• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Well... you managed to score an exclusive right? There's at least Toys R Us tomorrow for Greninja and everyone else. The time? I have no idea. I just stalk r/amiibo's new section. That's how I got Robin and Lucina from Best Buy.
Unfortunately, I don't think I can sweet talk my mom into sneaking into a store for Amiibos twice. Today was an awful experience.

At least I'll hopefully be able to find them online eventually. I'd be more worried about the exclusive Ness.
After reading some stuff from here, it seems that Robin and Lucina are shaping up to be the rarest amiibos yet.

The hunt for a Robin amiibo is looking like this:

Edited because this gif is accurate description of the whole Amiibo ordeal right now.
...Oh joy.

Why them specifically? They aren't even exclusives, and you'd think Nintendo would have learned by now...
So guys, I'm nominating Emmeryn for DLC. I think she'd make a...big impact.
:secretkpop:
Emmeryn dives into battle!
Emmeryn crashes in!
Emmeryn takes a leap of faith!
Emmeryn drops in!
Sorry not sorry.
After hearing that Toys R Us is doing online preorders sometime around 7-9am EST, I'm gonna try my luck with them. If I'm not able to secure a Robin or Lucina, I'm most likely going to shell out for an import/online buyer.

This amiibo situation is ridiculous
View attachment 45611
Seriously, this is somehow the most ludicrous wave yet. ESPECIALLY Robin and Lucina. At least Gold Mario was SUPPOSED to be rare. There is no excuse anymore. Nintendo should have learned by now.

EDIT: http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/318xku/nintendo_should_take_preorders_first_and_then/

Seriously, why the heck doesn't it work like this?

Last edited:

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
...Oh joy.

Why them specifically? They aren't even exclusives, and you'd think Nintendo would have learned by now...

Seriously, this is somehow the most ludicrous wave yet. ESPECIALLY Robin and Lucina. At least Gold Mario was SUPPOSED to be rare. There is no excuse anymore. Nintendo should have learned by now.
Well, seems like Fire Emblem amiibos in general are rather rare, so...:sadsheep:

Robin makes sense, though, because outside of amiibo, he has no official merchandise or anything like that. or at least, I haven't found none.

So, if you want a Robin figurine, you need to buy the amiibo.

On a side note, this wave sold out in less of a day even though it was only 1 amiibo per person? Heck, what the hell happened? Last wave stayed up for some days, at least!

Last edited:

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
Gods... guys, I was already having a hard time distinguishing everyone from each other with everyone having a Shaq icon, and now *quite a few of you* people have a Kamui icon. My low brain capacity can't process this.

....OH WELL I'LL JOIN THE KAMUI TRAIN TOO. Eventually. I'm hoping they can do the Nohr storyline well and Nohr isn't just filled with 2d villains. I hope my decision to take a risk by picking the Nohr route will pay off. P:
Hoshido seems cool and all, but they promised a better story with Nohr, plus I BELIEVE IN THE BONDS OF LOYALTY.

@Raziek AHAHAHAHA RIGHT. That picture.
... Well I guess it's time to redo it or find it again.

*edit: not most of you, my brain was just dying from seeing all the kamui

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Unfortunately, I don't think I can sweet talk my mom into sneaking into a store for Amiibos twice. Today was an awful experience.

At least I'll hopefully be able to find them online eventually. I'd be more worried about the exclusive Ness.

...Oh joy.

Emmeryn dives into battle!
Emmeryn crashes in!
Emmeryn takes a leap of faith!
Emmeryn drops in!
Sorry not sorry.

EDIT: http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/318xku/nintendo_should_take_preorders_first_and_then/

Seriously, why the heck doesn't it work like this?
Pokemon ORAS basically sums up the Amiibo crisis that we face...

Shaymikyu

All of the FE characters are rare, aren't they? That really stinks for FE fans.

No offense, but from what I've heard, their Amiibos don't seem to even be the best-made ones. I've heard of many a deformed sword Ike, and I know someone who even got one with a messed-up face. And Robin and Lucina's faces in the previews look... Off.

Maybe I'm just being sour grapes right now, though.

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Even though I'm going to be torturing myself by waking up around 7am tomorrow (I'm not a morning person at all,) I'm gonna try not to get super stressed about this wave anymore. I'll be willing to spend more for an import or for one online rather than stress the f- out over these amiibos.

The amiibos that I really want just so happen to be super frustrating to get and I'm starting to wonder why I'm worrying about it so much. Once I get my hands on the FE crew and the Pokemon that I want, I'm done with these things. All this rage and sodium will be over once I can get them. Eventually...

