted rescuers, but it will take them at least a few days to find you. With little for warmth, you have only a fellow Tactician from the Robin social thread to cuddle with to keep you warm.

Who will it be?
Whoever I pick I will kill them, cut them open, and use their body for warmth.

I mean, what did you expect from a pink haired psychopath with an axe?

A lot of people are seeing that 'male' pegasus as female, though. Just like an inverse-Lucius.
Mostly because her/his VA sounds feminine.
I wouldn't be surprised if it was the case.
Sounded male to me...

Have we seem a Axe wielding female? I only saw a mace wielding female, and that could be a new class.

Look at the sprite at the far bottom left. That just screams female to me.

Actually, the fact that they have added new weapons/magic types in the series could explain the change in the way the advantages and disvantages work, explaining the colored backgrounds.
That is a very really plausibility.

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Why must you insist Clover is a murderer? That end is a bad end and is non-canon!

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
@ Hokori Hokori
Surely we're not the only bonbon-obsessed Tacticians. Looks like it will be just you and me.

Burigu

Smash Ace
So who here wants Roy to come back via the Smash Ballot?
Wolf seems like a big shot in returning even without the votes, despite what some people say his normal moves are actually different from Fox.

Maybe even Ice Climbers as a NEW 3DS exclusive but I doubt this. Unfortunately we have Lucina taking Roy's place to an extend and the same with Toon Link for Young Link, so I think they are really unlikely unless Sakurai just want to appeal to those fandoms, or try to revamp movesets but I also doubt this will be the case.

If I were to nomite a FE character I would go with Tiki. In other words despite my liking for Roy I can live without him since I like Lucina as a character more.

Also there is always this joke around that we already have a Roy in the game... :4roy:

If I had to choice for a Melee clone returning I would vote :pichumelee: just because Pikachu doesn't have a clone right now

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
My Nintendo Smash Ballot pick: Paper Mario

My video game Smash Ballot pick:

The prodigal son must return.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I wouldn't mind Roy as a Marth or Lucina alt, but since Dr. Mario came back as his own character, I don't see it happening.

I really do want to see more "character" alts for unlikely characters, however. The Pikaclones for Pikachu, Paula and Poo for Ness, maybe some other Star Fox characters for Fox...

Hong

The Strongest
I wouldn't mind Roy as a Marth or Lucina alt, but since Dr. Mario came back as his own character, I don't see it happening.

I really do want to see more "character" alts for unlikely characters, however. The Pikaclones for Pikachu, Paula and Poo for Ness, maybe some other Star Fox characters for Fox...
Please, whisper more sweet music into my ears.

Would love to have Paula as a swap for Ness. Maybe Ninten as well.

Smash Bros is ripe with opportunity for alternate characters. A Mach Rider swap for Captain Falcon would be awesome.

Shaymikyu

Please, whisper more sweet music into my ears.

Would love to have Paula as a swap for Ness. Maybe Ninten as well.

Smash Bros is ripe with opportunity for alternate characters. A Mach Rider swap for Captain Falcon would be awesome.
I would main the heck out of a Paula alt to the point of rivaling Lucas. She's hands down my favorite Mother 2 character, and among my favorites in the franchise.
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/04/0...5th-and-there-will-be-two-different-versions/

This says that the international release will only be getting one version path of IF released while the other path will be DLC.

I'm not ok with this.

DLC on the 3DS is hard for me to get...
ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME.:mad: The entire Direct lied to us about choices then if we're technically forced to start with one.

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
To be honest I didn't expect Robin thread regulars NOT to be supportive of Roy, I thought maybe you guys would be blinded by nostalgia and fanatism, glad to see there is common sense around.

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/04/0...5th-and-there-will-be-two-different-versions/

This says that the international release will only be getting one version path of IF released while the other path will be DLC.

I'm not ok with this.

Well I am not enterely sure the article says that "Those of you in the US and Europe will get one copy and the other will be available as downloadable content". so which one?? I am pretty sure this is refering to that you can choose which one you want and buy the other one as DLC and nothing more, even then Nintendo hasn't told anything about this so I am unsure is this site really has a thing there

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

To be honest I didn't expect Robin thread regulars NOT to be supportive of Roy, I thought maybe you guys would be blinded by nostalgia and fanatism, glad to see there is common sense around.

Well I am not enterely sure the article says that "you get one and the other as DLC" so which one?? I am pretty sure this is refering to that you can choose which one you want and buy the other one as DLC and nothing more, even then Nintendo hasn't told anything about this so I am unsure is this site really has a thing there
What do you mean? Everyone loves Roy.:4roy: Though I'm more of an Iggy person, myself.

