• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Yes dear. There will be two versions, just like pokemon.
In one you'll side with Hoshido, and in the other you side with Nohr:sadsheep:
The digital version and a Limited physical copy will include both, though.

There's a chance it will be a Japan thing only, since the NA version didn't say anything about that, but don't get your hopes too high.
I see. Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Burigu

Smash Ace
On the next episode of amazing things locked in Japan Fire Emblem TCG featuring Akanea and Ylisse

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
You guys can read more about FE if and how they're doing the game via link.
****. We Pokemon now (this is not a good thing).

I really really dislike this idea and hope this isn't going to be the case for here in the US. If it is, I will have to finally break down and buy the legendary version of a game.

****. My poor wallet. ;-;

View attachment 45428
It's there, alright. Looks like now enemies can do it too.
Do they actually show the units paired up on the map?

Because since that is just a battle scene that could just as easily be the Dual mechanic instead of the Pair Up mechanic and the Dual mechanic is alright, and even better if enemies get it to, and is actually good.

Burigu

Smash Ace
****. We Pokemon now (this is not a good thing).

I really really dislike this idea and hope this isn't going to be the case for here in the US. If it is, I will have to finally break down and buy the legendary version of a game.

****. My poor wallet. ;-;

Do they actually show the units paired up on the map?

Because since that is just a battle scene that could just as easily be the Dual mechanic instead of the Pair Up mechanic and the Dual mechanic is alright, and even better if enemies get it to, and is actually good.
Honestly I was unsure at first but, I can't quite compare FE to Pokemon in Pokemon you have to buy the same game twice for minimal plot difference, items and Pokemon and pay exactly the same among.

Here you pick one and get the other "half" as a much cheaper deal, I am in no way expert in yens but paying 4000 something for one and 1000 something for another is quite a discount, also the 3rd path DLC will be prized the same as the "other half" of the game.

So just see this whole as a buy for one great game which happens to have 2 DLC on day 1

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
The thing from yesterday was a pun on the Japanese name 大逆転裁判 - the character 大 is one stroke away from the character for "dog" 犬, so it becomes "The Dog Ace Attorney".

inb4 Apollo Justice jurist system "decide for yourself whether or not you want to win the case"
Ah, I see. Well.
Still would've liked a dog one.

Only played the first three Ace Attorney games myself. Apollo Justice had a jurist system? Was it similar to what we're seeing here?

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Honestly I was unsure at first but, I can't quite compare FE to Pokemon in Pokemon you have to buy the same game twice for minimal plot difference, items and Pokemon and pay exactly the same among.
Eh, I tolerate Pokemon doing this kind of stuff exactly because the differences are pretty minimal (barring some examples, of course), only going as far as having some different pokemon most of the time, so buying the other game is pretty much not needed, since you can get these pokemons via trading, if you want to complete the pokedex.
I can even kind of see why they do this, as it stimulates players trading pokemon.
Of course, what they did with Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald was assholery, imo.

FE, on the other hand, had no good reason for selling the other part of the game's storyline as 'additional', when it was supposed to be one complete game, even more because it just destroys the whole "your choices make a difference". More like "the version you decide to buy will make a difference".

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Only played the first three Ace Attorney games myself. Apollo Justice had a jurist system? Was it similar to what we're seeing here?
The final case is a dry run for a "jurist system", in which the defendant is supposed to be undoubtedly guilty (she isn't, of course). The final act of the game puts you (as in you the player) in the place of juror no. 6, and asks you whether to find the defendant guilty or not guilty. Since you're defending her, the game is basically asking you whether you want to win and get the good ending, or lose and get the bad ending.
From what I can see in the trailer, it's completely different from this game. At least, I hope it is.

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
Eh, I tolerate Pokemon doing this kind of stuff exactly because the differences are pretty minimal (barring some examples, of course), only going as far as having some different pokemon most of the time, so buying the other game is pretty much not needed, since you can get these pokemons via trading, if you want to complete the pokedex.
I can even kind of see why they do this, as it stimulates players trading pokemon.
Of course, what they did with Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald was *******ry, imo.

FE, on the other hand, had no good reason for selling the other part of the game's storyline as 'additional', when it was supposed to be one complete game, even more because it just destroys the whole "your choices make a difference". More like "the version you decide to buy will make a difference".
That is a fair point, I suspect that the forced path you take can be seen minimum as long as Awakening was, so I am not that worried about the IN game content department, I kind of optimist the DLC prices won't be to high that's why I can life with this.