BindingShield

Smash Journeyman
NNID
M2TheC
Nintendo's Amiibo creators are not very good at making naturally proportioned human faces. The stickers, or whatever paint they use can be slightly off, resulting in a very disturbing image. Like Morth or what not.
What this means is that about 1/5th of the Robin Amiibos will look fabulous, 3/5ths will look just okay, and the last fifth will look like they went a few rounds with Chrom. And I'm not talking only the drink, I'm talking boxing too.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Wave 4 only lasted 7 minutes at Best Buy.
  • 4/2 1:30pm EST - Preorders for wave 4 go up on Bestbuy.com after a source posted on reddit. Source
  • 4/2 1:37pm EST - Wave 4 sold out on Bestbuy.com
And then there's all the chaos from Gamestop. Unbelievable...

Tomorrow is Toys R Us 7-9 am EST. Godspeed everyone.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist

No offense, but from what I've heard, their Amiibos don't seem to even be the best-made ones. I've heard of many a deformed sword Ike, and I know someone who even got one with a messed-up face. And Robin and Lucina's faces in the previews look... Off.

The only FE Amiibo that I thought looked off was the Marth one for obvious reasons. :p I actually own an Ike Amiibo and it's really well made. That or I just got lucky. Either way, they did a good job with Ike's Amiibo in terms of details. Robin and Lucina look pretty good too but promotional photo's can be deceiving. Until we have them in our hands, it's uncertain if they will meet our standards.

Elezir

I'd probably blame it on Nintendo not making enough FE amiibos because it's not THE Nintendo franchise.
But I feel like they aren't doing enough amiibos in general, period.
The demand for these figurines is just too damn high, and Nintendo is no toys company to know how to deal with it.
I may be saying nonsense, but they should hire the help of an actual toy's company to meet the demand. Maybe even the quality will get better, too.

Shaymikyu

Even though I'm going to be torturing myself by waking up around 7am tomorrow (I'm not a morning person at all,) I'm gonna try not to get super stressed about this wave anymore. I'll be willing to spend more for an import or for one online rather than stress the f- out over these amiibos.

The amiibos that I really want just so happen to be super frustrating to get and I'm starting to wonder why I'm worrying about it so much. Once I get my hands on the FE crew and the Pokemon that I want, I'm done with these things. All this rage and sodium will be over once I can get them. Eventually...
Yeah, I think I'll just play patient with Robin, myself. I'm not even going to bother waking up early since I doubt I'll get them in that time and don't want to put my mom through heck twice. I still want him badly, but I think it'll be easier playing the waiting game than rushing it right now. I'm still somewhat confident that Nintendo will try to produce more of the FE ones to hype up Codename STEAM more, and that's not even taking into consideration the likelihood of Amiibos being usable for If or SMT x FE.
Nintendo's Amiibo creators are not very good at making naturally proportioned human faces. The stickers, or whatever paint they use can be slightly off, resulting in a very disturbing image. Like Morth or what not.
What this means is that about 1/5th of the Robin Amiibos will look fabulous, 3/5ths will look just okay, and the last fifth will look like they went a few rounds with Chrom. And I'm not talking only the drink, I'm talking boxing too.
So we will have Raben to go with Morf?

And that's why I'm happy my two favorite characters in the game are super cartoony. Ness' preview looks perfect.

Shaymikyu

I'd probably blame it on Nintendo not making enough FE amiibos because it's not THE Nintendo franchise.
I feel the need to post this again.

Though to be honest, I've been seeing way more Luigis than Marios lately.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Yeah, I think I'll just play patient with Robin, myself. I'm not even going to bother waking up early since I doubt I'll get them in that time and don't want to put my mom through heck twice. I still want him badly, but I think it'll be easier playing the waiting game than rushing it right now. I'm still somewhat confident that Nintendo will try to produce more of the FE ones to hype up Codename STEAM more, and that's not even taking into consideration the likelihood of Amiibos being usable for If or SMT x FE.

So we will have Raben to go with Morf?

And that's why I'm happy my two favorite characters in the game are super cartoony. Ness' preview looks perfect.
In reality, I don't think I'll have much luck with it either. It's more just me clinging on to false hope, but I figured I should at the very least try to preorder them.

I just hope if I do land a pre-order, they don't get pushed back like my Ike did. Still waiting for him. :c

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

In reality, I don't think I'll have much luck with it either. It's more just me clinging on to false hope, but I figured I should at the very least try to preorder them.

I just hope if I do land a pre-order, they don't get pushed back like my Ike did. :c
Good luck. I might just push off Robin until Christmas if I can since that's the one time I can get away with asking for something slightly pricier.

At least I'll have 2/4 of my mains, 3/4 if Lucas' Amiibo is about the same in terms of getting it as Ness'.

And Monado Boy should be here next week, so that's one I'll have physically to sate my hunger until Ness comes.:4ness:

Hong

The Strongest
2016 sure is far away.

