• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
That would be pretty awesome actually. It would kind of give a new meaning to what the king actually says in that scene, "I'll let you live, as my child."
Agreed. It would open up a lot more possiblities for character and story development rather than a cliched stolen baby story we've seen a million times in fairy tales and such.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Well, the Nohr King can't be all evil if he raised Kamui. I mean, he could have just kept him as a prisoner, and not interact with his own children.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Even though I'm really liking this theory of a new weapon triangle scheme, I am still worried about weapon durability.

I do truly hope it isn't gone and that it just has something to do with the game not being quite finished, or casual mode, or something.

I definitely do not miss the CON stat from SS, which I believe was in all of the the GBA games and some of the older ones as well?, and I can deal with the loss of weight, though I still miss it. But weapon durability is way too crucial to Fire Emblem and the idea of it being gone is just too much as it would get rid of the purpose of playing conservatively with resources other then units and would lessen the use of the gold resource. It just isn't a good idea...

BindingShield

Smash Journeyman
NNID
M2TheC
Furthermore look at these two pics again;

https://40.media.tumblr.com/ce554dd5c1026f2e5542b2b8941d47c2/tumblr_inline_nm8qnlNMUw1t9uwok_540.jpg
http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Jan_006.jpg

Isn't it a little off the both Kumai's sword and the girls sword have the same exact amount of green/red shaded in the box? If this was weapon durability wouldn't it be far more like for them to be different? It's possible, but not very probable.

No more redundant then with the traditional weapon triangle.
The Second picture makes a counterpoint. Why would the bow be green if it wasn't for full weapon durability? Its not like it is particularly effective against anything but fliers. Furthermore, the unit with a full green bar is an enemy unit, as in the units that always have full weapon durability. I mean, it makes more sense in my opinion.

I remember in Fire Emblem I would often deliberately load my strongest characters with one use weapons so they could soften up an enemy without killing them, because the weapon would break preventing them from doubling. That tactic probably wasn't what IS was going for with weapon durability. It may be that they want us to take risks when we get low on weapon use. Kill the enemy with an overpowered sword, but risk it breaking during the enemy phase or switch to one that has full uses.

I think IS may display weapon durability in around four or five stages. It wears down until it drops a level, after which you can noticeably tell the difference between a weapon with full uses and a weapon with 4/5th uses or what not.

Last edited:

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
The Second picture makes a counterpoint. Why would the bow be green if it wasn't for full weapon durability? Its not like it is particularly effective against anything but fliers. Furthermore, the unit with a full green bar is an enemy unit, as in the units that always have full weapon durability. I mean, it makes more sense in my opinion.

I remember in Fire Emblem I would often deliberately load my strongest characters with one use weapons so they could soften up an enemy without killing them, because the weapon would break preventing them from doubling. That tactic probably wasn't what IS was going for with weapon durability. It may be that they want us to take risks when we get low on weapon use. Kill the enemy with an overpowered sword, but risk it breaking during the enemy phase or switch to one that has full uses.

I think IS may display weapon durability in around four or five stages. It wears down until it drops a level, after which you can noticeably tell the difference between a weapon with full uses and a weapon with 4/5th uses or what not.
Nay, just look at the advantage/disvantage arrows that appears when engaging the enemy.
Now bows have a part in the "triangle" weapon in this game.

As for the enemy bit, just look at this:

As of now, I have no idea what these colored background to the weapons icons mean.
The more I hunt for info about them, the less sense it makes:roll:

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Was any tome wielders shown in any of the trailers? (If) I'm hoping for the return of the Trinity of Magic...

Edit:
That and Star Fox U isn't exactly going a system seller
But we haven't even seen how that game is like yet...:c But yeah, XBC probably the more likely one.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Nay, just look at the advantage/disvantage arrows that appears when engaging the enemy.
Now bows have a part in the "triangle" weapon in this game.

As for the enemy bit, just look at this:

As of now, I have no idea what these colored background to the weapons icons mean.
The more I hunt for info about them, the less sense it makes:roll:

I missed that pic.

That further supports the the new weapon triage theory because the lance is blue/red.