You are right about Pokemon expect when you can't get the Mega Stones that aren't in your game

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
The final case is a dry run for a "jurist system", in which the defendant is supposed to be undoubtedly guilty (she isn't, of course). The final act of the game puts you (as in you the player) in the place of juror no. 6, and asks you whether to find the defendant guilty or not guilty. Since you're defending her, the game is basically asking you whether you want to win and get the good ending, or lose and get the bad ending.
So no, which is nice. And also that's a stone cold ******** way to end a game.

I presume what they're going for is having the decision for her life be in your hands. I get that. Might be powerful in another context. But we're such a biased party that the effect is lost entirely.

This looks entirely different, which is good. Hopefully it's more than "basically the same game but now you have to convince six different people" though.

Serenes says that the digital copy is basically the same as the physical copy you have to choice but the path you didn't choose gets locked until you buy it as DLC so both are basically the same in the long run
So we're paying for stuff we've already downloaded?

Because that's worked so well in the past, whenever anyone's tried, and there's never been any backlash from that.

RNGeesus this is becoming a clutster****.

Last edited:

Elezir

You are right about Pokemon expect when you can't get the Mega Stones that aren't in your game
Actually, just have the other person trading with you give said mega stone to the pokemon being traded.
The item will be transfered to you with the pokemon.:happysheep:
Can't be via GTS, though, it seems.

Either way, with how stupidly high are the game prices in my region, chances are that I will be able to play only one version.
:sadsheep:and here I was looking forward to seeing both sides of the war. welp.

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
Actually, just have the other person trading with you give said mega stone to the pokemon being traded.
The item will be transfered to you with the pokemon.:happysheep:
Can't be via GTS, though, it seems.
Well that is my problem the other being people not actually wanting to give up their stone, I got a Zekrom last week in Wonder Trade but that is not a story for this place

Elezir

Well that is my problem the other being people not actually wanting to give up their stone, I got a Zekrom last week in Wonder Trade but that is not a story for this place
Going to anime/games events can help a lot, if you can.
There's always people in these places willing to trade mega stones, from my experience, anyway.

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I'm pretty salty about the two versions of IF like everyone else here. Really disappointed that this new FE is pulling this "buy both versions to get the whole experience." While I'm still super excited for it, I can't help but be displeased that they're separating the game into two versions.

Meanwhile I can't help but laugh at how SMT x FE turned into Super High School Idol RPG. I'll admit it looks nice as a standalone game, but seeing that it's supposed to be SMT x FE makes my heart sink a bit. I suppose I'll just have to wait until it fully releases before I make any more judgments on it.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
We now have images of the bottom screen

Kamui's class is known as "Dark Prince", and s/he can wield swords and dragonstones. Also, six skill slots?
More screenshots here: http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-if/pre-release-media/
And once again we see in the battle the whole two units thing meaning it could be either the Pair Up mechanic or Dual mechanic being done and absolutely no other possible indication of the Pair Up mechanic.

Just tell me already if Pair Up is back IS so that I can either groan in despair or sigh in relief. :drflip:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Just tell me already if Pair Up is back IS so that I can either groan in despair or sigh in relief. :drflip:
Just so you know another set of eyes is seeing the same thing, I've combed through both pre-release trailers and materials and there is not seen a single paired-up unit anywhere outside of combat.

However I'd also like to draw your attention to something. Note the sloppily-circled spot in blue below:
View attachment 45459

That is where a paired-up unit would be in Awakening, and the slot remains available and seems to be able to fit another unit tab of a similar shape to the one that is present just above the space.

Alternate explanations are not out of the question. For one example it is possible that it has been relegated back to a Carry ability like cavalry and aerial units had in previous FE games, and this is where the carried unit might go. It might even just be an artifact from the FE:A engine, which this seems to be at least partly based on (though improved).

I'm purely speculating without any more (English) information to go on. Anybody translated this business yet?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I'm purely speculating without any more (English) information to go on. Anybody translated this business yet?
It's just stats in that image (strength, magic, etc), nothing about pairing up and such. Only things of note are the class name and weapons (we can't really tell what the skills do without text)

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
So Serenes has been on point for some half of our questions and I feel silly not checking there first.

@ mimgrim mimgrim Serenes analysis of the January direct apparently confirmed Pair-Up is in there somewhere:

serenesforest.net: January Direct Analysis said:
Oh and Pair Up is back–the icon appears when the cursor is exactly on top of Rinka (I sadly missed the frame, but you can see it further down the page).
Source: http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-if/january-analysis/

@ Elezir Elezir @ Célja Célja @ Burigu Burigu @ mimgrim mimgrim @Yoship At this point you've probably noticed I'm just tagging all your asses because on a scale of one to salt we were Rold ****ing Gold about this. Don't panic, it's intentional.

They've run through the official site too and IS was careful to at least try to allay the fears that we wouldn't get our money's worth with two versions.

serenesforest.net: Official Site Snippets said:
Next, onto the separate versions.

Fire Emblem if Hoshido

A story focusing on protecting your Hoshidan birthplace and royal relatives from the Nohrian invasion. Outside the main story, you can earn experience and funds and freely develop your characters; perfect for those who enjoy freedom.

Fire Emblem if Nohr

In this story, you work with the Nohrian royal family to battle the internal conflicts within Nohr itself. Compared to Hoshido, the difficulty is higher, with limited opportunities to earn experience and funds.

Interestingly, Nintendo wasn’t lying when they said the Nohr path would be harder. It seems as if there will be a world map or some other facility in the Hoshido path that lets you level up characters outside of the story like in Awakening, The Sacred Stones and Gaiden. But not in the Nohr path.

Amusingly enough, the site emphasises that each of the two versions (Hoshido and Nohr) contains a similar amount of content as the previous game, Awakening. So you won’t be paying for half a game at all, if you buy just one of the versions.
Source: http://serenesforest.net/2015/04/01/fire-emblem-official-site-snippets/#more-25442

So. How we feelin now?

[collapse="Last edit for now I swear"]
Capture.PNG

He comes.[/collapse]

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hey guys, i was wonder if, with the voting thing for smash bros, I was wonder if you guys might be able to vote for Young Link to come back to Smash 4. You obviously don't have and you all probable don't want to that's fine. All I am asking at least it for you consider it maybe. It would mean the world to mean if Young Link was to return. Please?

Also, hey @Pikachewy99, welcome back. How are you?

MY SON HAS RETURNED. ALL IS RIGHT WITH THE WORLD.
I am glad you've got you main back Gracidea Shaymin :). Congratulations

*sits here waiting of Young Link to return*

In better news:

Holy **** how does one S-Support themselves? Such a fine specimen...
I like there swords a lot.

Also, they are not wearing shoes.

First thing I noticed: Ninjas.

Second one: The protagonist transforms into a dragon. A damn dragon. He/She will be some kind of manakete, then?
@The Soulless One is going to be pleased.

Third: Maps with some puzzle like stuff, is it? Yes, please. (Well, depends, kinda)

Also

Hmm...funny thing is: It was only stated at the Japanese Direct, so West is either holding out on this info, -or it'll be sold separated only for the JP version.-
I really hope it's the case (sorry, japanese folks), selling games like that is the dumbest decision ever. (even if they give the other part as a discounted dlc) Pokemon I can (kind) tolerate, because the story doesn't change too much, but with big stuff like that? Oh, Hell no.

I just noticed this now, but are the protagonists barefeet? dunno why it bothers me a bit. isn't being barefeet a bother in the middle of a war?

Also, smahsboards is still terribly slow.
NINJAS?!?!?!

YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!I LOVE NINJAS!!!!!!!!

Looks like I'll be siding with Hoshido since I absolutely LOVE Japanese culture! >w< That and I'm a peace maker, so it's only natural that I side with the army that values peace. Also, I've watched the trailer a dozen times now just for the music alone and I can't stop. Plz help me. :awesome:

Now for the most controversial Fire Emblem news that came out of the Direct. SMT x FE.

I liked what I saw. I didn't know what to expect from the crossover but I'm getting alot of Persona vibes from it, so that's awesome. And it has a cool anime/fantasy style to it that I enjoy. All in all, I'm just overjoyed that it still exists and now we have seen a taste of what it be like. I for one am excited to see the potential of SMT x FE and look forward to seeing more. ^w^

As for the rest of the direct, here's what I'm looking forward to:

-Mario Maker
-Yoshi's Wooly World
-Splatoon
-Smash Bros DLC with the promise of more characters to come besides Mewtwo and Lucas.
-Mario Kart 8 DLC plus 200cc mode
-N64 and DS VC finally out (DK64 HYPE! :4dk:)
-LOTS of new Amiibo and Amiibo support. (My poor wallet ;_; and Yarn Yoshi is SO cute! :D :4yoshi:)
-Xenoblade Chronicles trailer was dope
-Codename S.T.E.A.M. patch for faster enemy turns

Overall, probably the best Nintendo Direct since the one in January 2013. I was throughly satisfied with what I saw and SO much more. Nintendo really showed off alot today and I'm super excited by the content that was presented. :colorful:[/media]
I am with you on this Syrek. Something about the Hoshido for some reason. I don't know, something about them and them being my family makes me want to protect them. Please I don't like the lady with the giant assets on the other side. She reminds me too much of Aversa.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So I caught up with everything.