Oh Hong, you sound just like two of my siblings. They too find it difficult to receive praise or compliments and they often just ignore them. You don't have to say anything, senpai. Your love for us all is more than enough of a response to our admiration towards you. Heck, even just your presence and wise words of wisdom is a simple way of you showing your affection. So please, just keep being you because you truly are awesome and I deeply respect you, difficulty receiving praise and all. I love you, Hong, as do many of my fellow tacticians who grace this social thread. <3

I suppose in my case, mianzi is permanently hard-coded into my mind.

Shaymikyu

Who wants Mario, anyway?:troll:
I actually like Mario.:urg: I think his Amiibo is neat and he just missed the cut for my sig. He and Marth are my top two secondaries.

But yeah, it is annoying how he not only has four versions while some characters you can barely find their only one, but that for a while, it was practically the only Amiibo you could find.

Yoshi I think might beat out Mario in terms of number of different Amiibos now, though.

D

Deleted member

Wave 4 only lasted 7 minutes at Best Buy.
  • 4/2 1:30pm EST - Preorders for wave 4 go up on Bestbuy.com after a source posted on reddit. Source
  • 4/2 1:37pm EST - Wave 4 sold out on Bestbuy.com
And then there's all the chaos from Gamestop. Unbelievable...

Tomorrow is Toys R Us 7-9 am EST. Godspeed everyone.
A NEW RECORD!

After Robin, I am done with this amiibo crap.
Some characters are really hard to get.
Scalpers everywhere are buying amiibos and reselling them at a high price.
Nintendo hasn't been supplying the hefty demand for amiibos.
Just... damn it, Nintendo. I shouldn't be waiting on line for an hour because of server issues at a GameStop for one figurine. I shouldn't have to buy a Japanese Robin on Amazon. I shouldn't have to wake up at 7 to 9 just to go on the Toys R Us website just to pre-order Robin. I shouldn't see Wave 4 pre-orders last for 7 minutes at one store. This was honestly my breaking point.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Wait's patiently for pre-orders of the Robin and Lucina Amiibo's to show up on Amazon as the chaos unfolds around me. :evil:

Shaymikyu

A NEW RECORD!

After Robin, I am done with this amiibo crap.
Some characters are really hard to get.
Scalpers everywhere are buying amiibos and reselling them at a high price.
Nintendo hasn't been supplying the hefty demand for amiibos.
Just... damn it, Nintendo. I shouldn't be waiting on line for an hour because of server issues at a GameStop for one figurine. I shouldn't have to buy a Japanese Robin on Amazon. I shouldn't have to wake up at 7 to 9 just to go on the Toys R Us website just to pre-order Robin. I shouldn't see Wave 4 pre-orders last for 7 minutes at one store. This was honestly my breaking point.
Isn't the point of preorders to:
A. Guarantee that you'll be able to get something instead of chancing it by getting it when it's out in stores?
2. Gauge the demand and THEN produce the product to try and meet said demand?

Last edited:

Elezir

I actually like Mario.:urg: I think his Amiibo is neat and he just missed the cut for my sig. He and Marth are my top two secondaries.

But yeah, it is annoying how he not only has four versions while some characters you can barely find their only one, but that for a while, it was practically the only Amiibo you could find.

Yoshi I think might beat out Mario in terms of number of different Amiibos now, though.
All while :4robinf: gets no amiibo :troll:
...okay, I'll stop now

Seriously, though, it shouldn't come off as a surprise that Mario gets all these amiibos. And then they pool because most people are interested in other amiibos.

Wait's patiently for pre-orders of the Robin and Lucina Amiibo's to show up on Amazon as the chaos unfolds around me. :evil:

What? You think Amazon pre orders aren't going to be a mess too?
Just read around reddit. Most people who doesn't get them will try at Amazon later, too.
and by the looks of it, you have a lot of competition.

Such optimism:happysheep:But since it's you, Syrek, it's alright.
I pray for your sucess.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

...okay, I'll stop now

Seriously, though, it shouldn't come off as a surprise that Mario gets all these amiibos. And then they pool because most people are interested in other amiibos.

Just read around reddit. Most people who doesn't get them will try at Amazon later, too.
and by the looks of it, you have a lot of competition.

Such optimism:happysheep:
Honestly, the fact that we don't have a :4robinf: Amiibo is the only thing subduing my salt a little over this whole thing.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
...okay, I'll stop now

Such optimism:happysheep:
It's not just optimism, my dear Elezir. I've pre-ordered many rare Amiibo's on Amazon in the past such as Pit, Captain Falcon and Ike. I received ALL of those Amiibo's without any problems whatsoever. As long as I pre-ordered them well in advance, I was golden. I was never told once that my pre-order was cancelled or that I would have to wait for months on end. I got them relatively quickly after they released in stores and was a happy boy.

