• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Browsing through the old posts, and my first post in this social had this little gem.

Robin does have the niche everyone wanted, in that he/she can wield both magic and swords, but Robin also takes it a step further and is capable of learning to use every weapon, thanks to Robin's access to nearly every class. A reason for why Robin can do this is even implied in the canon. So giving Robin hammerspace-access properties and having Robin use all the various weapons that Fire Emblem is known for was an idea I always liked, and could set Robin apart from the rest, and is a reason I would prefer Robin over any other newcomer.

Stick out a Short Spear for Fair. Use a quick Elwind for Bair. Swipe with an Imposing Axe for the Dtilt. Ignis-boosted Levin Sword strike for Side Special. The sheer amount of possibilities with the Fire Emblem weapons makes Robin so captivating to think of a moveset for, and for me it'd be saddening if Robin was in, but with only a sword and tome in hand.

Kinda jinxed that from the start, didn't I? :V

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
The Amiibos didn't even have an arrive date last I checked. Much like that Pikachu themed HORI GameCube controller, they're just in limbo.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
As far as SMT X FE goes... Honestly I think I'm more interested in it now than I was before. I didn't know what to expect. This is completely different what I expected, and I kinda like it. It doesn't show off exactly how it connects SMT and FE, but I like how its Fire Emblem characters in a new setting. That's probably the thing I like most about it right now. I can ignore the fanservice, I do it all the time. Plus its a Wii U RPG.

But I'm definitely more interested in If.

EDIT: And yeah I didn't get the Amiibo either. Best Buy sold out while I was trying to get into my account, couldn't get onto Gamestop and the nearest Gamestop is an hour drive round trip.
SMTxFE could be the best RPG of all time, but for all i care,if it doesn't have Jack Frost, i ain't buying it :4dedede:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
:4palutena: help us the day Nintendo decides they can make an amiibo for each exiting pokemon.
If things are dire now imagine if they were crazy enough to try it... *shudders*
Every store in North America gets exactly one Feebas.

Six months later, it's the only one left on the shelf.

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Okay, now that April Fools is over and I've calmed down immensely after that amazing direct, I'll post my thoughts about everything that's transpired. :colorful:

I think one of few here that is fervently looking forward to SMT X FE, and it's made me very happy that Atlus and Intelligent Systems assuaged my fears of this game's fate with the Direct. I was kinda expecting something along the lines of the SMT characters summoning the FE crew via the Einherjar cards, so I wasn't too far off with that idea, except they're actual demons instead... :eek: It's true that the trailer could've shown more on the FE side, but I was pretty satisfied with the subtle hints so far. Speaking of which, I've heard some mention how the main guy is reminiscent of Sigurd/Marth, but I'm starting to think he's actually Chrom:

Now onto IF... just about everything looks incredible so far, but I'm hoping that we get the complete version in the West; I'm really disappointed that Nintendo took this route for the latest FE games by dicing it up into DLC. I'll still get the game(s) don't get me wrong, but it's frustrating to see this tbh. Even more disheartening news is that neither Robin or Lucina Amiibos are available anywhere here. :(

In other non-FE stuff, I am beyond elated that DK64 is going to be available on VC because it's a game I'm very fond of back in the day. Emulating it sucks and I don't have a N64 anymore, so I can't wait to play this game again. :)
AND I NEED THAT YOSHI PLUSH AMIIBO! IT'S SO FLUFFY! :4yoshi:

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Okay, now that April Fools is over and I've calmed down immensely after that amazing direct, I'll post my thoughts about everything that's transpired. :colorful:

I think one of few here that is fervently looking forward to SMT X FE, and it's made me very happy that Atlus and Intelligent Systems assuaged my fears of this game's fate with the Direct. I was kinda expecting something along the lines of the SMT characters summoning the FE crew via the Einherjar cards, so I wasn't too far off with that idea, except they're actual demons instead... :eek: It's true that the trailer could've shown more on the FE side, but I was pretty satisfied with the subtle hints so far. Speaking of which, I've heard some mention how the main guy is reminiscent of Sigurd/Marth, but I'm starting to think he's actually Chrom:

Now onto IF... just about everything looks incredible so far, but I'm hoping that we get the complete version in the West; I'm really disappointed that Nintendo took this route for the latest FE games by dicing it up into DLC. I'll still get the game(s) don't get me wrong, but it's frustrating to see this tbh. Even more disheartening is that neither Robin or Lucina Amiibos are available anywhere here. :(

In other non-FE stuff, I am beyond elated that DK64 is going to be available on VC because it's a game I'm very fond of back in the day. Emulating it sucks and I don't have a N64 anymore, so I can't wait to play this game again. :)
AND I NEED THAT YOSHI PLUSH AMIIBO! IT'S SO FLUFFY! :4yoshi:
I don't think the FE characters are "demons" or whatever, but they're the actual main characters (they've just got more modern designs). Though some characters DO appear to be demons, such as Gangrel and maybe Aversa.

