• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Hokori

Great King of Evil

I am very disappointed in many of you.

Have some FAITH, for crying out loud! The SECOND people started talking about split versions y'all mother****ers started losing your minds claiming they've come to milk us for all our money.

When has Nintendo EVER done that? When has INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS EVER DONE THAT?!

You know what I see when I see that? I see MASSIVE INVOLVED STORYLINES ripe for the playing. So different and distinct that they WARRANT being split, not just like a 6-chapter split in Sacred Stones.

HAVE SOME FAITH.

BELIEVE IN RED-HAIRED PEGASUS WAIFU

BELIEVE IN @Pikachewy99 one day finishing that drawing of Hong and I!!!
Damn. I must've missed out on some split-version salt. Figures, since I rarely read the posts I miss when leaving a thread for a while.

But yeah, the split-version thing doesn't bother me at all exactly. Mainly because of:

"You know what I see when I see that? I see MASSIVE INVOLVED STORYLINES ripe for the playing. So different and distinct that they WARRANT being split, not just like a 6-chapter split in Sacred Stones."

So yeah. I'm hype. For the game, and for that drawing...

I think.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I would main the HELL out of Kamui!
Kamui being a Dragon would contractually obligate me to play them a LOT.

Which is why I dabble in Charizard every now and again.

True story.

Well, maybe I also like how it plays and Red was one of my most played characters in Brawl alongside Ike, Snake and Wolf. Particularly Charizard, though I would use Squirtle and Ivysaur when I didn't have a good opportunity to switch.

Honestly though? Not diggin how elky Kamui's dragon form looks. It's not bad per se, and I particularly appreciate that it's not a bat-dragon that where made popular with Skyrim (the ones with wings between their arms instead of a proper additional set) but it's one of those overdesigned things that kinda bugged me about Awakening. I can see past that, however, just like I did the armor designs in FE:A.

Just makes him look like somebody will throw a pokéball at him/her from offscreen, is all.
Which, coincidentally, might actually happen if he/she ever make it into Smash.
And that thought makes me smile. :3

I think it's 100% reasonable for people to judge SMTxFE based off a two minute trailer.

That's how the entertainment industry is. Game design in general obeys the five minute rule, where a game has failed if it has not captured the player's interest in five minutes. It might sound harsh, but it's true, and I think it's fair. When it comes to a trailer, IMO this should not be lessened; it should be magnified. You have two minutes to capture their attention... which is actually rather generous. A lot of people will drop off in one.

The trailer is not at all conclusive of the gameplay, and little of the story, but it doesn't have to be. The trailer already gives you conclusive information on things like art direction and the surface level of writing. For me, art direction alone is enough to ruin a game for me, which I think is perfectly okay. Just the same, if I never played a Fire Emblem game before and I was looking at Shadow Dragon, I'd never try the series. Knowing that I have actually played the game, I can still say I can't get over the art direction or animation, despite the overall decent Fire Emblem experience in terms of story and mechanics.

That said, I don't think @ S Syrek or anyone should be upset over scrutiny. It's like this: The people who make negative remarks on SMTxFE, but are interested in SMT and/or FE are still going to follow the progress of he game. I don't think people have written it off, even if some say they have (few do). They can say they have lost interest, and they probably have, and they have plenty of reason to have lost interest... But if they actually care about either series, they'll still be looking for information as it is available, if not as much as someone who is more interested.

As for people who are not fans of SMT or FE, whether they are interested in the game is free of bias, for the better. They'll have a clean perspective and find themselves utterly devoid of expectations related there-of. I would go so far as to say that the trailer has done reasonably well for this demography.

Hell, if I let people's opinion on Etrian Mystery Dungeon affect my mood, I'd be a miserable person. But I don't, because it's just a game. It's not a living thing. It doesn't have any feelings to be hurt. It will be fine. People will have their opinions on a game. People who are shutting it down or writing it off will say their piece and be gone within a week. The rest of us who are actually buying the game will still be around after it ships.Aww. Come here, you.~

Oh, @ Hong Hong . Never change that part of you that likes to look at things from as many angles as possible and takes the time to share your gained wisdom with other people.

BindingShield

Smash Journeyman
NNID
M2TheC

I am very disappointed in many of you.

Have some FAITH, for crying out loud! The SECOND people started talking about split versions y'all mother****ers started losing your minds claiming they've come to milk us for all our money.