So yes, I'm VERY confident that I won't have any troubles pre-ordering Robin and Lucina on Amazon. I will obtain what I desire. :evil:

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
unrelated, but I always like seeing what gifs you'll come up with as response to our posts, they always guarantee a nice laugh (or something cutesy when animals are involved).
I'm kinda glad I don't have to go through your amiibo struggles guys, I just never really cared for their function and overall decorative value, and after reading all this horror stories of rarity and whatnot...it's nice I don't have to go through such, errr, "consumer stress".
I'm really not much of a figurine persons given their crazy prices, even if some can look really nice, now plushies are a completely different story.

Elezir

Well, even though I really wanted to, I can't exactly preorder amiibos from where I live, since most stores don't ship to my country, so I can only follow the struggles of people who can. its kinda funny sometimes.
If I really desire to, I will probably have to order :4robinm: or :4ness: from Japan, by the looks of it.

It's not just optimism, my dear Elezir. I've pre-ordered many rare Amiibo's on Amazon in the past such as Pit, Captain Falcon and Ike. I received ALL of those Amiibo's without any problems whatsoever. As long as I pre-ordered them well in advance, I was golden. I was never told once that my pre-order was cancelled or that I would have to wait for months on end. I got them relatively quickly after they released in stores and was a happy boy.

So yes, I'm VERY confident that I won't have any troubles pre-ordering Robin and Lucina on Amazon. I will obtain what I desire. :evil:

Unfortunately, I can't see the image you put there, but....

Syrek being Syrek.

Last edited:

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I should really think about going to bed since I'll be waking up early...

At least I won't be upset for long after tomorrow since there's an anime convention running this weekend, so I'll have something to take my mind off these things. I'm now bent on just going for importing them so I'm starting to feel better already.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I should really think about going to bed since I'll be waking up early...

At least I won't be upset for long after tomorrow since there's an anime convention running this weekend, so I'll have something to take my mind off these things. I'm now bent on just going for importing them so I'm starting to feel better already.
Oh nice! I actually just went to my first ever anime con this last weekend! Pray tell, who will you be cosplaying?

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I'm seriouasly amazed, just by looking at Shaymikyu Shaymikyu 's picture, at just how much a little visual change such as giving Lucas a soft smile can turn his personality around.
He went from being a perturbed, haunted child, to becoming the wonder boy of swaginess.
"No crying until the end you say?, heh, you'll be the one crying once YOUR story ends!" :4lucas:

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I do feel like a jerk for saying it, but I managed to preorder both Robin and Lucina without any hassle.

I know it sounds like bragging, but it does make me sad to see so many others struggling to even find those Amiibos to the point that I feel bad for even mentioning it.

Shaymikyu

I'm seriouasly amazed, just by looking at Shaymikyu Shaymikyu 's picture, at just how much a little visual change such as giving Lucas a soft smile can turn his personality around.
He went from being a perturbed, haunted child, to becoming the wonder boy of swaginess.
"No crying until the end you say?, heh, you'll be the one crying once YOUR story ends!" :4lucas:
One of the first things I noticed in the trailer (once I calmed down obviously) was Lucas smiling. It's kind of heartwarming. I feel like this time they took more inspiration from Lucas after he developed into a stronger person.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I do feel like a jerk for saying it, but I managed to preorder both Robin and Lucina without any hassle.

I know it sounds like bragging, but it does make me sad to see so many others struggling to even find those Amiibos to the point that I feel bad for even mentioning it.
I don't think the issue is managing to preorder them as much as keeping that preorder going. Just ask NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy for his Ike amiibo shenanigans.
Also i made up my mind and voted for the only true realistic candidate possible:
FB_IMG_1428037828057.jpg

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Don't feel bad. It's not your fault the Amiibos are a huge mess. You never came across as bragging.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
As far as SMT X FE goes... Honestly I think I'm more interested in it now than I was before. I didn't know what to expect. This is completely different what I expected, and I kinda like it. It doesn't show off exactly how it connects SMT and FE, but I like how its Fire Emblem characters in a new setting. That's probably the thing I like most about it right now. I can ignore the fanservice, I do it all the time. Plus its a Wii U RPG.

But I'm definitely more interested in If.

EDIT: And yeah I didn't get the Amiibo either. Best Buy sold out while I was trying to get into my account, couldn't get onto Gamestop and the nearest Gamestop is an hour drive round trip.

Last edited:

Elezir

What @ Shaymikyu Shaymikyu said :cheep:
Do show us the amiibos when you get them, alrighty?
I need to know if they are as derpy as the official images show it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom