• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
It may become Nintendo's leading Holiday 2015 title since that is no longer the case for Zelda Wii U.
I wouldn't be surprised to be honest. That's probably one reason why Fire Emblem: If isn't being released until 2016 for NA because most of the translation team and efforts, along with VA, are being put onto XBC to get it out this holiday. After all, there's going to be a crap ton of content to translate. That and Star Fox U isn't exactly going a system seller, especially since previous Star Fox titles weren't, so having a massive RPG that rivals FFXV, and is developed by Nintendo/Monolith Soft, makes XBC a key title for this holiday.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Shaymin, where'd you get your Ness? In-store?
I was in class, so my mom went to the physical store since the site didn't have them up on time. After an eternity of waiting, she preordered him for me. And I got email confirmation, so he will be mailed to me once he's out.

Also got Charizard, Pac-Man, and supposedly Wario, but I didn't see him in the email. He's the one I am least interested in anyway.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
@ Hong Hong I like to think of them as little statues I can put on display on my desk or mantle. Also, I'm going to enter mine in an amiibo tournament today!
It's also clutter. :011:

Then again, people would probably say the same of all the swords and whatnot I have all over the place.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
In fact the whole reason the Hoshido and Nohr are fighting is because the Hoshido bought the last Robin Amiibo.
I thought it was because Nohr bought all of the Fire Emblem amiibo? Seriously, one of the Nohr carriages had like a 100 Lucinas. They have no interest in actually using them on the compatible games. Instead, all those Lucina amiibo will be hanged on the palace walls. Never to be opened.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I thought it was because Nohr bought all of the Fire Emblem amiibo? Seriously, one of the Nohr carriages had like a 100 Lucinas. They have no interest in actually using them on the compatible games. Instead, all those Lucina amiibo will be hanged on the palace walls. Never to be opened.
Exactly! That's why the Hoshido bought all of the Robin amiibos so the Nohr couldn't commit such heinous acts against the amiibo ever again! Also you REALLY don't wanna know what Camilla is doing with all of the Ike and Marth amiibos.

Hong

The Strongest
do you happen to have a shields as well? You are a protector after all :054:
I used to. Traded it for a dao and dagger since I needed to get back into wushu at the time. I'll be getting a new one before long. Generally after I have a new place to live and more space, I want to collect more along the lines of armour instead of weaponry.

Well, I have a wooden shield but...

I need WEIGHT.:067:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
So it looks like the Thief class now uses bows instead of swords in IF.

I wonder if this means the Thief class can instead promote into the Assassin class or Sniper class (this could also be the class of that one Hoshido guy that had the bow) this instead of the Trickster class and that the Archer class is gotten rid of? Would be an interesting way to force the use of Bows, even if only a little bit, and differs the Thief class from just being another Myrmidon but with lock picking capabilities or maybe the Archer class is still but the Thief class now fills the niche of the Hunter class in Shadow Dragon in being a speedy bow user in sacrifice for strength.

Hrmmmmmm.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
So it looks like the Thief class now uses bows instead of swords in IF.

I wonder if this means the Thief class can instead promote into the Assassin class or Sniper class (this could also be the class of that one Hoshido guy that had the bow) this instead of the Trickster class and that the Archer class is gotten rid of? Would be an interesting way to force the use of Bows, even if only a little bit, and differs the Thief class from just being another Myrmidon but with lock picking capabilities or maybe the Archer class is still but the Thief class now fills the niche of the Hunter class in Shadow Dragon in being a speedy bow user in sacrifice for strength.

Hrmmmmmm.
Since I'm accustomed with Thief being able to use daggers/swords, this change looked strange to me, but reasonable, I guess.
It's not like you're supposed to use them in combat-related stuff for most of the time, and does make more sense that only after promoting to Assassin the character would be able to wield daggers/swords.

Last edited:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Heyo fellow Robin supporters. I haven't been in this thread in months. How goes it? Everyone pretty psyched still from the direct I take it? That fire emblem if trailer was amazing. Too bad we have to wait until 2016... :(

On another note, look at this beautiful picture:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I take it back. I'm siding with Hoshido. Those Nohr jerks must pay for depriving me of Robin and Lucina.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
On a more serious note, why are the Nohr and Hoshido fighting?