When has Nintendo EVER done that? When has INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS EVER DONE THAT?!

You know what I see when I see that? I see MASSIVE INVOLVED STORYLINES ripe for the playing. So different and distinct that they WARRANT being split, not just like a 6-chapter split in Sacred Stones.

HAVE SOME FAITH.

BELIEVE IN RED-HAIRED PEGASUS WAIFU

BELIEVE IN @Pikachewy99 one day finishing that drawing of Hong and I!!!
That red headed Pegasus Knight is probably your sister. Same with the Nohrian purple haired girl that people are immediately waifuing, only she's not blood related. I'll wait and see which person is worth going for with Kamui!
But anyways... Dual paths means virtually two Fire Emblem games in one! Let's look at this fairly. IS is not EA. If they're two games, they have enough difference in level design, characters recruited, ect to be warrant a second game. Besides, if you buy one you get a discount, right?
I'll get mad if they reveal that the two games are virtually identical with the only difference being the color of the soldiers changing. Until then, I believe.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Oh, @ Hong Hong . Never change that part of you that likes to look at things from as many angles as possible and takes the time to share your gained wisdom with other people.

When people say things like that I am more worried about sounding incredibly stupid but no one wants to say anything versus how I would have felt otherwise.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428

When people say things like that I am more worried about sounding incredibly stupid but no one wants to say anything versus how I would have felt otherwise.
But I'm not being condescending... :sadsheep:
You really are awesome.
And I will keep hugging you, even if your weirdly distended abdomen explodes it's green volatile goo all over me. :baneling:

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Wait, so Kamui was born in the Hoshido clan, then kidnapped by Nohr in infancy, and raised up by the Nohr even though his bloodline is Hoshido? And he must choose which side to fight against?

*Drama intensifies*

Weeman

Smash Crusader
"Man seriously 2 versions!!!??? Intelligent Systems are such a bunch of money grubbing asshats!
Like seriously? going Pokémon now, and to top it all, it comes ourt first in Japan!?!!"

I saw that in Sereneforest no joke.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Kamui being a Dragon would contractually obligate me to play them a LOT.

Which is why I dabble in Charizard every now and again.

True story.

Well, maybe I also like how it plays and Red was one of my most played characters in Brawl alongside Ike, Snake and Wolf. Particularly Charizard, though I would use Squirtle and Ivysaur when I didn't have a good opportunity to switch.

Honestly though? Not diggin how elky Kamui's dragon form looks. It's not bad per se, and I particularly appreciate that it's not a bat-dragon that where made popular with Skyrim (the ones with wings between their arms instead of a proper additional set) but it's one of those overdesigned things that kinda bugged me about Awakening. I can see past that, however, just like I did the armor designs in FE:A.

Just makes him look like somebody will throw a pokéball at him/her from offscreen, is all.
Which, coincidentally, might actually happen if he/she ever make it into Smash.
And that thought makes me smile. :3
Yes I do wish Kamui's dragon form was a bit more, dragon-y. Maybe more of a Blue Eyes White Dragon look.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Wait, so Kamui was born in the Hoshido clan, then kidnapped by Nohr in infancy, and raised up by the Nohr even though his bloodline is Hoshido? And he must choose which side to fight against?

*Drama intensifies*
Yeah, that seems to be part of the plot, for now.

I'm betting he was kidnapped because of dragon awesomeness.:awesome:

I still not sure of what to think about this game having two ver---oh, who I'm kidding. I personally hate it.:sadsheep:
With how game's prices inflates to stupidly high numbers in my region (even digitally) chances are that I'll have to pick only one version, even if I'm dying to play both sides.

That, and I'm still looking for a legimate reason to warrant two versions of the same game. If the path spliting in this game works like Devil Survivor, for example, I will be throughly displeased, because they don't need to make two versions of the game for that.
And then we have that Limited version laughing at our faces, proof that both paths can coexist in one single version:sadsheep:It just makes me sad.

Seeing how the digital version works, I'm betting we buy the whole game, but one of the paths comes already blocked out, and you need to buy the dlc just to unblock said path.

"Man seriously 2 versions!!!??? Intelligent Systems are such a bunch of money grubbing ******s!
Like seriously? going Pokémon now, and to top it all, it comes ourt first in Japan!?!!"

I saw that in Sereneforest no joke.
This is a bit too much, though.