I'd say the chances of this being a new way to go about the weapon triangle for IF is rather high now and everything seems to be fitting in place.

Last edited:

Elezir

Was any tome wielders shown in any of the trailers? (If) I'm hoping for the return of the Trinity of Magic...
They only show these in action (We have Ice magic now), but I don't remember they showing any tome icon.
I'll take a look at the trailers again.

I missed that pic.

That further supports the the new weapon triage theory because the lance is blue/red.

I'd say the chances of this being a new way to go about the weapon triangle for IF is rather high now and everything seems to be fitting in place.
I dunno, I think the way they colored the backgrounds seem a bit arbitrary?
Why not make the entire sword's background red, then? Why that green portion?
That's what I'm not getting I suppose...

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I dunno, I think the way they colored the backgrounds seem a bit arbitrary?
Why not make the entire sword's background red, then? Why that green portion?
That's what I'm not getting I suppose...
My guess is to denote which color it beats. It's probably just a QoL thing so you don't have to constantly remember what beats what when you can just see in the box that there is mostly red with a little bit of green which means red beats green.

Better to assume players are dumb rather and put in the QoL change rather then risk potential ******** about it being hard to remember or the game not making it clear cut, even though it does, or other such nonsense.

Elezir

Blonde Marth

This guy gives me Soren feels, for some reason.
Who wants to bet he's some kind of strategist?

Oh yeah, couldn't find any magic/tome stats being shown, only battle animations of the ice magic.

Also, I found a battle animation for mace wielder.

Last edited:

Elezir

Here is the mace-wielder and the Ninja:

And more of a curiousity, but it looks like Lobster Samurai has the same sprite of a Swordmaster

Pretty sure he's going to have an unique class regardless, though.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
@ Elezir Elezir

The weapons with their backgrounds:

Mostly blue, with red
鉄の薙刀 - Iron naginata

Mostly red, with green
鉄の剣 - Iron sword
鉄の刀 - Iron katana
夜刀神 - Yatogami (Kamui's pref sword)

Mostly green, with blue
青銅の金棒 - Bronze kanabō

Solid green (unless the weapon icon obscured the blue?)
鉄の弓 - Iron bow

No background
竜石 - Dragonstone

The colours do line up with the existing weapon triangle (assuming the kanabō is a type of axe), so the theory seems to hold weight based on that.

D

Deleted member

Screen Shot 2015-04-03 at 4.10.27 PM.png

Someone is selling Robin for this amount.

In fact the whole reason the Hoshido and Nohr are fighting is because the Hoshido bought the last Robin Amiibo.
At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the plot.

I thought it was because Nohr bought all of the Fire Emblem amiibo? Seriously, one of the Nohr carriages had like a 100 Lucinas. They have no interest in actually using them on the compatible games. Instead, all those Lucina amiibo will be hanged on the palace walls. Never to be opened.
So we have found the Fire Emblem equivalent to MarioTehPlumber?

So how will you play Fire Emblem if?
For Freedom
#TeamNeutral

Elezir

The colours do line up with the existing weapon triangle (assuming the kanabō is a type of axe), so the theory seems to hold weight based on that.
Kanabo:

So, this is a mace.
Close enough, I suppose?

Either way, thank you a lot @ Moydow Moydow <3 Unfortunately, as you changed your avatar to Maya, I can't do the Edgey-poo joke anymore.

View attachment 45762
Someone is selling Robin for this amount.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the plot.

So we have found the Fire Emblem equivalent to MarioTehPlumber?

For Freedom
#TeamNeutral
For all the amiibo hunters out there:

*cry*

Edit: Just noticed it now, but it looks like they didn't even have a Ike amiibo to put on display.
Its not only you, @NonSpecificGuy.

Last edited:

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
Necessary because the people are suffering. Red eyes are just a natural eye color among Nohr royalty. Skin disease. He hates cutting his nails. He's a king so of course he needs awesome looking armor!

Praise King Garon!
I always read it as King Ganon. Doesn't help that I saw this pic that @redfeatherraven posted

Also I looked into other forums/websites and I was curious what the others were thinking about the new FE game. Turns out that 90%(I am not exaggerating) will be choosing the Nohr side. Camila's *ahem* convincing argument was certanly a deciding factor plus higher diffculty seem to be more appealing to the FE fanbase.