Then I got thinking... What could the Nohr want that might put them in a more 'good' aspect? How could the Hoshido be morally grey?

Consider this: The ruler of the Nohr wants something... Something that the Hoshido selfishly hoard...

The Fire Emblem.

The Nohr want to prevent something, but will use any means to save it. The Hoshido won't give up the most powerful artifact on the world to glory-seeking warriors.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
We have a forced retail holiday in Nova Scotia on Good Friday, so there's a damn good chance all the Wave 4 Amiibos will be sold out before I even have a chance to attempt an in-store pre-order.

My only chance is tomorrow before work.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
We have a forced retail holiday in Nova Scotia on Good Friday, so there's a damn good chance all the Wave 4 Amiibos will be sold out before I even have a chance to attempt an in-store pre-order.

My only chance is tomorrow before work.
The irony is that Amiibo-wise, Good Friday will become Bad Friday for you.

Sucks. :sadsheep:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
So hey, remember that subject about infinite weapon durability in IF we had some pages back and how we though that maybe those boxes around the weapon icons represented durability now?

Well that might no be the case. Because, if you look closely, at the picture with the enemy thief wielding the bow you can see blue at the very bottom of the box, https://41.media.tumblr.com/bcb3e5d93a8ef7ea4397fe61b3338069/tumblr_inline_nm8qo36dvm1t9uwok_540.jpg, and in another pic, http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/kamui1.jpg, we have some kind of axe/maze that is mostly green with some blue in the corner, and ofc there is the pic with Kumai, https://40.media.tumblr.com/ce554dd5c1026f2e5542b2b8941d47c2/tumblr_inline_nm8qnlNMUw1t9uwok_540.jpg, the has mostly rid with green on the bottom.

And of course there is this picture here that shows swords beating bows http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Jan_006.jpg.

So what if instead of representing durability it instead signifies weapon advantage/disadvantage (or the weapon triangle) in the red>green>blue>red so basically, weapons with a mostly red (let's presume most/all swords) background beat out weapons with a mostly green background (most/all bows and axes) which then beat out those with a mostly blue background (let's presume Lances) which then beats out those with a red background.

It makes more sense given the blue found in some of the boxes.

Thoughts?

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579

Then I got thinking... What could the Nohr want that might put them in a more 'good' aspect? How could the Hoshido be morally grey?

Consider this: The ruler of the Nohr wants something... Something that the Hoshido selfishly hoard...

The Fire Emblem.

The Nohr want to prevent something, but will use any means to save it. The Hoshido won't give up the most powerful artifact on the world to glory-seeking warriors.
Hmm. Interesting idea. This being fire emblem, I can imagine something like that occurring. But the question is, what would the Nohr be trying to prevent? While we don't know all of the details, based on what we've seen the king doesn't seem to be the type of fellow to do something for the good of others without a hidden agenda. The guy seems to radiate evil.

Elezir

The Fire Emblem.

Also, if the speculation about Kamui being kidnapped by Nohr is true, then why, exactly, they did that?
I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that Kamui can transform into a dragon, but why would Nohr want that kind of power? Since we are working with gray morality here, it can't be just to destroy their enemies.
I think it has something to do with these monsters the trailer shows us, too. We do see Marx attacking one in the first trailer.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Also, if the speculation about Kamui being kidnapped by Nohr is true, then why, exactly, they did that?
I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that Kamui can transform into a dragon, but why would Nohr want that kind of power? Since we are working with gray morality here, it can't be just to destroy their enemies.
I think it has something to do with these monsters the trailer shows us, too. We do see Marx attacking one in the first trailer.
Why do my alerts say this post quoted my post? Q_Q

Elezir

So hey, remember that subject about infinite weapon durability in IF we had some pages back and how we though that maybe those boxes around the weapon icons represented durability now?

