• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Burigu

Smash Ace
If true, this sucks for me, partly due to my own fault of making my eshop account canadian instead of northamerican (therefore making digital eshop cards and the ones sold here useless), but also because getting digital content from Nintendo in South America is a pain, bleh.

You should see the Fire Emblem social group, I think Roy was lambasted as the worst lord in the series when asked. But yeah, I'm not supportive of him for a few reasons, like being a clone of Marth that's pretty much worse at almost everything than his original counterpart in Melee, Lucina being in Smash 4 and not really liking his actual character or game all that much. He was pretty much added to make the roster in Melee look bigger and to advertise Binding Blade before being released anyways, not great reasons.
The general opinion of Roy within the FE fandom is heavily negative (he's usually considered the worst lord in the series, and FE6 one of the weakest entries in the series), so if you were assuming "Robin thread regulars" = "FE fans", then it's more likely people here would actually be negative about Roy. The only place where Roy really has many, if any fans, is within the Smash community. I myself don't see the value in him returning, since we already have a Marth clone in Lucina (and we already have Roy anyway :4roy:).

In the end, I went for Isaac in the poll. Next time I'm on a public computer, I might throw in a vote for Phoenix Wright as well, and that way I can cover my two main choices.
Well then I think I was under a different impresion partially thanks to being reading the Roy thread a while back and people there obviously were pretty supportive, so I thought this was a general among FE fans.

I have played Binding Blade and I have to agree that is one of the worst in the series but was OK for a 1st in the GBA series, but I really like final boss music "Shaman in the Dark".

Otherwise :4roy: >>>>>:roymelee:

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
If you wanna play Roy in Smash play Project M where he is at least much more unique (and done right) then he would ever be in any of the official Smash games.

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink
I like Roy, but don't have much interest in him returning. If there's one FE character who has my vote, it's Lyn. I always thought her fighting style would stick out in Smash.

Hong

The Strongest
I actually like Roy, at a competitive level, in Melee. He's a cool character and probably has my favourite voice in Melee. In addition, I like Binding Blade and his character isn't bad, outside of being level-capped for like half of the game. He's alright.

And I can't think of a FIre Emblem lead I want to see less than Roy. I'll take Eliwood. I'll take another Marth. I'll take Micaiah.

Anything but Roy.:090:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I am not a fan of Roy.
He never really stood out to me other than having a fire sword and that's it.
For Brawl, I kinda missed him, but I preferred Ike over him because he is more fun to play as (and his lines are awesome).
Now, I think having Roy is very redundant. We already have a Marth clone, I don't see value in putting in another. If we put him in for Melee nostalgia, I still think it's pointless since we have Dr. Mario and Mewtwo soon. If we put him in to represent the GBA FE games, then I rather put in one of the FE7 or FE8 lords (preferably Lyn).
I haven't played his game, but I really don't want to if the main character is garbage, both in terms of character (I heard he's a cardboard box) and a unit. Promoting 5 Chapters before the end is really, really ridiculous. That and I heard his game his hard for all of the wrong reasons, Roy being one of them.

All in all, :4roy: > :roypm:

Hong

The Strongest
even this?

:GCB:
Throw Car

:GCB::GCR:
Rekka no Arm Flail

:GCB::GCD:
Frost Breath

:GCB::GCU:
Save Your Friends

Final Smash: Lex Wins
All other fighters are dropped into a blank, cubic, hideous-looking cityscape, and have two minutes to pass through all the rings or else they are removed from the match.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
even this?
Thanks for giving me ideas on what to vote for on Smash Ballot.

:GCB:
Throw Car

:GCB::GCR:
Rekka no Arm Flail

:GCB::GCD:
Frost Breath

:GCB::GCU:
Save Your Friends

Final Smash: Lex Wins
All other fighters are dropped into a blank, cubic, hideous-looking cityscape, and have two minutes to pass through all the rings or else they are removed from the match.
And you too.

