• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
OH, IS IT PAPER MARIO TIME?! TTYD IS THE GREATEST THING TO EVER GRACE MARIO IN THE HISTORY OF EVER!!!

....Anyway, TTYD was just a fantastic game. I've always thought Mario games were good, but this one....This one was just PURE GOLD.

The characters, the battles, the story, the environments...I don't know what the hell the IS team did, but everything was just spot-on. Super Mario RPG just WISHES it could be as good as Paper Mario.

What this fine lady said. Anyone who hasn't experienced one of the greatest games of the GCN era needs to do something about it.

NOW.

On a side note, I doubt I'll be getting the ported version IF it is real, due to me having the original. Though I have gotten remakes before.

It's like they were trying too hard to catch your attention. Sure, she's TECHNICALLY hot, but she's lacks a distinct charm that could've made her legitimately appealing. Instead, she's just kinda....in your face with her looks. Not that it's a real problem, but still.
I'm VERY sorry to quote this....but dude....wow.

Youb just have my respects now....

TTYD is a classic masterpiece.....That was so well said...

I actually read that by doing a query, but it needed way more than a like...

Thanks....

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Again, I must stress that one trailer should not damn a game before it is even released or until we know more about it.
I agree. Trailers always lie.

However if it's lying about an actually awesome game then shame on it.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

I, for one, wanted Fire Emblem gameplay. Instead I got Persona, not even SMT, gameplay with a few Fire Emblem characters. The Fire Emblem characters will probably only be Awakening characters, too. Color me disappointed.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Of course i'm out this day out of every other day i could have been out, so much to do so much to see...

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist

Perhaps an example is needed. When Super Mario 3D World was announced at E3 2013, most peoples reaction was, "Oh, it's basically an HD Super Mario Land" or "It looks fun but I expected more." Essentially, peoples reactions were tepid for the most part. Then a second trailer was released in October and gamers minds were blown. It was a complete 180 from the previous trailer and it highlighted all the fantastic aspects of the game, focusing on what was not shown previously. It was a FAR superior trailer that got gamers hyped for a game that looked alright, but many expected more.

And obviously the trailer didn't lie, but there's no reason to just flat out say it's not an awesome games based on a singular trailer. It's sheer ignorance when we judge something based on one singular appearance when I feel there's more complexity within that we haven't seen yet and more FE nods that have yet to be revealed. I'll admit, I am somewhat more bias than everyone else, but I feel there is more to be shown that was not revealed, specifically, FE content. And yes, the first trailer didn't do a good job an impressing many people, but like I said, usually first trailers tend to be like that unfortunately. I can think of a number of other games that looks kinda meh due to they're first trailer and then quickly changed my mind with the second trailer, showing a more developed and polished game, along with new content that wasn't shown before.

Anyways, I've said my peace on the matter. All I ask is that we keep an open mind and not succumb to first reactions. Many games have been judged solely on they're first trailer. Let's not make the same mistake until we receive more info and gameplay. After all, this is a joint venture between Nintendo and Atlus. I seriously doubt Nintendo would just let Atlus not have some sort of Fire Emblem influence within a game called SMT x FE.

Last edited:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
I just hope SMTxFE comes out later this year, though that may not be the case.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Guys, when's the next Nintendo Direct, I'm starving for new info, I mean it's been forever since the last one christ.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
SMTxFE looks hype, but it seriously doesn't look like either SMT (maybe Persona) or FE

Last edited:

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
My friend figured out the mystery of why kamui is barefoot:
"YOU WANTED FEET IN YOUR GAME YOU GOT FEET IN YOUR GAME"
NAILED IT
now we can't complain about footstubs anymore. Darn.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
So, who's obviously evil?

This innocent old man suffering from a skin disease lending out his hand to help you?

Or this "peace-loving" I assume ruler of Hoshido? Just look at her. Look at those menacing eyes, and that sinister-looking grin. I bet she was the mastermind of this war between the two nations.

Burigu

Smash Ace
So what I suspected was true in the japanise direct 2 versions, I am not sure how to feel, good think they come out next year, that also mean I might avoid any related media, and despite I considerer myself a FE "hardcore gamer" and think you don't play FE if you choice casual, if I had only money for one I would pick Hoshido, despite the interseting plots Nohr might offer, I am a fan of the peace loving good guys even at the cost of a more traditional experience.

Since I am a collector thinking of buying the digital copy is an absolute NO, I must have my games unless there is no other way.

It was a pain to get my hard copy of Awakening back in the day, and I got my preorder like a month after the game release to the point I started to look for the game at other shops to no avail.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v

This innocent old man suffering from a skin disease lending out his hand to help you?

Or this "peace-loving" I assume ruler of Hoshido? Just look at her. Look at those menacing eyes, and that sinister-looking grin. I bet she was the mastermind of this war between the two nations.
:roll:
You never know, dear.

I'm still betting on the Dancer girl being the ultimate villain:cheep:

Seriously, though, it seems part of the Nohr storyline is dealing with it's internal 'corruption', too.

So what I suspected was true in the japanise direct 2 versions, I am not sure how to feel, good think they come out next year, that also mean I might avoid any related media, and despite I considerer myself a FE "hardcore gamer" and think you don't play FE if you choice casual, if I had only money for one I would pick Hoshido, despite the interseting plots Nohr might offer, I am a fan of the peace loving good guys even at the cost of a more traditional experience.

Since I am a collector thinking of buying the digital copy is an absolute NO, I must have my games unless there is no other way.

It was a pain to get my hard copy of Awakening back in the day, and I got my preorder like a month after the game release to the point I started to look for the game at other shops to no avail.
You could try getting the Limited version of the game, which will include both paths.

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist

Those calm, collected and serene Hoshido eyes are merely a farce, making her the central villain of the entire game. Not only that, but she's SO evil, that Grima pales in comparison to her wicked ways.

So of COURSE the sickly, disease ridden old man reaching out to you isn't evil. :awesome:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Not only that she's got a beauty mark.

Edit so they're putting out two versions of the new FE game? Can someone explain to me how this works?

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
You never know, dear.

Seriously, though, it seems part of the Nohr storyline is dealing with it's internal 'corruption', too.

You could try getting the Limited version of the game, which will include both paths.
We have to see if Nintendo cares to release that Limited version with at least pasable numbers, Nintendo has being cheap in that aspect, Amiibos are an example of this and also the Wii U GC adapter, but it's still to early for me to complain about it, hope Nintendo of America release those mistakes an make this Limited Editions a bit less limited.

Good thing the day is almost over, I can't even find my own post sometimes

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
waitaminute

The guy in the cravat and red cape
could it be

if that's Sigurd my hype for SMTxFE just got resurrected and increased exponentially
My first thought was Chrom, but now that I look at him, the sword isn't his at all. Sigurd is very possible.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

In all fairness if you crush everyone who stands against you grind their bones to dust and let the rivers bleed the end result would be pretty peaceful.

Y'know. Food for thought.

walhart happy.png

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
You never know, dear.

You're right. One of the translated screenshots of the first trailer has Marx talking about his father (who I assume is the beloved ruler of Nohr I posted above, Saint Garon) not acting like himself.

Another strike of suspicion for the Hoshido lady.

But I will consider the Dancer lady as being the true mastermind behind all the chaos. Come to think of it... what if... the dancer is really evil all along?

...! That's it!

The end of the first trailer has a dragon that appears to be choking the dancer. Since Kamui can transform into that very same dragon, what if he/she's choking her because he/she discovered her evil plot. The trailer made it seem like the dancer is innocent but it was all part of the facade. She's most likely going to support whatever decision you make because both paths will lead to the same end.

I should be sleeping right now for classes but I got my priorities straight!

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
You're right. One of the translated screenshots of the first trailer has Marx talking about his father (who I assume is the beloved ruler of Nohr I posted above, Saint Garon) not acting like himself.

Another strike of suspicion for the Hoshido lady.

But I will consider the Dancer lady as being the true mastermind behind all the chaos. Come to think of it... what if... the dancer is really evil all along?

...! That's it!

The end of the first trailer has a dragon that appears to be choking the dancer. Since Kamui can transform into that very same dragon, what if he/she's choking her because he/she discovered her evil plot. The trailer made it seem like the dancer is innocent but it was all part of the facade. She's most likely going to support whatever decision you make because both paths will lead to the same end.

I should be sleeping right now for classes but I got my priorities straight!
...That would honestly be a neat twist.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I have returned to this thread to talk about the new FE games.

After, finally, getting more details on what SMT x FE will look like, I'm unsure how I feel about it. I'm going to need more info on it, still, for sure.

As for the new Fire Emblem.

Ok I don't even know where to begin with it. Imma just start simple.

Firstly I didn't see any Pair Up mechanic in sight in this new trailer but IIRC it was in the first trailer so I'm going to go under the presumption that the mechanic is back. Please let this mechanic have a recall IS, please of please. I appreciated the idea behind it but it was an incredibly unbalanced mechanic in Awakening and ended up making the game way too luck based as a result. I'd rather see it gone, tbh, but given the success of Awakening that is doubtful. But at least give it a overhaul.

Tying with that, I hope the maps in this game will be far more diverse then in Awakening and not just a whole lot of empty space for hug maps that have no real strategicness to them other then going full aggro and hoping for the best. Please gimme better map design IS.

Also, don't **** up the difficulty levels this time. The jump from Hard (whih honestly isn't that hard anyway) to Lunatic (which is just plain brutal and amped up the luck base even more, of which Lunatic+ did even more of) in Awakening was ****ing insane.

I like the idea of the avatar character in this new game being the one true main character this time around and able to be a Lord (maybe only a Lord? I hope not) but please let my custom character be able to use magic from the get-go. Please oh please.

I also absolutely love the idea of choosing you own path to influence the story dramatically, that is gonna be so awesome. Although I do hope the the "good and evil" thing won't be so black and white and actually be meaningful and much more deep then just good vs evil.

Those are my current thoughts.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
You guys can read more about FE if and how they're doing the game via link.

As for SMTxFE, for those who aren't aware, it already has a name (in Japan of course) and the game is title "Genei Ibunroku#FE", which translate into "Illusory Revelations #FE".
I'm thinking that the game will follow original characters while featuring the already established ones from both FE and SMT, or at least for sure, characters from Fire Emblem.

I swear the green hair girl in the trailer is related to Tiki...
Plus the theme song is cool~

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Firstly I didn't see any Pair Up mechanic in sight in this new trailer but IIRC it was in the first trailer so I'm going to go under the presumption that the mechanic is back. Please let this mechanic have a recall IS, please of please. I appreciated the idea behind it but it was an incredibly unbalanced mechanic in Awakening and ended up making the game way too luck based as a result. I'd rather see it gone, tbh, but given the success of Awakening that is doubtful. But at least give it a overhaul,
feif.png

It's there, alright. Looks like now enemies can do it too.

Elezir

As for SMTxFE, for those who aren't aware, it already has a name (in Japan of course) and the game is title "Genei Ibunroku#FE", which translate into "Illusory Revelations #FE".
Hm, interesting, because Ibunroku is used in the titles of spin offs of the SMT mainline, if I remember well. That would probably explain the overwhelming Persona feel, I suppose.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I mean i don't know, but as both a Shin Megami Tensei fan and a Fire Emblem fan, i seriously don't see who is SMTxFE is supposed to cater to.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
(who I assume is the beloved ruler of Nohr I posted above, Saint Garon)
I saw Saint Ganon and now I cannot unsee it.

saint ganon.png

At any rate interesting theory and I'll be looking forward to seeing how it plays out.
In 2016. When I will not remember it.

[EDIT[: Tweaked the pic a bit.

Last edited:

Elezir

I know it's beating on the dead horse, but as I said before, the general feel of this trailer was pretty far off from either FE or SMT mainline (whence why the Ibunroku in the tilte explains a great deal for me), and as a fan of both series, it does sadden me, even if I hadn't set my expectations too high. First impressions are supposed to hype people after all, and it's the final game that sets it lower ;p
But because I love @ S Syrek too much, I suppose I'll reserve futher flaming analysis for the final game.

Last edited:

Yoship

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yoship2
3DS FC
1865-3001-1257
I'm kinda disappointed there are two different titles (see the Japanese Nintendo website) for IF. I'm honestly going to get white, because Hoshido.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Meanwhile in Japan, the next Ace Attorney game

Sherlock Holmes and a prosecutor who looks like Edgeworth meets Dracula.
my wallet is dying

9th of July release date in Japan, so if it's coming to the West that probably means a release date sometime in late 2015/early 2016.

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I know it's beating on the dead horse, but as I said before, the general feel of this trailer was pretty far off from either FE or SMT mainline (whence why the Ibunroku in the tilte explains a great deal for me), and as a fan of both series, it does sadden me, even if I hadn't set my expectations too high. First impressions are supposed to hype people after all, and it's the final game that sets it lower ;p
But because I love @ S Syrek too much, I suppose I'll reserve futher flaming analysis for the final game.
Awwww, thanks Elezir. <3 Love ya too! ;) My apologizes for being too passionate about my stance previously. :4lucina: Just so you know, I completely respect your opinion on the matter, especially after thinking things over. I do get why so many people are upset and I think it's fine if I'm one of the few that is interested or excited to see where SMT x FE goes. Your opinion, and those who follow a similar opinion, do matter and I value what you and everyone else has to say on the game's first reveal, even from a critical standpoint. And who knows. Maybe my opinion on the game will change as I see more of it. For right now, I'm intrigued to see how it progresses and where it goes. At the very least, it's going to be VERY interesting to witness the final product.

Regardless of my stance on the matter, I could NEVER be upset with you, Lady Elezir. :4robinm:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
On the subject of "#FE", here's another link that has a translation on the interview of the game's staff and generally talks about a few things regarding the trailer and etc etc, it's a good read.

I just want more news about the game. I know a lot of peepo have mixed reactions to it and tbh, the SMT/FE vibe isn't very apparent at all, but we'll have to wait and see how things unfold in the future.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Meanwhile in Japan, the next Ace Attorney game
I honestly thought the bit yesterday was one hundred percent prank. Pretty hype that it's not.
Needs the dogs back though.

I honestly wonder how much the jury bit will add. Wouldn't the goal just be to sway all six? Although I suppose if they're all characters in their own right and you have to play to each one, that'd be interesting. Can't please all the people all the time, maybe?

Iiinteresting. Potentially.

Elezir

Awwww, thanks Elezir. <3 Love ya too! ;) My apologizes for being too passionate about my stance previously. :4lucina: Just so you know, I completely respect your opinion on the matter, especially after thinking things over. I do get why so many people are upset and I think it's fine if I'm one of the few that is interested or excited to see where SMT x FE goes. Your opinion, and those who follow a similar opinion, do matter and I value what you and everyone else has to say on the game's first reveal, even from a critical standpoint. And who knows. Maybe my opinion on the game will change as I see more of it. For right now, I'm intrigued to see how it progresses and where it goes. At the very least, it's going to be VERY interesting to witness the final product.

Regardless of my stance on the matter, I could NEVER be upset with you, Lady Elezir. :4robinm:

Charming as ever, Syrek.Embarrass

On the subject of "#FE", here's another link that has a translation on the interview of the game's staff and generally talks about a few things regarding the trailer and etc etc, it's a good read.

I just want more news about the game. I know a lot of peepo have mixed reactions to it and tbh, the SMT/FE vibe isn't very apparent at all, but we'll have to wait and see how things unfold in the future.
That's rather interesting.
I'm still not exactly happy, but I'll trust in Atlus for now to at least do the competent job I expect from them.

If I think about it, maybe it was a bad idea on their part releasing that trailer back in 2013. It's obvious that their general idea on the game at the time was rough (they didn't even had a gameplay vid, just 'ideas', literally, a bunch of artwork from both series was passed around), and it obviously changed a lot in these 2 years.
Maybe if they hadn't released that, people wouldn't have build up on expectation and it would have way less backlash.

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
So did I see an earlier post correct that there are 2 versions of the new FE game?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I honestly thought the bit yesterday was one hundred percent prank. Pretty hype that it's not.
Needs the dogs back though.
The thing from yesterday was a pun on the Japanese name 大逆転裁判 - the character 大 is one stroke away from the character for "dog" 犬, so it becomes "The Dog Ace Attorney".

I honestly wonder how much the jury bit will add. Wouldn't the goal just be to sway all six? Although I suppose if they're all characters in their own right and you have to play to each one, that'd be interesting. Can't please all the people all the time, maybe?

Iiinteresting. Potentially.
inb4 Apollo Justice jurist system "decide for yourself whether or not you want to win the case"

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Ehhh, I don't even get Persona out of the SMTxFE trailer, it just looked like generic anime-esque game you see NIS publish. I'd love to be wrong and see the game turn out to be good, but my hype for it is certainly not there anymore. Kinda feel the same way with the new Fire Emblem if they really do follow the Pokemon path of 2 version for one game, but there's still a chance that'll be a Japan only thing, called it being a 2016 everywhere else though.

Elezir

So did I see an earlier post correct that there are 2 versions of the new FE game?
Yes dear. There will be two versions, just like pokemon.
In one you'll side with Hoshido, and in the other you side with Nohr:sadsheep:
The digital version and a Limited physical copy will include both, though.

There's a chance it will be a Japan thing only, since the NA version didn't say anything about that, but don't get your hopes too high.

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
Serenes says that the digital copy is basically the same as the physical copy you have to choice but the path you didn't choose gets locked until you buy it as DLC so both are basically the same in the long run

Elezir

Serenes says that the digital copy is basically the same as the physical copy you have to choice but the path you didn't choose gets locked until you buy it as DLC so both are basically the same in the long run
I hadn't read that. Now all this ordeal makes more sense.
It's still jerkassness.:sadsheep:

Top Bottom