Well that might no be the case. Because, if you look closely, at the picture with the enemy thief wielding the bow you can see blue at the very bottom of the box, https://41.media.tumblr.com/bcb3e5d93a8ef7ea4397fe61b3338069/tumblr_inline_nm8qo36dvm1t9uwok_540.jpg, and in another pic, http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/kamui1.jpg, we have some kind of axe/maze that is mostly green with some blue in the corner, and ofc there is the pic with Kumai, https://40.media.tumblr.com/ce554dd5c1026f2e5542b2b8941d47c2/tumblr_inline_nm8qnlNMUw1t9uwok_540.jpg, the has mostly rid with green on the bottom.

And of course there is this picture here that shows swords beating bows http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Jan_006.jpg.

So what if instead of representing durability it instead signifies weapon advantage/disadvantage (or the weapon triangle) in the red>green>blue>red so basically, weapons with a mostly red (let's presume most/all swords) background beat out weapons with a mostly green background (most/all bows and axes) which then beat out those with a mostly blue background (let's presume Lances) which then beats out those with a red background.

It makes more sense given the blue found in some of the boxes.

Thoughts?
Makes me question why the dragonstones have no background, though.
Aside from that, it..makes sense, kinda? Woudn't the weapon triangle suffice, though? We already have that green/red arrow to signal if a weapon has advantage or not over others.

The bit about the blue does makes me confused, though.

Why do my alerts say this post quoted my post? Q_Q
That's because my navegator hadn't loaded your post properly at first and I wrote nonsense about it.:sheep:
So, of course, I edited it out. My apologies.

Also, @ Pega-pony Princess Pega-pony Princess , I know a fellow tactician who will love your nick. @redfeatherraven.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Makes me question why the dragonstones have no background, though.
Aside from that, it..makes sense, kinda? Woudn't the weapon triangle suffice, though? We already have that green/red arrow to signal if a weapon has advantage or not over others.

The bit about the blue does makes me confused, though.
Beast/Dragon Stones have never had weapon advantage though. Hence no background.

It could even be that the traditional weapon triangle, Swords>Axe>Lance>Sword, is being totally replaced with a new weapon triangle of red>green>blue>red with different weapons of the same type having different backgrounds to them, so some swords could have a green background instead of a red background and the like, plus adding Bows to the equation in the traditional weapon triangle makes it no longer a true triangle (unless bows just plain get paired with axes) whereas the color scheme would keep it as a triangle and could even offer more flexibility to it since now we could, technically, get swords beating sword and stuff if this theory is correct and they wanted to do that. Even tomes could be brought into the weapon triangle rather then having a separate magic triangle. There is a bunch of potential with this theory.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
I know one thing that I would like in regards to weapons. The return of light magic. The magic triangle just feels empty without it.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
While we don't know all of the details, based on what we've seen the king doesn't seem to be the type of fellow to do something for the good of others without a hidden agenda. The guy seems to radiate evil.
But... but the king is a sweet and innocent old man. Look at him lending out his hand to help you get up. Just like Chrom did on the opening of Awakening.

I bet he visits Nohr's hospitals daily and blesses newborn children. As for the "menacing" look. Well... he has lived a very long life and his pale skin is possibly the result of a skin disease he acquired.

Look no further at the true mastermind behind the war between Hoshido and Nohr.

It's all part of an evil plan to release some sort of powerful magic for her to use to wreck havoc across the world. Don't let the dancer's "innocence" fool you. It's all part of the facade. When you make your decision, she'll most likely support whatever army you go to as both paths will lead her to the end outcome.

Of course, if there's a third path and it goes against both armies, then this will throw off Dancer Lady's plan as this new path doesn't lead her to her goal so she will have to do everything in her power to return to her desired path.

Why else would Kamui be choking Dancer Lady at the end of the first trailer?

It's because Kamui discovered the truth, and is trying to undo the mistake he/she brought about.

Elezir

Beast/Dragon Stones have never had weapon advantage though. Hence no background.