I sincerely hope that FE:If in not broken in two parts in the international version. That's a ridiculously bad idea, and Nintendo (hopefully) knows it. Not to mention it flies in the face of what Trinen said in the Direct.

SMT x FE... I don't get it. At all. There's barely any Fire Emblem in it. Ugh.

:231:

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink
Wow...After 2 years we finally get more details on SMTXFE, and...The game doesn't look particularly appealing (or anything like FE or SMT for that matter). I find it funny that everyone joked they'd turn the game into a Persona-style high school RPG, and that's kind of what they did. That doesn't need to be bad (I love the Persona games), and if the game ends up being good, more power to it, but...Ugh, I really hate that the artist to .hack is handling the game's visuals. I rarely care how a game looks, but when you have a game that's supposed to combine 2 franchises, and it looks nothing like either, something is wrong. Were there even any actual FE/SMT characters featured in the trailer?

On a brighter topic, I am still interested in IF, assuming they don't pull an idiot move and make the game 2 versions in the U.S.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Mewtwo, Lucas, the Smash Ballot, DK 64 on Wii U's VC, MK8 2nd DLC coming sooner, 200cc mode, SMT x FE and FE 14 finally getting concretized...

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Mewtwo, Lucas, the Smash Ballot, DK 64 on Wii U's VC, MK8 2nd DLC coming sooner, 200cc mode, SMT x FE and FE 14 finally getting concretized...

ready for another round @Hong ? :4dk:
I don't think I'll buy If anytime soon if that's how localization will go as well, I mean, it doesn't matter if each version is as big as Awakening, this sort of thing should have been all included in one game given the design and structure FE usually has, and already planning a "DLC" also tickles me off, especially as it sounds like it'll be plot important stuff rather than the (mostly) unimportant stuff Awakening offered. So...great job guys, you killed my interest in 2 games!

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
So Serenes has been on point for some half of our questions and I feel silly not checking there first.

@ mimgrim mimgrim Serenes analysis of the January direct apparently confirmed Pair-Up is in there somewhere:

@ Elezir Elezir @ Célja Célja @ Burigu Burigu @ mimgrim mimgrim @Yoship At this point you've probably noticed I'm just tagging all your ***** because on a scale of one to salt we were Rold ****ing Gold about this. Don't panic, it's intentional.

They've run through the official site too and IS was careful to at least try to allay the fears that we wouldn't get our money's worth with two versions.

Source: http://serenesforest.net/2015/04/01/fire-emblem-official-site-snippets/#more-25442

So. How we feelin now?

[collapse="Last edit for now I swear"]View attachment 45465

He comes.[/collapse]
Darn it... I still find Nohr more interesting, but I'm still a FE nooblet and probably wouldn't survive it without my open opportunities to grind. Ugh, hard to choose which to do first.

I wonder if that means supporting opportunities will have less chances to happen there too.
Hey guys, i was wonder if, with the voting thing for smash bros, I was wonder if you guys might be able to vote for Young Link to come back to Smash 4. You obviously don't have and you all probable don't want to that's fine. All I am asking at least it for you consider it maybe. It would mean the world to mean if Young Link was to return. Please?

Also, hey @Pikachewy99, welcome back. How are you?

I am glad you've got you main back Gracidea Shaymin :). Congratulations

*sits here waiting of Young Link to return*

I like there swords a lot.

Also, they are not wearing shoes.

NINJAS?!?!?!

YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!I LOVE NINJAS!!!!!!!!

I am with you on this Syrek. Something about the Hoshido for some reason. I don't know, something about them and them being my family makes me want to protect them. Please I don't like the lady with the giant assets on the other side. She reminds me too much of Aversa.
Thank you! The hype is real!:cry::4lucas:

If that's Chrom...

Oh my gosh guys. You broke him finally. :urg:

Look at those gleaming eyes with blankness of never-slept nights inside.
As mentioned somewhere else- if this is indeed Chrom, any little regret I have accidentally S-Supporting him on my first go is gone.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

If that's Chrom...

Oh my gosh guys. You broke him finally. :urg:
Look at those gleaming eyes with blankness of never-slept nights inside.
O_O

Perhaps this reprsents a post-tragety Chrom as seen in tht one chapter? This is SMGT after all.

With that said, It looks neat. Not really intereted, but neat.