Last edited:

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Grrr...I wanna speak my mind about various things, but I'm having trouble putting it in words while dealing with life stuff.:cry: (And I'm not on a PC atm)
One thing I'll say is I'm really glad enemies will have the pair up, as it seemed too one-sided and broken when only you could use this feature.
I honestly thought the bit yesterday was one hundred percent prank. Pretty hype that it's not.
Needs the dogs back though.
Wha? Where have you been? :crazy: Guess it doesn't help they haven't really shown it off outside of Japan yet.
Looking forward to the game.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
But I'm not being condescending... :sadsheep:
You really are awesome.
And I will keep hugging you, even if your weirdly distended abdomen explodes it's green volatile goo all over me. :baneling:

I love you all the same, just bad with receiving compliments or praise I suppose. Whenever people say anything nice about me even IRL I just kind of freeze up or I pretend I didn't hear it.
damn that default female avatar in Fire Emblem if looks hot

Here's the full scale of both:

Warning: BIG.

Robin? Who's that?

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Am I the only person who knows jack about SMT but still wants to experience SMTxFE anyway?

I really don't care for the division in opinions present here. I just want to play it, ya know?

Same for IF.

CosmicFuzz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Masterphailure
3DS FC
4511-1602-4990
So I've been away for a while but holy moly guys, that If trailer...

Elezir

Am I the only person who knows jack about SMT but still wants to experience SMTxFE anyway?

I really don't care for the division in opinions present here. I just want to play it, ya know?

Same for IF.
That's...completely alrighty:roll:
You shouldn't really care about these opinions if you just want to play it, of course.
That's the reason it's called an 'opinion'.

Of course, people will still share their impressions and 'what not' to discuss.

Now, you really should remedy this lack of SMT in your life sometime:troll:
I say everyone who hasn't played SMT (I'm not talking about only mainline here, either. Spin offs of SMT are pretty good on their own) here should.

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Here's hoping the Kamui name doesn't get translated.

Kamui roughly translates to "Authority of a God", and the name has potential with the plot they're aiming for. Kamui was born to the glory-seeking Saiyan race Nohr people - naturally, they'd name a potential paragon such as this person Kamui as a reflection that their conquests are done with the blessings of Gods. But then, Kamui is taken/lost at a young age, and is picked up by and raised by the peaceful Hoshido Kingdom. To have a person with such great potential and kindness dropped right on their doorstep...it's like the gods are telling them that this young child is a savior and assurance from the heavens above that they will be safe, so they name the lad Kamui as an act of faith and unknown irony.

This has vast amounts of potential symbolism, and I don't want that squandered by the translation team thinking Kamui sounds too foreign. :X

Elezir

Here's hoping the Kamui name doesn't get translated.

Kamui roughly translates to "Authority of a God", and the name has potential with the plot they're aiming for. Kamui was born to the glory-seeking Saiyan race Nohr people - naturally, they'd name a potential paragon such as this person Kamui as a reflection that their conquests are done with the blessings of Gods. But then, Kamui is taken/lost at a young age, and is picked up by and raised by the peaceful Hoshido Kingdom. To have a person with such great potential and kindness dropped right on their doorstep...it's like the gods are telling them that this young child is a savior and assurance from the heavens above that they will be safe, so they name the lad Kamui as an act of faith and unknown irony.

This has vast amounts of potential symbolism, and I don't want that squandered by the translation team thinking Kamui sounds too foreign. :X
Actually, Kamui was born to Hoshido and kidnapped by Nohr

What you said still stands, though, so it's s'okay.:happysheep:

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks

*Drama intensifies*
I was assuming that it was like Apokolips and New Genesis from DC where the families traded Orion and Mr. Miracle for peace. So Kamui was traded for another baby or something like that.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

If that's Chrom...

Oh my gosh guys. You broke him finally. :urg:

Look at those gleaming eyes with blankness of never-slept nights inside.
0_0

Maybe someone brain wash him like Luigi for Mr.L

Perhaps we should stop talking so much *** about him not getting into Smash Bros now guys.

Thank you! The hype is real!:cry::4lucas:
You're most welcome. I am happy for you Gracidea that you got you main back. You should be celebrating :)

Better quality box art.

OH MY NAGA! They're so sexy! I love these cover arts. I am now officially with the Hoshido family line.