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
All of my wish characters are kind of the obscure type. Out of all of them Tiki aand Wolf may have the best chances but Tiki isn't really popular outside the FE fandom. Then there is Waluigi but he is already an Assist Trophy plus everyone who I have spoken with has a bad impression of him(filler character) so he is out. There are some Pokemons out there who I would love to play but they are not popular enough. Senior Resetti would be hilarious but he is hated and he has no feet which would make jumping problematic.

On another note, I know it will be painful for me to kill characters with a face and a name that could've been my allies:sadsheep:

I mean, imagine yourself having to kill any of these characters.

It will be Mustafa over and over again.
I really really wish that some units from both sides will join you no matter which side you pick. Obviously Lobster Lord Ryouma and Marx will be fixed on one side but there is no saying that you can't recruit some characters from the other side as well, right? I mean these sisters seem to be really attached to you so maybe they will follow you. Then again I should always expect the worst.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

All of my wish characters are kind of the obscure type. Out of all of them Tiki aand Wolf may have the best chances but Tiki isn't really popular outside the FE fandom. Than there is Waluigi but he is already an Assist Trophy plus everyone who I have spoken with has a bad impression of him(filler character) so he is out. There are some Pokemons out there who I would love to play but they are not popular enough. Senior Resetti would be hilarious but he is hated and he has no feet which would make jumping problematic.

I really really wish that some units from both sides will join you no matter which side you pick. Obviously Lobster Lord Ryouma and Marx will be fixed on one side but there is no saying that you can't recruit some characters from the other side as well, right? I mean these sisters seem to be really attached to you so maybe they will follow you. Then again I should always expect the worst.
I've heard people saying that Felicia might be loyal to Kamui no matter what side s/he chooses. And I'm guessing Nincina will be too since we see her wearing Nohr's colors and with Nohr in the first trailer and a bit more obviously with Hoshido elsewhere. With the inside rebellion plot for Nohr, maybe you have to free her at one point in the Nohr path?

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
I've heard people saying that Felicia might be loyal to Kamui no matter what side s/he chooses. And I'm guessing Nincina will be too since we see her wearing Nohr's colors and with Nohr in the first trailer and a bit more obviously with Hoshido elsewhere. With the inside rebellion plot for Nohr, maybe you have to free her at one point in the Nohr path?
Freeing her sounds like a good idea actually. Or maybe depending on which side you choose, the characters will join you differently, like you have to defeat them first and convince them to join you in one version whereas the same character would join you for free in another version.

Last edited:

ViralN9

Smash Cadet
The only characters I really wish to join smash are Rajang and Tigrex from Monster Hunter.

With the way it was worded in the direct, we may, may, get the same characters regardless of the side we choose but their recruitment scenario is different. But still, expect the worst.

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
The only characters I really wish to join smash are Rajang and Tigrex from Monster Hunter.

With the way it was worded in the direct, we may, may, get the same characters regardless of the side we choose but their recruitment scenario is different. But still, expect the worst.
Honestly I might even spoiler myself a little about this because I really want to know if I could have some opposing units. I can't help it, I want them all.

Last edited:

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
Can't say I would happy to see Roy again, not really a fan of him tbh. When it comes to some of the FE characters, my choices would be Hector, Ephraim, and Micaiah. Tiki would be cool, but I don't see a feasible move set working for her.

Of the veterans, I really only want Snake and Wolf back, with the latter having a decent chance. Should the famous leader of Star Wolf return, I just hope they don't botch his voice like they did with the other Star Fox members. Gross.

When it comes to general gaming, my one and only wish is Neku from TWEWY.
I want to vote for Neku so badly, I'm a big fan (see avatar)! I doubt square would let them put him in though.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Personally I don't want to be able to recruit many characters from the opposite side. Wouldn't that kind of ruin the uniqueness for each game? This will sound rather dark, but I want as a player to experience a little angst by having to defeat and possibly kill characters that I've grown to like on the other side. After all, war is never happy.

For the neutral path however, I wouldn't mind if various characters from both sides decided to join me.

Last edited:

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
Personally I don't want to be able to recruit many characters from the opposite side. Wouldn't that kind of ruin the uniqueness for each game? This will sound rather dark, but I want as a player to experience a little angst by having to defeat and possibly kill characters that I've grown to like on the other side. After all, war is never happy.