Don't forget that we're not getting that brain-dead 'seperate versions' thing for he new FE. :awesome:

@ Elezir Elezir @ Célja Célja @ Burigu Burigu @ mimgrim mimgrim @Yoship At this point you've probably noticed I'm just tagging all your ***** because on a scale of one to salt we were Rold ****ing Gold about this. Don't panic, it's intentional.

So. How we feelin now?

[collapse="Last edit for now I swear"]View attachment 45465

He comes.[/collapse]
So basicly, you choose classic FE or modern FE?

Sweet. But that doesn't make he choice any easier.

I'm still waiting until I play the game to decide which side to go with. If I think Nohr is worth changing, I'll go with them. If Hoshido proves to be the faction that serves my purposes/observation better, I'll go full-body Samurai.

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Ok, my thoughts on the direct:
Lucas (and the announced poll) are both great news. I may not particularly care for Lucas but with him we have confirmation that further DLC after Mewtwo is a thing. Now if only he was Snake or Wolf...

Fire Emblem If/Nohr/Hoshido seems to shape up to be everything I wanted from it. Option to pick your side? Check. Main Character turns into a Dragon? Doublecheck. Interesting looking maps with more stuff happening than just hitting the enemy? Check.
The only two dissapointing things about it where:
A: That Nohr just seems to be straight up villainous. I hope they give you a good reason to stick to them instead of Hoshido.
B: The split into two versions seems really odd. I won't mind it at all if it means we're getting two full games. If either side of the story will be on the short side, I'll be pretty miffed though...

SMTxFE looks... like it doesn't have a whole lot to do with FE.
I won't bash the game since it's not out yet, but the trailer disappointed me somewhat. It really makes it seem like SMT with some FE skins thrown into it.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I expected SMT x FE to be Shin Megami Tensei with Fire Emblem characters right from the start, so I'm not surprised by the trailer.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I don't know what to make of SMT x FE simply because I never touched a SMT or a Persona game. When I saw the trailer, I thought it was something Persona related judging by what I saw from the Persona 5 trailer, but Tiki's presence threw me off. Once it was revealed that was the crossover that I have seen jokes about it not existing, it was meh. Unless the later trailers convince me otherwise, I don't see myself buying it.

Oh well. I found this on Tumblr and I thought it was funny.

Shaymikyu

I'm probably waiting until we find out more about SMT x FE before deciding to buy it. I'm just not sure what to make of it still.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
If people wanted to keep up on the fan discoveries thus far, a lot of them have been posted here:
http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=52827I'm not even mad. I genuinely laughed after I found out that is what it's supposed to be.

For Persona fans, it must be great. But for SMT and FE... so far it's lacking in either.

As young as it is, of course. We at least saw some vaguely Fire Emblem things like a possible Tiki.
The problem with SMT X FE looking like Persona is that we already have Persona 5 on the horizon, and that Persona looks way more awesome and interesting than this Persona.

As @Syrek said, it's probably too soon to rush into judgment. But I also agree with @ Elezir Elezir that this is a terrible first trailer, especially for something that was in the dark for about 2 years, and I have little interest in keeping up with news on this game now. For me personally, this is in stark contrast with Persona 5, which I had little interest in at first but after that trailer and its spectacular first impression, I am incredibly hyped for it.

Shaymikyu

I didn't find the trailer bad, but I had to look for the Fire Emblem in it. It wasn't until I saw the pegasus and Tiki that it hit me what it was. And I have no familiarity with SMT, so I can't speak there.

Anyway, was never as hyped about SMT x FE as I was about FE14, so meh.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
I didn't find the trailer bad, but I had to look for the Fire Emblem in it. It wasn't until I saw the pegasus and Tiki that it hit me what it was. And I have no familiarity with SMT, so I can't speak there.

Anyway, was never as hyped about SMT x FE as I was about FE14, so meh.
It didn't really have much SMT either. I didn't recognize any SMT characters. I may have to rewatch the trailer to find them but that means I'd have to, well, rewatch the trailer which I would rather not.

Oh dear, I should stop. Getting more and more pessimistic with each passing second.

Shaymikyu

Better quality box art.

Okay, I take it back. Joining Team Lobster so I can S-Support that glorious man in the diamond shirt in the back.

...And then he's related to you I'm sure.:cry:

I like the crouching girl on the Hoshido cover too.

Also, it seems like that pink-haired maid is actually on Team Lobster despite people guessing she'd be on Team Fabulous.

Also, I almost kind of wish both Kamuis were present now as twins with the one you choose siding with the side you choose and the other being on the opposing side.

Top Bottom