• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

mimgrim

Smash Hero
The Dual mechanic (where the only bonus is a small bonus in crit/avoid chance and a, very small (compared to in the Pair Up state), percent chance for Dual Strike/Guard and offers better strategic value in that it requires two character next to each other rather on top of each other) doesn't really need an overhaul. It's the Pair Up mechanic that need a make-over (get rid of stat bonuses and make it more focused/orientated around Dual Attack/Guarding rather then stat bonuses so as to make it an actual trade-off rather then just being a straight upgrade).

But yea, the Dual mechanic is actually good, and balance, it's just Pair Up that was borked.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I'll definitely play both version of FE: If. I just don't know if I should force myself to play through the easier, but in total less intriguing to me Hoshido game first to be still pumped for the Nohr side of things when I finally get to it.
I'm just afraid that if I do things that way, the endgame and some plot elements might be spoiled to me.

And if I play Nohr first, I might feel underwhelmed by the challenge of Hoshido afterwards... then again, Awakening being kinda easy didn't harm my enjoyment of that game at all.

Dagnabbit, was this your plan all along, Intelligent Systems? Making me think about my decisions even BEFORE I play the game?
I'd better prepare my tinfoil hat.

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
So, patch in two weeks.

What should we expect/hope to come for Robin?

I just want either some slight IASA, or an outright diameter increase for the ball, on Robin's Arcfire, the Jabs to link correctly 100% of the time so that Fire Jab is guaranteed in all situations, and some slightly more range on grab. Any more buffs after that and it would just be asking for too much.

It's a good thing they announced Lucas coming out so soon after Mewtwo. If this new patch comes out with something unintentionally borked and dumb, Nintendo can quickly get the next patch out and fix it at the same time Lucas Comes Out Of Nowhere.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
So, patch in two weeks.

What should we expect/hope to come for Robin?

I just want either some slight IASA, or an outright diameter increase for the ball, on Robin's Arcfire, the Jabs to link correctly 100% of the time so that Fire Jab is guaranteed in all situations, and some slightly more range on grab. Any more buffs after that and it would just be asking for too much.

It's a good thing they announced Lucas coming out so soon after Mewtwo. If this new patch comes out with something unintentionally borked and dumb, Nintendo can quickly get the next patch out and fix it at the same time Lucas Comes Out Of Nowhere.
I'm hoping the patch is a bit on the conservative side. Diddy only needs a slight nerf on knock back or damage since his reward-risk is bit skewed for example. I think your proposed changes for Robin makes sense although I would also take away the occasional phantom hitbox on ftilt and see wind jab be more consistent.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I completely forgot today is Tharja's birthday.

YAY!
Alright, the party's over. Moving on.

Last edited:

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
<3
Lucas has his own sm4sh emoticon now.
:4lucas: I'm so proud of you, my boy.
Of course, I still love you, too, Ness.:4ness:
My two sons are in this game <3 :4ness::4lucas:
I was actually surprised they added Lucas, seeing as Sakurai stated he wouldn't put more than one character for a series that was deemed finished. Guess it just shows how Mother (and Lucas) is beloved by fans.
:ness:
Still, paying $4 for an additional character? ehh...:urg:

Make Robin faster plz
Well, I don't think Robin is in dire need of a buff, but fixing some range problems woud be appreciated by me.
and nerf Diddy to hell plz:troll:

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
<3
Lucas has his own sm4sh emoticon now.
:4lucas: I'm so proud of you, my boy.
Of course, I still love you, too, Ness.:4ness:
My two sons are in this game <3 :4ness::4lucas:
I was actually surprised they added Lucas, seeing as Sakurai stated he wouldn't put more than one character for a series that was deemed finished. Guess it just shows how Mother (and Lucas) is beloved by fans.
:ness:
Still, paying $4 for an additional character? ehh...:urg:

Make Robin faster plz
Well, I don't think Robin is in dire need of a buff, but fixing some range problems woud be appreciated by me.
and nerf Diddy to hell plz:troll:
$4 for an additional character ($5 for both versions), as far as dlc characters in other fighting games goes is pretty reasonable. I'm used to paying 7 or 8 bucks for a character in Blazblue.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Yikes, so it's not only SMTxFE that seems to go with a more fanservice route, I guess Tharja has some competition now.
And 4$ isn't that bad for a new character, I think 2-3$ should have been the price myself, but it's better than ArkSys charging 8 dollars for one character

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
We know whose trophy is going to be cut in SSB6. :troll:

:231:
Speaking of SSB6 and given that Kamui can transform into a dragon, will we see a manakete in smash in the year 20XX? That is an exciting prospect right there.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Fire Emblem: We Screw With Your Emotions And Make You Decide Which Little Sister You Should Join And Which To Shun. :awesome:
(Working Title :troll:)

Last edited:

Elezir

Related to the new game, it seems like all weapons have now infinites uses, as this analysis indicates.
I'm...not sure how to feel about it. I suppose it's alright, as long as op as **** weapons (like brave stuff) aren't too easy of acquiring.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Related to the new game, it seems like all weapons have now infinites uses, as this analysis indicates.
I'm...not sure how to feel about it. I suppose it's alright, as long as op as **** weapons (like brave stuff) aren't too easy of acquiring.
Hmm, I'm not if that's a good thing, while the weapons broke slowly enough that money management was a never an issue on normal modes, but it was a nice touch. The series is slowly moving away from well-established mechanics...

Elezir

Hmm, I'm not if that's a good thing, while the weapons broke slowly enough that money management was a never an issue on normal modes, but it was a nice touch. The series is slowly moving away from well-established mechanics...