For the neutral path however, I wouldn't mind if various characters from both sides decided to join me.
Well I guess it doesn't have to be all of them. Just some might be enough. That Dark Knight Prince doesn't seem like someone who would join his enemies.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I threw four votes in so far, for Knuckles, Krystal, Cordelia, and Sora (from KH). Sora is more or less total wish fulfillment on my part and I have no real hopes that he will make it, but had to give it a shot. Knuckles I think would be a fun character, far better than the overhyped Shadow the EDGE!hog. Cordelia because, while I definitely will put in a vote for Kamui eventually, I think she too has great potential for a unique moveset, being a spear wielder. And Krystal, well magical space fox lady, sounds cool to me!

Shaymikyu

So @ Shaymikyu Shaymikyu I take it you're hyped for :4lucas:.
Not at all.:awesome:

PURCHASING HIM THE SECOND HE'S AVAILABLE AND NEVER LETTING GO. I SQUEALED WITH JOY WHEN I REALIZED WHO THE TRAILER WAS FOR. Will still be using Robin too though, of course. My top 4 characters I use (or will use in Lucas' case) are in my sig.

But now I'm out of DLC characters to rally for. Stages, music, and alts on the other hand...

Where's my Cave of the Past, Sakurai?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm really glad they revealed Lucas.
I thought it was all but confirmed he and Wolf were coming back, but what I didn't see coming that the less likely of the two would be revealed first.

I'm expecting either Wolf or a newcomer (King K. Rool/Dixie Kong or Captain Toad) to be revealed at E3.

Hong

The Strongest
Not at all.:awesome:

PURCHASING HIM THE SECOND HE'S AVAILABLE AND NEVER LETTING GO. I SQUEALED WITH JOY WHEN I REALIZED WHO THE TRAILER WAS FOR. Will still be using Robin too though, of course. My top 4 characters I use (or will use in Lucas' case) are in my sig.

But now I'm out of DLC characters to rally for. Stages, music, and alts on the other hand...
Where's my Cave of the Past, Sakurai?
Gosh. If you are this happy, then I can't help but feel happy as well. ^~^

I knew right away where the trailer was going when they were showing my boy Ness getting bodied like that, yet still intrigued. Suppose since a lot of the character in Smash 4 feel like HD updates of Brawl, it probably wasn't too difficult for them to make Lucas (which is great for Wolf hopefuls). Regardless, this is great for Lucas fans! I wonder what his custom special moves will be like.

There's really nothing else out there quite like a good ol' Lucas up smash. *~*

Shaymikyu

Despite being a diehard supporter and clinging to anything that could mean his return, I thought he was highly unlikely. A character from a very cult game that didn't even do too well in the one region it was released in... If DLC was a thing, I didn't see it happening with all the more popular characters who didn't make the initial cut. Ness's customs never scared me- Marth and Lucina share customs, after all.

In hindsight, it's possible that Lucas was in development originally but cut for time, or he's just easy to add because of similarities to Ness.

And I will be shocked if we don't get Wolf. I'm still expecting him to be used to promote Star Fox Wii U.

I knew right away where the trailer was going when they were showing my boy Ness getting bodied like that, yet still intrigued. Suppose since a lot of the character in Smash 4 feel like HD updates of Brawl, it probably wasn't too difficult for them to make Lucas (which is great for Wolf hopefuls). Regardless, this is great for Lucas fans! I wonder what his custom special moves will be like.

I was thrilled to see the Up Smash of Death back... And his smashes from Brawl in general. I figured if they added him back at all, they might have borrowed even more from Ness.

Rope Snake looks like it has way more range this time, too.

Last edited:

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
I can't wait until Lucas comes out too. Lucas was one of my mains in brawl and I love Mother 3. Mother 3 just has so much personality and it's really amazing what they accomplished for that time. He's my favourite psychic.

Weeman

Smash Crusader

Actually that gets me thinking, doesn't it basically mean that Ness and Lucas are both going to have PK Freeze?
Hopefully they give good ol' Luke other PK variations.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Also, that trailer made it even harder for me to choose. They really do twist the knife in with the other side... Why couldn't it be as obvious to me as before!:cry: Why can't I make everyone happy!