I'm really looking forward to SMT X FE as well, and I think the Tiki snippet briefly shows off the more fantasy side that will play a bigger role later on and we'll learn more about later on.

I'm not sure who the main character is. My thoughts keep jumping between Marth, Sigurd, and sometimes even Celiph. The general consensus is that Chrom is the mysterious masked figure seen twice briefly during the trailer, but I'm not sure about it.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I know what would change your mind.

[EDIT]: Resized to be reasonable.
... what have you done..
This feeling of bloodlust...
Could a man be so cruel to kill his own kin over a plastic figurine?
Today my humanity has betrayed me, as my desire for a non existent figurine is driving me to want to deatroy my fellow tactician Raven...

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Could a man be so cruel to kill his own kin over a plastic figurine?
BREAKING NEWS

MAN FOUND DEAD, REASONING BIZARRE

"A man was found with multiple wounds, dead in his house. Witnesses say there was a bird thing with a luchador like mask, downing hamburgers while savagely engaging in close combat with the man, yelling over an "Amiibo". What this means is unclear, though it can be assumed that the "Amiibo" was the cause of the tragedy. Authorities are searching for this bird thing in hopes of bringing it to justice...or at least stuff it in a cage."

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
BREAKING NEWS

"A man was found with multiple wounds, dead in his house. Witnesses say there was a bird thing with a luchador like mask, downing hamburgers while savagely engaging in close combat with the man, yelling over an "Amiibo". What this means is unclear, though it can be assumed that the "Amiibo" was the cause of the tragedy. Authorities are searching for this bird thing in hopes of bringing it to justice...or at least stuff it in a cage."
Honestly, that sounds about accurate to what's going on with Amiibos.:4lemmy:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Whoa, i notice a lot of people getting into the new FE spirit. I wonder if the personal MU avatar like the one's we did for Robin will come back. (i.e the avatar @Pikachewy99 drew for me and @ Shaymikyu Shaymikyu )

Also guys, this the Smash Ballot, when it says 500 characters, does it man 500 words or 500 characters? ANd if characters, does it mean with or without spaces?

So guys, I'm nominating Emmeryn for DLC. I think she'd make a...big impact.
:secretkpop:
How could you?

Here we go again
After reading some stuff from here, it seems that Robin and Lucina are shaping up to be the rarest amiibos yet.

The hunt for a Robin amiibo is looking like this:

Edited because this gif is accurate description of the whole Amiibo ordeal right now.
After hearing that Toys R Us is doing online preorders sometime around 7-9am EST, I'm gonna try my luck with them. If I'm not able to secure a Robin or Lucina, I'm most likely going to shell out for an import/online buyer.

This amiibo situation is ridiculous
View attachment 45611
I'm just sitting watching all of you in pain, wonder when I will decide to get my own amibo's.
I think that Robin's amibo haven't even arrived in Australia yet.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Also guys, this the Smash Ballot, when it says 500 characters, does it man 500 words or 500 characters? ANd if characters, does it mean with or without spaces?
Just tested it. 500 characters, spaces count.
Slow night.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428

I love you all the same, just bad with receiving compliments or praise I suppose. Whenever people say anything nice about me even IRL I just kind of freeze up or I pretend I didn't hear it.
It could be worse.

You could start throwing out random insults...

Though you'd still be more adorable than even Chopper.

Warning: BIG.

Robin? Who's that?
Somebody who can affort boots. :p

Why, artist of this game and awakening, must you always make these weird, very small additions that almost ruin the otherwise good design for me?
Would you please stop rolling dice to determine which article of clothing you completely remove/rstick random metal bits on, please?