Honestly I first wanted to choose the Nohr path but seeing almost everyone choosing it as well makes me strongly consider the Hoshido side. I can already see how every playthrough will be the Nohr side narration.

Does anyone of you actually want to side with Hoshido? I feel kinda sorry for Hoshido because the popularity is slaughtering them. That is assuming, of course, that the games will be sold separately like in Japan and not in one game with everything included.

I wish there would be a third option. Choosing neither side and create your own little army to oppose them both.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Either way, thank you a lot @ Moydow Moydow <3 Unfortunately, as you changed your avatar to Maya, I can't do the Edgey-poo joke anymore.

Yeah, this was supposed to be my April Fools' thing, until Shaq attaqued the boards (I still don't get why Shaq though). I kinda like it though :p

Does anyone of you actually want to side with Hoshido?
I was going to go with Nohr once I heard about the higher difficulty and more "traditional" FE experience (or however they described it), but now I'm thinking I might start with Hoshido if it's going to be quite a bit easier (so it doesn't feel too easy after beating the more difficult one).

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!

Also I looked into other forums/websites and I was curious what the others were thinking about the new FE game. Turns out that 90%(I am not exaggerating) will be choosing the Nohr side. Camila's *ahem* convincing argument was certanly a deciding factor plus higher diffculty seem to be more appealing to the FE fanbase.

Honestly I first wanted to choose the Nohr path but seeing almost everyone choosing it as well makes me strongly consider the Hoshido side. I can already see how every playthrough will be the Nohr side narration.

Does anyone of you actually want to side with Hoshido? I feel kinda sorry for Hoshido because the popularity is slaughtering them. That is assuming, of course, that the games will be sold separately like in Japan and not in one game with everything included.

I wish there would be a third option. Choosing neither side and create your own little army to oppose them both.
That's me with Pokémon. Everyone wanted White so I went with Black. Everyone wanted Y so I went with X.

Camilla... yeah... she certainly won the hearts of everyone... I found a Tumblr post with a bunch of hashtags that were apparently related to Camilla. Back then, I thought they were hilarious but now... I feel a little disturbed by her... fanbase.

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978

Yeah, this was supposed to be my April Fools' thing, until Shaq attaqued the boards (I still don't get why Shaq though). I kinda like it though :p

I was going to go with Nohr once I heard about the higher difficulty and more "traditional" FE experience (or however they described it), but now I'm thinking I might start with Hoshido if it's going to be quite a bit easier (so it doesn't feel too easy after beating the more difficult one).
That is an interesting way to view it actually.

That's me with Pokémon. Everyone wanted White so I went with Black. Everyone wanted Y so I went with X.

Camilla... yeah... she certainly won the hearts of everyone... I found a Tumblr post with a bunch of hashtags that were apparently related to Camilla. Back then, I thought they were hilarious but now... I feel a little disturbed by her... fanbase.
Yup you are just like me then. But I went with them because I actually like them more, not because of popularity. I choose Reshiram instead of Zekrom because I like fire dragons the most(plus I find Reshis design beautiful) and Xerneas instead of Yveltal because I like it's design more.

And I agree with you on Camila. Some call you "gay" for not liking her design and others are getting a little bit too creepy about it. I am all for waifu joking(I do that alot too) but some people are pushing it.

Last edited:

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
I always read it as King Ganon. Doesn't help that I saw this pic that @redfeatherraven posted

I plan on eventually playing through both of the games so I think I will start with Hoshido because of Lobster Lord (I like that name better than his actual one) and the easier difficulty. I like hard games but if I play Hoshido second after playing Nohr then it might be too easy and get boring. That Nohr little sister is pretty cute though. I think I would need more information to say for sure which side to side with but I'm leaning a bit on the Hoshido side, because Japan.

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
people choosing sides just for one girl they only know by looks? I guess I'll take my leave from such discussions

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Yea, I don't really care about story speculation to much right now, personally because I want to avoid story stuff till I play the game and once the game gets released in Japan I'll probs stop coming to this thread in fear of story spoilers, I want to be fully surprised as to what the story will bring and don't want to speculate on it that much.

Gameplay speculation is a whole different matter and I will go in deep with that, like I've already been doing lol.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
And I agree with you on Camila. Some call you "gay" for not liking her design and other are getting a little bit too creepy about it. I am all for waifu joking(I do that alot too) but some people are pushing it.
I'll get both but how it will be handled in North America is still unknown. If it's like Japan, then I'll start with Hoshido, then I'll get Nohr. If it's two in one (or three in one because third path), then there better be more save files than just three. I know at least one other person that is team Hoshido because Felicia was in the box art paired up with Lobster Lord.

While everyone was gushing over Dancer Lady on the first trailer, I ended up growing to like Kazahana. And now we have Camilla... I liked female Kamui's design enough to not be affected by Camilla's boingy bits.

ViralN9

Smash Cadet
Heyo fellow Robin supporters. I haven't been in this thread in months. How goes it? Everyone pretty psyched still from the direct I take it? That fire emblem if trailer was amazing. Too bad we have to wait until 2016... :(

On another note, look at this beautiful picture:

I think you mean "my new icon?"

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Well, the Nohr King can't be all evil if he raised Kamui. I mean, he could have just kept him as a prisoner, and not interact with his own children.
Exactly. He must have some compassion and kindness to raise Kamui as his own. Unless he was just raising Kamui to be used as a weapon against the Hoshido. But maybe in the process he came to truly care about Kamui as one of his own.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I must say that I have completely lost track of this topic... I can't keep up...

Elezir

Yea, I don't really care about story speculation to much right now, personally because I want to avoid story stuff till I play the game and once the game gets released in Japan I'll probs stop coming to this thread in fear of story spoilers, I want to be fully surprised as to what the story will bring and don't want to speculate on it that much.

Gameplay speculation is a whole different matter and I will go in deep with that, like I've already been doing lol.
Fair enough:happysheep:

About the Ninja class, I've been thinking about it and I'm almost sure it'll be a promotion of Thief.
Now, not sure if Mace gurl can be a promotion or not.
So, anything else you noticed?

I must say that I have completely lost track of this topic... I can't keep up...
It's alrighty dear. It happens all the time in this thread.:happysheep:

Last edited:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
I still can't believe Kamui is a freaking manakete along with being a lord. That is awesome.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Well this sucks. I wanted to like Camilla not for her "assets" but because I though she had a cool character/armor design. Not to mention she's an axe wielding, dragon riding, lady of war. But now everyone is gonna think I'm into her just because of boobies.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Almost too awesome. Now let's combine the fact that (s)he's a manakete with the fact that (s)he has access to six skills.
To be fair though, I think it'll be balanced since the dragonstone has a weapon level now.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I didn't think about spoilers...

How in the world am I supposed to avoid this thread for 8+ months??

Last edited:

Elezir

I didn't think about spoilers...

How in the world am I supposed to avoid this thread for 8+ months??
That can be easily remedied if people are nice enough to put spoilery stuff into, y'know, spoilers.
I'd be more careful if we were in a Serenes thread, but this not the case, I hope.

In any way, I don't think this thread will be the biggest source of spoilers for the game.

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
I still can't believe Kamui is a freaking manakete along with being a lord. That is awesome.

Omg dragon-lord. Swords and Dargonstones? Plus he has Galeforce? and Rightful King as skills. I can already tell that Kamui will break the game.

Well this sucks. I wanted to like Camilla not for her "assets" but because I though she had a cool character/armor design. Not to mention she's an axe wielding, dragon riding, lady of war. But now everyone is gonna think I'm into her just because of boobies.
That's sadly the curse of the ones who like the fanservice characters.
Honestly you shouldn't let that affect you. If you like her for whatever reason than nobody should blame you. It's just some people can get really overboard, like people saying "how can you choose Hoshido after seein dem bewbs, are you gay".

Though like I said I would prefer a third option: my own side

Last edited:

ViralN9

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I feel exactly the same way.

Top Bottom