But I still don't understand. Why are they gaming two games out of it? This isn't pokemon Nintendo. I want to make my decisions in game, not already made for me.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
And now apparently all of the new wave Amiibos are sold out at Gamestop, even Wario. I'm thankful I managed to get Ness, at least.
0_0

Maybe someone brain wash him like Luigi for Mr.L

Perhaps we should stop talking so much *** about him not getting into Smash Bros now guys.

You're most welcome. I am happy for you Gracidea that you got you main back. You should be celebrating :)

OH MY NAGA! They're so sexy! I love these cover arts. I am now officially with the Hoshido family line.

But I still don't understand. Why are they gaming two games out of it? This isn't pokemon Nintendo. I want to make my decisions in game, not already made for me.
Heck yeah, I'm celebrating. I've been listening to Mother music all the last couple of days.

HE IS BACK. THIS IS THE BEST.

D

Deleted member

:seuss:

Well considering there's a third storyline as DLC, you may just get your wish to be neutral and create peace for both nations.
I have a feeling the third DLC is going to be some last story DLC where you fight the final boss or the whole issue resolves.
I hope I'm wrong.

And this is why I'm waiting until Amazon can allow me to pre-order Robin and Lucina. Every time I've used Amazon, I've gotten the Amiibo's I wanted as long as I pre-ordered them in advance like Ike for example. Thank goodness Robin and Lucina aren't exclusives to Gamestop or some other store.
I should've waited for those pre-orders... my b.
Oddly enough a lot of the Japanese importers that I found on Amazon call Robin "Leflet" instead of "Reflet." Hmm...

"I'd solve any maze, just to see you"
sorry, I just thought of that and I had to post it without making it look completely irrelevant
The Robin Social Thread and Superman 64 reached S-Support!

It seems some FE characters are actually going to be demons. I want to see some cool designs.
Please, please have a store in this game be called "Walhart" and you fight a demon Walhart.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
So basically, all of the Fire Emblem Amiibos are rare and a pain to get.

I still want to believe that Robin and Lucina will become easier to find eventually like Mega Man and Sonic, but I don't even know anymore.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
And now apparently all of the new wave Amiibos are sold out at Gamestop, even Wario. I'm thankful I managed to get Ness, at least.

Heck yeah, I'm celebrating. I've been listening to Mother music all the last couple of days.

HE IS BACK. THIS IS THE BEST.
Well, then you better preorder you Lucas amibo when it is announced as soon as you can.

CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES, COME. :4lucas::4lucas::4lucas::4lucas::4lucas::4lucas:

Also, I notice one of the people in that gif does have any pants. Literally.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Well... you managed to score an exclusive right? There's at least Toys R Us tomorrow for Greninja and everyone else. The time? I have no idea. I just stalk r/amiibo's new section. That's how I got Robin and Lucina from Best Buy.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist

I love you all the same, just bad with receiving compliments or praise I suppose. Whenever people say anything nice about me even IRL I just kind of freeze up or I pretend I didn't hear it.

Oh Hong, you sound just like two of my siblings. They too find it difficult to receive praise or compliments and they often just ignore them. You don't have to say anything, senpai. Your love for us all is more than enough of a response to our admiration towards you. Heck, even just your presence and wise words of wisdom is a simple way of you showing your affection. So please, just keep being you because you truly are awesome and I deeply respect you, difficulty receiving praise and all. I love you, Hong, as do many of my fellow tacticians who grace this social thread. <3

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
After hearing that Toys R Us is doing online preorders sometime around 7-9am EST, I'm gonna try my luck with them. If I'm not able to secure a Robin or Lucina, I'm most likely going to shell out for an import/online buyer.

This amiibo situation is ridiculous
download (7).gif

Last edited:

Elezir

After reading some stuff from here, it seems that Robin and Lucina are shaping up to be the rarest amiibos yet.

The hunt for a Robin amiibo is looking like this:

Edited because this gif is accurate description of the whole Amiibo ordeal right now.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
After hearing that Toys R Us is doing online preorders sometime around 7-9am EST, I'm gonna try my luck with them. If I'm not able to secure a Robin or Lucina, I'm most likely going to shell out for an import/online buyer.

This amiibo situation is ridiculous
View attachment 45611
When I found out about all the Amiibo sale outs.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Despite my salt over the amiibos, the If hype is still going strong.

Top Bottom