It could even be that the traditional weapon triangle, Swords>Axe>Lance>Sword, is being totally replaced with a new weapon triangle of red>green>blue>red with different weapons of the same type having different backgrounds to them, so some swords could have a green background instead of a red background and the like, plus adding Bows to the equation in the traditional weapon triangle makes it no longer a true triangle (unless bows just plain get paired with axes) whereas the color scheme would keep it as a triangle and could even offer more flexibility to it since now we could, technically, get swords beating sword and stuff if this theory is correct and they wanted to do that. Even tomes could be brought into the weapon triangle rather then having a separate magic triangle. There is a bunch of potential with this theory.
I still have the impressions it would make these fancy green/red arrows that appear when you are attacking other unit redundant.it could be only me wanting the breakable stuff back in some form, though.
Either way, it could be representative that 'Iron' stuff are weaker to Steel stuff now, for example. (@Moydow, can you tell us the name of the weapons shown there, please?) It is strange that the background for the swords we have seem till now are all the same.

Hmm. Interesting idea. This being fire emblem, I can imagine something like that occurring. But the question is, what would the Nohr be trying to prevent? While we don't know all of the details, based on what we've seen the king doesn't seem to be the type of fellow to do something for the good of others without a hidden agenda. The guy seems to radiate evil.
Even if Ganon:4ganondorf: looks evil, I'd rather think it's only IS toying with our expectations and it turns out he's quite nice.:cheep:
even if I myself doubt it

Or at least give him solid reasons for any evils he may do, like Walhart. And doesn't make Hoshido to be the complete heroes or victims, and give it's politics, at least, real interests to be in that war. That would be enough for me.

The guy writing this story isn't the type to write black and white stuff, that's why I'm aware of this.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
But... but the king is a sweet and innocent old man. Look at him lending out his hand to help you get up. Just like Chrom did on the opening of Awakening.

I bet he visits Nohr's hospitals daily and blesses newborn children. As for the "menacing" look. Well... he has lived a very long life and his pale skin is possibly the result of a skin disease he acquired.
How cool would that be though?! If they built this guy up to be this huge evil overlord whose only seeking power, and then flip it completely on its head. Instead they show that he's actually a strict but fair and generous ruler who genuinely cares for his country and people. Perhaps his supposed "evilness" will be due to a deep hatred for the Hoshido, possibly due to some horrific transgression that the Hoshido did, and then quietly swept under the rug so that they could keep up their image of being a benevolent and peace loving people. Just some food for thought.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Glory seeker, red eyes, dark skin, claws, Ganondorf-esque armor...

I'll be very surprised if this isn't a villain.
Necessary because the people are suffering. Red eyes are just a natural eye color among Nohr royalty. Skin disease. He hates cutting his nails. He's a king so of course he needs awesome looking armor!

Praise King Garon!

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
How cool would that be though?! If they built this guy up to be this huge evil overlord whose only seeking power, and then flip it completely on its head. Instead they show that he's actually a strict but fair and generous ruler who genuinely cares for his country and people. Perhaps his supposed "evilness" will be due to a deep hatred for the Hoshido, possibly due to some horrific transgression that the Hoshido did, and then quietly swept under the rug so that they could keep up their image of being a benevolent and peace loving people. Just some food for thought.
That would be pretty awesome actually. It would kind of give a new meaning to what the king actually says in that scene, "I'll let you live, as my child."

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Furthermore look at these two pics again;

https://40.media.tumblr.com/ce554dd5c1026f2e5542b2b8941d47c2/tumblr_inline_nm8qnlNMUw1t9uwok_540.jpg
http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Jan_006.jpg

Isn't it a little off the both Kumai's sword and the girls sword have the same exact amount of green/red shaded in the box? If this was weapon durability wouldn't it be far more like for them to be different? It's possible, but not very probable.

I still have the impressions it would make these fancy green/red arrows that appear when you are attacking other unit redundant.it could be only me wanting the breakable stuff back in some form, though.
No more redundant then with the traditional weapon triangle.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Who knows.

But I do know that something is going on that will really have players consider who to join.

Top Bottom