Ahem, sorry for that little rant.
I am still fully aboard the hype train and am sure Kamui will be a swell main character.
But I sure as hell won't abandon Robin for somebody I don't even know yet.
Even IF - and I want to make this absolutely clear - even IF that somebody can turn into a dragon and fights with swords and wears plate armor and is probably a bit customisable.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Why, artist of this game and awakening, must you always make these weird, very small additions that almost ruin the otherwise good design for me?
Would you please stop rolling dice to determine which article of clothing you completely remove/rstick random metal bits on, please?
I feel the same. I get that they're trying do fanservice, but it looks just plain weird.

Earlier FE characters had their share of fanservice, but their armor/clothes never looked nonsensical. :laugh:

:231:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Oh nice! I actually just went to my first ever anime con this last weekend! Pray tell, who will you be cosplaying?
I wasn't planning on cosplaying anyone for this con, but if I'm going to cosplay it would be as Robin for today.

And in other news, imports for toys r us apparently went up around 3:30 am. Greninija and FE are sold out. Dream is dead, going to import them.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Uhh guys... Toys R Us pre orders were leaked overnight...

Looking at this comment from another thread, they went up around 3:09 am EST. Apparently :4pacman: survived the longest but he still got sold out.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
SON OF A BANDIT.

I had no chance. I didn't even snag a SINGLE wave 4 amiibo.

ydcAmz3.gif

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
BREAKING NEWS

I remember reading a story on r/amiibo where two men got into a fight at a Target over amiibo. It's been awhile so I don't fully remember the details but it went along the lines of this:

Father brings his son to Target. He gets his child a Yoshi amiibo. A second man comes and tries to steal Yoshi from the child. Father catches thief and the two engage into a fight. Police arrive and arrested both men. Witness reports fight on r/amiibo.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Father brings his son to Target. He gets his child a Yoshi amiibo. A second man comes and tries to steal Yoshi from the child. Father catches thief and the two engage into a fight. Police arrive and arrested both men. Witness reports fight on r/amiibo.

First off:

Now, to get into a fistfight over AMIIBOS.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
The love of amiibos is he root of all evil.

Remember that, brothers and sisters.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

My list for amiibos that I don't have physically or preordered went from a rather large list to Robin, Lucas, and MAYBE Lucina. It's just not worth the heck to get a piece of plastic aside from characters I really love who never get merchandise as it is. Still might grab ones I don't have that I see on shelves, though. Waiting for Kirby to stock somewhere again because I swear he was common, but employees I've talked to are confident that he won't become rare.

yaystrawberrypie

Smash Cadet
NNID
[MFiC]ySP
@ Hong Hong I like to think of them as little statues I can put on display on my desk or mantle. Also, I'm going to enter mine in an amiibo tournament today!

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I enjoy owning merch. of my favorite characters.

Eventually, I plan on selling them after they get out of production. People will pay crazy money for those things.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
My fellow tacticians! Put your Amiibo worries to rest for a moment as you look upon this sexy Xenoblade Chronicles X artwork. :happysheep:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
If I got some merch for some of my favorite characters, I'd probably get plush versions just because they're comfortable.

My fellow tacticians! Put your Amiibo worries to rest for a moment as you look upon this sexy Xenoblade Chronicles X artwork. :happysheep:

I'm just ready to throw them my money for the game. And the soundtrack for it is being dished out on 4 CDs...mmmm

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
*Heavy Breathing*
Too bad it won't come till 2016 :4dedede:
Well considering the game comes out in Japan this month, I feel confident we'll see it this year in both NA and EU. :101:

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Well considering the game comes out in Japan this month, I feel confident we'll see it this year in both NA and EU. :101:
It may become Nintendo's leading Holiday 2015 title since that is no longer the case for Zelda Wii U.

Shaymikyu

I enjoy owning merch. of my favorite characters.

Eventually, I plan on selling them after they get out of production. People will pay crazy money for those things.
This, basically, especially since many of them are characters I love who have pretty much no merchandise as it is. How often do I get the chance to get a Ness or Lucas figure? Especially as a Mother fan, this is huge for me.

At least I managed to get Ness...

*still waiting on the original*:colorful:

With If not coming out this year and a new Pokemon game that interests me not on the horizon (Pokken hasn't gotten Wii U confirmation yet), chances are I'll get X if I love the original enough, though.
*Heavy Breathing*
Too bad it won't come till 2016 :4dedede:
Wait, 2016!? Well, guess I'll not get it this year then.

Last edited:
Top Bottom