I'm the worst decision-maker, to boot.

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
Also, that trailer made it even harder for me to choose. They really do twist the knife in with the other side... Why couldn't it be as obvious to me as before!:cry: Why can't I make everyone happy!

I'm the worst decision-maker, to boot.
Yup, imagine joining the Nohr side(let's face it almost no one will choose Hoshido) helping your adoptive family conquer your former homeland, slaughter everyone including your adorable little sis and your older bro and get your "Happy End":troll:.

I honestly cannot see how this game can have a Happy End when you choose either side.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Thanks, just decided to go back to an older avatar of mine.

You definitely won't be decided with what you see coming from the manga as you read on. Plenty of surprises. 2016 shall be a year for greatness.
I won't be... Decided? What do you mean?

Shaymikyu

Yup, imagine joining the Nohr side(let's face it almost no one will choose Hoshido) helping your adoptive family conquer your former homeland, slaughter everyone including your adorable little sis and your older bro and get your "Happy End":troll:.

I honestly cannot see how this game can have a Happy End when you choose either side.
If you choose Hoshido, you might have to kill your adoptive family, some of which seem actually quite loving, that you grew up with your whole life. And while the Hoshido people might be "peace-loving," what if they aren't the most competent rulers to rule over the remains of both kingdoms? Or what if they're peace-loving side hides something else?

And then there's Nohr. You're slaughtering your own blood relatives not too long after they're relieved to the point of tears that you're even still ALIVE, and possibly helping further a sinister agenda. And even with the inside rebellion, again, who's to say the kingdoms won't fall to pieces after the war?

No matter who you choose, there will be consequences... Or maybe I'm over-thinking it and it will all be sunshine and rainbows in the end.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Guys there will obviously be a greater evil who will unite both sides to fight for the greater good, and then they will find out they loved each other all the time and Hoshinohr will be born.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I can't wait until Lucas comes out too. Lucas was one of my mains in brawl and I love Mother 3. Mother 3 just has so much personality and it's really amazing what they accomplished for that time. He's my favourite psychic.
While I myself don't care much for Lucas, I'm still very glad to see him return. One of my best friends mained him in Brawl and you guys are also so excited for him!
His return greatly helping Wolf's chances obviously doesn't hurt my enthusiasm, either.

Drakonis, I had no idea you had so much interest in @ Weeman Weeman . I am honoured that one of my vassals can be of service to one so noble. I will gladly delegate him to you for your quest. He can be a little silly from time to time, but he'll pull through.
Of course I was talking about Sonic Storm. We already established he's cute and fluffy like Yarne.

@ Hong Hong , with you I'd have to fear nary a storm, could brave the highest mountain, slay all foes and travel to the reaches of the known world. And if we where to never be seen again, it's only because adventure called us even farther.

The Eternal Protector and the Shining Blade! Bards will have songs to sing, people tales to tell around the campfire, evildoers stories that make them quake in their boots!

And even if our perils will get ever so dire, with you on my side, I know...

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v

Well, that how war irl works. Nothing is black and white in war.
When we have to kill faceless soldiers or pure evil enemies, we don't feel any compassion for them, the soldiers, because they are just "exp fodder", and the bosses because chances are that they are jerkasses anyway.
We are accustomated in having all (or most) nice characters with a face and a name in FE on our side, that's why I really like the premise of this game: You'll have to kill characters just because they don't agree with your PoV, even if they aren't completely evil.
I think you have to kill unique characters because in a lot of points during the trailer it is shown that Kamui is attacking characters with a unique designs, who don't look ugly like "Hey I'm an evil boss!", but eh, I could be wrong.
In any way, in the end, one side will have a happy ending, while other will get a "game over". Just how war works.

Guys there will obviously be a greater evil who will unite both sides to fight for the greater good, and then they will find out they loved each other all the time and Hoshinohr will be born.
For some reason I think it will happen in that third path, because otherwise I'm going to be pissed that this game is being sold split.
They said each game is a completely different story after chapter 6. That's the only thing that kind of explains why the hell they decided to sell the two paths separated.

Last edited:
Top Bottom