And if that's the case, then I can live with that.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Yea, I'm hesitant to trust what that article is saying as well since I have no idea where they got their info.

Would still suck for me anyway if that ends up being the case because getting DLC is more difficult then it should be for me.

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
What do you mean? Everyone loves Roy.:4roy: Though I'm more of an Iggy person, myself.

And if that's the case, then I can live with that.
Don't get me wrong of course I like :4roy: but I can live without him I can't say the same for :4larry:

Yea, I'm hesitant to trust what that article is saying as well since I have no idea where they got their info.

Would still suck for me anyway if that ends up being the case because getting DLC is more difficult then it should be for me.
I would recommend you to NOT pay to much attention to these kind of sites, never believe anything unless this comes form a trusty source this site is kind on the :201a: site

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
:4roy:'s my boy, though I prefer :4ludwig:. I play as him a lot on Mario Kart 8, so in a way, :4ludwig: would be considered my main.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory

I'm not ok with this.

If true, this sucks for me, partly due to my own fault of making my eshop account canadian instead of northamerican (therefore making digital eshop cards and the ones sold here useless), but also because getting digital content from Nintendo in South America is a pain, bleh.
You should see the Fire Emblem social group, I think Roy was lambasted as the worst lord in the series when asked. But yeah, I'm not supportive of him for a few reasons, like being a clone of Marth that's pretty much worse at almost everything than his original counterpart in Melee, Lucina being in Smash 4 and not really liking his actual character or game all that much. He was pretty much added to make the roster in Melee look bigger and to advertise Binding Blade before being released anyways, not great reasons.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So, the dancer in the new Fire Emblem has a dark palette and a light one...
Does she use different palettes depending on which side you choose (since she seems to be an overarching character who is in your team regardless of who you choose)?

I'm assuming someone else noticed this...

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
The general opinion of Roy within the FE fandom is heavily negative (he's usually considered the worst lord in the series, and FE6 one of the weakest entries in the series), so if you were assuming "Robin thread regulars" = "FE fans", then it's more likely people here would actually be negative about Roy. The only place where Roy really has many, if any fans, is within the Smash community. I myself don't see the value in him returning, since we already have a Marth clone in Lucina (and we already have Roy anyway :4roy:).

In the end, I went for Isaac in the poll. Next time I'm on a public computer, I might throw in a vote for Phoenix Wright as well, and that way I can cover my two main choices.

Last edited:

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Can't say I would happy to see Roy again, not really a fan of him tbh. When it comes to some of the FE characters, my choices would be Hector, Ephraim, and Micaiah. Tiki would be cool, but I don't see a feasible move set working for her.

Of the veterans, I really only want Snake and Wolf back, with the latter having a decent chance. Should the famous leader of Star Wolf return, I just hope they don't botch his voice like they did with the other Star Fox members. Gross.

When it comes to general gaming, my one and only wish is Neku from TWEWY.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I voted for Isaac. There's a lot they can do with him I think and he'd be far more interesting than another FE Swordsman. Especially considering FE Swordsmen aren't that good this game. Marth got nerfed into the dust and he took Lucina along with him. I think Ike's a bit better but he wasn't fantastic to begin with.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I really don't care for Roy. I'm not familiar with him or his game, and I simply am not interested in him as a Smash character. We already have a clone of Marth; I don't think we need another.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
So, the dancer in the new Fire Emblem has a dark palette and a light one...
Does she use different palettes depending on which side you choose (since she seems to be an overarching character who is in your team regardless of who you choose)?

I'm assuming someone else noticed this...
I noticed. But I don't care much about it at this point as it is story stuff and I kinda just wanna let the game handle that in it's own time rather then worry about it or speculate about it. I just want my gameplay info. :p

But yes, I would presume that the 2 different outfits are meant to be a representation of each side. It's also interesting in how, who I can only suppose to be, Kumai was drowning and choking her in the first trailer in January. But that's getting into too much story speculation for my liking.

It does, however, seem to be implying that the Dancer class can now use Lance, or maybe it is a Stave, based on the promotional art showed which will be nifty since, as far as I know, Dancer are usually weaponless or wield a Sword (in Awakening, I'm not sure about them in games earlier then the GBA era).

When it comes to general gaming, my one and only wish is Neku from TWEWY.
Joshua or bust.

Last edited:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Top Bottom