Well, it seems like Fire Emblem Gaiden too had unbreakable weapons, with the 'gimmick' of not having a way of buying other weapons, kind of.
I've never played the game itself, so if I'm wrong, please correct me. oO

As I said before, as long as they keep it reasonable, I'm not getting too worked up over it. They do have to change some stuff if the series is to keep going on, even if I'd argue that the weapons system didn't really need to be changed.
This change could be part of a 'Casual' mode, though, and a 'Classic' mode could keep the breakable trait in, just as one keeps perm death and other not.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Yea, this has me a little worried.

I'm hoping this has something to do with, like, the game not being finished yet or casual mode or something.

Some things in FE are just too sacred to get rid of... weapon durability is most defiantly one of those things.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Sorry my fellow tacticians... I've converted to the Kamui side of the avatars. :p

For now.

Elezir

Sorry my fellow tacticians... I've converted to the Kamui side of the avatars. :p

For now.
Even if Kamui seems to be awesome and a big upgrade on the Fire Emblem Avatar character concept, the nerdy tactician will be always my favorite:4robinm::4robinf:nuff said. The fact that Robin introduced me to FE is too important.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Even if Kamui seems to be awesome and a big upgrade on the Fire Emblem Avatar character concept, the nerdy tactician will be always my favorite:4robinm::4robinf:nuff said. The fact that Robin introduced me to FE is too important.
I'd known FE beforehand, so I like Lord characters...

But Robin still cannot be replaced. I was just joking.

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
So has the kneejerk reaction that regions outside of Japan will have to buy both versions of the game to experience both sides passed? I can't be the only one wondering why Nintendo of America's presentation of the game makes no mention of there being two games.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So has the kneejerk reaction that regions outside of Japan will have to buy both versions of the game to experience both sides passed? I can't be the only one wondering why Nintendo of America's presentation of the game makes no mention of there being two games.
There is a chance that they might integrate them into one game. The Japanese version is releasing this summer, while NA will get it next year. Even considering the time taken for translation, it's a little too long.

Elezir

I'd known FE beforehand, so I like Lord characters...

But Robin still cannot be replaced. I was just joking.
Don't be so serious:troll:
I know that very well, so don't worry:happysheep:you are allowed to put love into Kamui...for now.:troll:

Anyway, related to the breakable system, but I just noticed there seems to have some kind of meter behind the weapon icon. Here:

One portion of that sword's background is red, while other is green.
All of the bow's background is green.
And the dragon stone has no background, maybe showing that this item in particular is infinite.

Maybe it's showing us the remaining uses of a weapon. Interesting, if that's it, because now it will a bit harder telling when the weapon will break.

Last edited:

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
Oh and I thought the explanation for Kamui not wearing shoes was obvious the moment we learned he/she can transform into a manakete(?) that has hooves. Panne and Yarne don't wear shoes either for understandable reasons. Not sure why Nowi, Nah, and Tiki can have shoes though...maybe it's just a secret dragon tribe technique that poor Kamui is locked out of.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I like Awakening and I'm super glad it saved the series and it did get a lot of things right... however, since it wasn't my first FE game, the more I ended up playing the more I realized it did a lot of things wrong as well and those flaws just end up becoming a lot and much more obvious so I can't help but find it as one of the weaker entries in the series (as an FE vet) yet it is also the strongest entry in the series (because of new players).

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Speaking of SSB6 and given that Kamui can transform into a dragon, will we see a manakete in smash in the year 20XX? That is an exciting prospect right there.
"Kamui!"

"Smash has many powerful opponents, Dancer Lady. But I am no ordinary swordsman!"

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
This is assuming FE 15, 16 and maybe even 17 won't happen before Smash 6, but I would love to see Kamui go Xerneas on everybody in Smash.

Elezir

I like Awakening and I'm super glad it saved the series and it did get a lot of things right... however, since it wasn't my first FE game, the more I ended up playing the more I realized it did a lot of things wrong as well and those flaws just end up becoming a lot and much more obvious so I can't help but find it as one of the weaker entries in the series (as an FE vet) yet it is also the strongest entry in the series (because of new players).
:roll:
I never said Awakening was perfect, though.
Awakening holds a special place in my heart because it introduced me to series, but it had so many flaws it's not even funny.
Pair up, for example, was stupidly op (on any difficulty that wasn't completely luck based, so take Lunatic out), even more because your enemies couldn't do any of that, giving the player an unfair vantage, even.
The story was terribly bland. I'm not going to say it was bad, because it wasn't bad per se, just...unimpressive. I mean, when I played PoR and RD I was mindblown on why the **** FE:A couldn't have half of that quality, so I'm not even comparing Awakening with other series now.
and the maps...oh :4palutena:. Everything about them was just...eh, to say the least.

The only thing saving FE:A was it's characters and their relatioships with each other, and therefore, supports. Even that had the occasional bad writing, though.
The Casual mode was a smart idea to attract more players, too.

That's why the premise of IF is having me hyped, even with the terrible, terrible decision of spliting the game.

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
I suppose I'm in that minority of people who've played older games (all the GBA games) yet still find Awakening to be their favorite. Eugenics simulator leaves you very invested.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Robin sold out at my Gamestop.:cry: Still hoping for Ness and Lucina- they and Wario are the only ones left there (and I really don't care about Wario).
Someone just pointed out that the female FE:If lord has two left feet. :laugh:

Headcanon that she's a klutz and a terrible dancer for me now.
I have mixed feelings on this. It saves me from having to buy a ton of junk weapons for grinding in the Hoshido storyline, but it might make the game TOO easy...

Elezir

Ah... fandom.

The one about Marth really had me laughing.

Top Bottom